Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | why is it a wolf
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Reilata" date="2020-09-28 13:37:05" ] I pretty much assumed it was because of Anubis and the scales as well. [/quote] This was my first thought too. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/El_pesado_del_coraz%C3%B3n_en_el_Papiro_de_Hunefer.jpg[/img] One of Anubis’ roles was weighing hearts. Which was famously depicted in the book of the dead. Figured this was the inspiration toward the wolf idea since Anubis is supposedly based off of the African golden wolf (formally was identified as the African golden [i]jackal[/i]). Of course it could also be a wolf just because... wolf [emoji=spiral tongue size=1]
Reilata wrote on 2020-09-28 13:37:05:
I pretty much assumed it was because of Anubis and the scales as well.

This was my first thought too.

El_pesado_del_coraz%C3%B3n_en_el_Papiro_de_Hunefer.jpg

One of Anubis’ roles was weighing hearts. Which was famously depicted in the book of the dead. Figured this was the inspiration toward the wolf idea since Anubis is supposedly based off of the African golden wolf (formally was identified as the African golden jackal).

Of course it could also be a wolf just because... wolf
97eTBKB.png
Here I thought it was a ref to the whole "There are two wolves inside of you..." metaphor
Here I thought it was a ref to the whole "There are two wolves inside of you..." metaphor
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
For everyone who kept saying scales I just want to say I forgot you guys were talking about scales (balances) and not fishscales like these [item=reflective fish scales] and I kept imagining a familiar that was just fish scales
For everyone who kept saying scales I just want to say I forgot you guys were talking about scales (balances) and not fishscales like these Reflective Fish Scales and I kept imagining a familiar that was just fish scales
2I8iN.gif
> Ray / Raynix
> 2+ FR time
> she / her
> Wishlist
I kinda like that they're being imaginative and flexible with the astrology theme. I get wary of astrology if it's taken too seriously, so I like that they are using it more as a guideline.

@RaynixAura Lol! I'm not sure how to get that image out of my head now!
I kinda like that they're being imaginative and flexible with the astrology theme. I get wary of astrology if it's taken too seriously, so I like that they are using it more as a guideline.

@RaynixAura Lol! I'm not sure how to get that image out of my head now!
LxbWmll.png
[quote name="biohazardBroski" date="2020-09-28 12:03:58" ] If the Enchanted Libra was just a set of scales I’d be disappointed if it would look like this [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/20814.png[/img] [/quote]
biohazardBroski wrote on 2020-09-28 12:03:58:
If the Enchanted Libra was just a set of scales I’d be disappointed if it would look like this
20814.png
earthh5.png
shhh, wolves good
shhh, wolves good
...you guys do realize that libra's zodiac animal IS a dog, right?
poem shop
writing prompts
Yeah, I kinda figured it was a reference to Anubis and his scales as well. Didn't realize how many people would be confused by it.
Yeah, I kinda figured it was a reference to Anubis and his scales as well. Didn't realize how many people would be confused by it.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="Flightstorm9" date="2020-09-28 15:22:49" ] ...you guys do realize that libra's zodiac animal IS a dog, right? [/quote] this is exactly what i was thinking, libra's corresponding animal in the chinese zodiac is the dog, so it made perfect sense to me haha
Flightstorm9 wrote on 2020-09-28 15:22:49:
this is exactly what i was thinking, libra's corresponding animal in the chinese zodiac is the dog, so it made perfect sense to me haha
I really thought it was for Anubis too, but I forgot he's a jackal lol
I really thought it was for Anubis too, but I forgot he's a jackal lol
1 2 3 4 5