Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Hoard & Vault
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 89 90
My only question, for items that do not have a drop down selection will they finally have them now that we can mass open things like chests? Because trying to just fish a certain number out of those is terrible when it's all of nothing.
My only question, for items that do not have a drop down selection will they finally have them now that we can mass open things like chests? Because trying to just fish a certain number out of those is terrible when it's all of nothing.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
All of this looks great, but what about folders? That would help so immensely with organization in a way that nothing else can.
All of this looks great, but what about folders? That would help so immensely with organization in a way that nothing else can.
This is great! I have a couple suggestions for this update already :)! Looking forward to this!
This is great! I have a couple suggestions for this update already :)! Looking forward to this!
7862891.png ___
Winged
She/her
FR +3
I love pings c:
____ 51027181.png
Interesting! Ok, a handful of different thoughts here.

1. Will this update fix the issue where hoard filters are removed as soon as an action is performed? That is: you sort food by "meat" and select items, but as soon as you hit "convert to food points," the filter selecting "meat" is removed.
Alternately, will it be possible to select items across multiple pages?
I just want to know if I can get through converting all available meat in the hoard without reapplying the filter 5 times

2. Will there be any updates to stack behavior other than the creation of virtual stacks? It would be neat to be able to re-consolidate stacks that have gotten stuck at small amounts. (For example, after listing Seaside Trumpets in groups of 8, I now have a stack of 3, a stack of 6, and a stack of 1. The AH only lets me list up to the size of each stack at once. If I gather more, they start a new stack. As far as I know, there's no way to recombine them.) This is admittedly a minor issue, but it can be a bit annoying to wrangle.

3. Will it be possible to save searches/filter conditions? I know that one of the big requests for the hoard update has been customizable tabs, and a dev reply earlier in this thread implies that the filter function is intended to serve this purpose. So, being able to save searches would be useful, to be able to access the "virtual tabs."

4. Just to confirm, customizable tabs are fully off the table? I won't be able to make, say, a tab of "items i'm keeping because they look cool," and have them be separated from other items?
The shear size of the hoard can get frustrating, and it would be nice to be able to break it up in customizable ways. With filters, you can't "set aside" items and have them *not* appear when going through the general hoard, short of moving them to the vault. And you can only filter along predefined categories.
(Another way around this might be to expand the "favorite" feature to apply custom tags to items, which you could then filter on? That's a whole other can of worms though.)

5. Would it be possible to toggle off the "item interaction window"? It's visually busy and mostly seems to be clutter to click through. I know one of the goals of the redesigns has been to make functions accessible through multiple pathways, but I personally find a lot of these redundancies to be annoying or confusing. If I'm hoardselling or converting to food points, I'd want to be doing multiple items at once from the controls at the bottom of the page. If I'm selling on the AH, I'd use the AH window, and if I'm melting for baldwin, I'd go to baldwin. The functions to lock, favorite, or go to the database are useful - but the whole big popup seems like clutter that I'd be accidentally clicking on and closing out of all the time, especially on mobile where it's easy to mis-click.

Sorry that's a lot of different points! The hoard revamp is so logistically complicated, it's interesting to see how it's being developed.
Interesting! Ok, a handful of different thoughts here.

1. Will this update fix the issue where hoard filters are removed as soon as an action is performed? That is: you sort food by "meat" and select items, but as soon as you hit "convert to food points," the filter selecting "meat" is removed.
Alternately, will it be possible to select items across multiple pages?
I just want to know if I can get through converting all available meat in the hoard without reapplying the filter 5 times

2. Will there be any updates to stack behavior other than the creation of virtual stacks? It would be neat to be able to re-consolidate stacks that have gotten stuck at small amounts. (For example, after listing Seaside Trumpets in groups of 8, I now have a stack of 3, a stack of 6, and a stack of 1. The AH only lets me list up to the size of each stack at once. If I gather more, they start a new stack. As far as I know, there's no way to recombine them.) This is admittedly a minor issue, but it can be a bit annoying to wrangle.

3. Will it be possible to save searches/filter conditions? I know that one of the big requests for the hoard update has been customizable tabs, and a dev reply earlier in this thread implies that the filter function is intended to serve this purpose. So, being able to save searches would be useful, to be able to access the "virtual tabs."

4. Just to confirm, customizable tabs are fully off the table? I won't be able to make, say, a tab of "items i'm keeping because they look cool," and have them be separated from other items?
The shear size of the hoard can get frustrating, and it would be nice to be able to break it up in customizable ways. With filters, you can't "set aside" items and have them *not* appear when going through the general hoard, short of moving them to the vault. And you can only filter along predefined categories.
(Another way around this might be to expand the "favorite" feature to apply custom tags to items, which you could then filter on? That's a whole other can of worms though.)

5. Would it be possible to toggle off the "item interaction window"? It's visually busy and mostly seems to be clutter to click through. I know one of the goals of the redesigns has been to make functions accessible through multiple pathways, but I personally find a lot of these redundancies to be annoying or confusing. If I'm hoardselling or converting to food points, I'd want to be doing multiple items at once from the controls at the bottom of the page. If I'm selling on the AH, I'd use the AH window, and if I'm melting for baldwin, I'd go to baldwin. The functions to lock, favorite, or go to the database are useful - but the whole big popup seems like clutter that I'd be accidentally clicking on and closing out of all the time, especially on mobile where it's easy to mis-click.

Sorry that's a lot of different points! The hoard revamp is so logistically complicated, it's interesting to see how it's being developed.
YESSS this rules
YESSS this rules
[quote name="DarkElite020" date="2020-09-21 12:34:37" ] For the most part I’m good with this, but I don’t really like the opening 10 chests thing and wish it was a toggle, because during the night of the nocturne I sell most of my chests but for fun every now and then I open ONE, and if I have to open ten that’s quite the investment :( [/quote] @DarkElite020 You'll be able to open [b]up to[/b] 10 random chests at a time. You may choose to open any quantity less than that! And, as always, non-random chests can be opened either one at a time, as an entire stack of 99, or any number in between.
DarkElite020 wrote on 2020-09-21 12:34:37:
For the most part I’m good with this, but I don’t really like the opening 10 chests thing and wish it was a toggle, because during the night of the nocturne I sell most of my chests but for fun every now and then I open ONE, and if I have to open ten that’s quite the investment :(

@DarkElite020
You'll be able to open up to 10 random chests at a time. You may choose to open any quantity less than that!

And, as always, non-random chests can be opened either one at a time, as an entire stack of 99, or any number in between.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I'm sure this has already been mentioned....
But the "Self Service: Item Restoration" MIGHT need a small notice to remind people that it is for HOARD SELLING and not Auction House selling.
I know it seems like it would be common sense and all, but this iiiiiiiiis the internet. Soooo~
I'm sure this has already been mentioned....
But the "Self Service: Item Restoration" MIGHT need a small notice to remind people that it is for HOARD SELLING and not Auction House selling.
I know it seems like it would be common sense and all, but this iiiiiiiiis the internet. Soooo~
TOW2n3q.png
This is a lot to take in, but as of now I'm really happy about this update!!!
This is a lot to take in, but as of now I'm really happy about this update!!!
He/They 3W1nMYR.png tn0RSo5.pngpZJYyk4.png
Pgv53XB.png125nq1m.png
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
eN3aGnd.png8d7o509.png
I initial thought that the Item Interaction Window had a lot going on but I see that the select all option is still there so I am over that thought now. :)

I really need the sorting feature so that I can finalize things in me lair. I am excited about everything it seems but that is in the top two along with the locking feature.
I initial thought that the Item Interaction Window had a lot going on but I see that the select all option is still there so I am over that thought now. :)

I really need the sorting feature so that I can finalize things in me lair. I am excited about everything it seems but that is in the top two along with the locking feature.
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 89 90