Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | to light sprite or not to light sprite
1 2
One of the things I've intermittently kicked myself for since joining in April of 2014 was just deciding from the get-go that all the sprites that preceded me were too expensive and I just shouldn't even try since I'd just stress myself out--because of course they've only gotten much more expensive since then, and if I'd just committed back in 2014 I'd have the whole set by now easily.

Anyway, I just socked away another little chunk of gems in my vault towards some gem scroll projects, looked at the total I currently have in there (12kg, plus another ~2kg slush fund outside the vault), and went "man, I am a fifth of the way toward a light sprite without having actively worked to earn a lot of gems, maybe I should go for it after all."

Worth it? Not worth it? Earning 56kg (+ inflation) going to be a lot harder than it feels like?
One of the things I've intermittently kicked myself for since joining in April of 2014 was just deciding from the get-go that all the sprites that preceded me were too expensive and I just shouldn't even try since I'd just stress myself out--because of course they've only gotten much more expensive since then, and if I'd just committed back in 2014 I'd have the whole set by now easily.

Anyway, I just socked away another little chunk of gems in my vault towards some gem scroll projects, looked at the total I currently have in there (12kg, plus another ~2kg slush fund outside the vault), and went "man, I am a fifth of the way toward a light sprite without having actively worked to earn a lot of gems, maybe I should go for it after all."

Worth it? Not worth it? Earning 56kg (+ inflation) going to be a lot harder than it feels like?
Finish your gene projects first
Finish your gene projects first

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
Genes will always have the same prices, where sprites will always get more expensive. I'd say go for the sprite. I recently spent my gene gems on a lightning sprite and I don't regret it. Plus if you do regret getting the sprite you can sell it and possibly gain gems.
Genes will always have the same prices, where sprites will always get more expensive. I'd say go for the sprite. I recently spent my gene gems on a lightning sprite and I don't regret it. Plus if you do regret getting the sprite you can sell it and possibly gain gems.
I'll Secondary Gene: Morph to someone else. I'm just a Tertiary Gene: Ghost Sprsme376.gifSprcr079.gif
Oh, I'm definitely not trying to decide between genes and sprite (I'm not in a rush for the gene project), I'm trying to decide whether to try to get that many gems/that much treasure to convert at all--I definitely agree that sprites will only get more expensive, especially the elusive light sprite, and that if I'm going to do it I should do it now, a lot like the saying about the best time to plant a tree being twenty years ago.
Oh, I'm definitely not trying to decide between genes and sprite (I'm not in a rush for the gene project), I'm trying to decide whether to try to get that many gems/that much treasure to convert at all--I definitely agree that sprites will only get more expensive, especially the elusive light sprite, and that if I'm going to do it I should do it now, a lot like the saying about the best time to plant a tree being twenty years ago.
Wellll, one of the questions is: When will the next big pet site Kickstarter/launch cause the price to drop by 25%? Basically non-answerable, though there is some ability to keep track of likely projects.

It's been interesting watching the dip and rebound in value.
Wellll, one of the questions is: When will the next big pet site Kickstarter/launch cause the price to drop by 25%? Basically non-answerable, though there is some ability to keep track of likely projects.

We don't see much harm in trying to save up. Worst case scenario is you get fed up and have a nice amount of money to spend on something else.
We don't see much harm in trying to save up. Worst case scenario is you get fed up and have a nice amount of money to spend on something else.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="Dagomor" date="2020-10-15 10:46:53" ] Wellll, one of the questions is: When will the next big pet site Kickstarter/launch cause the price to drop by 25%? Basically non-answerable, though there is some ability to keep track of likely projects. It's been interesting watching the dip and rebound in value. [/quote] Oh, that's a great point. Between this and someone else pointing out recently in another thread that the cheap sprites recently spiked in value and are now dropping again, I'm wondering if anyone's actually tracked sprite price trends somewhere?
Dagomor wrote on 2020-10-15 10:46:53:

Oh, that's a great point. Between this and someone else pointing out recently in another thread that the cheap sprites recently spiked in value and are now dropping again, I'm wondering if anyone's actually tracked sprite price trends somewhere?
[quote name="Dagomor" date="2020-10-15 10:46:53" ] Wellll, one of the questions is: When will the next big pet site Kickstarter/launch cause the price to drop by 25%? Basically non-answerable, though there is some ability to keep track of likely projects. It's been interesting watching the dip and rebound in value. [/quote] I managed to grab a second one "cheap" lol seemed like a good investment.
Dagomor wrote on 2020-10-15 10:46:53:

I managed to grab a second one "cheap" lol seemed like a good investment.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
For me, the sprites just don't seem worth it. We have the nymph recolors so if the only thing that makes them that expensive is scarcity, I'm not interested.
For me, the sprites just don't seem worth it. We have the nymph recolors so if the only thing that makes them that expensive is scarcity, I'm not interested.
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
As someone who went absolutely bananas and bought gems towards a kickstarter apparel, I'd say it's definitely never too late to start saving for that Big One. Wish you luck either way!
As someone who went absolutely bananas and bought gems towards a kickstarter apparel, I'd say it's definitely never too late to start saving for that Big One. Wish you luck either way!
xe/xyr/xem
1 2