Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Glowtail
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85 86
[quote name="Hex" date="2020-05-09 11:09:47" ] [columns][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][nextcol] [center] I'm definitely happy that the staff / team took the time to look at user comments and 'fix' some aspects of the gene, but still seems like it's lacking in some other areas. While the fade adds a lot of cross-compatibility with other genes, the fact that the glow is still only body-based makes the gene fairly jarring still. If you look at it on creatures that have tails flipped over (male imps / male spirals / etc) and compare it with ones with tails behind them, the different is super stark. One glows, the other basically doesn't at all... which goes against the whole 'glowtail' aesthetic as a whole. I still don't see why the glow can't be added in the same way that firefly has -- something soft that goes beyond the lines but doesn't look super jarring when you put apparel on the dragon. It's just a little odd that there are some exceptions to the 'outside the lines' rule but then this is so harshly kept within said rule too. Don't get me wrong, I love the gene in some uses, and am looking forwards to seeing how people use it to bring out alt- colours on other primary / secondary genes. That being said, I can't really make any excuse to buy the gems to get the gene given the still-present issues with the gene itself. The fact that some of it has been addressed is wonderful, but for the quality present it definitely would have been better as a baldwin gene. Just my own opinion, of course, and I understand that others will think differently. [/center] [center][emoji=pink star size=1][/center] [nextcol][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/columns] [/quote] I second that.
Hex wrote on 2020-05-09 11:09:47:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm definitely happy that the staff / team took the time to look
at user comments and 'fix' some aspects of the gene, but still
seems like it's lacking in some other areas. While the fade adds
a lot of cross-compatibility with other genes, the fact that the
glow is still only body-based makes the gene fairly jarring still.

If you look at it on creatures that have tails flipped over (male
imps / male spirals / etc) and compare it with ones with tails
behind them, the different is super stark. One glows, the other
basically doesn't at all... which goes against the whole 'glowtail'
aesthetic as a whole. I still don't see why the glow can't be
added in the same way that firefly has -- something soft that
goes beyond the lines but doesn't look super jarring when you
put apparel on the dragon. It's just a little odd that there are
some exceptions to the 'outside the lines' rule but then this is
so harshly kept within said rule too.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gene in some uses, and am
looking forwards to seeing how people use it to bring out alt-
colours on other primary / secondary genes. That being said,
I can't really make any excuse to buy the gems to get the gene
given the still-present issues with the gene itself. The fact that
some of it has been addressed is wonderful, but for the quality
present it definitely would have been better as a baldwin gene.

Just my own opinion, of course, and I understand that others
will think differently.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I second that.
I didn't get a chance to comment on this before the thread was locked, but I really like this gene! it's a good, simple tert that can go with a lot of other genes and apparel. thanks for going back and reviewing the artwork, too--it looks even better now.

also, those fiona familiars are ADORABLE! the motley marionette and the aragonite haunt are incredible and I need them both
I didn't get a chance to comment on this before the thread was locked, but I really like this gene! it's a good, simple tert that can go with a lot of other genes and apparel. thanks for going back and reviewing the artwork, too--it looks even better now.

also, those fiona familiars are ADORABLE! the motley marionette and the aragonite haunt are incredible and I need them both
8RfENq9.png
andi | they/them
fr time +3
64FS5.gifj0y8r.gifrD4ev.gifjzuUB.gifGvz94.gifH3s3h.gif4xih6.gif
QmB4Q.gif
yvdjc.gifds0BK.gif1roS7.gif
I appreciate staff fixing it up a bit and listening to the community but honestly I'm still disappointed that it's still selling for 1,200 gems. A glowing tail does not seem worth spending 10-20$ dollars on.

I'm also disappointed in people telling folks who are giving valid and overall nice critiques to just kinda be quiet about it and just go with it because "free website" or whatever. I feel we all have the right to be vocal or express our disappointments and concerns. I see most of these critiques coming out of concern and worry for the site. Of course harp on the overly rude folks but other than that, just please don't try and tell others to just keep their complaints/critiques to themselves and that they have no room or need to voice themselves in the first place. Does more harm than good.

Anyways. Time to wait for a few months or so for Glowtails in the auction house to slowly go down in price so I can get one. I'm not going to put my 20$ into a gene that only covers half of the tail.
I appreciate staff fixing it up a bit and listening to the community but honestly I'm still disappointed that it's still selling for 1,200 gems. A glowing tail does not seem worth spending 10-20$ dollars on.

I'm also disappointed in people telling folks who are giving valid and overall nice critiques to just kinda be quiet about it and just go with it because "free website" or whatever. I feel we all have the right to be vocal or express our disappointments and concerns. I see most of these critiques coming out of concern and worry for the site. Of course harp on the overly rude folks but other than that, just please don't try and tell others to just keep their complaints/critiques to themselves and that they have no room or need to voice themselves in the first place. Does more harm than good.

Anyways. Time to wait for a few months or so for Glowtails in the auction house to slowly go down in price so I can get one. I'm not going to put my 20$ into a gene that only covers half of the tail.
for comparisons sake Old: [img]https://i.imgur.com/vmgfABu.png[/img] new [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=49&bodygene=22&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=54&winggene=20&wings=13&auth=e09e411e67fc6c61f6cf96d6849d2eec254598a0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] It seems the "glow" still abruptly just stops the second theres no dragon behind it, makes it look a bit out of focus on those parts because its not consistently glowing.
for comparisons sake

Old:
vmgfABu.png

new
dragon?age=1&body=49&bodygene=22&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=54&winggene=20&wings=13&auth=e09e411e67fc6c61f6cf96d6849d2eec254598a0&dummyext=prev.png

It seems the "glow" still abruptly just stops the second theres no dragon behind it, makes it look a bit out of focus on those parts because its not consistently glowing.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
New gene! It looks really good, I can't wait to try it out on some dragons!
New gene! It looks really good, I can't wait to try it out on some dragons!
XF1O9cQ.png
Disappointed, I definitely would not pay 1200 gems for this gene.
Disappointed, I definitely would not pay 1200 gems for this gene.
QFXpYkj.png
I'm really happy that the mods listened and tried to make things better. While it's still not really a gene for me, it did improve.

Personally I would have liked it to effect the horns, headfrills or feathers as well though, or something similar to that. I feel like the breeds with small tails or barely visible tails are not given much now, especially with it being a gem gene.

At the very least the quality is better now though and that is appreciated.
I'm really happy that the mods listened and tried to make things better. While it's still not really a gene for me, it did improve.

Personally I would have liked it to effect the horns, headfrills or feathers as well though, or something similar to that. I feel like the breeds with small tails or barely visible tails are not given much now, especially with it being a gem gene.

At the very least the quality is better now though and that is appreciated.
QdaBiJf.png
Looks like I will have to consider making a Gluhschwanz dragon! That would be fun and expensive
Looks like I will have to consider making a Gluhschwanz dragon! That would be fun and expensive
ZVpCPil.png
@princesquishable "This site is free so you're not allowed to say anything meaner than 'Oh wow amazing!'" is a fallacy, dude. Nobody called the staff rude names, said they should lose their jobs or anything approaching "spiteful."

Don't assume the worst of people just because you disagree with them.
@princesquishable "This site is free so you're not allowed to say anything meaner than 'Oh wow amazing!'" is a fallacy, dude. Nobody called the staff rude names, said they should lose their jobs or anything approaching "spiteful."

Don't assume the worst of people just because you disagree with them.
8Lpal06.gif
Oh this update is absolutely stellar. I'm so thrilled y'all listened to user feedback and made a swift change to it! See, this is the kind of communication and transparency your playerbase wants out of you. Thank you for taking user feedback into account! I think the fixes look really lovely personally, and I'm excited to start scrying dragons with this new gene! :D

Also - I didn't get a chance to comment before the thread was locked before but boy howdy am I excited over the Leatherback Wave Sweeper familiar existing. It's gorgeous. I already managed to get one since I'd had both boss familiars awakened already, so I'm thrilled! But also this makes selling my extra copies of the boss fams easier too considering I train in the Kelp Beds and they drop every now and then. I've continued to wonder why the heck people buy them when they were already a little pricey but now there's even more incentive for people, which is really nice because I hate holding onto extra copies of familiars for too long. It clutters up my hoard!
Oh this update is absolutely stellar. I'm so thrilled y'all listened to user feedback and made a swift change to it! See, this is the kind of communication and transparency your playerbase wants out of you. Thank you for taking user feedback into account! I think the fixes look really lovely personally, and I'm excited to start scrying dragons with this new gene! :D

Also - I didn't get a chance to comment before the thread was locked before but boy howdy am I excited over the Leatherback Wave Sweeper familiar existing. It's gorgeous. I already managed to get one since I'd had both boss familiars awakened already, so I'm thrilled! But also this makes selling my extra copies of the boss fams easier too considering I train in the Kelp Beds and they drop every now and then. I've continued to wonder why the heck people buy them when they were already a little pricey but now there's even more incentive for people, which is really nice because I hate holding onto extra copies of familiars for too long. It clutters up my hoard!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 85 86