Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] CYOA - Operation Internship!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 36 37
[columns][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55392828][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/553929/55392828_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][i]Phew[/i]. Virus leapt a little at hearing Dr. Enigma's voice. He was certain the bogsneak was going to scold him for his stupidity, but wound up being pleasantly surprised by his calm demeanour. This time, the eternally youthful mirror kept his claws to himself. He listened carefully to the bogsneak's words, before receiving the parchment. When the doctor took his leave, Virus examined the flashing blue button. "Nope nope nope." He wasn't taking any chances this time - following the recipe was the only thing he intended to do.
55392828_350.png Phew.

Virus leapt a little at hearing Dr. Enigma's voice. He was certain the bogsneak was going to scold him for his stupidity, but wound up being pleasantly surprised by his calm demeanour.

This time, the eternally youthful mirror kept his claws to himself. He listened carefully to the bogsneak's words, before receiving the parchment. When the doctor took his leave, Virus examined the flashing blue button.

"Nope nope nope." He wasn't taking any chances this time - following the recipe was the only thing he intended to do.
Gr7tY6Q.gif
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59644942][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/596450/59644942_350.png[/img][/url] Ruby jumped a bit when she heard Max whistle. She tried to explain her reasoning, but the Nocturn was already moving on to the next thing, and Ruby decided it wasn't worth the effort. She gratefully accepted the goggles, not even caring how they looked since the lightning was so bright. Upon being told she was the one in charge of folding the parachute, she blinked in confusion. And then again when Max called her "Crankshaft." Shaking her head, she turned to the group. "Ummm... I suggest we [b]fold it neatly,[/b]" she decided. "That way there's less risk of the strings tangling together and keeping it shut."
59644942_350.png

Ruby jumped a bit when she heard Max whistle. She tried to explain her reasoning, but the Nocturn was already moving on to the next thing, and Ruby decided it wasn't worth the effort. She gratefully accepted the goggles, not even caring how they looked since the lightning was so bright. Upon being told she was the one in charge of folding the parachute, she blinked in confusion. And then again when Max called her "Crankshaft."

Shaking her head, she turned to the group. "Ummm... I suggest we fold it neatly," she decided. "That way there's less risk of the strings tangling together and keeping it shut."
S1RYPFw.png
----- [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/446799/44679846.png[/img] ------- [b]Day 5[b] I work best in a team, too. Ceciellia listens as Nia explains what the work consists of. [i]"It doesn't sound that complicated?"[/i] [color=#FFB43B]"Would you like to stamp and move the packages or would you like use the manifesto to match the location to the serial numbers?"[/color] Ceciellia glances at the packages. [i]"I don't want to be the one to mess the numbers up..[/i] [color=#653F9C]"How about I [b]sort[/b] them once you've assigned their appropriate area's? I'm sure that would be the most efficient."[/color] Nia gives the massive pile a despairing look. [color=#FFB43B]"Seeing how bad things are now, I've almost considered using the Emergency Kit, but the last time I did that I was down for a week."[/color] At the mention of the Emergency Kit she looks where Nia was looking and gives the yellow box a curious glance. [i]"What could take [/i]her[i] down for a week? Doesn't she have energy for ten dragons? I'm curious what it is now...."[/i] She gives it another glance before moving over to the packages. [i]"Better focus on the sorting for now."[/i]

44679846.png

Day 5 I work best in a team, too.

Ceciellia listens as Nia explains what the work consists of. "It doesn't sound that complicated?"

"Would you like to stamp and move the packages or would you like use the manifesto to match the location to the serial numbers?" Ceciellia glances at the packages. "I don't want to be the one to mess the numbers up.. "How about I sort them once you've assigned their appropriate area's? I'm sure that would be the most efficient."

Nia gives the massive pile a despairing look. "Seeing how bad things are now, I've almost considered using the Emergency Kit, but the last time I did that I was down for a week."

At the mention of the Emergency Kit she looks where Nia was looking and gives the yellow box a curious glance. "What could take her down for a week? Doesn't she have energy for ten dragons? I'm curious what it is now...." She gives it another glance before moving over to the packages. "Better focus on the sorting for now."
tumblr_n7s8adjjdc1sl6hkto1_500.png
*runs in late* [quote=Sign Up Form][b]Username:[/b] Stanzascale. [b]User ID:[/b] 81. [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Suna and Bryn. [b]Dragon Picture:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/278400][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/2785/278400_350.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/429353][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/4294/429353_350.png[/img][/url][/quote] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/278400][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/2785/278400p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/429353][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/4294/429353p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/e58e2ece913e9b9dfc882a7c4ed92290/tumblr_inline_o25g26iyqp1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] The pair took a while to get comfortable in their seats. "If they're designed for squeakiness, then we should make them squeak!" Suna reasoned. Bryn smiled, taking a little longer than strictly necessary to get comfortable. The pair gritted their teeth at the feedback, but weren't as badly off as the Spirals in the audience. "What was that?" There was a lot of extra disclaimer-y talk around what was going on that Suna missed the important part. "I think we're supposed to choose between paperwork and...something about experimentation." Bryn filled her in. "Let's go see an experiment!" "Right." As the pair joined the pertinent queue, Suna craned her head at what the dragons ahead were up to. "Hats! Excellent." Bryn wondered how many dragons signed up who didn't obey gravity, on hearing some of the questions for interns. Suna briefly looked concerned at the fight, flight or freeze question, but was soon distracted by the task of designing a distinct hard-hat. Of the twins, Suna put the most pieces of textile onto her hat, but, as in their dress, tried to have something in common. In the case of the day's hats, each attempted to wrap a single piece of fabric around where a tiara would sit on a head, and added little claw-marks here and there. Bryn attempted to stick his lanyard on his helmet to finish off, when Suna followed suit, hers fell off, so she pocketed it instead. On overhearing that the dragons in the facility most definitely needed all the help they could get, the twins jiggled their tail-baubles excitedly. Bryn wasn't entirely sure whether two Mirrors were right for an [i]extremely heavy[/i] carrying job, though it was a simple one. "I've never mixed chemicals before." Suna quietly exclaimed. The few dragons of the clan inclined to such activities in the lair did so at such small-scale that they usually dismissed any offers of asssistance. "Me neither." Bryn agreed. As they followed the scientist, both Mirrors were silently grateful that their lair didn't require long numbers to get around. "Three hours? How...recent." Bryn murmured. "They have familiars back there?" Suna wondered on overhearing what the scientist was having to deal with. "Let's wait till we're home and ask Bass if he needs help." Bryn had started looking for somewhere less busy. There were plenty of warning signs to avoid, but a shiny lever quickly caught Suna's eye. "Hey! That says pull!" The Mirror immediately approached. "Hang on! Hang on!" Bryn ran to reach it first and straightened out the label for a better look, revealing it in fact said DO NOT PULL. "See?" "Ah...oops?" Suna looked a little embarrassed. The scientist returned, seemingly unaware of the dilemma, and showed them around the equipment, before leaving once again. Suna kept glancing at the lever as she worked...until she stopped to stand next to it. "Hey, Bryn? This says acceleration elixir." "Suna..." The two began to argue. "They need a lot of stuff done quick, so this will help!" "Helping generally means doing things you're asked. If they didn't ask us to pull the lever, there's a reason." "Like forgetfulness!" Bryn looked around for an empty beaker and covered the lever with it. "Aw..." In the end, everything went smoothly and they managed to help make the last of the fuel mixture that was needed. Following the tubing seemed a fun exercise. Suna stuck out her tongue behind the scientist's back on the joke about drinking toxic chemicals. Mirrors weren't stupid. As they started finding holes in the tubes, it was time to raid the cupboards. "Ooh, duct tape!" Suna nudged a couple of colouful rolls "All this glue looks good and serious." Bryn remarked. "But duct tape's good for everything and the sparks know it!" She looked at her brother. "I'm sure this time. Trust me?" Instead of replying, Bryn moved away from the glue, and handed his sister a roll of duct tape. "Yes! Let's get this done!" The Mirror began eagerly taping over each tiny water-jet she found, making colourful little crosses down the tubes.
*runs in late*
Username: Stanzascale.
User ID: 81.
Dragon Name: Suna and Bryn.
Dragon Picture:
278400_350.png429353_350.png
278400p.png429353p.png
tumblr_inline_o25g26iyqp1r3lvtf_500.png

The pair took a while to get comfortable in their seats.
"If they're designed for squeakiness, then we should make them squeak!" Suna reasoned. Bryn smiled, taking a little longer than strictly necessary to get comfortable.
The pair gritted their teeth at the feedback, but weren't as badly off as the Spirals in the audience.

"What was that?" There was a lot of extra disclaimer-y talk around what was going on that Suna missed the important part.
"I think we're supposed to choose between paperwork and...something about experimentation." Bryn filled her in.
"Let's go see an experiment!"
"Right."

As the pair joined the pertinent queue, Suna craned her head at what the dragons ahead were up to.
"Hats! Excellent."

Bryn wondered how many dragons signed up who didn't obey gravity, on hearing some of the questions for interns.
Suna briefly looked concerned at the fight, flight or freeze question, but was soon distracted by the task of designing a distinct hard-hat.
Of the twins, Suna put the most pieces of textile onto her hat, but, as in their dress, tried to have something in common. In the case of the day's hats, each attempted to wrap a single piece of fabric around where a tiara would sit on a head, and added little claw-marks here and there. Bryn attempted to stick his lanyard on his helmet to finish off, when Suna followed suit, hers fell off, so she pocketed it instead.

On overhearing that the dragons in the facility most definitely needed all the help they could get, the twins jiggled their tail-baubles excitedly.

Bryn wasn't entirely sure whether two Mirrors were right for an extremely heavy carrying job, though it was a simple one.
"I've never mixed chemicals before." Suna quietly exclaimed. The few dragons of the clan inclined to such activities in the lair did so at such small-scale that they usually dismissed any offers of asssistance.
"Me neither." Bryn agreed.

As they followed the scientist, both Mirrors were silently grateful that their lair didn't require long numbers to get around.
"Three hours? How...recent." Bryn murmured.

"They have familiars back there?" Suna wondered on overhearing what the scientist was having to deal with.
"Let's wait till we're home and ask Bass if he needs help." Bryn had started looking for somewhere less busy.

There were plenty of warning signs to avoid, but a shiny lever quickly caught Suna's eye.
"Hey! That says pull!" The Mirror immediately approached.
"Hang on! Hang on!" Bryn ran to reach it first and straightened out the label for a better look, revealing it in fact said DO NOT PULL. "See?"
"Ah...oops?" Suna looked a little embarrassed.

The scientist returned, seemingly unaware of the dilemma, and showed them around the equipment, before leaving once again.

Suna kept glancing at the lever as she worked...until she stopped to stand next to it.
"Hey, Bryn? This says acceleration elixir."
"Suna..."
The two began to argue.
"They need a lot of stuff done quick, so this will help!"
"Helping generally means doing things you're asked. If they didn't ask us to pull the lever, there's a reason."
"Like forgetfulness!"
Bryn looked around for an empty beaker and covered the lever with it.
"Aw..."

In the end, everything went smoothly and they managed to help make the last of the fuel mixture that was needed.

Following the tubing seemed a fun exercise. Suna stuck out her tongue behind the scientist's back on the joke about drinking toxic chemicals. Mirrors weren't stupid.

As they started finding holes in the tubes, it was time to raid the cupboards.
"Ooh, duct tape!" Suna nudged a couple of colouful rolls
"All this glue looks good and serious." Bryn remarked.
"But duct tape's good for everything and the sparks know it!" She looked at her brother. "I'm sure this time. Trust me?"
Instead of replying, Bryn moved away from the glue, and handed his sister a roll of duct tape.
"Yes! Let's get this done!" The Mirror began eagerly taping over each tiny water-jet she found, making colourful little crosses down the tubes.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2940027][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/29401/2940027_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Paperwork Processing Bureau Day Five - Learn about the archival process:[/b] They sneak past the door, and Parinux wonders, does this company not have guards? An unpredictable robot with sword is certainly dangerous, but this is mapped terrain. With such narrow hallways, it should be fairly easy to cut off the robot's movement and neutralize it. It's not his job though. He shudders to think about what might happen if they built robot guards. If a cleaning robot goes [i]that[/i] haywire... His train of thought pauses. They're standing in front of a large machine, the size of a growler iceberg. Parinux is, less than enamored with it, but Dalfryn is enthralled. Tuning their excitement out, Parinux notices Charhynn skulking around-- no, not skulking. She's just walking by them. Parinux is alarmed to note he's already started to categorize her as an enemy. They've interacted for less than 30 seconds! With some effort, Parinux [b]ignores Charhynn and begins barcoding files [/b].
2940027_350.png

Paperwork Processing Bureau
Day Five - Learn about the archival process:

They sneak past the door, and Parinux wonders, does this company not have guards? An unpredictable robot with sword is certainly dangerous, but this is mapped terrain. With such narrow hallways, it should be fairly easy to cut off the robot's movement and neutralize it. It's not his job though.

He shudders to think about what might happen if they built robot guards. If a cleaning robot goes that haywire... His train of thought pauses. They're standing in front of a large machine, the size of a growler iceberg. Parinux is, less than enamored with it, but Dalfryn is enthralled.

Tuning their excitement out, Parinux notices Charhynn skulking around-- no, not skulking. She's just walking by them. Parinux is alarmed to note he's already started to categorize her as an enemy. They've interacted for less than 30 seconds!

With some effort, Parinux ignores Charhynn and begins barcoding files
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62652628][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/626527/62652628_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Day 5 - Tell Someone What Happened Epcot is still stuck in the Schrodinger's Theory of [i]Are We All About to Get Blown Up Or Are We All Fine[/i], even though the test is, in fact, already finished and they are, in fact, all fine, so really he shouldn't be having any problem any more. Except the tool is still down there. Tools. It spawned. They're multiplying. They'll start a happy tool family in the bowels of the machinery and he reeeaaaalllly needs to focus now, focus, right now. On the tools. In the machine. Where they will be a problem, because this kind of expert design does not have empty space unless the space is meant to be empty for probably a critical reason which means oh that's why he's still stuck on it, they [i]are[/i] still in Schrodinger's Theory because [i]next[/i] time they turn the machine on... There's nothing for it. Epcot looks around for someone (in charge, not busy, sympathetic, understanding...) to [b]confess[/b] to.
62652628_350.png

Day 5 - Tell Someone What Happened

Epcot is still stuck in the Schrodinger's Theory of Are We All About to Get Blown Up Or Are We All Fine, even though the test is, in fact, already finished and they are, in fact, all fine, so really he shouldn't be having any problem any more.

Except the tool is still down there. Tools. It spawned. They're multiplying. They'll start a happy tool family in the bowels of the machinery and he reeeaaaalllly needs to focus now, focus, right now.

On the tools. In the machine. Where they will be a problem, because this kind of expert design does not have empty space unless the space is meant to be empty for probably a critical reason which means oh that's why he's still stuck on it, they are still in Schrodinger's Theory because next time they turn the machine on...

There's nothing for it. Epcot looks around for someone (in charge, not busy, sympathetic, understanding...) to confess to.
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[center][b]Day 5[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28961446][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/289615/28961446_350.png[/img][/url][/center] After the engineers left, Ara continued to stare at the engine, as if it would break down any moment under her gaze. When nothing happened, she let out a sigh of relief. Thankfully dropping two tools into the engine hadn't done any harm. Or at least, any [i]visible[/i] harm. Something could have been damaged deeper inside the engine, and if it were put under more stress than a few robot arms moving the pistons... Despite her concerns, Ara decided to [b]keep it quiet[/b] for now. With the other dragons gone, she still had a chance to retrieve the tools and check for damages before they got back. If she got them out with no issue, then no harm, no foul. If not... Well, it wasn't like anyone else would know it was [i]her[/i] that did it. No sense in blabbing and making herself look bad. With that settled, Ara flew back over to the engine, peering inside to try and find the fallen tools.
Day 5
28961446_350.png
After the engineers left, Ara continued to stare at the engine, as if it would break down any moment under her gaze. When nothing happened, she let out a sigh of relief. Thankfully dropping two tools into the engine hadn't done any harm. Or at least, any visible harm. Something could have been damaged deeper inside the engine, and if it were put under more stress than a few robot arms moving the pistons...

Despite her concerns, Ara decided to keep it quiet for now. With the other dragons gone, she still had a chance to retrieve the tools and check for damages before they got back. If she got them out with no issue, then no harm, no foul. If not... Well, it wasn't like anyone else would know it was her that did it. No sense in blabbing and making herself look bad.

With that settled, Ara flew back over to the engine, peering inside to try and find the fallen tools.
Na5WGHa.png
[b]Username:[/b] nuttysaladtree [b]User ID:[/b] 260252 [b]Intern:[/b] Tux [b]Intern file photo:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62850556][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628506/62850556_350.png[/img][/url] [center][emoji=lightning rune][font=courier new][color=teal][b]-1-[/b][emoji=lightning rune][/center] edo. the Tuxedo Floracat blinks at Tux. "Miu?" "Yeah, we're late," Tux deadpans, "Guess it's standing room only." Careful not to block any exits or anyone's line of vision (Tux prefers not to be trampled, thank you very much), she cranes her neck before giving up and hoisting edo. onto her shoulders. "Mrow?!" "Shhh!" Tux and someone else chorus. Tux adjusts her grip. "Don't feel like flying. I'll listen down here. Tell me if anything exciting happens." edo. licks a giant stripe up Tux's scalp in revenge. Orientation proves entertaining; Tux hopes marketing, event coordinating, and speechwriting get a raise or some appreciation at least. When the speaker finishes, edo. leaps back down, and they follow the crowd out to the foyer. "No one's going to pick paperwork over that exciting-sounding department," Tux says, "I don't want to brave those kinds of lines. Paperwork it is." [center][emoji=lightning rune][font=courier new][color=teal][b]-2-[/b][emoji=lightning rune][/center] Tux sees the line and despairs. edo. headbutts her from behind. "Okay, okay!" Tux giggles. "I'm going! You silly cat." edo. bats the space she has just vacated. [i]Get a move on, you silly dragon.[/i] [center][emoji=shockswitch blue][/center] "This is hazing." Tux digs through the bin of [b]HARD-HATS[/b]. "And this." She holds up a puce-colored hat with Polar Woolies and Wooly Bears velcro'd on willy-nilly. "A crime against dragonkind. And a waste of perfectly good food." Eventually, Tux picks the one with clashing colors and Unicorn Dust and Cerdae Sparkle that seem to get everywhere. "I'll put it on your head," Tux tells edo., "and you perch on mine, and we should stay protected while grabbing attention that way." edo. freezes in the middle of grooming to narrow their eyes at Tux. [i]Don't you dare.[/i] [center][emoji=shockswitch blue][/center] edo. leaps on the couch as Tux makes her way to the coffee bar. She groans and chuckles at the poster. [i]And people dread Electrum's dad jokes.[/i] Speaking of which... "Hey. edo." She points at the poster. "We have to be on our best behavior. They're not [i]kitten[/i] around here." edo. turns away to face the wall. [center][emoji=shockswitch blue][/center] When they hear the commotion, both bolt toward the noise. [center][emoji=lightning rune][font=courier new][color=teal][b]-3-[/b][emoji=lightning rune][/center] Tux has a hard time containing her excitement. Pneumatic tubes! Atropina tried to temper a young Tux's wonder by pointing out how often packages got stuck. Guess that didn't take. Plus, everyone in the clan has always said, [i]The couriers are the best of us. The rest of Sornieth could descend into chaos, and communication and supply lines would remain open only because of their compassion and dedication and good health. They deliver to Beastclan regardless of their stance on dragonkind, to dragons regardless of their social or economic class. It doesn't matter what Flight you are and which one is dominating; it doesn't matter what the weather is or the flying conditions are. They deliver. There is no dragonkind without the couriers.[/i] edo. blinks, calm, at Tux. [i]That settles it,[/i] Tux thinks, [i]We're in agreement, then. This would blow anything else out of the water.[/i] [center][emoji=lightning rune][font=courier new][color=teal][b]-4-[/b][emoji=lightning rune][/center] Tux feels bad for Nia and a bit angry for her, too. [i]She's had to handle this all by herself? And the powers that be don't give her intern requests the time of day? How many departments' projects are being held up because whoever's running this can't even allocate resources properly?[/i] A plan forms in Tux's head. She (and edo.) are interns, here to learn. Once they figure out what's up, what's down, what's swiggity-swonk,[sup][color=#2B768F][1][/sup] they'll help Nia receive more support (and funding) from admin. Until then, they're going to need lots of hands-on instruction. Once Tux and edo. get the flow, then they can work independently from Nia if they want to. One step at a time. One: doffing the hat. Good riddance! Two: making a sensible and awesome supervisor proud. Seriously, it is looking up and up from here. How can it possibly go wrong? [center][emoji=shockswitch blue][/center] [LIST=1] [*] [color=#2B768F][b]^[/b][/color] Totally legitimate and absolutely not something goofy Electrum made up to entertain hatchlings or something Tux has co-opted for similar purposes. [/LIST] [center][emoji=lightning rune][font=courier new][color=teal][b]-5-[/b][emoji=lightning rune][/center] Tux internally debates the merits of the team names Going Postal or Going Pawstal when she misses Nia's explanation of the manifest-serial number system. But stamping the location and dunking it in the matching bin seem simple enough, so that'll be fine, right? "Mrrow!" A green bushy tail smacks against Tux's wing. edo. turns toward the yellow package. [i]Oh, no.[/i] Tux thinks. If Nia goes down for a week, she and edo. might figure something out or worst case scenario, phone home for help. But she really wants to learn from Nia, and the thought of Nia stressing herself out fills Tux with sorrow. "Oh, no, edo.," Tux murmurs, "Maybe I should've asked how the manifest works and helped with that instead." She buries her face into edo.'s floof. "I hope everything works out. Maybe even helping her with the small tasks will keep her away from the Kit."
Username: nuttysaladtree
User ID: 260252
Intern: Tux
Intern file photo:
62850556_350.png
-1-

edo. the Tuxedo Floracat blinks at Tux. "Miu?"

"Yeah, we're late," Tux deadpans, "Guess it's standing room only." Careful not to block any exits or anyone's line of vision (Tux prefers not to be trampled, thank you very much), she cranes her neck before giving up and hoisting edo. onto her shoulders.

"Mrow?!"

"Shhh!" Tux and someone else chorus. Tux adjusts her grip. "Don't feel like flying. I'll listen down here. Tell me if anything exciting happens."

edo. licks a giant stripe up Tux's scalp in revenge.

Orientation proves entertaining; Tux hopes marketing, event coordinating, and speechwriting get a raise or some appreciation at least. When the speaker finishes, edo. leaps back down, and they follow the crowd out to the foyer.

"No one's going to pick paperwork over that exciting-sounding department," Tux says, "I don't want to brave those kinds of lines. Paperwork it is."
-2-
Tux sees the line and despairs. edo. headbutts her from behind. "Okay, okay!" Tux giggles. "I'm going! You silly cat." edo. bats the space she has just vacated. Get a move on, you silly dragon.
"This is hazing." Tux digs through the bin of HARD-HATS. "And this." She holds up a puce-colored hat with Polar Woolies and Wooly Bears velcro'd on willy-nilly. "A crime against dragonkind. And a waste of perfectly good food."

Eventually, Tux picks the one with clashing colors and Unicorn Dust and Cerdae Sparkle that seem to get everywhere. "I'll put it on your head," Tux tells edo., "and you perch on mine, and we should stay protected while grabbing attention that way."

edo. freezes in the middle of grooming to narrow their eyes at Tux. Don't you dare.
edo. leaps on the couch as Tux makes her way to the coffee bar. She groans and chuckles at the poster. And people dread Electrum's dad jokes. Speaking of which...

"Hey. edo." She points at the poster. "We have to be on our best behavior. They're not kitten around here."

edo. turns away to face the wall.
When they hear the commotion, both bolt toward the noise.
-3-
Tux has a hard time containing her excitement. Pneumatic tubes! Atropina tried to temper a young Tux's wonder by pointing out how often packages got stuck. Guess that didn't take.

Plus, everyone in the clan has always said, The couriers are the best of us. The rest of Sornieth could descend into chaos, and communication and supply lines would remain open only because of their compassion and dedication and good health. They deliver to Beastclan regardless of their stance on dragonkind, to dragons regardless of their social or economic class. It doesn't matter what Flight you are and which one is dominating; it doesn't matter what the weather is or the flying conditions are. They deliver. There is no dragonkind without the couriers.

edo. blinks, calm, at Tux. That settles it, Tux thinks, We're in agreement, then. This would blow anything else out of the water.
-4-
Tux feels bad for Nia and a bit angry for her, too. She's had to handle this all by herself? And the powers that be don't give her intern requests the time of day? How many departments' projects are being held up because whoever's running this can't even allocate resources properly?

A plan forms in Tux's head. She (and edo.) are interns, here to learn. Once they figure out what's up, what's down, what's swiggity-swonk,[1] they'll help Nia receive more support (and funding) from admin. Until then, they're going to need lots of hands-on instruction. Once Tux and edo. get the flow, then they can work independently from Nia if they want to.

One step at a time. One: doffing the hat. Good riddance!

Two: making a sensible and awesome supervisor proud.

Seriously, it is looking up and up from here. How can it possibly go wrong?
  1. ^ Totally legitimate and absolutely not something goofy Electrum made up to entertain hatchlings or something Tux has co-opted for similar purposes.
-5-
Tux internally debates the merits of the team names Going Postal or Going Pawstal when she misses Nia's explanation of the manifest-serial number system. But stamping the location and dunking it in the matching bin seem simple enough, so that'll be fine, right?

"Mrrow!" A green bushy tail smacks against Tux's wing. edo. turns toward the yellow package.

Oh, no. Tux thinks. If Nia goes down for a week, she and edo. might figure something out or worst case scenario, phone home for help. But she really wants to learn from Nia, and the thought of Nia stressing herself out fills Tux with sorrow.

"Oh, no, edo.," Tux murmurs, "Maybe I should've asked how the manifest works and helped with that instead." She buries her face into edo.'s floof. "I hope everything works out. Maybe even helping her with the small tasks will keep her away from the Kit."
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/5142552][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/51426/5142552.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2891519/13#post_44175437]previous day[/url] |[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2891519/24#post_44199590] next day[/url][nextcol][item=coppercoil creeper] [/columns] [b]Day 5[/b] So this is a huge space upgrade? Their office space still looked small to Sprocket, who couldn’t imagine doing her usual work across a single desk, but perhaps paperwork simply didn’t need as much space as tinkering. The fae hopped up on Cogger to be tall enough to hang up her hat and gave a sidelong look at the one covered in harpy masks. Where did they even get so many harpy masks? The beastfolk were hardly handing them out. She shook her head to clear it of the dark eye holes and gave her familiar a pointed tap on the head. “You’ll stay right here, okay?” she told him. “Sit”. The creeper clicked and whirred in a way that was agitated, but not disobedient. Good enough. She then flapped over to her desk, which wasn’t exactly fae sized, though the extra surface may prove useful, and listened carefully to Dalfryn’s description of the job. The acronym he used was amusing, but it didn't sound like anything else about her task would be exciting. A missing maintenance cart was little more than the sort of harmless gossip he’d been talking about earlier. Not to mention it gave her no clues whatsoever about what more experimental departments were working on. Oh well, she had already decided she wanted a quiet, trouble free visit when she chose this Department, hadn’t she? Sprocket could hardly complain about getting what she had wanted. The fae held Dalfryn’s stare through his warning. She had already assumed that they would be strict here about clearance, but she wasn’t sure if she should take it as a good or bad thing that he was making a point of it. On one hand, it was good to be working with someone competent in their field, but on other it would be a lot harder to sneak a look at more sensitive information if Dalfryn was on his guard. She certainly wouldn't be able to feign ignorance. The break room Dalfryn described sounded pleasant, but shouldn’t you actually work before you break? The more files she could get through today, the greater the likelihood she would stumble upon an incident of interest. Sprocket pulled one of the succulents closer for company and settled into the desk’s chair to [b]get started on the case files[/b] immediately. She didn’t drink coffee, anyway.
5142552.png previous day | next day Coppercoil Creeper
Day 5

So this is a huge space upgrade? Their office space still looked small to Sprocket, who couldn’t imagine doing her usual work across a single desk, but perhaps paperwork simply didn’t need as much space as tinkering. The fae hopped up on Cogger to be tall enough to hang up her hat and gave a sidelong look at the one covered in harpy masks. Where did they even get so many harpy masks? The beastfolk were hardly handing them out. She shook her head to clear it of the dark eye holes and gave her familiar a pointed tap on the head. “You’ll stay right here, okay?” she told him. “Sit”. The creeper clicked and whirred in a way that was agitated, but not disobedient. Good enough.

She then flapped over to her desk, which wasn’t exactly fae sized, though the extra surface may prove useful, and listened carefully to Dalfryn’s description of the job. The acronym he used was amusing, but it didn't sound like anything else about her task would be exciting. A missing maintenance cart was little more than the sort of harmless gossip he’d been talking about earlier. Not to mention it gave her no clues whatsoever about what more experimental departments were working on. Oh well, she had already decided she wanted a quiet, trouble free visit when she chose this Department, hadn’t she? Sprocket could hardly complain about getting what she had wanted.

The fae held Dalfryn’s stare through his warning. She had already assumed that they would be strict here about clearance, but she wasn’t sure if she should take it as a good or bad thing that he was making a point of it. On one hand, it was good to be working with someone competent in their field, but on other it would be a lot harder to sneak a look at more sensitive information if Dalfryn was on his guard. She certainly wouldn't be able to feign ignorance.

The break room Dalfryn described sounded pleasant, but shouldn’t you actually work before you break? The more files she could get through today, the greater the likelihood she would stumble upon an incident of interest. Sprocket pulled one of the succulents closer for company and settled into the desk’s chair to get started on the case files immediately. She didn’t drink coffee, anyway.

tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4409157][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/44092/4409157_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/w4kx59lz3vuczbx/lightningfull.png[/img] Eir looks at the machine working fine, shrugs, and [b]decides not to tell anybody.[/b] If they find the tools lodged down there, nobody would expect it was her... right? Oh well. She'd just have to see how things turn out.
4409157_350.png

lightningfull.png

Eir looks at the machine working fine, shrugs, and decides not to tell anybody. If they find the tools lodged down there, nobody would expect it was her... right? Oh well. She'd just have to see how things turn out.
JXVUomh.png ~ FR + 21
~ Wishlist
~ Avatar dragon
wvz5N8O.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 36 37