Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Chitinous Armor
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 102 103
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2020-10-09 01:41:23" ] flight rising veterans.. is this a typical amount of visual bugs and visual errors? there seems to be a massive amount of bad clipping. apparel in the same set not working on male spirals, things clipping over body parts all over the place.. is this normal for new apparel releases? it seems like. a lot. like really a lot [/quote] I think it's just a consequence of the style of the armor. A lot of apparel has a non-natural design. For example, many apparel sets have cloth draping over the wings. There are obviously a lot of different cuts and styles that can be used to avoid clipping issues. But insect wings have a natural look that follow a certain structure, and they need to be a certain size as not to look awkward. Likewise, the style also doesn't hug the silhouette of the body as closely as a lot of other sets, which makes clipping issues even harder to avoid. [quote name="Asmo" date="2020-10-09 08:37:01" ] Bug list states the fixes will go in later today, yet it's 2 days later now. Will this be overworked, or will it get ignored like many other apparel items? As it stands, right now these errors make most of the apparel unuseable to me, despite me loving the concept.[/quote] It was stated that the apparel fix requests would go in after the update, not that the fixes would be finished by then. No ETA was given for the fixes, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Doodlepede wrote on 2020-10-09 01:41:23:
flight rising veterans.. is this a typical amount of visual bugs and visual errors? there seems to be a massive amount of bad clipping. apparel in the same set not working on male spirals, things clipping over body parts all over the place..
is this normal for new apparel releases? it seems like. a lot. like really a lot

I think it's just a consequence of the style of the armor. A lot of apparel has a non-natural design. For example, many apparel sets have cloth draping over the wings. There are obviously a lot of different cuts and styles that can be used to avoid clipping issues. But insect wings have a natural look that follow a certain structure, and they need to be a certain size as not to look awkward.

Likewise, the style also doesn't hug the silhouette of the body as closely as a lot of other sets, which makes clipping issues even harder to avoid.

Asmo wrote on 2020-10-09 08:37:01:
Bug list states the fixes will go in later today, yet it's 2 days later now. Will this be overworked, or will it get ignored like many other apparel items? As it stands, right now these errors make most of the apparel unuseable to me, despite me loving the concept.

It was stated that the apparel fix requests would go in after the update, not that the fixes would be finished by then. No ETA was given for the fixes, but I wouldn't worry too much.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
I need them all...times 10.
I need them all...times 10.
courier_spitfire.gifcourier_pearl.gifcourier_edgar.gifCoolangel533.png
BUGS BUGS BUGS!!!! I NEED SO MANY SETS
BUGS BUGS BUGS!!!! I NEED SO MANY SETS
uWKmYMk.jpg sykEOD9.jpg
OH MY GODDD-

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THEY LOOK SO GOOD AAA
OH MY GODDD-

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THEY LOOK SO GOOD AAA
483.png Cmz8k8j.pngChimiraxCmz8k8j.png
tRvB8Xn.png
zNcyhot.png
Wn6vGC1.png
g6CyIfP.png

BLESSED DAY FOR BUGGY ARMOR
BLESSED DAY FOR BUGGY ARMOR
All of the apparel is super pretty! You designers and developers did such a great job on it! The Skittering Chitin apparel goes quite well with my (BNHA) fandragon Katsuki Bakugo's colors and genes, but it wouldn't make sense on him, as for I am trying to give him an outfit that looks similar to his Hero Costume [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=63923916&skin=0&apparel=36158,36178,36163,36173,36168,36153&xt=dressing.png[/img]
All of the apparel is super pretty! You designers and developers did such a great job on it!

The Skittering Chitin apparel goes quite well with my (BNHA) fandragon Katsuki Bakugo's colors and genes, but it wouldn't make sense on him, as for I am trying to give him an outfit that looks similar to his Hero Costume
dragon?did=63923916&skin=0&apparel=36158,36178,36163,36173,36168,36153&xt=dressing.png
NQoi0Uc.pngW4bPTjV.png1IPUNJj.png
FObX7rS.png DxCICZ1.png
hUchsi0.png
Windexx | They/he/xe/it/dragos
Add me on genshin! my uid is 641815069 :D

Check out my Dragon Cave profile!
Q4idXs1.pngaL21n5x.png5Rzv8uW.png UOOoH.gif
Though I don’t think the new apparel is bad, in fact it looks very fun, it’s still a relief to see it’s something I won’t be breaking the bank over
Though I don’t think the new apparel is bad, in fact it looks very fun, it’s still a relief to see it’s something I won’t be breaking the bank over
1st Anniversary Fish Cake The True Flight Rising Experience
Hatched a triple-orca baby from a single-egg nest. The parents have a 65-color primary range, a 41-color secondary range, and a 17-color tertiary range. There was a .0022% chance of this color combo happening. But it’s not a g1 and there are 42,538 triple-orca dragons unexalted. This is the best luck you've ever had on this site and it’s simultaneously completely unimpressive. Incredible.
Dragon ID: #74228362 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEarned:2021-12-11
Oooooooh I LOVE them!! I need ALL OF THEM!! Assemble the Bugsquad!! [emoji=tundra star size=2]
Oooooooh I LOVE them!! I need ALL OF THEM!! Assemble the Bugsquad!!
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
chitin! chitin! *rejoices in Bug*
chitin! chitin! *rejoices in Bug*
available 9:00 - 19:00 server time
oh the helmet looks so good on jynx!!!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59246442][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/592465/59246442_350.png[/img][/url] i don't normally get new apparel right when it comes out because it's hard to get but i really wanted this
oh the helmet looks so good on jynx!!!!

59246442_350.png

i don't normally get new apparel right when it comes out because it's hard to get but i really wanted this
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 102 103