Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Chitinous Armor
1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
@Asmo
ahhh I feel that. I will probably just use helmets, I really like them XD
based on how many errors this one had and previous stuff to... no. there was suggestion that there is testing of each new update and... yeah it would be good. I get it, we all make errors, but we are getting more and more of them. I am glad this one got fixed soon-ish at least
@Asmo
ahhh I feel that. I will probably just use helmets, I really like them XD
based on how many errors this one had and previous stuff to... no. there was suggestion that there is testing of each new update and... yeah it would be good. I get it, we all make errors, but we are getting more and more of them. I am glad this one got fixed soon-ish at least
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
[quote name="Asmo" date="2020-10-16 14:12:32" ] @/Valrunie That's just disappointing then, gah. One more set on the list of things I'll never use, I guess. I'm genuinely wondering if FR has art direction or anyone to look over artist's creations before they get implemented. [/quote] This is inspiring me to make WIPs showcasing that many of the poses without the opposite wing can, in fact, have the wing. A tiny bit of clipping won't kill anybody - the breastplate already clips on some poses with the arm chitin and tail segments. Some poses probably will just always have one wing (they look fine anyway), but there's many that look off without it and could still pull off an opposite wing.
Asmo wrote on 2020-10-16 14:12:32:
@/Valrunie
That's just disappointing then, gah.
One more set on the list of things I'll never use, I guess.
I'm genuinely wondering if FR has art direction or anyone to look over artist's creations before they get implemented.
This is inspiring me to make WIPs showcasing that many of the poses without the opposite wing can, in fact, have the wing. A tiny bit of clipping won't kill anybody - the breastplate already clips on some poses with the arm chitin and tail segments. Some poses probably will just always have one wing (they look fine anyway), but there's many that look off without it and could still pull off an opposite wing.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I remember some older armor set clipping too, but it was far from this level.
In no way I am btw wanting to blame anyone, errors are human, we all make them - I just know it's better to have a second set of eyes on things like this, either to test the concept or have someone find mistakes one would have not found on their own, either by weary eyes or just having not thought of it.
I remember some older armor set clipping too, but it was far from this level.
In no way I am btw wanting to blame anyone, errors are human, we all make them - I just know it's better to have a second set of eyes on things like this, either to test the concept or have someone find mistakes one would have not found on their own, either by weary eyes or just having not thought of it.
fuoDMXr.pngbsky - twitter - tumblr - he\they
I absolutely do agree with people saying that you guys should take your time! Personally, I can wait a very long time and get just as excited or even more so to see a bigger and/or more thorough update than what it would have been if pushed out! Maybe try more asking for input on things too. You don't have to be detailed or have a specific beta group either. Though groups to check things pre-release would also be a good idea imo.

Tbh, I do have a small theory that these had to get out before something else got released though.

Either way! There are errors in these armor sets, but I do still love how they look and appreciate the care you guys (the FR team) put into this site.
I absolutely do agree with people saying that you guys should take your time! Personally, I can wait a very long time and get just as excited or even more so to see a bigger and/or more thorough update than what it would have been if pushed out! Maybe try more asking for input on things too. You don't have to be detailed or have a specific beta group either. Though groups to check things pre-release would also be a good idea imo.

Tbh, I do have a small theory that these had to get out before something else got released though.

Either way! There are errors in these armor sets, but I do still love how they look and appreciate the care you guys (the FR team) put into this site.
I'm loving the new design, fits perfectly on this dragon!!:3 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63836978][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/638370/63836978_350.png[/img][/url]
I'm loving the new design, fits perfectly on this dragon!!:3
63836978_350.png
60825441.png -Activity RAFFLE (free)
-Hatchery
13138101.png imp fox project 93849726.png
I mean, it SAYS skydancer breastplates are fixed but Are they though? male skydancer: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=36163&xt=dressing.png[/img] armor is under both layers of wing feathers but over the wing skin?? (and the neck plates are over the head feathers when on the female they're between them) female: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=36163&xt=dressing.png[/img] it's under [i]one[/i] layer of feathers but over the other and the skin (and the Elbow fur thing too) Surely it should be only the very tips visible sticking out from behind the wind skin? (and my commentary from wherever my earlier post about the ridgeback and tundra's breastplate issues still stands too) (despite the issues, bug armour is still good)
I mean, it SAYS skydancer breastplates are fixed but Are they though?

male skydancer:
dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=36163&xt=dressing.png
armor is under both layers of wing feathers but over the wing skin?? (and the neck plates are over the head feathers when on the female they're between them)

female:
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=36163&xt=dressing.png
it's under one layer of feathers but over the other and the skin (and the Elbow fur thing too)

Surely it should be only the very tips visible sticking out from behind the wind skin?
(and my commentary from wherever my earlier post about the ridgeback and tundra's breastplate issues still stands too)

(despite the issues, bug armour is still good)
@FrozenShade
So it basically didn't get fixed at all and this is the quality we will now have to deal with.
@FrozenShade
So it basically didn't get fixed at all and this is the quality we will now have to deal with.
fuoDMXr.pngbsky - twitter - tumblr - he\they
I hope that further fixes are made. This is such a beautiful set, it deserves to look its best.
I hope that further fixes are made. This is such a beautiful set, it deserves to look its best.
its not fixed on coatl aswell
its not fixed on coatl aswell
Fae females not fixed either, tail still goes under the wing apparel
Fae females not fixed either, tail still goes under the wing apparel
headerrr.png
1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103