Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | same familiar on multiple dragons
1 2 3
Support. I've benefitted from this not being a thing by way of buying rare familiars from people who didn't realize, but there's really no reason to not allow multiple of the same familiar on multiple dragons. Also there's always a ton of "bug" reports about it.
Support. I've benefitted from this not being a thing by way of buying rare familiars from people who didn't realize, but there's really no reason to not allow multiple of the same familiar on multiple dragons. Also there's always a ton of "bug" reports about it.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
:( unfortunately, no support.
I really like the idea but only for the familiars I like, as many other people share that sentiment, but
I feel like this would quickly turn into an already present hoarding issue with more rare familiars, rather than letting extras circulate. More in depth reasoning of this stance, and other finicky issues that would come with it:
  • I already have so many familiars, the current familiar listing is still small and hard to navigate for me, showing multiples of the same familiar would quickly over crowd the list of applicable familiars.
  • The idea is beneficial for people who want to do this with common familiars, and familiars they already have an abundance of (which would have minimal impact on the familiar circuit), but
  • You get one person (or maybe like, three people) who wants to have a lair full of ultimate buttersnakes — to use the previous example, and as someone who likes ult buttsnakes — it becomes a very expensive and unfair market to newer users who want buttsnakes. You then have a monopoly on buttsnakes and show it off, but fewer people have them.
  • Rare familiars are already pricey, so encouraging users to hoard them feels like something that would quickly become uncontrollable and skewed towards people who can spend IRL money to buy gems for in game items.

You get that with any other rare familiar that a lot of people like, it quickly becomes inaccessible to people who can't or don't spend irl money. I, personally, would feel very upset, very quickly, to find that the familiars I want to save up for are no longer available because of extreme economic disparity within the game.
:( unfortunately, no support.
I really like the idea but only for the familiars I like, as many other people share that sentiment, but
I feel like this would quickly turn into an already present hoarding issue with more rare familiars, rather than letting extras circulate. More in depth reasoning of this stance, and other finicky issues that would come with it:
  • I already have so many familiars, the current familiar listing is still small and hard to navigate for me, showing multiples of the same familiar would quickly over crowd the list of applicable familiars.
  • The idea is beneficial for people who want to do this with common familiars, and familiars they already have an abundance of (which would have minimal impact on the familiar circuit), but
  • You get one person (or maybe like, three people) who wants to have a lair full of ultimate buttersnakes — to use the previous example, and as someone who likes ult buttsnakes — it becomes a very expensive and unfair market to newer users who want buttsnakes. You then have a monopoly on buttsnakes and show it off, but fewer people have them.
  • Rare familiars are already pricey, so encouraging users to hoard them feels like something that would quickly become uncontrollable and skewed towards people who can spend IRL money to buy gems for in game items.

You get that with any other rare familiar that a lot of people like, it quickly becomes inaccessible to people who can't or don't spend irl money. I, personally, would feel very upset, very quickly, to find that the familiars I want to save up for are no longer available because of extreme economic disparity within the game.
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
Ultimate buttersnakes aren't retired and can still be found in chests. And tbh if someone wants to hoard something retired and highly expensive... that's their business and other people aren't entitled to those items. People are honestly already doing that and the lack of the ability to add multiple light sprites to multiple dragons isn't gonna stop people from hoarding light sprites if they have that level of dedication. If it's someone's life calling, that's their gameplay choice.
Ultimate buttersnakes aren't retired and can still be found in chests. And tbh if someone wants to hoard something retired and highly expensive... that's their business and other people aren't entitled to those items. People are honestly already doing that and the lack of the ability to add multiple light sprites to multiple dragons isn't gonna stop people from hoarding light sprites if they have that level of dedication. If it's someone's life calling, that's their gameplay choice.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support because the inability to put the same familiar on multiple dragons makes awakening easier and I would rather not have to simply have no extras of common familiars in order to avoid having them still show up.
No support because the inability to put the same familiar on multiple dragons makes awakening easier and I would rather not have to simply have no extras of common familiars in order to avoid having them still show up.
Support.
IF they add a filter for 'already equipped' that is default set to not equipped so the current system of not seeing familiars that are already attached is preserved.
That way nobody is inconvenienced by the change, and people get more freedom to utilize their familiars how they want.

Support.
IF they add a filter for 'already equipped' that is default set to not equipped so the current system of not seeing familiars that are already attached is preserved.
That way nobody is inconvenienced by the change, and people get more freedom to utilize their familiars how they want.

[quote name="Tserin" date="2020-09-20 14:45:20" ] Ultimate buttersnakes aren't retired and can still be found in chests. And tbh if someone wants to hoard something retired and highly expensive... that's their business and other people aren't entitled to those items. People are honestly already doing that and the lack of the ability to add multiple light sprites to multiple dragons isn't gonna stop people from hoarding light sprites if they have that level of dedication. If it's someone's life calling, that's their gameplay choice. [/quote] Buttersnakes was a stand in example, and not the hard fast rule or best example of what people can hoard — and the game perfectly allows for it — but the disparity that would come with letting people add the same familiar to more than one dragon, shouldn't be a mechanic that the site [i]encourages[/i]. Denying this feature doesn't [i][b]discourage[/b][/i] people from hoarding, either. They can do what they please with what they like, and I have no qualms about how people use existing functions. Hoarding, as a site feature, is frequently beneficial for old or retired items, and occasionally, people who hoard items allow those items to be available in the future if they choose to sell them. There is simply a [i]higher [/i]potential for newer users to be screwed over, as well as the potential for monetary disparity to be more pronounced and skewed over favored/popular items on the AH. [emoji=peacock feather size=1] im only clarifying my previous post. if people enjoy the idea, im not here to say its wrong to support it. i would even be on board, if it werent for the lack of balance that I see that would come from it.
Tserin wrote on 2020-09-20 14:45:20:

Buttersnakes was a stand in example, and not the hard fast rule or best example of what people can hoard — and the game perfectly allows for it — but the disparity that would come with letting people add the same familiar to more than one dragon, shouldn't be a mechanic that the site encourages.

Denying this feature doesn't discourage people from hoarding, either. They can do what they please with what they like, and I have no qualms about how people use existing functions.

Hoarding, as a site feature, is frequently beneficial for old or retired items, and occasionally, people who hoard items allow those items to be available in the future if they choose to sell them.

There is simply a higher potential for newer users to be screwed over, as well as the potential for monetary disparity to be more pronounced and skewed over favored/popular items on the AH.

im only clarifying my previous post. if people enjoy the idea, im not here to say its wrong to support it. i would even be on board, if it werent for the lack of balance that I see that would come from it.
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
[quote name="Tserin" date="2020-09-20 13:05:10" ] Also there's always a ton of "bug" reports about it. [/quote] Just as a note, changing the current behavior would probably result in a similar number of bug reports/help topics revolving around things like "I can only bond with one of my Luna Miths per day, it's broken!" I think in this case, changing the limits around would result in people being [i]differently[/i] confused, not people being less confused.
Tserin wrote on 2020-09-20 13:05:10:
Also there's always a ton of "bug" reports about it.

Just as a note, changing the current behavior would probably result in a similar number of bug reports/help topics revolving around things like "I can only bond with one of my Luna Miths per day, it's broken!" I think in this case, changing the limits around would result in people being differently confused, not people being less confused.
I could support this, I have plenty of instances where I'm having trouble giving a familiar to one dragon because I want another dragon to have it.

Although, can't you only name a type of familiar one time over? 50 fams with the same name would be silly..
I could support this, I have plenty of instances where I'm having trouble giving a familiar to one dragon because I want another dragon to have it.

Although, can't you only name a type of familiar one time over? 50 fams with the same name would be silly..
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Massive support. Familiars play a substantial role in my lore, always have, and having the same familiar on multiple dragons is a feature I've wanted from the very start.

I would be delighted to pair one of the new parrots with all of my pirate dragons, for example.
Massive support. Familiars play a substantial role in my lore, always have, and having the same familiar on multiple dragons is a feature I've wanted from the very start.

I would be delighted to pair one of the new parrots with all of my pirate dragons, for example.
@/Vabam [quote]You get that with any other rare familiar that a lot of people like, it quickly becomes inaccessible to people who can't or don't spend irl money. I, personally, would feel very upset, very quickly, to find that the familiars I want to save up for are no longer available because of extreme economic disparity within the game.[/quote] i totally understand what you're saying when it comes to people hoarding more types of familiars so they could have it on their dragons, and it could definitely incentivize someone to hoard more, but i don't think the change would cause much of an effect in that area if it did - i mean, a solution could be made to where familiars exist in the code similar to vistas, one singular vista can be on multiple dragon bios, but that would require a larger code change than simply allowing players to use their multiple familiars they already own players inclined to hoard items will hoard items already, i think items that are more common are exponentially more likely to be hoarded than, say, a light sprite, but yes, it could cause players to hoard items more. still, i think that's more a topic for the inflation cost-rise issue on-site, and not necessarily a reason not to add in the ability to have multiple of the same familiar on dragons. i have multiple zodiac familiars, not to sell, only because i like them; i might gift one to someone if they needed it, as it is though they're not going anywhere anyway and they're relatively useless to me except as a item i never really notice in my vault, and they're relatively useless to anyone else because i enjoy them tl;dr the economic issue is a topic on itself, there are potential workarounds for familiars being hoarded, but either way items that are expensive now will continue to keep rising as long as the site exists without some kind of economic fix even if we never add this feature into the game, but i understand your concerns @/StannyWolfie [quote]Although, can't you only name a type of familiar one time over? 50 fams with the same name would be silly..[/quote] i mean you can only name it once right now because you can only have it on one dragon, so it's not coded to be able to do that because having it coded to be able to do that is pointless, but like my pal brought up you could always change it so you could name the familiar box instead of the familiar itself and that should take care of the issue - maybe similar to how the Broadcast Message works on dragons now?
@/Vabam
Quote:

i totally understand what you're saying when it comes to people hoarding more types of familiars so they could have it on their dragons, and it could definitely incentivize someone to hoard more, but i don't think the change would cause much of an effect in that area if it did - i mean, a solution could be made to where familiars exist in the code similar to vistas, one singular vista can be on multiple dragon bios, but that would require a larger code change than simply allowing players to use their multiple familiars they already own

players inclined to hoard items will hoard items already, i think items that are more common are exponentially more likely to be hoarded than, say, a light sprite, but yes, it could cause players to hoard items more. still, i think that's more a topic for the inflation cost-rise issue on-site, and not necessarily a reason not to add in the ability to have multiple of the same familiar on dragons. i have multiple zodiac familiars, not to sell, only because i like them; i might gift one to someone if they needed it, as it is though they're not going anywhere anyway and they're relatively useless to me except as a item i never really notice in my vault, and they're relatively useless to anyone else because i enjoy them
tl;dr the economic issue is a topic on itself, there are potential workarounds for familiars being hoarded, but either way items that are expensive now will continue to keep rising as long as the site exists without some kind of economic fix even if we never add this feature into the game, but i understand your concerns

@/StannyWolfie
Quote:

i mean you can only name it once right now because you can only have it on one dragon, so it's not coded to be able to do that because having it coded to be able to do that is pointless, but like my pal brought up you could always change it so you could name the familiar box instead of the familiar itself and that should take care of the issue - maybe similar to how the Broadcast Message works on dragons now?

ygWzlbs.pngiYZYA9W.pngJLfxO0N.pngeRWUNjA.pngNk21WD8.pngsFMScix.pngpxQdDU5.pngm78opSZ.pngT2nbrk6.pngNziikFf.pnguZLcmAo.png
mz77kVn.png
1 2 3