Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts about the announcement
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Okay I am finally getting around to posting my thoughts here.

First I want to thank staff for the announcement, for what this community is I think it was pretty much the perfect post. Well spoken, to the point, not preachy, and it linked to helpful resources. In my opinion, no matter the platform you have, taking a strong stance against hate and racism will never not be the right thing to do.
Okay I am finally getting around to posting my thoughts here.

First I want to thank staff for the announcement, for what this community is I think it was pretty much the perfect post. Well spoken, to the point, not preachy, and it linked to helpful resources. In my opinion, no matter the platform you have, taking a strong stance against hate and racism will never not be the right thing to do.
[quote name="nearku" date="2020-06-03 19:40:00" ] The thread has lost its purpose due to many people arguing and derailing what it was meant for, unfortunately. [/quote] I apologize for my role in this-I was trying to get people together instead of infighting/missing the point. But regardless, I still helped derail. I do agree with Staff's position on this matter and I am glad that many have a sense of relief/comfort from their statement.
nearku wrote on 2020-06-03 19:40:00:
The thread has lost its purpose due to many people arguing and derailing what it was meant for, unfortunately.

I apologize for my role in this-I was trying to get people together instead of infighting/missing the point. But regardless, I still helped derail.

I do agree with Staff's position on this matter and I am glad that many have a sense of relief/comfort from their statement.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
I'm glad the staff spoke up about this. peoples lives are important, and it's important to talk about this.

the world is scary right now, for many reasons, but stay strong.
I'm glad the staff spoke up about this. peoples lives are important, and it's important to talk about this.

the world is scary right now, for many reasons, but stay strong.
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Lots of respect for staff. <3
Lots of respect for staff. <3
"Feel free to leave. You aren’t welcome here either." HOT DAMN!
Ngl, I was not expecting FR to publicly announce anything about real world affairs, but seeing that just made me feel so, how do I describe it, lively? It's a strong, solid message and I like it.

Ngl, I was not expecting FR to publicly announce anything about real world affairs, but seeing that just made me feel so, how do I describe it, lively? It's a strong, solid message and I like it.

23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
[quote name="EgoLobster" date="2020-06-03 19:39:36" ] Cops are not above anybody. Without a system of protection, the world will fall into chaos. You are the terrible person here. You are blind, foolish, and cannot see the good in the world. [/quote] yes, this thread is getting derailed and it would be g-r-e-a-t if we can stop personal attacks here.
EgoLobster wrote on 2020-06-03 19:39:36:
Cops are not above anybody. Without a system of protection, the world will fall into chaos.
You are the terrible person here.
You are blind, foolish, and cannot see the good in the world.

yes, this thread is getting derailed and it would be g-r-e-a-t if we can stop personal attacks here.
DmRdZYl.png
I admit I got out of hand, I apologize. I am not usually so.... well, angry.

Everyone is mad right now. But I’d say ACAB is just as unwelcome as people who are against BLM.

There’s a reason this site doesn’t need politics on it. I’ve made friends with people I don’t think I’d be friends with in real life because we don’t get political. I just want this site to be happy again. I want everyone to agree. But we can’t have that, because it’s human nature to argue and bicker.

I’m so sorry for the way I’ve been acting. I purged and I feel a bit better, but I should
go eat something to get food back in me.

Please, no more fighting. This site isn’t about that.

Everyone is mad right now. But I’d say ACAB is just as unwelcome as people who are against BLM.

There’s a reason this site doesn’t need politics on it. I’ve made friends with people I don’t think I’d be friends with in real life because we don’t get political. I just want this site to be happy again. I want everyone to agree. But we can’t have that, because it’s human nature to argue and bicker.

I’m so sorry for the way I’ve been acting. I purged and I feel a bit better, but I should

sig103_by_dingobreath-dckmq7f.png
[quote name="GiantPandroid" date="2020-06-03 20:05:16" ] "Feel free to leave. You aren’t welcome here either." HOT DAMN! Ngl, I was not expecting FR to publicly announce anything about real world affairs, but seeing that just made me feel so, how do I describe it, lively? It's a strong, solid message and I like it. [/quote] yeah, it made me really happy to see staff straight up say "if you're racist, you don't belong here" I was worried when the other topic got deleted, but then they came out with this. I feel a lot better about being here.
GiantPandroid wrote on 2020-06-03 20:05:16:

yeah, it made me really happy to see staff straight up say "if you're racist, you don't belong here"

I was worried when the other topic got deleted, but then they came out with this. I feel a lot better about being here.
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Thoughts about the announcement: good. I'm in Minnesota and this is what's important. This is what matters.

Edit: And as a Minnesotan, speaking for most of us right now since we're all seeing directly what they're doing to journalists of color and peaceful protestors, ACAB from the bottom of my heart.
Thoughts about the announcement: good. I'm in Minnesota and this is what's important. This is what matters.

Edit: And as a Minnesotan, speaking for most of us right now since we're all seeing directly what they're doing to journalists of color and peaceful protestors, ACAB from the bottom of my heart.
Ping me to get my attention!
[quote name="EgoLobster" date="2020-06-03 20:09:11" ] I admit I got out of hand, I apologize. I am not usually so.... well, angry. Everyone is mad right now. But I’d say ACAB is just as unwelcome as people who are against BLM. There’s a reason this site doesn’t need politics on it. I’ve made friends with people I don’t think I’d be friends with in real life because we don’t get political. I just want this site to be happy again. I want everyone to agree. But we can’t have that, because it’s human nature to argue and bicker. I’m so sorry for the way I’ve been acting. I purged and I feel a bit better, but I should go eat something to get food back in me. Please, no more fighting. This site isn’t about that. [/quote] that's the thing, blm isn't even about politics. like someone said earlier, and i will put it in quotes, [quote name="voidbeast" date="2020-06-03 11:28:30" ] this isn't a political issue by the way, the only reason things like racism, homophobia, misogyny, other human rights issues keep getting lumped into politics is because some people ascribe mistreating others to political beliefs. it isn't really an exception that staff is addressing this topic and letting us discuss it, its just not a genuine political issue [/quote]
EgoLobster wrote on 2020-06-03 20:09:11:

that's the thing, blm isn't even about politics. like someone said earlier, and i will put it in quotes,
voidbeast wrote on 2020-06-03 11:28:30:
this isn't a political issue by the way, the only reason things like racism, homophobia, misogyny, other human rights issues keep getting lumped into politics is because some people ascribe mistreating others to political beliefs. it isn't really an exception that staff is addressing this topic and letting us discuss it, its just not a genuine political issue
DmRdZYl.png
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43