Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79 80
My kid's hospital internship & school clinicals were both cancelled.

I just hope her HS graduation is still on in May... and I have to wonder if it'll be virtual... Click here to walk & receive your diploma.

Her grandparents may not get to come if there is a ceremony - they're all over 70 and have to fly or take a train.

Then there's the annual book festival cancelled. And any gathering larger than 49 people.

Sigh
My kid's hospital internship & school clinicals were both cancelled.

I just hope her HS graduation is still on in May... and I have to wonder if it'll be virtual... Click here to walk & receive your diploma.

Her grandparents may not get to come if there is a ceremony - they're all over 70 and have to fly or take a train.

Then there's the annual book festival cancelled. And any gathering larger than 49 people.

Sigh
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
Hoping it won't last too long. My college shut down campus for the rest of the semester, but will still feed and house people who don't want to go home. I chose to stay because the rest of my friends are staying here, so it's no big deal to me.
I really want to see my girlfriend since flights are cheap at the moment, but I'm poor and can't really do that just yet <:(

On campus, even though student org meetings are cancelled, an underground group of us are trying to host some stuff to keep us entertained and not bored on campus. So, that's the bright side to all of this.

I'm just worried about my mom, my hometown where she lives is the city with the most cases in the state at the moment. She works downtown so it worries me she could catch it, and her lungs and body aren't in the best condition. I'm just worried about her.
Oh, they also quarantined my uncle for now. He went to japan and with all of this he's under quarantine for a few weeks to make sure he doesn't have it.
Hoping it won't last too long. My college shut down campus for the rest of the semester, but will still feed and house people who don't want to go home. I chose to stay because the rest of my friends are staying here, so it's no big deal to me.
I really want to see my girlfriend since flights are cheap at the moment, but I'm poor and can't really do that just yet <:(

On campus, even though student org meetings are cancelled, an underground group of us are trying to host some stuff to keep us entertained and not bored on campus. So, that's the bright side to all of this.

I'm just worried about my mom, my hometown where she lives is the city with the most cases in the state at the moment. She works downtown so it worries me she could catch it, and her lungs and body aren't in the best condition. I'm just worried about her.
Oh, they also quarantined my uncle for now. He went to japan and with all of this he's under quarantine for a few weeks to make sure he doesn't have it.
aa.gif
This is worth repeating: [quote name="coopdrifter" date="2020-03-14 14:43:05" ] i hope everybody is feeling well today. if it's ok to say, i love you all. this will get better eventually. we just have to hold on until then. take all of the necessary precautions, and take care of yourselves [/quote] [emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1]
This is worth repeating:
coopdrifter wrote on 2020-03-14 14:43:05:
i hope everybody is feeling well today. if it's ok to say, i love you all. this will get better eventually. we just have to hold on until then. take all of the necessary precautions, and take care of yourselves

b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
I really hope it won't last long.. I work(ed?) in a school and now, because my governor (Ohio) decided all schools are closed for three weeks. He may have changed his mind too, saying indefinite closure. For someone in an education profession (student aide), this is terrifying. I don't know if I'm getting paid for this... and because of that, I don't know how I'm going to put food on my table, keep my lights on, keep the roof over my head, and take care of my cat.

It makes me incredibly nervous and my employer won't tell us anything- not even if we'll be paid. I had a meeting last Friday to discuss that, but they didn't address those concerns at all. I was only working for a week and then this all blew up. All of this makes me very nervous.

My boyfriend also isn't much of a help... in fact, he scared me so badly that I broke down sobbing because I fear for my livelihood. He said he was trying to help and make me more aware, but.. it didn't help. it made me even more worried. I know his heart was in the right place, but the way he went about it really screwed me up.

...on the bright side, at least I have time to be creative and work on a personal project I'd put off?
But on the flip side of that, that much free time is making me anxious. I've been pacing as I wrote all this.
I really hope it won't last long.. I work(ed?) in a school and now, because my governor (Ohio) decided all schools are closed for three weeks. He may have changed his mind too, saying indefinite closure. For someone in an education profession (student aide), this is terrifying. I don't know if I'm getting paid for this... and because of that, I don't know how I'm going to put food on my table, keep my lights on, keep the roof over my head, and take care of my cat.

It makes me incredibly nervous and my employer won't tell us anything- not even if we'll be paid. I had a meeting last Friday to discuss that, but they didn't address those concerns at all. I was only working for a week and then this all blew up. All of this makes me very nervous.

My boyfriend also isn't much of a help... in fact, he scared me so badly that I broke down sobbing because I fear for my livelihood. He said he was trying to help and make me more aware, but.. it didn't help. it made me even more worried. I know his heart was in the right place, but the way he went about it really screwed me up.

...on the bright side, at least I have time to be creative and work on a personal project I'd put off?
But on the flip side of that, that much free time is making me anxious. I've been pacing as I wrote all this.
waldo_2.png MusicalDreamer.png
I just noticed this now but I’ve got a musical theatre camp in the summer that might be cancelled because of all of this.

Hopefully it all passes soon and doesn’t end up being another plague.
I just noticed this now but I’ve got a musical theatre camp in the summer that might be cancelled because of all of this.

Hopefully it all passes soon and doesn’t end up being another plague.
@FeatheredVulpine

That’s terrible! I hope for the best for you along with everyone else.

Remember to wash your hands and have hand sanitizer!
@FeatheredVulpine

That’s terrible! I hope for the best for you along with everyone else.

Remember to wash your hands and have hand sanitizer!
Started strategically planning on how to go supply/grocery shopping. People are still frantically hoarding and panic-buying, so we've planned out to just go out at 5-6am on a Wednesday or Thursday when the stores first open, hoping that people will still have work in some capacity (home or otherwise) during the week and that we can shop stress-free. My boyfriend works graveyard (and had his hours cut in half) and I can't work due to the rain (outdoors job), so we should be able to easily pull this off time-wise. We don't intend to hoard and never will. Thankfully, no one panic-buys from the 7-11 next door or else we would never be able to buy milk in these times.
Started strategically planning on how to go supply/grocery shopping. People are still frantically hoarding and panic-buying, so we've planned out to just go out at 5-6am on a Wednesday or Thursday when the stores first open, hoping that people will still have work in some capacity (home or otherwise) during the week and that we can shop stress-free. My boyfriend works graveyard (and had his hours cut in half) and I can't work due to the rain (outdoors job), so we should be able to easily pull this off time-wise. We don't intend to hoard and never will. Thankfully, no one panic-buys from the 7-11 next door or else we would never be able to buy milk in these times.
cormbreb-FRsig.png
I just had a bit of happy news in my work email, and I feel like sharing. I'm taking a grad class for my teaching license renewal, and I've been enjoying it so, so much. My professor emailed all of us and said we'd be trying to do class even with the closures, via Zoom, and we'd be emailing them the assignments that are due. And, we still have writing circle! Not sure what we're doing next week, but knowing that I will still have that little piece of normalcy, even though it's in an unconventional way, has made me feel a lot better this afternoon.

Now I just have to make sure I get my homework done!
I just had a bit of happy news in my work email, and I feel like sharing. I'm taking a grad class for my teaching license renewal, and I've been enjoying it so, so much. My professor emailed all of us and said we'd be trying to do class even with the closures, via Zoom, and we'd be emailing them the assignments that are due. And, we still have writing circle! Not sure what we're doing next week, but knowing that I will still have that little piece of normalcy, even though it's in an unconventional way, has made me feel a lot better this afternoon.

Now I just have to make sure I get my homework done!
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
everything's gone from stores, people are panic buying and the chaos is amazing.
everything's gone from stores, people are panic buying and the chaos is amazing.
3Lr6Rsp.png
I live in England and people in my town have started wearing plastic gloves to go to the shops in fear of touching any sort of surface that might be contaminated. on top of all the crazed toilet paper, hand soap and hand sanitiser hoarding, my local pharmacist has started placing buying restrictions on those items (and probably on vitamins soon as well, I saw a lady buy four tubes of vitamin c the other day). in the capital (London) people have been spotted wearing buckets on their head in the trains T_T

personally my exams - I'm a postgrad student - have been postponed indefinitely but life generally still goes on as normal.
I live in England and people in my town have started wearing plastic gloves to go to the shops in fear of touching any sort of surface that might be contaminated. on top of all the crazed toilet paper, hand soap and hand sanitiser hoarding, my local pharmacist has started placing buying restrictions on those items (and probably on vitamins soon as well, I saw a lady buy four tubes of vitamin c the other day). in the capital (London) people have been spotted wearing buckets on their head in the trains T_T

personally my exams - I'm a postgrad student - have been postponed indefinitely but life generally still goes on as normal.
7zcCDc4.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79 80