Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 212 213
Yay dragon backgrounds! Individual feeding and unlimited familiar naming? Never saw those two coming, wow! Not sure I'm so keen on how the new layout all runs together though, plus, three panels up top instead of two is kind of crowded.
Yay dragon backgrounds! Individual feeding and unlimited familiar naming? Never saw those two coming, wow! Not sure I'm so keen on how the new layout all runs together though, plus, three panels up top instead of two is kind of crowded.
don't like my dragons
I really love this update! Thank you so much for the hard work, really excited to play with the new features!
I really love this update! Thank you so much for the hard work, really excited to play with the new features!
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
I can filter the familiars to see which ones I need to change. YAY. YOU CAN NAME THEM OH NO

This will take a while to get used to after all these years. It looks very busy compared to the old one. I love the ease of going to other sections like the breed/scrying but not a fan of the position of the certain areas like the apparel. I would rather miss out the battle section and put the apparel there but that's just a personal taste.

The only thing I'm meh about is the 'likes' - I preferred people taking the time to write on the front page and sadly I fear it might be a way to 'boost' a dragons sale. Sounds silly but I've been on the internet long enough that people can get worked up about internet points.

But this year has been amazing for FR. There has been hiccups but the staff have fixed them fast and listening to the fans. There has been new dragon breeds, genes, Arenas and much much more. It's been an honour to watch the game grow and thank you so much to all the FR staff. Happy 7th Anniversary Everyone!
I can filter the familiars to see which ones I need to change. YAY. YOU CAN NAME THEM OH NO

This will take a while to get used to after all these years. It looks very busy compared to the old one. I love the ease of going to other sections like the breed/scrying but not a fan of the position of the certain areas like the apparel. I would rather miss out the battle section and put the apparel there but that's just a personal taste.

The only thing I'm meh about is the 'likes' - I preferred people taking the time to write on the front page and sadly I fear it might be a way to 'boost' a dragons sale. Sounds silly but I've been on the internet long enough that people can get worked up about internet points.

But this year has been amazing for FR. There has been hiccups but the staff have fixed them fast and listening to the fans. There has been new dragon breeds, genes, Arenas and much much more. It's been an honour to watch the game grow and thank you so much to all the FR staff. Happy 7th Anniversary Everyone!
ji7Ja69.png______________MbQpXUR.gifA8YwNGs.gif______________ODwPvZt.png
Happy anniversary! Thoses are nice changes.
Happy anniversary! Thoses are nice changes.
Happy 7th FR! [emoji=firework size=1] So many new and wonderful features! The scene backgrounds are lovely. One suggestion. Could you perhaps switch the "Biography" section, with the "Physical, Battle, Lineage" section? (i.e. move bio up, and the other down). I think that would make a lot of players happy. Either way, thankyou for your dedicated work. [emoji=heart size=1]
Happy 7th FR! So many new and wonderful features! The scene backgrounds are lovely.

One suggestion. Could you perhaps switch the "Biography" section, with the "Physical, Battle, Lineage" section? (i.e. move bio up, and the other down). I think that would make a lot of players happy.

Either way, thankyou for your dedicated work.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
oh, flight-themed backgrounds have to be this cycle's new "small" fest item. i hope so at least.

i love this update. was a little skeptical when we were told it wasn't something we had been teased with earlier, but i think it's great!
oh, flight-themed backgrounds have to be this cycle's new "small" fest item. i hope so at least.

i love this update. was a little skeptical when we were told it wasn't something we had been teased with earlier, but i think it's great!
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[quote name="Vaixation" date="2020-06-08 08:19:55" ] [...] when you hover over dragons' breeding button in the Hibernal Den it says "Dragons resting in the [b]Hibernal Den[/b] cannot be [b]fed[/b]." Shouldn't that be the tooltip for the Feed button instead? The Feed button, on the other hand, says the following: "[b]Feed[/b] this dragon." [/quote] Thanks for the catch @Vaixation! These tooltips have been fixed.
Vaixation wrote on 2020-06-08 08:19:55:
[...] when you hover over dragons' breeding button in the Hibernal Den it says "Dragons resting in the Hibernal Den cannot be fed." Shouldn't that be the tooltip for the Feed button instead? The Feed button, on the other hand, says the following: "Feed this dragon."

Thanks for the catch @Vaixation! These tooltips have been fixed.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
scenes :o gonna have lots of fun with those
and the new apparel/skin equip revamp seems neat
i love being able to feed specific dragons tho, ill never have to feed fodders again :v
edit: is there a way to see some sort of list of dragons i've previously given a like? (i have a weird habit of bookmarking dragons i think are neat)
scenes :o gonna have lots of fun with those
and the new apparel/skin equip revamp seems neat
i love being able to feed specific dragons tho, ill never have to feed fodders again :v
edit: is there a way to see some sort of list of dragons i've previously given a like? (i have a weird habit of bookmarking dragons i think are neat)
she/they | +0 fr time
wishlistbadgesadoptshatchery
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 08:25:48" ] Also just noticed that if a dragon doesn't have a familiar the lil dotty box shows up around where the image of the familiar would have been?? I mean I don't personally have many dergs that don't have familiars, but there are probably some other peoples dergs that do. [/quote] Yeah, I was about to go take down all my familiars because...I don't want them displayed with my dragon....and now am faced with the choice of that or an unfriendly empty box. Not the best. We really ought to be able to be able to choose to toggle the view off. In addition, it feels very money grabby to me that we don't even have the option to toggle things off for a moment (not even im default like it should be) without a background. It's too busy..the main feature is the dragons. This should be about the dragons. I like the ease of editing them now, but the final display is done poorly.
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 08:25:48:
Also just noticed that if a dragon doesn't have a familiar the lil dotty box shows up around where the image of the familiar would have been?? I mean I don't personally have many dergs that don't have familiars, but there are probably some other peoples dergs that do.

Yeah, I was about to go take down all my familiars because...I don't want them displayed with my dragon....and now am faced with the choice of that or an unfriendly empty box. Not the best. We really ought to be able to be able to choose to toggle the view off.

In addition, it feels very money grabby to me that we don't even have the option to toggle things off for a moment (not even im default like it should be) without a background.

It's too busy..the main feature is the dragons. This should be about the dragons. I like the ease of editing them now, but the final display is done poorly.
...signature loading....
[center][font=Century][size=6][b][emoji=left wing size=1] Happy Anniversary, Flight Rising! [emoji=right wing size=1][/b][/size] ----- [font=Century][size=4]First of all, I'd like to say congrats to Flight Rising for not only sticking around for 7 years but for continually growing and upgrading the site! It's come a long way. Even in the past 4 years that I've been a member of this community the site has changed a lot and has continued to give us awesome things! Second, I'm so glad that you can search for skins/apparel when dressing a dragon! It's something that we've been needing for a long time and I'm happy to finally see it here! [i](And naming familiars is awesome!) [/i] I also really like the extra customisation of adding backgrounds to dragons. It's a nice feature to add to make your dragon feel more unique. However, there is a slight downside to the new update. I feel as if the apparel slots need to be moved and perhaps replaced with the dragon info? I think that their info is more important than the apparel and needs to be on display instantly when you click on a dragon. It'll take some time to get used to but I think, with some minimal changes, it can be something that we can all come to appreciate. And before I forget to mention it, I also think the lineage should be more visible straight away. I like to be able to click on a dragon and instantly see if it's a G1 or unbred. Scrolling, though it might not seem like much, becomes tiresome when you're searching through hundreds of other dragons. Either way, I have faith that the team will take everyone's ideas and criticism on board and do something to meet us halfway. This site, for me, has been great ever since I joined and I only want to see it flourish. Now, let's go and hatch some eggs in celebration! [emoji=tundra tongue size=2]
Happy Anniversary, Flight Rising!

First of all, I'd like to say congrats to Flight Rising for not only sticking around for 7 years but for continually growing and upgrading the site! It's come a long way. Even in the past 4 years that I've been a member of this community the site has changed a lot and has continued to give us awesome things!

Second, I'm so glad that you can search for skins/apparel when dressing a dragon! It's something that we've been needing for a long time and I'm happy to finally see it here!
(And naming familiars is awesome!)

I also really like the extra customisation of adding backgrounds to dragons. It's a nice feature to add to make your dragon feel more unique.

However, there is a slight downside to the new update.

I feel as if the apparel slots need to be moved and perhaps replaced with the dragon info? I think that their info is more important than the apparel and needs to be on display instantly when you click on a dragon.

It'll take some time to get used to but I think, with some minimal changes, it can be something that we can all come to appreciate.

And before I forget to mention it, I also think the lineage should be more visible straight away. I like to be able to click on a dragon and instantly see if it's a G1 or unbred. Scrolling, though it might not seem like much, becomes tiresome when you're searching through hundreds of other dragons.

Either way, I have faith that the team will take everyone's ideas and criticism on board and do something to meet us halfway. This site, for me, has been great ever since I joined and I only want to see it flourish.

Now, let's go and hatch some eggs in celebration!
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 212 213