Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Did You Know...
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote name="@Imtiredoof111" date="2019-12-01 20:25:18" ] Did you know that snails have teeth? Its a shocking fact cuz i thought they were teethless And barbies name isnt barbie, its barbra [/quote] Snails don't actually have teeth, they have a raspy tongue that they use to scrape up their food c: It kinda has the texture of sandpaper! :D Here's a closeup! :3 [img]https://live.staticflickr.com/5215/5384247469_899653eef0_b.jpg[/img]
@Imtiredoof111 wrote on 2019-12-01 20:25:18:
Did you know that snails have teeth?
Its a shocking fact cuz i thought they were teethless

And barbies name isnt barbie, its barbra

Snails don't actually have teeth, they have a raspy tongue that they use to scrape up their food c: It kinda has the texture of sandpaper! :D
Here's a closeup! :3
5384247469_899653eef0_b.jpg
underskrift-geo.png
[quote name="CrystalCatStudio" date="2019-12-02 06:15:01" ] Snakes Dislocate their jaw to swallow larger prey [/quote] Cool fact, but it is wrongly worded. Snakes do not dislocate or unhinge their jaws, that's a common misinformation. Snakes do have the ability to open their mouth really wide, but they do no dislocate their jaws. Snakes' jaw bones are separated. Snakes have an additional bone between the jaw and skull, which allows them to open their mouths much wider than a human can. Instead of being attached with bone or being one piece, the two sides of the jaw are attached only with stretchy ligaments. The right and left sides of the jaw do not meet in the middle, allowing each side to move independently of the other. When eating a meal, particularly one that is much larger than himself, the snake will "walk" the right and left lower jaw, one after the other, up the body of his prey. In a nutshell: The skull of a snake is a very complex structure, with numerous joints to allow the snake to swallow prey far larger than its head. Here's a picture showing the segments. [img]https://i.ibb.co/s93yLqC/400px-Python-gab-fbi.png[/img]
CrystalCatStudio wrote on 2019-12-02 06:15:01:
Snakes Dislocate their jaw to swallow larger prey

Cool fact, but it is wrongly worded. Snakes do not dislocate or unhinge their jaws, that's a common misinformation. Snakes do have the ability to open their mouth really wide, but they do no dislocate their jaws. Snakes' jaw bones are separated. Snakes have an additional bone between the jaw and skull, which allows them to open their mouths much wider than a human can. Instead of being attached with bone or being one piece, the two sides of the jaw are attached only with stretchy ligaments. The right and left sides of the jaw do not meet in the middle, allowing each side to move independently of the other. When eating a meal, particularly one that is much larger than himself, the snake will "walk" the right and left lower jaw, one after the other, up the body of his prey.

In a nutshell: The skull of a snake is a very complex structure, with numerous joints to allow the snake to swallow prey far larger than its head.
Here's a picture showing the segments.
400px-Python-gab-fbi.png
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
cOoL @cordifolium
Thanks for correcting me
@-@
And that tongue looks impressive ;w;
cOoL @cordifolium
Thanks for correcting me
@-@
And that tongue looks impressive ;w;
I want
cookies
[quote name="cordifolium" date="2019-12-03 03:17:35" ] [quote name="@Imtiredoof111" date="2019-12-01 20:25:18" ] Did you know that snails have teeth? Its a shocking fact cuz i thought they were teethless And barbies name isnt barbie, its barbra [/quote] Snails don't actually have teeth, they have a raspy tongue that they use to scrape up their food c: It kinda has the texture of sandpaper! :D Here's a closeup! :3 I THOUGHT THOSE WERE NUNS [img]https://live.staticflickr.com/5215/5384247469_899653eef0_b.jpg[/img] [/quote]
cordifolium wrote on 2019-12-03 03:17:35:
@Imtiredoof111 wrote on 2019-12-01 20:25:18:
Did you know that snails have teeth?
Its a shocking fact cuz i thought they were teethless

And barbies name isnt barbie, its barbra

Snails don't actually have teeth, they have a raspy tongue that they use to scrape up their food c: It kinda has the texture of sandpaper! :D
Here's a closeup! :3

I THOUGHT THOSE WERE NUNS
5384247469_899653eef0_b.jpg
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
The snails tongue is.....looking like fingers ;n;
Anyone agree with me?
The snails tongue is.....looking like fingers ;n;
Anyone agree with me?
I want
cookies
[quote name="ProwlerBC" date="2019-12-01 20:28:46" ] Moray eels have jaws in their throat that they shoot out to catch prey. Good luck sleeping tonight [/quote] I feel a little nauseated at this news... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/iBipNzU.png[/img][/center] Is anyone else getting an [i]Alien[/i] vibe?
ProwlerBC wrote on 2019-12-01 20:28:46:
Moray eels have jaws in their throat that they shoot out to catch prey.

Good luck sleeping tonight

I feel a little nauseated at this news...
iBipNzU.png
Is anyone else getting an Alien vibe?
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
"Pattern of stars that make up shapes" aren't technically constellations. The sky is sectioned off, kinda like a map, and the stars in those distinct borders are constellations, and they can make up shapes (and often do). A group of stars that make up a picture is actually an asterism. An example of this would be the difference between Ursa Major (a constellation, which also looks like a bear) and the Big Dipper (a small asterism which is inside of the constellation Ursa Major). Asterisms can also stretch across multiple constellations, such as the Summer Triangle, which is formed by the three bright stars Deneb, Altair, and Vega (each of which are in a different constellation, at least I think...).
Example pics: x x x x x (linked 'cuz there were quite a few pics)
"Pattern of stars that make up shapes" aren't technically constellations. The sky is sectioned off, kinda like a map, and the stars in those distinct borders are constellations, and they can make up shapes (and often do). A group of stars that make up a picture is actually an asterism. An example of this would be the difference between Ursa Major (a constellation, which also looks like a bear) and the Big Dipper (a small asterism which is inside of the constellation Ursa Major). Asterisms can also stretch across multiple constellations, such as the Summer Triangle, which is formed by the three bright stars Deneb, Altair, and Vega (each of which are in a different constellation, at least I think...).
Example pics: x x x x x (linked 'cuz there were quite a few pics)
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
thanks astronomy ....
thanks astronomy ....
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
A bit more of an odd and I guess sort of creepy yet common one. Did you know that the dust in your house is made of around 70-80% dead skin cells. This means that whenever you're breathing freely in your home you're breathing a decent bit of dead skin cells from a miz of yourself, roommates, and pets like cats and dogs. Enjoy :)
A bit more of an odd and I guess sort of creepy yet common one. Did you know that the dust in your house is made of around 70-80% dead skin cells. This means that whenever you're breathing freely in your home you're breathing a decent bit of dead skin cells from a miz of yourself, roommates, and pets like cats and dogs. Enjoy :)
Hi, just wanted to say hi and have a nice day :)
Falling coconuts kill 150 people a year, fifteen times more than sharks.
The ottoman empire and Nintendo existed at the same time.
Falling coconuts kill 150 people a year, fifteen times more than sharks.
The ottoman empire and Nintendo existed at the same time.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12