Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon element change
1 2 3 4
The difference is that eye color is something many people do care about. You can't fool someone by using the ring, because it doesn't change the eye color itself, but contacts would change the eye color.

The hoods and other apparel that hide/change eye color are obvious as apparel, so those are much harder to use to scam people.

It isn't even going outside Fr, this could be done through the forums here, The water/rainbow sprite thing I was talking about was on site as well. We have the dragons for sale forum that is explicitly for selling dragons. Most of those sales probably do not go through the AH at all, but rather crossroads.

It is more likely to be caught onto here than on other sites, but it can still happen on site as well as offsite.
The difference is that eye color is something many people do care about. You can't fool someone by using the ring, because it doesn't change the eye color itself, but contacts would change the eye color.

The hoods and other apparel that hide/change eye color are obvious as apparel, so those are much harder to use to scam people.

It isn't even going outside Fr, this could be done through the forums here, The water/rainbow sprite thing I was talking about was on site as well. We have the dragons for sale forum that is explicitly for selling dragons. Most of those sales probably do not go through the AH at all, but rather crossroads.

It is more likely to be caught onto here than on other sites, but it can still happen on site as well as offsite.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="ChuuChuu" date="2020-08-28 10:12:17" ] I'm pretty new and I had a goal that I need a perfect dragon, to make a fandragon. I find almost perfect one, but his eyes destroyed my goal[/quote] I would just like to point out that this is generally what's known as a "Breeding Project." If you have a dragon that's almost perfect, but has the wrong eyes, find a close enough mate, and get them on a nest of the appropriate element. Breeding projects are kind of a big part of the whole Flight Rising thing.
ChuuChuu wrote on 2020-08-28 10:12:17:
I'm pretty new and I had a goal that I need a perfect dragon, to make a fandragon. I find almost perfect one, but his eyes destroyed my goal

I would just like to point out that this is generally what's known as a "Breeding Project." If you have a dragon that's almost perfect, but has the wrong eyes, find a close enough mate, and get them on a nest of the appropriate element.

Breeding projects are kind of a big part of the whole Flight Rising thing.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="ChuuChuu" date="2020-08-28 10:12:17" ] I'm pretty new and I had a goal that I need a perfect dragon, to make a fandragon. I find almost perfect one, but his eyes destroyed my goal. I wanted to check if I can change his eyes/element, and found that topic. I can understand, that element change can kill a dragon *somehow*, but to be honest... doesn't "breed change" shouldn't also do it? I mean... imagine, that you're a child in the mother's belly, you're growing well and suddenly someone is trying to turn you from human to ape. It just won't work. Then why you can do this? Anyway, that's not what I wanted to write about, it was just a sample. To the point. If changing elements is a problem because would kill a dragon, then please, can you at least add apparel similar to "color eye lenses"? Original eye color would be there, but you could put eye lenses on dragon and can take it away anytime you want. It won't hurt a dragon, yes? It won't change element yes? It would be just a small apparel like things way more crazy on that site, yes? It will satisfy those who want the perfect dragons..? I guess? If you want it could cost one million, two millions, I don't care. I'm just asking for possibilities. Then? What do you think about it? *if anyone will see that post after 3 years*. [/quote] As a side note...you can’t change a dragon’s breed or genes while it is nesting. A breed change is simply a magical physical transformation, and really has no lore on it whatsoever; players are left to make of it what they will. Element/eye color does have lore that explicitly states why an element can’t be changed - whether with magic or other means. They are two completely different things. There are only two significant factors that can’t be changed on a dragon after it has been created: element and sex. If you are willing to spend a bit of money, you can turn almost any dragon in to pretty much anything you want with gene scrolls, breed scroll, and tri-color scatterscrolls. I simply don’t see the need for an element change, especially as you can guarantee what element the hatchlings will have by where you breed them (breeding being the main mechanic of the game).
ChuuChuu wrote on 2020-08-28 10:12:17:
I'm pretty new and I had a goal that I need a perfect dragon, to make a fandragon. I find almost perfect one, but his eyes destroyed my goal. I wanted to check if I can change his eyes/element, and found that topic. I can understand, that element change can kill a dragon *somehow*, but to be honest... doesn't "breed change" shouldn't also do it? I mean... imagine, that you're a child in the mother's belly, you're growing well and suddenly someone is trying to turn you from human to ape. It just won't work. Then why you can do this?
Anyway, that's not what I wanted to write about, it was just a sample.
To the point. If changing elements is a problem because would kill a dragon, then please, can you at least add apparel similar to "color eye lenses"? Original eye color would be there, but you could put eye lenses on dragon and can take it away anytime you want. It won't hurt a dragon, yes? It won't change element yes? It would be just a small apparel like things way more crazy on that site, yes? It will satisfy those who want the perfect dragons..? I guess? If you want it could cost one million, two millions, I don't care. I'm just asking for possibilities.
Then? What do you think about it? *if anyone will see that post after 3 years*.

As a side note...you can’t change a dragon’s breed or genes while it is nesting. A breed change is simply a magical physical transformation, and really has no lore on it whatsoever; players are left to make of it what they will. Element/eye color does have lore that explicitly states why an element can’t be changed - whether with magic or other means. They are two completely different things.
There are only two significant factors that can’t be changed on a dragon after it has been created: element and sex. If you are willing to spend a bit of money, you can turn almost any dragon in to pretty much anything you want with gene scrolls, breed scroll, and tri-color scatterscrolls. I simply don’t see the need for an element change, especially as you can guarantee what element the hatchlings will have by where you breed them (breeding being the main mechanic of the game).
Unless it was completely obvious they're contacts (see- marva's eyes), I can't support contacts.

That would completely defeat why we have flights in the first place.
Unless it was completely obvious they're contacts (see- marva's eyes), I can't support contacts.

[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-08-28 21:53:44" ] Unless it was completely obvious they're contacts (see- marva's eyes), I can't support contacts. That would completely defeat why we have flights in the first place. [/quote] I would actually love more eyes like marvas, maybe not so 'funny' but big, and obviously contacts :D
Corviknight wrote on 2020-08-28 21:53:44:

I would actually love more eyes like marvas, maybe not so 'funny' but big, and obviously contacts :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Trix I saw something like this, but for me it's not that easy. I want to be in shadow, because I feel the best with that. I have a lot of dragons which I consider beautiful and which I will not get rid of, even when their kids turn out even prettier. Because I like that dragons. Unfortunately, some of them already have eyes that do not match them, because for example - I bought a dragon perfect for me so I named him 'Harry Potter". But Harry has intense green eyes, and my dragons have yellow. I searched for more, but only that one made me feel that's almost perfect. So I want to keep that dragon, because I love him.
And to be honest, I don't get that breeding projects. I literally breed full black dragon with black with yellow wings, and hatchlings were GREEN!
I have a lot of dragons, which are perfect for me but their eyes are not fitting. And if I would do what you suggested, to have dragons with perfect eyes, I would have to change nest element every breeding. Because I need specific dragon with blue eyes, with brown, yellow, pink etc. And I want it only for that specific one fandragon, others about I don't care because are created by me should have violet eyes. Changing nest element is to expensive, also buying new nest slots to "experiment with breeding" are too expensive now. Im on level where 5 slots cost above one milion. I don't have all days to play here and farm. In that case, I could get "perfect-perfect" after few years, and I don't even know if I will live enought to see it.

@DethJackal Sorry, but in that post and all later conversation with Jemedar I never said that I want element change. I just said that I would love color eye lenses. You don't need to tell me that I can't change element, because I know that, and I never said that I want it. No. I just want to have things, which can change color visually, but not doing anything with dragon. Just like rings, piercing, skins, accents etc.

But as I said to Jemadar, I'm leaving this here. Maybe someone will find better solution for this, or something. I won't convince anyone anymore.
@Trix I saw something like this, but for me it's not that easy. I want to be in shadow, because I feel the best with that. I have a lot of dragons which I consider beautiful and which I will not get rid of, even when their kids turn out even prettier. Because I like that dragons. Unfortunately, some of them already have eyes that do not match them, because for example - I bought a dragon perfect for me so I named him 'Harry Potter". But Harry has intense green eyes, and my dragons have yellow. I searched for more, but only that one made me feel that's almost perfect. So I want to keep that dragon, because I love him.
And to be honest, I don't get that breeding projects. I literally breed full black dragon with black with yellow wings, and hatchlings were GREEN!
I have a lot of dragons, which are perfect for me but their eyes are not fitting. And if I would do what you suggested, to have dragons with perfect eyes, I would have to change nest element every breeding. Because I need specific dragon with blue eyes, with brown, yellow, pink etc. And I want it only for that specific one fandragon, others about I don't care because are created by me should have violet eyes. Changing nest element is to expensive, also buying new nest slots to "experiment with breeding" are too expensive now. Im on level where 5 slots cost above one milion. I don't have all days to play here and farm. In that case, I could get "perfect-perfect" after few years, and I don't even know if I will live enought to see it.

@DethJackal Sorry, but in that post and all later conversation with Jemedar I never said that I want element change. I just said that I would love color eye lenses. You don't need to tell me that I can't change element, because I know that, and I never said that I want it. No. I just want to have things, which can change color visually, but not doing anything with dragon. Just like rings, piercing, skins, accents etc.

But as I said to Jemadar, I'm leaving this here. Maybe someone will find better solution for this, or something. I won't convince anyone anymore.
@ChuuChuu, I think that part of your frustration is coming from a misunderstanding of certain parts of the breeding mechanic so I'm going to try to offer you some solutions that should help: 1. Breeding for colours: From what you've said, it sounds like you're still figuring out how colours work when breeding. Flight Rising's colours work on a colourwheel: [center][img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/7/78/Rauxel%27s_color_wheel.jpg[/img][/center] You can ignore the smaller wheel on the inside, that was it pre-expansion. When you breed two dragons, the colours of their hatchlings are chosen based on the [b]shortest path[/b] between their two colours on the colour wheel. For example: I breed an Obsidian/Obsidian/Obsidian (XXX Obsidian) with an Obsidian/Obsidian/Flint. The primary colours of these dragons are the same, thus it's guaranteed for the primary colour of their hatchlings to be obsidian. The same with the secondary. However, the tertiary colours of the hatchlings can be: Obsidian, Black, Oilslick, Coal, Charcoal or Flint, as these are all the colours that fall on the shortest path between Obsidian and Flint. So if I bred a black dragon with a green dragon, I'd also get purple and blue dragons from the nest. 2. Nesting in different elements: To get the right eyes for your project, sometimes you need to breed dragons in an elemental nest that isn't your own. Rather than change your own flight to do this, you can rent another player's nest and they can breed the pair for you. Some players will even do it for free! The only downside of this is that Flight Rising doesn't see this as a supported transaction, so if the player refuses to give back your dragons there's nothing you can do about it. However, using a trusted nest network/experienced player should avoid this issue! For example, I have this dragon: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61267884][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/612679/61267884_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Who I bred for by renting a fire nest, using two parents who had colours very close to what I wanted hers to be. 3. Using your hibden: If you're running out of space and new lair slots are getting expensive, I highly recommend using your hibernal den for any dragons you aren't actively breeding/using in the coliseum! Lair slots there are cheaper, don't increase in price, and a good number can be unlocked through item tasks instead of currency! 4. Time commitment: Once you understand breeding mechanics on FR, it's actually one of the most passive, least time-consuming activities to do! At the end of the day, the real reason a lot of players don't want the change you're suggesting is because it would simply make it too easy to get the perfect dragon, particularly if it's as simple as just slapping some apparel on the dragon. Having to rent nests encourages players to interact with each other (I've made friends through it!) and helps to build a community based on trust. Having a project that needs the correct eyes can give you more things to do on the site, and it makes the finished dragon much more satisfying if it wasn't as simple as yet another currency-bought item you could slap on them. Challenge makes the game fun, and I personally don't want to lose any of that. If at the end of the day you find breeding projects too much, but want to breed for a truly perfect dragon, I can recommend checking out [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/1973576]This group[/url]!
@ChuuChuu,

I think that part of your frustration is coming from a misunderstanding of certain parts of the breeding mechanic so I'm going to try to offer you some solutions that should help:

1. Breeding for colours:
From what you've said, it sounds like you're still figuring out how colours work when breeding. Flight Rising's colours work on a colourwheel:
Rauxel%27s_color_wheel.jpg

You can ignore the smaller wheel on the inside, that was it pre-expansion.

When you breed two dragons, the colours of their hatchlings are chosen based on the shortest path between their two colours on the colour wheel.

For example: I breed an Obsidian/Obsidian/Obsidian (XXX Obsidian) with an Obsidian/Obsidian/Flint. The primary colours of these dragons are the same, thus it's guaranteed for the primary colour of their hatchlings to be obsidian. The same with the secondary. However, the tertiary colours of the hatchlings can be: Obsidian, Black, Oilslick, Coal, Charcoal or Flint, as these are all the colours that fall on the shortest path between Obsidian and Flint. So if I bred a black dragon with a green dragon, I'd also get purple and blue dragons from the nest.

2. Nesting in different elements:

To get the right eyes for your project, sometimes you need to breed dragons in an elemental nest that isn't your own. Rather than change your own flight to do this, you can rent another player's nest and they can breed the pair for you. Some players will even do it for free! The only downside of this is that Flight Rising doesn't see this as a supported transaction, so if the player refuses to give back your dragons there's nothing you can do about it. However, using a trusted nest network/experienced player should avoid this issue!

For example, I have this dragon:
61267884_350.png

Who I bred for by renting a fire nest, using two parents who had colours very close to what I wanted hers to be.

3. Using your hibden:

If you're running out of space and new lair slots are getting expensive, I highly recommend using your hibernal den for any dragons you aren't actively breeding/using in the coliseum! Lair slots there are cheaper, don't increase in price, and a good number can be unlocked through item tasks instead of currency!

4. Time commitment:

Once you understand breeding mechanics on FR, it's actually one of the most passive, least time-consuming activities to do!

At the end of the day, the real reason a lot of players don't want the change you're suggesting is because it would simply make it too easy to get the perfect dragon, particularly if it's as simple as just slapping some apparel on the dragon. Having to rent nests encourages players to interact with each other (I've made friends through it!) and helps to build a community based on trust. Having a project that needs the correct eyes can give you more things to do on the site, and it makes the finished dragon much more satisfying if it wasn't as simple as yet another currency-bought item you could slap on them. Challenge makes the game fun, and I personally don't want to lose any of that.

If at the end of the day you find breeding projects too much, but want to breed for a truly perfect dragon, I can recommend checking out This group!
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
@Allstohel it sounded like I was frustrated? Oh no, it shouldn't be that, I'm sorry. I didn't want it to sound like that. Maybe its because english isn't my first language and I have huge problem when I want put into words a lot of things what I want to explain. Sorry again.
Oh... okay, I now get that. You were right that I didn't understand how color works here. I was just shocked when black-and-green dragon came out from black and black-and-yellow. That explains everything, I had to save that wheel somewhere. Thank you.
2. I get that, I had it in my mind, but oh yeah ... there are dragons in the nest that I love and if I lost one of them while trying to breed the "perfect dragon" I would probably quit the game forever. I may be stupid, but I've become attached to some dragons and I'm just sad they don't have the eyes I want. But that doesn't mean I want to get rid of them if I find "more perfect". Never.
3. Well... that's too complicated for me. I tried to use it, but it won't work well, because I never know which dragons I will choose to breeding, because I like all of them. I wanted to use them all equally. But thats my issue :)

Well, thank you for tips and answer, I appreciate this.
@Allstohel it sounded like I was frustrated? Oh no, it shouldn't be that, I'm sorry. I didn't want it to sound like that. Maybe its because english isn't my first language and I have huge problem when I want put into words a lot of things what I want to explain. Sorry again.
Oh... okay, I now get that. You were right that I didn't understand how color works here. I was just shocked when black-and-green dragon came out from black and black-and-yellow. That explains everything, I had to save that wheel somewhere. Thank you.
2. I get that, I had it in my mind, but oh yeah ... there are dragons in the nest that I love and if I lost one of them while trying to breed the "perfect dragon" I would probably quit the game forever. I may be stupid, but I've become attached to some dragons and I'm just sad they don't have the eyes I want. But that doesn't mean I want to get rid of them if I find "more perfect". Never.
3. Well... that's too complicated for me. I tried to use it, but it won't work well, because I never know which dragons I will choose to breeding, because I like all of them. I wanted to use them all equally. But thats my issue :)

Well, thank you for tips and answer, I appreciate this.
@ChuuChuu,

In all honesty it may have just been me who thought you sounded frustrated - I'm autistic, so reading tone isn't exactly something I'm good at XD

I'm really glad my explanation of the colour wheel helped. In the scrying workshop the colours are always listed in the order on the colour wheel too, which can be very useful in a pinch! You can also find the colour wheel on the Flight Rising Wiki.

I know what you mean too about getting attached to dragons. I have a few very precious dragons in my collection, and if I lost them I would likely stop playing for a good while. The same thing about never wanting to replace them - E.g. I have a g1 permabab with clashing eyes, but I'll never get rid of him even for an exact copy with better eyes because I really love him.

Also fair enough on the hib den. It's not for everyone and that's a perfectly fine thing! Hopefully you might be able to find a good use for it one day (such as if you ever fall into the pit that is permabab collecting like I have, or maybe G1 collecting)

I'm just relieved that my tone didn't come across too badly, as I always worry I might come off rude! If you ever need help with a breeding project in the future, do feel free to contact me!
@ChuuChuu,

In all honesty it may have just been me who thought you sounded frustrated - I'm autistic, so reading tone isn't exactly something I'm good at XD

I'm really glad my explanation of the colour wheel helped. In the scrying workshop the colours are always listed in the order on the colour wheel too, which can be very useful in a pinch! You can also find the colour wheel on the Flight Rising Wiki.

I know what you mean too about getting attached to dragons. I have a few very precious dragons in my collection, and if I lost them I would likely stop playing for a good while. The same thing about never wanting to replace them - E.g. I have a g1 permabab with clashing eyes, but I'll never get rid of him even for an exact copy with better eyes because I really love him.

Also fair enough on the hib den. It's not for everyone and that's a perfectly fine thing! Hopefully you might be able to find a good use for it one day (such as if you ever fall into the pit that is permabab collecting like I have, or maybe G1 collecting)

I'm just relieved that my tone didn't come across too badly, as I always worry I might come off rude! If you ever need help with a breeding project in the future, do feel free to contact me!
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
@Allstohel
I'm glad that someone can understand me a little. I'm relieved too :)
That's very kind of you, you were perfectly fine and you wrote a lot of explanations that I was able to understand. So thank you for your help, kind conversation and offer :)
@Allstohel
I'm glad that someone can understand me a little. I'm relieved too :)
That's very kind of you, you were perfectly fine and you wrote a lot of explanations that I was able to understand. So thank you for your help, kind conversation and offer :)
1 2 3 4