Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79 80
This is all the most surreal thing I have ever witnessed. I mean...my state has officially told people to stay inside starting tomorrow. Only allowed to stay with our family units. Only going out to get food or essential items. Me, applying for unemployment today. My mom officially off her job for a month. My dad being the only one with a working job at the moment. I for real had a dissociative episode earlier today because I just can't handle all of this.

Did anybody know that the states meet once or twice a month to go through the possibility of something like this happening? That's why they know what to do, and this all has become a very easy time for the government because of that? Everything has already been written up? Did you also know that they have the possibility of a zombie apocalypse happening in the same kind of meetings? I find this hilarious, but it's true. I also believe it is Canada that holds the most body bags on this continent. I forget where I learned that from. But hi, I like rambling off information when I'm freaking out. :<

I'm more worried about wth happens if my pet gets in trouble, than me getting sick. ;-; She means the utter world to me, and vets may not be operating during this time, and I'm...freaking the heck out.

I also still don't know about my healthcare. I called my staffing place today, and even they didn't know, so I'm still anxious about getting that information.

Life does not like me at the moment. ;-;
This is all the most surreal thing I have ever witnessed. I mean...my state has officially told people to stay inside starting tomorrow. Only allowed to stay with our family units. Only going out to get food or essential items. Me, applying for unemployment today. My mom officially off her job for a month. My dad being the only one with a working job at the moment. I for real had a dissociative episode earlier today because I just can't handle all of this.

Did anybody know that the states meet once or twice a month to go through the possibility of something like this happening? That's why they know what to do, and this all has become a very easy time for the government because of that? Everything has already been written up? Did you also know that they have the possibility of a zombie apocalypse happening in the same kind of meetings? I find this hilarious, but it's true. I also believe it is Canada that holds the most body bags on this continent. I forget where I learned that from. But hi, I like rambling off information when I'm freaking out. :<

I'm more worried about wth happens if my pet gets in trouble, than me getting sick. ;-; She means the utter world to me, and vets may not be operating during this time, and I'm...freaking the heck out.

I also still don't know about my healthcare. I called my staffing place today, and even they didn't know, so I'm still anxious about getting that information.

Life does not like me at the moment. ;-;
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I take care of an elderly family member so I have to stay away from everybody which is unfortunate but necessary. The province I live in has now started to fine anyone who doesn't self isolated after entering the island.
I take care of an elderly family member so I have to stay away from everybody which is unfortunate but necessary. The province I live in has now started to fine anyone who doesn't self isolated after entering the island.
Quote:
Nice job, you genetically perfect Cerberus cheerleader bosh'tet! Keelah se'lai!
I'm an emergency room registrar in New York City. It's not a clinical position, but I've still got a very unfortunate amount of close patient contact.

We have to find the patients' medical records so they can get seen in the hospital, put them into the computer, and then make sure everything on our side (address, phone, emergency contacts, and insurance) is all updated and correct. So, really, we have to talk to every single patient who comes in, not even mentioning touching IDs and cards.

New York has over 23,000 cases. NYC alone has 13,000 of those. Of course we've got PPE shortages. I'm just trying to do my job in a regular surgical mask and gloves, which I know isn't enough, but I'm not about to take up precious resources that clinical needs, and they're about to need them more, because we're getting retrofitted with more inpatient beds on unused floors.

Really? I hate to say it. I don't want to wish anything on myself.
At this point, it really does feel like it's not a matter of if I get it, but when.
I'm an emergency room registrar in New York City. It's not a clinical position, but I've still got a very unfortunate amount of close patient contact.

We have to find the patients' medical records so they can get seen in the hospital, put them into the computer, and then make sure everything on our side (address, phone, emergency contacts, and insurance) is all updated and correct. So, really, we have to talk to every single patient who comes in, not even mentioning touching IDs and cards.

New York has over 23,000 cases. NYC alone has 13,000 of those. Of course we've got PPE shortages. I'm just trying to do my job in a regular surgical mask and gloves, which I know isn't enough, but I'm not about to take up precious resources that clinical needs, and they're about to need them more, because we're getting retrofitted with more inpatient beds on unused floors.

Really? I hate to say it. I don't want to wish anything on myself.
At this point, it really does feel like it's not a matter of if I get it, but when.
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
@Amura
I dont know where you live (probably the states lol) but vets are staying open here and sure not leave any pet to die or in trouble because of Covid-19. I hope they still help pets over there .-. I would call it a crime if they dont help pets anymore. My pup needs her sterilization next week and it still stays.

Anyway people at age can be stubborn guys. And by that im talking about my mom. Anyone else dealing with the same situation? She just doesnt seem to be scared by anything at all. I know she doesnt have any health issues, she's a healthy woman. But who cant stop worrying about people over 50...
Every time i tell her to be careful she tells me how worried she was for me choosing the job i wanted to do, working in a nuclear power plant. Time they educate people to learn how safe nuclear power is these days xD

Anyway i hope it flies all over soon. I dont see anything happening to me, still need to work and do my usual stuff. I wanted to visit some places but not like i had the time for that anyway.
My hearth goes out to all the people affected by it though! Everything will be alright
@Amura
I dont know where you live (probably the states lol) but vets are staying open here and sure not leave any pet to die or in trouble because of Covid-19. I hope they still help pets over there .-. I would call it a crime if they dont help pets anymore. My pup needs her sterilization next week and it still stays.

Anyway people at age can be stubborn guys. And by that im talking about my mom. Anyone else dealing with the same situation? She just doesnt seem to be scared by anything at all. I know she doesnt have any health issues, she's a healthy woman. But who cant stop worrying about people over 50...
Every time i tell her to be careful she tells me how worried she was for me choosing the job i wanted to do, working in a nuclear power plant. Time they educate people to learn how safe nuclear power is these days xD

Anyway i hope it flies all over soon. I dont see anything happening to me, still need to work and do my usual stuff. I wanted to visit some places but not like i had the time for that anyway.
My hearth goes out to all the people affected by it though! Everything will be alright
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
These medical health workers are absolute legends. Working the frontline must be hell right now, and I pray that the cases diminish soon. I feel so bad for the people at risk (elderly, those w underlying issues) and I hope that certain people (!!) lay off the stock-piling and toilet paper race so that they have a shot at getting supplies >:((

As an aside, I'm getting worried about racism. My Mum has lived in this country for 30 years and last week was her first real encounter - she was buying vegetable seeds (gotta love that optimism) and she got berated by this man for 'being Chinese' (we're not) and 'spreading the Corona'. A friend of a friend got jumped in the street because of the way he looked. Even Trump, doubling down on his term 'Chinese virus', worries me because I just know some kids are going to take that and run with it.

Even I'm becoming a little self-conscious now. I've never really thought about my race but when I walk my dog, I can just see myself as one of the Others, a Carrier. It sucks, but I just hope it blows over soon. Stay inside everyone and be safe!
These medical health workers are absolute legends. Working the frontline must be hell right now, and I pray that the cases diminish soon. I feel so bad for the people at risk (elderly, those w underlying issues) and I hope that certain people (!!) lay off the stock-piling and toilet paper race so that they have a shot at getting supplies >:((

As an aside, I'm getting worried about racism. My Mum has lived in this country for 30 years and last week was her first real encounter - she was buying vegetable seeds (gotta love that optimism) and she got berated by this man for 'being Chinese' (we're not) and 'spreading the Corona'. A friend of a friend got jumped in the street because of the way he looked. Even Trump, doubling down on his term 'Chinese virus', worries me because I just know some kids are going to take that and run with it.

Even I'm becoming a little self-conscious now. I've never really thought about my race but when I walk my dog, I can just see myself as one of the Others, a Carrier. It sucks, but I just hope it blows over soon. Stay inside everyone and be safe!
6f38d538593917a1645ee2055c08ab22.png
as it stands i dont have a job and all my classes are online now. so id say im pretty affected.
it will probably last awhile considering allergy season is just about to come up. pollen everywhere, bring sneezing and coughing and runny everything.
as it stands i dont have a job and all my classes are online now. so id say im pretty affected.
it will probably last awhile considering allergy season is just about to come up. pollen everywhere, bring sneezing and coughing and runny everything.
epphiren.gif
blanc Nice to meet you, loser! They call me Misfire. Long story. Actually, you know what? It isn't. It's a very short story involving a machine gun, a misunderstanding, and a dozen dead Decepticons. -1 fr time

6aj4x.gif
bedrock comet
grognax.gif
I don't have insurance anymore, 'tis official. :> Why does this make me happy? Because I have better insurance in the waiting. And I feel SO much better now knowing all this. I won't get my better insurance until the first of the next month, but haah, that's in only a few days, so I'm not worried. :>

Stress level has officially gone down.
I don't have insurance anymore, 'tis official. :> Why does this make me happy? Because I have better insurance in the waiting. And I feel SO much better now knowing all this. I won't get my better insurance until the first of the next month, but haah, that's in only a few days, so I'm not worried. :>

Stress level has officially gone down.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I'm mad at the people who are taking the jokes and memes to heart. Most of us are aware of the danger but we still make jokes because that's funny and the subject is relevant :/
I'm mad at the people who are taking the jokes and memes to heart. Most of us are aware of the danger but we still make jokes because that's funny and the subject is relevant :/
Hi :) I'm flierflys
@flierfly
Completely agreed. I'd even argue that the jokes and memes about coronavirus are, essentially, "gallows humour", which is a well established method of dealing with difficult or dangerous situations by using humour. It doesn't mean people aren't taking it seriously or that they genuinely think it's funny when people get sick. It's just that sometimes you have to stop and laugh at the way things are, as the only other option is depression and despair.
@flierfly
Completely agreed. I'd even argue that the jokes and memes about coronavirus are, essentially, "gallows humour", which is a well established method of dealing with difficult or dangerous situations by using humour. It doesn't mean people aren't taking it seriously or that they genuinely think it's funny when people get sick. It's just that sometimes you have to stop and laugh at the way things are, as the only other option is depression and despair.
I have no idea what to expect from this; I've heard so many different figures from different sources and I don't think [i]anyone's[/i] going to know exactly until much further down the line, when we have treatments to kill it and vaccines to prevent it taking hold. I was almost done with my semester anyway, so there's little chance of going back to university before the start of the next academic year, if we're not still in a worldwide lockdown at that point. It isn't something that can be taken lightly, because if people start mixing with each other too early then it could break out again [s]and I've heard rumours that [i]that's[/i] the reason the virus escaped Hubei to begin with[/s] [quote name="Ruan" date="2020-03-24 10:33:25" ] @ flierfly Completely agreed. I'd even argue that the jokes and memes about coronavirus are, essentially, "gallows humour", which is a well established method of dealing with difficult or dangerous situations by using humour. It doesn't mean people aren't taking it seriously or that they genuinely think it's funny when people get sick. It's just that sometimes you have to stop and laugh at the way things are, as the only other option is depression and despair. [/quote] To me, the indication someone isn't taking it seriously is when they ignore the call to self-isolate and indirectly force the whole country into lockdown. /shrug But yeah, gallows humour is really interesting to me... Humanity doesn't change; I learned a few morbid little rhymes about the Spanish flu from a tumblr post today fdkhjgf
I have no idea what to expect from this; I've heard so many different figures from different sources and I don't think anyone's going to know exactly until much further down the line, when we have treatments to kill it and vaccines to prevent it taking hold. I was almost done with my semester anyway, so there's little chance of going back to university before the start of the next academic year, if we're not still in a worldwide lockdown at that point. It isn't something that can be taken lightly, because if people start mixing with each other too early then it could break out again and I've heard rumours that that's the reason the virus escaped Hubei to begin with

Ruan wrote on 2020-03-24 10:33:25:
@ flierfly

To me, the indication someone isn't taking it seriously is when they ignore the call to self-isolate and indirectly force the whole country into lockdown. /shrug

But yeah, gallows humour is really interesting to me... Humanity doesn't change; I learned a few morbid little rhymes about the Spanish flu from a tumblr post today fdkhjgf
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79 80