Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | embarrasing stories?
1 2 3 4
Aight, let's see... this is the first thing that came to mind.

It happend well over 10 years ago. It was after school and I was in the city, taking a walk towards where one of my parents used to work at. I cross the street, onto the sidewalk and take a right towards the town's square.
I'm minding my own business when a few steps later, I hear a car honking. For some reason I turn around and see this woman, who stopped her car near the sidewalk and she says
''Hey, do you need a ride?,'' she goes. Her voice was a little raised and I could swear she was looking at me.
I was confused (who in the hell was that?) and I said ''No, thank you, I'm alright!''
She says something back. I couldn't hear, so I said, louder ''What?'' and I was deada$$ about to walk towards her.
The sheer embarassment I felt when I realized she was, infact, NOT TALKING TO ME, but at a person BEHIND ME (who I didn't even... hear?) was just-... oh wow.
I turned around, walked away feeling like SUCH an idiot hhahahaha
Aight, let's see... this is the first thing that came to mind.

It happend well over 10 years ago. It was after school and I was in the city, taking a walk towards where one of my parents used to work at. I cross the street, onto the sidewalk and take a right towards the town's square.
I'm minding my own business when a few steps later, I hear a car honking. For some reason I turn around and see this woman, who stopped her car near the sidewalk and she says
''Hey, do you need a ride?,'' she goes. Her voice was a little raised and I could swear she was looking at me.
I was confused (who in the hell was that?) and I said ''No, thank you, I'm alright!''
She says something back. I couldn't hear, so I said, louder ''What?'' and I was deada$$ about to walk towards her.
The sheer embarassment I felt when I realized she was, infact, NOT TALKING TO ME, but at a person BEHIND ME (who I didn't even... hear?) was just-... oh wow.
I turned around, walked away feeling like SUCH an idiot hhahahaha
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
Most recent:

We just moved into a new apartment. I absolutely love it except for one thing..
The toilet paper roll holder in the bathroom is about 3 feet away from the toilet.
On the first day, I went into the bathroom and, too late, found I couldn't reach the roll from the toilet. I leaned to try to grab some.. and ended up falling to the floor.
Loudly.
No pants.

I now keep a second toilet paper roll on the shelf, which is much closer. The boyfriend keeps complaining that he's confused by the multiple t.p. rolls but it works for me.

most embarrasing:
So this past Halloween, I went to my first rager house party. It was my boyfriend's co-workers' party, so I didn't know anyone there. He took off to who-knows-where, so I decided to mingle and play some drinking games.
Tipsy me does not keep track of how many drinks I've had.
I had a jack Daniel's coke, two white claws, a blood and honey, a shot of crown, I played pong, and then the finale. I played a couple rounds of chandeliers.
And lost every round I played.
So not only would I finish my drink, I would have to drink the 'mystery pot' after each round. It was a full solo cup of all kinds of liquors, but overwhelmingly tasted of fireball.
*gags just typing the word fireball*
About 20 minutes after my last round of chandeliers, I had that 'oh ****' feeling and ran to the bathroom. Passed out with my face on the toilet seat. Boyfriend finally comes back and drags me out (I had been holding up the bathroom line) and into the spare room.
And then I go cold and my lips and hands start turning blue.
Boyfriend tried to call an ambulance for me. I screamed at him because I didn't have health insurance and couldn't possibly afford that.
So instead they give me an industrial bucket to be sick in. I passed out at least 5 times with my head in that bucket, with my boyfriend slapping me awake each time. There was an audience at the door making sure I kept breathing, coming back in shifts. I was sick for hours. They set up a bed for me long after the party ended.
And then finally, I was sick one last time..
And it completely went away. I sobered up and was able to get up and walk into the kitchen. The host stared at me like I was a ghost.
I had ruined my costume, and the carpet in some spots in the guest room.
I had a total of 12 drinks that night.
I'm 5'2 and 110 lbs.
They were shocked I didn't die that night. Every time I see them they cheer and yell 'she's alive!'.
So that's what I'm known for in that group.
Is getting stupid drunk and nearly killing myself. And yelling at them for trying to help me.
Most recent:

We just moved into a new apartment. I absolutely love it except for one thing..
The toilet paper roll holder in the bathroom is about 3 feet away from the toilet.
On the first day, I went into the bathroom and, too late, found I couldn't reach the roll from the toilet. I leaned to try to grab some.. and ended up falling to the floor.
Loudly.
No pants.

I now keep a second toilet paper roll on the shelf, which is much closer. The boyfriend keeps complaining that he's confused by the multiple t.p. rolls but it works for me.

most embarrasing:
So this past Halloween, I went to my first rager house party. It was my boyfriend's co-workers' party, so I didn't know anyone there. He took off to who-knows-where, so I decided to mingle and play some drinking games.
Tipsy me does not keep track of how many drinks I've had.
I had a jack Daniel's coke, two white claws, a blood and honey, a shot of crown, I played pong, and then the finale. I played a couple rounds of chandeliers.
And lost every round I played.
So not only would I finish my drink, I would have to drink the 'mystery pot' after each round. It was a full solo cup of all kinds of liquors, but overwhelmingly tasted of fireball.
*gags just typing the word fireball*
About 20 minutes after my last round of chandeliers, I had that 'oh ****' feeling and ran to the bathroom. Passed out with my face on the toilet seat. Boyfriend finally comes back and drags me out (I had been holding up the bathroom line) and into the spare room.
And then I go cold and my lips and hands start turning blue.
Boyfriend tried to call an ambulance for me. I screamed at him because I didn't have health insurance and couldn't possibly afford that.
So instead they give me an industrial bucket to be sick in. I passed out at least 5 times with my head in that bucket, with my boyfriend slapping me awake each time. There was an audience at the door making sure I kept breathing, coming back in shifts. I was sick for hours. They set up a bed for me long after the party ended.
And then finally, I was sick one last time..
And it completely went away. I sobered up and was able to get up and walk into the kitchen. The host stared at me like I was a ghost.
I had ruined my costume, and the carpet in some spots in the guest room.
I had a total of 12 drinks that night.
I'm 5'2 and 110 lbs.
They were shocked I didn't die that night. Every time I see them they cheer and yell 'she's alive!'.
So that's what I'm known for in that group.
Is getting stupid drunk and nearly killing myself. And yelling at them for trying to help me.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
[quote name="SocklessWonder" date="2019-12-30 14:28:10" ] I've done this embarrassing thing...more than once, let's say... I'm walking along in a store, talking to the family member(s) who's with me. We're talking about anything...the object of our search, politics, religion, how crowded the store is, etc. I sense quiet in my companion(s) and turn around and notice only a non-family member person. They are staring at me. I've apparently been talking...to myself...for quite some time and they find it strange. I immediately rush off to find the family member(s) who's suddenly made a turn and found something interesting without telling me. They are unconcerned with my appearing to be insane in public. I die a little inside. [/quote] I remember one time when I was the non-family member in this scenario It was two elderly women and I was wearing a shirt the same colour as the one that got left behind The look on the woman's face when she realised I wasn't who she thought I was was kinda funny but also made me want to die inside especially since the other woman kept shouting at the first one for leaving her behind
SocklessWonder wrote on 2019-12-30 14:28:10:
I've done this embarrassing thing...more than once, let's say...

I'm walking along in a store, talking to the family member(s) who's with me. We're talking about anything...the object of our search, politics, religion, how crowded the store is, etc.

I sense quiet in my companion(s) and turn around and notice only a non-family member person. They are staring at me. I've apparently been talking...to myself...for quite some time and they find it strange.

I immediately rush off to find the family member(s) who's suddenly made a turn and found something interesting without telling me. They are unconcerned with my appearing to be insane in public. I die a little inside.
I remember one time when I was the non-family member in this scenario

It was two elderly women and I was wearing a shirt the same colour as the one that got left behind

The look on the woman's face when she realised I wasn't who she thought I was was kinda funny but also made me want to die inside

especially since the other woman kept shouting at the first one for leaving her behind
I4TUkY9.png
I know this one isn't really my fault, but still. The only time I have ever fainted, I was standing around in incredibly hot weather listening to a speech at a rally. I locked my knees like an idiot and passed out. There was a small child standing in front of me and I fell right on him (and I weigh like 200 pounds). He wasn't hurt but it was still horrible. Plus, I kind of have a fear of looking vulnerable in front of people I don't know, so the fact that I fainted in public was... yeah.
I know this one isn't really my fault, but still. The only time I have ever fainted, I was standing around in incredibly hot weather listening to a speech at a rally. I locked my knees like an idiot and passed out. There was a small child standing in front of me and I fell right on him (and I weigh like 200 pounds). He wasn't hurt but it was still horrible. Plus, I kind of have a fear of looking vulnerable in front of people I don't know, so the fact that I fainted in public was... yeah.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
8th grade, my english teacher asked me to grab a book from her car. She pointed to her car and described it. Off I go.

So, I get to the parking lot and notice her car is unlocked. Weird. So I'm digging in her back seat for a while looking for this book, but all I see is history books.

I look up to see like a whole class staring at me. Oh well. I go back empty handed and explain the situation.

Apparently, no surprise to readers, I was in the wrong car. Luck be, my english teacher and the honors history teacher had the same car. Parked in the same area but the history teacher always left her car unlocked.

I dont know what happened after this. Hopefully she started locking her car. I was red. Super red and just didnt want to talk to anyone the rest of that day (last class anyway).
8th grade, my english teacher asked me to grab a book from her car. She pointed to her car and described it. Off I go.

So, I get to the parking lot and notice her car is unlocked. Weird. So I'm digging in her back seat for a while looking for this book, but all I see is history books.

I look up to see like a whole class staring at me. Oh well. I go back empty handed and explain the situation.

Apparently, no surprise to readers, I was in the wrong car. Luck be, my english teacher and the honors history teacher had the same car. Parked in the same area but the history teacher always left her car unlocked.

I dont know what happened after this. Hopefully she started locking her car. I was red. Super red and just didnt want to talk to anyone the rest of that day (last class anyway).
A pot fell on my head whilst I was protecting my dog from it and I had to get sutures. I still have the scars.

Forgot a line or two in the middle of my monologue while performing to my seventh grade class. I nailed that monologue every time during rehearsal and practice.

I got pinworms once...

I’ve thrown several tantrums that have resulted in broken walls.

I have a small scar from when I burnt my finger whilst making ramen. I have another on my arm from making popcorn.

I have fallen in the school cafeteria. Twice.
A pot fell on my head whilst I was protecting my dog from it and I had to get sutures. I still have the scars.

Forgot a line or two in the middle of my monologue while performing to my seventh grade class. I nailed that monologue every time during rehearsal and practice.

I got pinworms once...

I’ve thrown several tantrums that have resulted in broken walls.

I have a small scar from when I burnt my finger whilst making ramen. I have another on my arm from making popcorn.

I have fallen in the school cafeteria. Twice.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
I once had a major tantrum when I was like 6 that sent little screaming and crying me almost back to the car :,l that memory still hurts a bit.

Also mistaking other people for my siblings and then get weird stares back. I could probably write a whole book with how many times I did that.

Dropping a bowl of boiling hot soup onto my hand and on the floor because I have noodle arms and couldn't support the weight of the tiny bowl with liquid. Curse my noodle arms.

And lastly before I die in a puddle of shame:
when I didn't know what the middle finger was and kept showing it to everyone and saying "Hey! Do you know what this means? I don't. Can you tell me?" I want to dig a little hole and stare at the dirt walls forever in that moment.
I once had a major tantrum when I was like 6 that sent little screaming and crying me almost back to the car :,l that memory still hurts a bit.

Also mistaking other people for my siblings and then get weird stares back. I could probably write a whole book with how many times I did that.

Dropping a bowl of boiling hot soup onto my hand and on the floor because I have noodle arms and couldn't support the weight of the tiny bowl with liquid. Curse my noodle arms.

And lastly before I die in a puddle of shame:
when I didn't know what the middle finger was and kept showing it to everyone and saying "Hey! Do you know what this means? I don't. Can you tell me?" I want to dig a little hole and stare at the dirt walls forever in that moment.
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
I just did this a couple minutes ago, how's that?
I just did this a couple minutes ago, how's that?
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
The worst thing that happened to me was my class found out I was *le gasp* a furry

I had just gotten over a friendship, and I was doing pretty ok. The kid was an idiot, smoked pot, would randomly scream "hail satan" etc, pretty much the classic middle-school "bad boy' wannabe. I was just starting to thrive when people started looking at me weird. It sort of spiraled until they were shouting at me in the halls, they would make hate-posts about me, one kid even whipped a dodgeball purposefully at my face screaming "FURRY!" Just... ugh. I've since switched schools and even though a few kids from my original school are here no one knows. I'm trying to keep it that way, so far only one person found out but I managed to shut them up before anyone heard them.
The worst thing that happened to me was my class found out I was *le gasp* a furry

I had just gotten over a friendship, and I was doing pretty ok. The kid was an idiot, smoked pot, would randomly scream "hail satan" etc, pretty much the classic middle-school "bad boy' wannabe. I was just starting to thrive when people started looking at me weird. It sort of spiraled until they were shouting at me in the halls, they would make hate-posts about me, one kid even whipped a dodgeball purposefully at my face screaming "FURRY!" Just... ugh. I've since switched schools and even though a few kids from my original school are here no one knows. I'm trying to keep it that way, so far only one person found out but I managed to shut them up before anyone heard them.
Cm7mzhQ.png FR + 3iDktb2b.png
Hm. I know I have a lot but most I've forgotten. Oh well, let's see.

Freshman year of high school, I was walking to my next class and tried going up some stairs. I tripped and fell forwards, thankfully I remained on my feet but the corner of my binder dug into my neck and it hurt the rest of the day. Also the halls were crammed with people who just... watched it happen.

Sometime in middle school I was shopping for groceries with my mom and brother. While waiting in the check out line I got really bored and decided to dab. Upon doing so, I whacked a kid (who had walked behind me) in the face. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I think about this one a lot.

Seventh grade spanish social studies. I had to do a presentation in spanish (obviously) and I've never been good with that sort of thing but this time was... stinky. I was already super nervous but I started talking anyway. You know how teachers are always like "don't read off your slides" (which completely invalidates the time I spent making them but whatever I guess)? Well yeah my teacher said that. I tried for about 2 sentences before I had to look back to what I had written down. At this point my nerves were so bad that I couldn't read nor form words correctly and I started stumbling a lot. Nothing coherent was coming out of my mouth. I was on the verge of tears and some classmates tried giving me a thumbs-up as encouragement but that just made me feel worse. I don't remember much after this point, I think I talked to my teacher for a bit before sitting back down, presentation unfinished. I dropped out of that class a month or so later.

Also sometime in middle school, but this time in the cafeteria. We all sat in our own little groups during lunch at separate tables, and sometimes a whole table would burst into song if it was someone's birthday. It was customary for the whole cafeteria to catch on and wish this person a happy birthday. But not for me. My friend group consisted of what you'd call the "social outcasts" in my grade. So they started singing happy birthday for me and my sister (we share a birthday). Others around us joined in. Awesome, right? Until they realized who had started the song. Then everyone stopped singing, leaving my sweet friends silent and disheartened. I'm still salty about this one. If someone could explain to me why middle schoolers are so terrible, that'd be great.

All the way back in Kindergarten I fell asleep during recess, and no one woke me up? Like... what okay? Anyway I opened my eyes to see an empty playground and a random lady sitting on a bench. I went to ask her if everyone went inside, and she said something along the lines of "I'm sorry sweetie, I haven't seen anyone."
So I went to the classroom and knocked on the door. Some kid opened it and it swung out to bonk me in the face, causing my nose to bleed profusely.

School is just a cesspool of embarrassment tbh

edit: did not mean to bump this thread oopsie
Hm. I know I have a lot but most I've forgotten. Oh well, let's see.

Freshman year of high school, I was walking to my next class and tried going up some stairs. I tripped and fell forwards, thankfully I remained on my feet but the corner of my binder dug into my neck and it hurt the rest of the day. Also the halls were crammed with people who just... watched it happen.

Sometime in middle school I was shopping for groceries with my mom and brother. While waiting in the check out line I got really bored and decided to dab. Upon doing so, I whacked a kid (who had walked behind me) in the face. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I think about this one a lot.

Seventh grade spanish social studies. I had to do a presentation in spanish (obviously) and I've never been good with that sort of thing but this time was... stinky. I was already super nervous but I started talking anyway. You know how teachers are always like "don't read off your slides" (which completely invalidates the time I spent making them but whatever I guess)? Well yeah my teacher said that. I tried for about 2 sentences before I had to look back to what I had written down. At this point my nerves were so bad that I couldn't read nor form words correctly and I started stumbling a lot. Nothing coherent was coming out of my mouth. I was on the verge of tears and some classmates tried giving me a thumbs-up as encouragement but that just made me feel worse. I don't remember much after this point, I think I talked to my teacher for a bit before sitting back down, presentation unfinished. I dropped out of that class a month or so later.

Also sometime in middle school, but this time in the cafeteria. We all sat in our own little groups during lunch at separate tables, and sometimes a whole table would burst into song if it was someone's birthday. It was customary for the whole cafeteria to catch on and wish this person a happy birthday. But not for me. My friend group consisted of what you'd call the "social outcasts" in my grade. So they started singing happy birthday for me and my sister (we share a birthday). Others around us joined in. Awesome, right? Until they realized who had started the song. Then everyone stopped singing, leaving my sweet friends silent and disheartened. I'm still salty about this one. If someone could explain to me why middle schoolers are so terrible, that'd be great.

All the way back in Kindergarten I fell asleep during recess, and no one woke me up? Like... what okay? Anyway I opened my eyes to see an empty playground and a random lady sitting on a bench. I went to ask her if everyone went inside, and she said something along the lines of "I'm sorry sweetie, I haven't seen anyone."
So I went to the classroom and knocked on the door. Some kid opened it and it swung out to bonk me in the face, causing my nose to bleed profusely.

School is just a cesspool of embarrassment tbh

edit: did not mean to bump this thread oopsie
Ot3Ahks.jpg
1 2 3 4