Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 212 213
[quote name="SpaceBaguette" date="2020-06-08 08:53:48" ] [center][snip] Now this is a problem I have as a mobile user. I use to be able to move the bios from side to side so I could see the entire thing. Now, the bios don’t move, but they still cut off a large portion of the dragon’s info. I have certain dragons who’s art/entire bits of lore have been cut off, and I can’t see to make sure a mistake hasn’t been made. It’s rather annoying as a mobile only user, since I can’t afford a computer, and it kind of deters me from wanting to make nice bios for my dragons. However, those are really the only gripes I have with this update. The rest of it looks absolutely amazing! Happy 7th anniversary everyone. [/quote] That isn't just a mobile problem, I've been adding vistas to my dragons like crazy and the code keeps breaking - with no horizontal scroll bar - so I've just been making some slight adjustments to my code as I go . . .
Quote:
[snip]

Now this is a problem I have as a mobile user. I use to be able to move the bios from side to side so I could see the entire thing. Now, the bios don’t move, but they still cut off a large portion of the dragon’s info. I have certain dragons who’s art/entire bits of lore have been cut off, and I can’t see to make sure a mistake hasn’t been made. It’s rather annoying as a mobile only user, since I can’t afford a computer, and it kind of deters me from wanting to make nice bios for my dragons.

However, those are really the only gripes I have with this update. The rest of it looks absolutely amazing! Happy 7th anniversary everyone.

That isn't just a mobile problem, I've been adding vistas to my dragons like crazy and the code keeps breaking - with no horizontal scroll bar - so I've just been making some slight adjustments to my code as I go . . .
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
w h at this is WILD
w h at this is WILD
Lasirx9.pngvjGMHRe.pngMXEvUI7.pngGwTxsOQ.pngVCfSZFe.png
I am all here for dragon page customization and familiar naming! Holy moly, what an update!

This new art is gorgeous and I love dragon vistas.

However, I do agree that the old format was much easier to navigate and easier on the eyes- it didn't distract from the dragon. This new format is very busy, and the older placement of information was just where we needed it- the dragon and familiar side-by-side is a lot of colorful stimuli packed very closely together, though I understand the placement with the introduction of scenes, and it's kinda sweet to have them stand side-by-side, just cluttered oof.

Speaking of scenes- love em. Love the idea. Give me that FR art, muah.
However, they mess with skins that have false-transparency! Could we remove the default Flight scenes and make them buyable as well? Maybe during a Flight's holiday month (the water Flight's scene being available to purchase in the marketplace in April, for example). That way, if we happen to have a dragon with a transparent skin, we have the option to not break that illusion!

I like parts of the update, but I still beg of the staff to talk to us about major mandatory updates like these so we have fresh eyes and you have healthier (I would hope) feedback from the community! Some aspects of this update are really cool ideas but I'd be lying if I said I'm happy with how these latest updates have been executed. I'm... getting a bit frustrated, honestly, and I try to be very understanding.

You guys are putting so much work into updates and features that aren't interest-checked and are getting more and more expensive for players to use, which is SILLY because we've asked for tons of things that we'd be *willing* to pay for if you're having money shortages (like eye type vials). There HAVE to be multiples of you on the staff who see issues and have problems with some of the update executions in recent years. What's going on, Devs?
I am all here for dragon page customization and familiar naming! Holy moly, what an update!

This new art is gorgeous and I love dragon vistas.

However, I do agree that the old format was much easier to navigate and easier on the eyes- it didn't distract from the dragon. This new format is very busy, and the older placement of information was just where we needed it- the dragon and familiar side-by-side is a lot of colorful stimuli packed very closely together, though I understand the placement with the introduction of scenes, and it's kinda sweet to have them stand side-by-side, just cluttered oof.

Speaking of scenes- love em. Love the idea. Give me that FR art, muah.
However, they mess with skins that have false-transparency! Could we remove the default Flight scenes and make them buyable as well? Maybe during a Flight's holiday month (the water Flight's scene being available to purchase in the marketplace in April, for example). That way, if we happen to have a dragon with a transparent skin, we have the option to not break that illusion!

I like parts of the update, but I still beg of the staff to talk to us about major mandatory updates like these so we have fresh eyes and you have healthier (I would hope) feedback from the community! Some aspects of this update are really cool ideas but I'd be lying if I said I'm happy with how these latest updates have been executed. I'm... getting a bit frustrated, honestly, and I try to be very understanding.

You guys are putting so much work into updates and features that aren't interest-checked and are getting more and more expensive for players to use, which is SILLY because we've asked for tons of things that we'd be *willing* to pay for if you're having money shortages (like eye type vials). There HAVE to be multiples of you on the staff who see issues and have problems with some of the update executions in recent years. What's going on, Devs?
My Art Shop on Amino! (Pm me on FR if you'd like some art! :D)
The FR Shop is coming eventually...
dd0g4ir-6208891f-2f98-43b2-a17a-86dca89431a6.pngdd0go5f-8166b29e-b88b-4085-8c98-0e8f4752b198.png
happy anniversary fr! not keen on the revamp but i'll learn to live with it. at least i can give familiars attached to my dragons nicknames...????

edit: oh... so some of my bios are broken. fantastic :(
happy anniversary fr! not keen on the revamp but i'll learn to live with it. at least i can give familiars attached to my dragons nicknames...????

edit: oh... so some of my bios are broken. fantastic :(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
OMG YES HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!!

The only thing that bugs me a little is where the apparel section was put, but besides that everything looks cool! Might take me a while to get used to this new interface tho...
OMG YES HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!!

The only thing that bugs me a little is where the apparel section was put, but besides that everything looks cool! Might take me a while to get used to this new interface tho...
He/They 3W1nMYR.png tn0RSo5.pngpZJYyk4.png
Pgv53XB.png125nq1m.png
Thank you for your feedback! We see new dragon page design has stirred up some discussion. The revamp is fresh and the changes are new. Let's give it some time to breathe, settle, and see how you like it in action and over time. [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] As always, please remember to post your suggestions in our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]Suggestions Forum[/url][/b]. There each suggestion can have its own dedicated discussion thread, not get lost in a 100+ page announcement thread. [emoji=banescale winking size=1]
Thank you for your feedback! We see new dragon page design has stirred up some discussion. The revamp is fresh and the changes are new. Let's give it some time to breathe, settle, and see how you like it in action and over time.

As always, please remember to post your suggestions in our Suggestions Forum. There each suggestion can have its own dedicated discussion thread, not get lost in a 100+ page announcement thread.
I can't tell whether it's just because the site is under heavy load or because the profiles are having trouble loading as fast as the old ones, but I'm running into a lot of problems with buttons not responding to clicks. Not even just on the profiles, but on the popup after bonding with familiars, etc.

I really wish the familiars were smaller, as well as the arrows to go from one dragon to the next. They're so big right now and mousing over my dragon makes me feel weirdly claustrophobic. Would be fixed if familiars were smaller, giving dragons more room to have the arrows on the sides instead of right up in the middle of the art.

Also really think moving colors/genes down is a bad call. I care much more about that than apparel.
I can't tell whether it's just because the site is under heavy load or because the profiles are having trouble loading as fast as the old ones, but I'm running into a lot of problems with buttons not responding to clicks. Not even just on the profiles, but on the popup after bonding with familiars, etc.

I really wish the familiars were smaller, as well as the arrows to go from one dragon to the next. They're so big right now and mousing over my dragon makes me feel weirdly claustrophobic. Would be fixed if familiars were smaller, giving dragons more room to have the arrows on the sides instead of right up in the middle of the art.

Also really think moving colors/genes down is a bad call. I care much more about that than apparel.
Happy 7th Anniversary, y'all! This is so exciting!

Thank you so much for the ability to name our familiars! LOVE it.
Happy 7th Anniversary, y'all! This is so exciting!

Thank you so much for the ability to name our familiars! LOVE it.
Oh man oh man, I love the scenes!
Oh man oh man, I love the scenes!
ZNhRsiG.png
2-3 hours ahead of FR
[quote name="Eralune" date="2020-06-08 10:59:00" ] Staff, thank you for all the hard work and dedication that has been put into this game. Although I'm a bit disappointed in the anniversary update, I can see that a lot of effort was put into the rework. I would like to suggest that there be an option to remove the scene backdrop from each dragon or opt out of it in user account settings. I agree with others that it kind of clutters up the dragon page and doesn't really go with the aesthetics that I want for my own dragons. I also don't like the idea that scenes have to be individually purchased for each dragon...Is there a way to have a default scene unlocked for each dragon, such as a solid version of the default scene, set for each dragon according to the owner's flight? Lastly, I feel like the actual important information for each dragon is now all the way at the bottom, rather than where it should be. Could the physical info be swapped with all the empty apparel boxes? It looks empty and unfinished to have all those blank boxes instead of the pertinent information there. [/quote] I love the idea of the apparel being swapped with the physical information! I also think that the scenes should work like vistas, but because of this maybe be more expensive? So instead of paying 200 gems they are now 400 or so? Like the gem vistas are 600 gems so I believe that the scenes should be less than the vistas, but if they can be used like a vista, than we could up the original pricing?
Eralune wrote on 2020-06-08 10:59:00:
Staff, thank you for all the hard work and dedication that has been put into this game. Although I'm a bit disappointed in the anniversary update, I can see that a lot of effort was put into the rework.

I would like to suggest that there be an option to remove the scene backdrop from each dragon or opt out of it in user account settings. I agree with others that it kind of clutters up the dragon page and doesn't really go with the aesthetics that I want for my own dragons.

I also don't like the idea that scenes have to be individually purchased for each dragon...Is there a way to have a default scene unlocked for each dragon, such as a solid version of the default scene, set for each dragon according to the owner's flight?

Lastly, I feel like the actual important information for each dragon is now all the way at the bottom, rather than where it should be. Could the physical info be swapped with all the empty apparel boxes? It looks empty and unfinished to have all those blank boxes instead of the pertinent information there.

I love the idea of the apparel being swapped with the physical information! I also think that the scenes should work like vistas, but because of this maybe be more expensive? So instead of paying 200 gems they are now 400 or so? Like the gem vistas are 600 gems so I believe that the scenes should be less than the vistas, but if they can be used like a vista, than we could up the original pricing?
f7i7H7L.png
bird, birdy, chirp
he/they/she
+3 fr time
just came back from a hiatus
sketch shop
- - - - - - - - - - -

1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 212 213