Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 471 472
@buggers

When you use Meditate it makes the using dragon's physical damage less by 75% (ie if they were doing 100 damage, they now do 25) for 2 turns afterward, hence using Defend twice so it's gone. If you use Eliminate it'll do a quarter the damage it's supposed to and possibly make you not one-shot.
@buggers

When you use Meditate it makes the using dragon's physical damage less by 75% (ie if they were doing 100 damage, they now do 25) for 2 turns afterward, hence using Defend twice so it's gone. If you use Eliminate it'll do a quarter the damage it's supposed to and possibly make you not one-shot.
@Culex

I've spent this whole time thinking that Meditate made the using dragon TAKE 75% less damage from attack wow haha the more I know.

You've been incredibly helpful, thank you again.
@Culex

I've spent this whole time thinking that Meditate made the using dragon TAKE 75% less damage from attack wow haha the more I know.

You've been incredibly helpful, thank you again.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png
@buggers
There's a strat for farming with meditate where your other dragon has scratch and your meditate dragon has buffs like rally and haste. You just use rally and haste on the debuff turns.
@buggers
There's a strat for farming with meditate where your other dragon has scratch and your meditate dragon has buffs like rally and haste. You just use rally and haste on the debuff turns.
On Flight Rising Time
Hatchery
@Culex & @buggers - Just want to add that while Meditate's description says the debuff lasts 2 turns, it actually lasts 3. I reported in on the bug forum months ago, but it's never been fixed. Also, I've happily used it for leveling - it works great, imo. Your other two dragons can usually finish off the monsters in the first fight easily, at which point you can already Eliminate at the start of the second fight.
@Culex & @buggers - Just want to add that while Meditate's description says the debuff lasts 2 turns, it actually lasts 3. I reported in on the bug forum months ago, but it's never been fixed. Also, I've happily used it for leveling - it works great, imo. Your other two dragons can usually finish off the monsters in the first fight easily, at which point you can already Eliminate at the start of the second fight.
@Chrizesu this is good to know. My meditate dragon already has rally, and what I've heard is definitely correct; it really ups eliminate's power. I'll look into adding haste to him as well. He's my healer dragon and I love him. Very useful during leveling fights.

Also I've decided I wanna keep leveling so that I can hopefully farm in higher areas, like the Arena or something. So for now I think I'll stay with scratch, since I've found a nice rhythm with scratch/eliminate in the third area for now. Once you get up enough breath and make sure to use the eliminate for the killshot you start plowing through monsters yay~

@Kiena YEAH I'VE NOTICED THAT. After Culex's tip I actually sat there and timed it and I was like whaaaat. Oh well though, that's alright.
@Chrizesu this is good to know. My meditate dragon already has rally, and what I've heard is definitely correct; it really ups eliminate's power. I'll look into adding haste to him as well. He's my healer dragon and I love him. Very useful during leveling fights.

Also I've decided I wanna keep leveling so that I can hopefully farm in higher areas, like the Arena or something. So for now I think I'll stay with scratch, since I've found a nice rhythm with scratch/eliminate in the third area for now. Once you get up enough breath and make sure to use the eliminate for the killshot you start plowing through monsters yay~

@Kiena YEAH I'VE NOTICED THAT. After Culex's tip I actually sat there and timed it and I was like whaaaat. Oh well though, that's alright.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png
@Culex ; not sure if this has already been answered and if it's in the guide somewhere and I missed it, I'm real sorry!
But do stones that increase strength actually affect the dragons strength?
Because I tinctured an entire team of three and leveled them up accordingly and then realized that they had stones on them so their actual strengths were lower than they were supposed to be.
I've noticed that some things that you say should only take one scratch + eliminate are taking more than one scratch and now I'm at level 19 and my dragons are all one strength point below what they should be, base, but they've got stones on them that give them +9 to their strength.
I hate to think I'd have to retincture three dragons, I feel like I wasted money.

Is your guide based on what their strength without stones is or do stones count as well?
@Culex ; not sure if this has already been answered and if it's in the guide somewhere and I missed it, I'm real sorry!
But do stones that increase strength actually affect the dragons strength?
Because I tinctured an entire team of three and leveled them up accordingly and then realized that they had stones on them so their actual strengths were lower than they were supposed to be.
I've noticed that some things that you say should only take one scratch + eliminate are taking more than one scratch and now I'm at level 19 and my dragons are all one strength point below what they should be, base, but they've got stones on them that give them +9 to their strength.
I hate to think I'd have to retincture three dragons, I feel like I wasted money.

Is your guide based on what their strength without stones is or do stones count as well?
We'll put a signature here eventually.
@Kouji

The stones don't work, except MAYBE +VIT ones (haven't found anything with screenshots to see though). Even the QCK ones don't, from testing. So yeah, the guide is based on base stats, not augmented stats, since there are none yet; when stones DO work the guide'll get overhauled :)
@Kouji

The stones don't work, except MAYBE +VIT ones (haven't found anything with screenshots to see though). Even the QCK ones don't, from testing. So yeah, the guide is based on base stats, not augmented stats, since there are none yet; when stones DO work the guide'll get overhauled :)
@Culex ; Ah, that's a bummer.
I'm still kinda a new player so I haven't read up much on all the things aren't working yet!
I'll be glad when it gets fixed. Not sure if I feel like tincturing those dragons again though, I feel crummy for not doing it right the first time :/
@Culex ; Ah, that's a bummer.
I'm still kinda a new player so I haven't read up much on all the things aren't working yet!
I'll be glad when it gets fixed. Not sure if I feel like tincturing those dragons again though, I feel crummy for not doing it right the first time :/
We'll put a signature here eventually.
@Culex

I was wondering, like for LVL22 you have
Level 22: STR 100, QCK 41

I assume these are without any battle stones applies? (like Might fragments?)
@Culex

I was wondering, like for LVL22 you have
Level 22: STR 100, QCK 41

I assume these are without any battle stones applies? (like Might fragments?)
mystiks-plag-banner_zpsaf442ddb.png
FR time + 9
Looking for some nice hatchies? see my hatchery! => http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=1172579
@Jian89

Correct, those are the normal stats. Stat boosting fragments don't work, so I don't count them.
@Jian89

Correct, those are the normal stats. Stat boosting fragments don't work, so I don't count them.
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 471 472