Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 471 472
Just a quick question @Culex
What if I am not inclined on tincturing my dragons? I would like more information, if possible, on which species regarding their base stats, would be appropriate to start off with, if you weren't going to tincture.
As well as which dragons start with scratch and shred. I understand if you wouldn't want to add that, but I would really like some information on choosing a good dragon to begin with without the intent for tincturing :)
Just a quick question @Culex
What if I am not inclined on tincturing my dragons? I would like more information, if possible, on which species regarding their base stats, would be appropriate to start off with, if you weren't going to tincture.
As well as which dragons start with scratch and shred. I understand if you wouldn't want to add that, but I would really like some information on choosing a good dragon to begin with without the intent for tincturing :)
tumblr_n8tvifDu4k1rhsle7o6_r1_250.pngtumblr_n8tvifDu4k1rhsle7o7_r1_400.png
@Chryeth If you don't want to tincture, mirrors have the best starting spread, at 7s/8q with ridgebacks a close second at 8s/6q. Both are scratch-shredders. I would really suggest tincturing though. Makes leveling faster, so it pays for itself.
@Chryeth If you don't want to tincture, mirrors have the best starting spread, at 7s/8q with ridgebacks a close second at 8s/6q. Both are scratch-shredders. I would really suggest tincturing though. Makes leveling faster, so it pays for itself.
@Chryeth

Yup, mirrors are great.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B17SsT1ETjiyckVmUXRvOHNTR1k/Stat%20Allocation%20Calculator.html

This calculator, just set the starter breed and leave it at level 1, and you can see for yourself too :)
@Chryeth

Yup, mirrors are great.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B17SsT1ETjiyckVmUXRvOHNTR1k/Stat%20Allocation%20Calculator.html

This calculator, just set the starter breed and leave it at level 1, and you can see for yourself too :)
I'm following this guide at the moment, my dragons are level 18 and it's great.

I just don't have the money to buy Ambush for all my dragons but I still can kill easily. I just have to reset more often I suppose.

Thank you for the guide!
I'm following this guide at the moment, my dragons are level 18 and it's great.

I just don't have the money to buy Ambush for all my dragons but I still can kill easily. I just have to reset more often I suppose.

Thank you for the guide!
Thanks for this guide! I'm at level 24--only a little further to go...

(I've been doing it a bit counter-suggestion, in that I've got two now-24 dragons, and one now-22 dragon, so that third one has slowed things down just a bit. But not too much, I think!)
Thanks for this guide! I'm at level 24--only a little further to go...

(I've been doing it a bit counter-suggestion, in that I've got two now-24 dragons, and one now-22 dragon, so that third one has slowed things down just a bit. But not too much, I think!)
Woohoowoohoo, level 25! :D :D :D
Woohoowoohoo, level 25! :D :D :D
@SuperWolf
Just pinging myself so I can get back to this. ^^
@SuperWolf
Just pinging myself so I can get back to this. ^^
badgeextrememini_zpsedb5d611.gif
@Culex

Hey I'm really new and I just found this guide and I have a question: I have Eliminate equipped to two of my three battling dragons (the third I'm using for aid and rally) but it takes six turns using Scratch to build up enough breath to even use Eliminate. What if I put Meditate in Scratch's place? Would that be more effective? All three dragons are at level 7 so far and I'm looking to farm not compete.
@Culex

Hey I'm really new and I just found this guide and I have a question: I have Eliminate equipped to two of my three battling dragons (the third I'm using for aid and rally) but it takes six turns using Scratch to build up enough breath to even use Eliminate. What if I put Meditate in Scratch's place? Would that be more effective? All three dragons are at level 7 so far and I'm looking to farm not compete.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png
@buggers

For farming, it's perfectly fine.

Make sure you're in a zone where you can Eliminate one-shot all enemies, or else you'll end up wanting Scratch, since Shred will deplete your breath all too quickly.

Meditate, Meditate, (or as many as you want to fill up the bar) Defend, Defend.

That'll end Meditate's debuff and get you ready to use Eliminate until you run out of breath again. Hopefully the enemies you'll be farming won't be able to do enough damage to you, either.

Thankfully Scratch & Meditate are super cheap, so if you want to go back to leveling, too, no biggy.
@buggers

For farming, it's perfectly fine.

Make sure you're in a zone where you can Eliminate one-shot all enemies, or else you'll end up wanting Scratch, since Shred will deplete your breath all too quickly.

Meditate, Meditate, (or as many as you want to fill up the bar) Defend, Defend.

That'll end Meditate's debuff and get you ready to use Eliminate until you run out of breath again. Hopefully the enemies you'll be farming won't be able to do enough damage to you, either.

Thankfully Scratch & Meditate are super cheap, so if you want to go back to leveling, too, no biggy.
@Culex

Thank you for the reply! The first and second zones definitely have enemies i can one shot eliminate. I really wish you still got experience for them though.

What do you mean by Meditate's "debuff"?
@Culex

Thank you for the reply! The first and second zones definitely have enemies i can one shot eliminate. I really wish you still got experience for them though.

What do you mean by Meditate's "debuff"?
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 471 472