Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Glowtail
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 85 86
Thank you so much for listening!

I was on the fence at first, but now I must have it!
Thank you so much for listening!

I was on the fence at first, but now I must have it!
.tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png 8DyXvaa.pngQMvFMzB.png .
Ahhh! I love the way I can use vibrant tertiaries with this. Or even use the tail to balance out apparel on the head? This is very nice, thank you!
Ahhh! I love the way I can use vibrant tertiaries with this. Or even use the tail to balance out apparel on the head? This is very nice, thank you!
Shrapnarl-1.png
>> bug (he/him)
>> FR -1
>> hatchery
this update punched me in the face and stole my money [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=54&winggene=12&wings=157&auth=accb58609faa152c6aaa1913e85f10de831c1e25&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
this update punched me in the face and stole my money

dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=35&tertgene=54&winggene=12&wings=157&auth=accb58609faa152c6aaa1913e85f10de831c1e25&dummyext=prev.png
tumblr_pm57dgUmg91x46ojxo8_250.png iii
calypso
she/her
fr +2
Oooh, I now want it quite badly but I’m gem broke lolol!
Oooh, I now want it quite badly but I’m gem broke lolol!
|
|
|
My Time is FR +0
19yo with issues
I LOVE Imps/Banes/WCs~
kVIzwBY.png
Thank you FR Team for listening to everyone's feedback! Loved it before and love it even more now <3!
Thank you FR Team for listening to everyone's feedback! Loved it before and love it even more now <3!
♠ Ace ~ He/Him ~ Bi / Poly / Trans ~ FR time +3 ~ BLM; ACAB! ~ Please Ping! ♠
Z3Lt3uB.png
I seriosly hate how there is a bunch of complaining.... the devs are trying there hardest to get updates out and it might not be easy for them because of real life... you never know, they could be busy. And I think we get it! It might not be your favourite gene but that doesn't mean you need to be harsh about it, even though the feedback did help.

And I'm not saying that everyone is complaining but there was some harsh critisism that didn't really seem like feedback.

We are very lucky to have devs pushing themselves to put out updates for us during these times... I also think we are very lucky that the devs changed the gene for us.

But I wasn't actually expecting for this gene to get so much feedback in one day tbh. it was a lot! lol And now some people wish they had the old version... I liked both variants but it is definetly better now...

This legit surprised me that we have gotten a second new gene recently! Keep up the good work devs and never stop improving!

edit: now looking back there wasn't a whole bunch of critisism but there was still some... so happy that the devs took the feedback and made this gene ever better! hopefully we don't have that many more issues with this sweet gene!
I seriosly hate how there is a bunch of complaining.... the devs are trying there hardest to get updates out and it might not be easy for them because of real life... you never know, they could be busy. And I think we get it! It might not be your favourite gene but that doesn't mean you need to be harsh about it, even though the feedback did help.

And I'm not saying that everyone is complaining but there was some harsh critisism that didn't really seem like feedback.

We are very lucky to have devs pushing themselves to put out updates for us during these times... I also think we are very lucky that the devs changed the gene for us.

But I wasn't actually expecting for this gene to get so much feedback in one day tbh. it was a lot! lol And now some people wish they had the old version... I liked both variants but it is definetly better now...

This legit surprised me that we have gotten a second new gene recently! Keep up the good work devs and never stop improving!

edit: now looking back there wasn't a whole bunch of critisism but there was still some... so happy that the devs took the feedback and made this gene ever better! hopefully we don't have that many more issues with this sweet gene!
click me >rafflebanner.gif tickets are cheap
aw devs u guys were rlly cool to listen to the feedback!! thanks for giving us a neat looking gene :>
aw devs u guys were rlly cool to listen to the feedback!! thanks for giving us a neat looking gene :>
Galford-Adopt.png940e0e2c5dc5c6df1a1d8b859b7faf98835ef23b.png
i liked it before even with its flaws, and it looks even better now! as a few others have said i do feel its a bit of a steep price for something that covers such a small area. runes was a treasure gene and its a lot more detailed than this. but it seems the staff has decided to keep it in the gem marketplace and i will respect that

i do kinda wish it was more glowy though
i liked it before even with its flaws, and it looks even better now! as a few others have said i do feel its a bit of a steep price for something that covers such a small area. runes was a treasure gene and its a lot more detailed than this. but it seems the staff has decided to keep it in the gem marketplace and i will respect that

i do kinda wish it was more glowy though
6pajdrS.pngtumblr_inline_o7rl5eD4X61u1nn5o_540.png6pajdrS.png
Between this lackluster gene and keel, I have to admit I'm concerned about the direction the updates are going. The art team seems rushed, overworked, and seem to have little quality control. I see people saying we're blessed to be getting frequent updates, but if the updates feature genes that are clearly rushed, that's not exactly a blessing.

They've stated before that they have, or had, measures in place to prevent crunch and the effects of crunch on the quality of the content they put out. Between modern genes, the third ancient and those genes, the monthly festivals, the standard updates, and the anniversary coming up I'm starting to suspect that something is up with those measures. Waiting months and months between genes and other major updates is normal, and expected, at least to older players such as myself. I'd much rather wait a while for something fantastic and well thought through than see a new gene that's barely on par with Baldwin genes slapped into the gem marketplace every few weeks.

This isn't some pet project, or some hobbyist showing art that they've done, these are people producing and selling a product and whether you're paying for their product in time or actual money, it should reflect the standards already put forth BY said product. This gene isn't on par with circuit, glimmer, filigree, or opal, and in my opinion it still isn't after the update. The devs aren't immune to criticism though just because they're working hard and doing their best (because I have no doubt they are), as this is still a business that they're asking people to put money and time into. I'm not being forced to use glowtail, no, but it's still disappointing and worrying to see two lackluster releases mere weeks apart.

I think things need to slow down, desperately. The old model of doing things clearly isn't working anymore and frankly I'm very worried about what it's doing to the actual artists working for the team.
Between this lackluster gene and keel, I have to admit I'm concerned about the direction the updates are going. The art team seems rushed, overworked, and seem to have little quality control. I see people saying we're blessed to be getting frequent updates, but if the updates feature genes that are clearly rushed, that's not exactly a blessing.

They've stated before that they have, or had, measures in place to prevent crunch and the effects of crunch on the quality of the content they put out. Between modern genes, the third ancient and those genes, the monthly festivals, the standard updates, and the anniversary coming up I'm starting to suspect that something is up with those measures. Waiting months and months between genes and other major updates is normal, and expected, at least to older players such as myself. I'd much rather wait a while for something fantastic and well thought through than see a new gene that's barely on par with Baldwin genes slapped into the gem marketplace every few weeks.

This isn't some pet project, or some hobbyist showing art that they've done, these are people producing and selling a product and whether you're paying for their product in time or actual money, it should reflect the standards already put forth BY said product. This gene isn't on par with circuit, glimmer, filigree, or opal, and in my opinion it still isn't after the update. The devs aren't immune to criticism though just because they're working hard and doing their best (because I have no doubt they are), as this is still a business that they're asking people to put money and time into. I'm not being forced to use glowtail, no, but it's still disappointing and worrying to see two lackluster releases mere weeks apart.

I think things need to slow down, desperately. The old model of doing things clearly isn't working anymore and frankly I'm very worried about what it's doing to the actual artists working for the team.
I thank the staff for fixing up the gene. It might be a good idea if they slow down a bit on making genes, but they probably push it so much because it makes them more money. I can't say that I actually know what their expensive vs revenue is like and how necessary it is that they put things out so fast.
I thank the staff for fixing up the gene. It might be a good idea if they slow down a bit on making genes, but they probably push it so much because it makes them more money. I can't say that I actually know what their expensive vs revenue is like and how necessary it is that they put things out so fast.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 85 86