Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change antler description
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
No support. It's funny and I'd prefer not to have everything onsite reduced to the level of acceptability for the view of a 5 year old with stupidly strict helicopter parents.
No support. It's funny and I'd prefer not to have everything onsite reduced to the level of acceptability for the view of a 5 year old with stupidly strict helicopter parents.
Of course, it's a (fake) boob joke. I doubt that anybody here thinks it's not: it wouldn't be a joke without that part. [quote]No, but dismissing the concerns of women because YOU don't think it's a big deal is actually very much the point of why a lot of women are sick of society's crap.[/quote] This is inappropriate. YOU think it falls into "concerns of women," but it's not. Plenty of women aren't concerned. Stop speaking for all the women. I'm sick of [i]this[/i] crap, the implication that I am somehow against my entire sex just because I don't agree with [i]some[/i] of them. I'm a woman, and that is what I'm sick of. I'm not dismissing the "concerns of women." I'm dismissing [i]this[/i] concern. That apparently [i]some[/i] women share. The tooltip is fine the way it is.
Of course, it's a (fake) boob joke. I doubt that anybody here thinks it's not: it wouldn't be a joke without that part.

Quote:
No, but dismissing the concerns of women because YOU don't think it's a big deal is actually very much the point of why a lot of women are sick of society's crap.
This is inappropriate.

YOU think it falls into "concerns of women," but it's not. Plenty of women aren't concerned. Stop speaking for all the women. I'm sick of this crap, the implication that I am somehow against my entire sex just because I don't agree with some of them. I'm a woman, and that is what I'm sick of. I'm not dismissing the "concerns of women." I'm dismissing this concern. That apparently some women share.

The tooltip is fine the way it is.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I... what. It took 7 years for people to get offended over a tooltip that is a joke. What???

I'm a woman too. To speak on behalf of all of us with this "hurr durr activism" is kind of ridiculous. It's funny. It's a joke.

Now, if we're getting into "real" woke activism, people that support this should also be supporting removing jaguar, hex, hypnotic, and plague/shadow primal. Why? Because it's offensive, totally. 100%. Obviously.
I... what. It took 7 years for people to get offended over a tooltip that is a joke. What???

I'm a woman too. To speak on behalf of all of us with this "hurr durr activism" is kind of ridiculous. It's funny. It's a joke.

Now, if we're getting into "real" woke activism, people that support this should also be supporting removing jaguar, hex, hypnotic, and plague/shadow primal. Why? Because it's offensive, totally. 100%. Obviously.
act
imp inthusiast
he/him
please ping on reply
Wq7yxTc.gif
exchange
Nearku%2527s%2BDya.png
hatchbannersmall.png
Please leave the the silly, harmless joke alone, thank you.

I don't support things like this where it's changing things just for the sake of changing them.
Please leave the the silly, harmless joke alone, thank you.

I don't support things like this where it's changing things just for the sake of changing them.
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-07-19 15:28:17" ] Of course, it's a (fake) boob joke. I doubt that anybody here thinks it's not: it wouldn't be a joke without that part. [quote]No, but dismissing the concerns of women because YOU don't think it's a big deal is actually very much the point of why a lot of women are sick of society's crap.[/quote] This is inappropriate. YOU think it falls into "concerns of women," but it's not. Plenty of women aren't concerned. Stop speaking for all the women. I'm sick of [i]this[/i] crap, the implication that I am somehow against my entire sex just because I don't agree with [i]some[/i] of them. I'm a woman, and that is what I'm sick of. I'm not dismissing the "concerns of women." I'm dismissing [i]this[/i] concern. That apparently [i]some[/i] women share. The tooltip is fine the way it is. [/quote] This. ------ Also, you do realize that a rating of 13+ is allowed to include stupid things like this, right? That exactly what it is: a stupid little thing. Most people get sexual education around this age or, in the case of the school I went to, well before it (age 8 for me because it was becoming a real concern for many staff and parents due to upperclassmen). It's not exactly unheard of for any kind of PG13 site, movie, or whatever to use this sort of humor on both the parent's part and the child's part. Take Pirates of the Caribbean movies for example. Blood, violence, gore, and plenty of things like this. That is also rated PG13 and I would argue that it is worse than this minor joke. Using the "it's a 13+ site" excuse is just that: an excuse. It's also a poor one that has zero support as to why this tool tip should be removed. On another note, you are reading WAY too into this. As others have stated, it's not that deep. If you take it as deep, then you are - sorry - being way overly sensitive. Sure, the joke has a double meaning but who cares? It's not saying that having a fake "rack" is bad. Do you see that statement anywhere? I don't. And if you argue implication, then that is also invalid. There is no implication. The implication from the real-life phrase is from tone of voice. That is where implication of condescending matter comes from. Seriously, if we remove stupid things like this, FR won't exist in a year or so. It's 13+. Not 5+.
Almedha wrote on 2020-07-19 15:28:17:
Of course, it's a (fake) boob joke. I doubt that anybody here thinks it's not: it wouldn't be a joke without that part.

Quote:
No, but dismissing the concerns of women because YOU don't think it's a big deal is actually very much the point of why a lot of women are sick of society's crap.
This is inappropriate.

YOU think it falls into "concerns of women," but it's not. Plenty of women aren't concerned. Stop speaking for all the women. I'm sick of this crap, the implication that I am somehow against my entire sex just because I don't agree with some of them. I'm a woman, and that is what I'm sick of. I'm not dismissing the "concerns of women." I'm dismissing this concern. That apparently some women share.

This.

Also, you do realize that a rating of 13+ is allowed to include stupid things like this, right? That exactly what it is: a stupid little thing. Most people get sexual education around this age or, in the case of the school I went to, well before it (age 8 for me because it was becoming a real concern for many staff and parents due to upperclassmen). It's not exactly unheard of for any kind of PG13 site, movie, or whatever to use this sort of humor on both the parent's part and the child's part. Take Pirates of the Caribbean movies for example. Blood, violence, gore, and plenty of things like this. That is also rated PG13 and I would argue that it is worse than this minor joke. Using the "it's a 13+ site" excuse is just that: an excuse. It's also a poor one that has zero support as to why this tool tip should be removed.

On another note, you are reading WAY too into this. As others have stated, it's not that deep. If you take it as deep, then you are - sorry - being way overly sensitive. Sure, the joke has a double meaning but who cares? It's not saying that having a fake "rack" is bad. Do you see that statement anywhere? I don't. And if you argue implication, then that is also invalid. There is no implication. The implication from the real-life phrase is from tone of voice. That is where implication of condescending matter comes from.

Seriously, if we remove stupid things like this, FR won't exist in a year or so. It's 13+. Not 5+.
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-07-19 15:28:17" ] Of course, it's a (fake) boob joke. I doubt that anybody here thinks it's not: it wouldn't be a joke without that part. [quote]No, but dismissing the concerns of women because YOU don't think it's a big deal is actually very much the point of why a lot of women are sick of society's crap.[/quote] This is inappropriate. YOU think it falls into "concerns of women," but it's not. Plenty of women aren't concerned. Stop speaking for all the women. I'm sick of [i]this[/i] crap, the implication that I am somehow against my entire sex just because I don't agree with [i]some[/i] of them. I'm a woman, and that is what I'm sick of. I'm not dismissing the "concerns of women." I'm dismissing [i]this[/i] concern. That apparently [i]some[/i] women share. The tooltip is fine the way it is. [/quote] Thank you. I couldn't put it any better. I AM sick of others representing my group and "speak out" for us. And when we said "no many of us don't think that way" or "no many of us actually don't care", those who tried to 'represent' the group would come back and say "well, you just don't know you've been offended" or "you're just ignorance", as if suddenly I can't speak for myself because someone else knows better about 'me' than myself... Ugh!
Almedha wrote on 2020-07-19 15:28:17:

Quote:
This is inappropriate.

Thank you. I couldn't put it any better. I AM sick of others representing my group and "speak out" for us. And when we said "no many of us don't think that way" or "no many of us actually don't care", those who tried to 'represent' the group would come back and say "well, you just don't know you've been offended" or "you're just ignorance", as if suddenly I can't speak for myself because someone else knows better about 'me' than myself...

Ugh!
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
No support.
It is a one-off and quirky joke that really doesn't go that deep.

Whatever you really wanna make of this tooltip is really just on you and your personal brand of performative activism... But seeing folks include trans people as a mere afterthought in this discussion is really disheartening for the argument.

However, the tooltip is pretty accurate - they AREN'T natural antlers, which is probably a valid point of contention in a dragon society where nobody even has a boob.
No support.
It is a one-off and quirky joke that really doesn't go that deep.

Whatever you really wanna make of this tooltip is really just on you and your personal brand of performative activism... But seeing folks include trans people as a mere afterthought in this discussion is really disheartening for the argument.

However, the tooltip is pretty accurate - they AREN'T natural antlers, which is probably a valid point of contention in a dragon society where nobody even has a boob.
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
No support at all, I think it's a clever and harmless joke. Especially since they aren't natural as dragons don't grow antlers like that. As a woman i'm sick of people trying to say these jokes are sexist or demeaning or putting all women down or whatever. Not every joke is going to land with everyone, but if you don't like it try not to ruin the fun for others by attempting to turn it into some big important social justice issue. The site is PG13, if you don't like a mildly suggestive joke here or there then idk why you'd join a 13+ site.

I hate the whole "Let's remove/censor X thing because 1% of the people that see it might get offended/upset/uncomfortable" trend. If you don't like it, move on. I'm tired of people trying to sanitize everything under the sun.
No support at all, I think it's a clever and harmless joke. Especially since they aren't natural as dragons don't grow antlers like that. As a woman i'm sick of people trying to say these jokes are sexist or demeaning or putting all women down or whatever. Not every joke is going to land with everyone, but if you don't like it try not to ruin the fun for others by attempting to turn it into some big important social justice issue. The site is PG13, if you don't like a mildly suggestive joke here or there then idk why you'd join a 13+ site.

I hate the whole "Let's remove/censor X thing because 1% of the people that see it might get offended/upset/uncomfortable" trend. If you don't like it, move on. I'm tired of people trying to sanitize everything under the sun.
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
No support. The joke is not dehumanizing or shaming any woman for having natural or artificial body parts. FR is a website aimed at people 13 and above, after all.
No support. The joke is not dehumanizing or shaming any woman for having natural or artificial body parts. FR is a website aimed at people 13 and above, after all.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
No support. As a woman I don't see how this is dehumanizing or problematic. It doesn't make any value judgement beyond saying that the "rack" is nice, and I agree with the women who are saying that they don't appreciate the issue being treated like something that all women should agree is problematic.

(PS could someone pm me an explanation of the white squirrel tooltip my late night brain is not putting two and two together with that one)answered thank you
No support. As a woman I don't see how this is dehumanizing or problematic. It doesn't make any value judgement beyond saying that the "rack" is nice, and I agree with the women who are saying that they don't appreciate the issue being treated like something that all women should agree is problematic.

(PS could someone pm me an explanation of the white squirrel tooltip my late night brain is not putting two and two together with that one)answered thank you
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13