Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28
Support! I especially like the idea of it being a gem MP item for 50-75g, or a treasure MP item worth roughly the same (50-75kt). (In fact, I'd imagine it'd serve well as another treasure sink! I know I'd happily be throwing a lot of my treasure at it. lol) Renting nests is nerve wracking as...

1) Life happens. A person could, for whatever reason, go inactive, and then you're either stuck with dragons that you don't want, or your dragons never get returned to you.

2) If you want to breed dragons that are highly valuable (low digits id's, G1 imperials, etc.) outside of your flight, there's the risk of the person blocking you and keeping the valuable dragon(s) for themself or to sell.

3) There's the whole social aspect of nest renting. There are people who play FR that just want to do their thing and not talk to anyone. There are also people (like myself) who just have really bad social anxiety and don't like "bothering" other people.

4) This one's minor, but when you're aiming to hatch a nest on a specific date, you don't have to worry about the other person forgetting to incubate a day or two and the nest hatching late.
Support! I especially like the idea of it being a gem MP item for 50-75g, or a treasure MP item worth roughly the same (50-75kt). (In fact, I'd imagine it'd serve well as another treasure sink! I know I'd happily be throwing a lot of my treasure at it. lol) Renting nests is nerve wracking as...

1) Life happens. A person could, for whatever reason, go inactive, and then you're either stuck with dragons that you don't want, or your dragons never get returned to you.

2) If you want to breed dragons that are highly valuable (low digits id's, G1 imperials, etc.) outside of your flight, there's the risk of the person blocking you and keeping the valuable dragon(s) for themself or to sell.

3) There's the whole social aspect of nest renting. There are people who play FR that just want to do their thing and not talk to anyone. There are also people (like myself) who just have really bad social anxiety and don't like "bothering" other people.

4) This one's minor, but when you're aiming to hatch a nest on a specific date, you don't have to worry about the other person forgetting to incubate a day or two and the nest hatching late.
If something like this was implemented I would come back to the site properly after a multi-year semi-hiatus and start breeding immediately. The main reason I keep drifting away from FR is that I enjoy breeding projects and care about eye colors but the process of constantly renting nests is tedious and makes the entire gameplay experience frustrating. Please let me breed different eye colors myself!
If something like this was implemented I would come back to the site properly after a multi-year semi-hiatus and start breeding immediately. The main reason I keep drifting away from FR is that I enjoy breeding projects and care about eye colors but the process of constantly renting nests is tedious and makes the entire gameplay experience frustrating. Please let me breed different eye colors myself!
I support this wholly or any other way for us players to securely rent nests from others. As stated above, we have no assurance our dragons will ever come back each time we rent them out. As someone who cares greatly about the color of my hatchlings' eyes, it is nerve-wracking to put your trust into someone else; a feature that is fully unsupported by FR by the way. To have a way to securely do this or even pay to do it myself would be a massive improvement.

I recently lost a pair thanks to this exact thing. I used a popular nest-renting thread like so many others and the person that hosted my pair was banned. Staff says there is nothing they can do to get my dragons back. They are simply stuck in a dead lair. I feel this fix would be a great way to prevent this from happening ever again to myself and others.
I support this wholly or any other way for us players to securely rent nests from others. As stated above, we have no assurance our dragons will ever come back each time we rent them out. As someone who cares greatly about the color of my hatchlings' eyes, it is nerve-wracking to put your trust into someone else; a feature that is fully unsupported by FR by the way. To have a way to securely do this or even pay to do it myself would be a massive improvement.

I recently lost a pair thanks to this exact thing. I used a popular nest-renting thread like so many others and the person that hosted my pair was banned. Staff says there is nothing they can do to get my dragons back. They are simply stuck in a dead lair. I feel this fix would be a great way to prevent this from happening ever again to myself and others.
Yx-Lpm2-Q222.pngFR+2 | She/Her | WishlistYxLpm2Q.png
@BoulderEnder OUCH, that's really painful! :(

And yeah, staff can say it's an unsupported transaction all they want, but as long as people care about eye color and there's no other way of doing it, it'll keep happening and generating problems.
@BoulderEnder OUCH, that's really painful! :(

And yeah, staff can say it's an unsupported transaction all they want, but as long as people care about eye color and there's no other way of doing it, it'll keep happening and generating problems.
support, i've been wanting to change my nest element so i can change the eye color
support, i've been wanting to change my nest element so i can change the eye color
I, too, fully support something like this. As long as it is reasonably accessible to those who play 'casually' or don't have the means for generating a lot of in-game currency for whatever reason.

Honestly, just the length of time this thread has existed (I only just discovered it but it's been going for over 6 years) should indicate to the devs how much a feature like this is needed/wanted by the overall community. I also believe a secure way to independently change a clutch's eye colour is even more important now that FR's registration is completely open. No telling who may register and what kind of people they are. Sure, the same risk was there before but the limited rego windows meant the inflow of such people was restricted. Now it isn't. I am more scared than ever to attempt nest sharing because of this.

Hopefully they'll finally heed our begging and do something that can allow breeding of different eye colours without the need to trust someone else can be honest.
I, too, fully support something like this. As long as it is reasonably accessible to those who play 'casually' or don't have the means for generating a lot of in-game currency for whatever reason.

Honestly, just the length of time this thread has existed (I only just discovered it but it's been going for over 6 years) should indicate to the devs how much a feature like this is needed/wanted by the overall community. I also believe a secure way to independently change a clutch's eye colour is even more important now that FR's registration is completely open. No telling who may register and what kind of people they are. Sure, the same risk was there before but the limited rego windows meant the inflow of such people was restricted. Now it isn't. I am more scared than ever to attempt nest sharing because of this.

Hopefully they'll finally heed our begging and do something that can allow breeding of different eye colours without the need to trust someone else can be honest.
I support this but I do think it should come at a significant (but not outrageous) cost to balance the benefit it gives. 50,000t might be a good price? I think it’d make for a good treasure item because it would be a popular treasure sink people would buy again and again.

I really don’t want to send most of my dragons away unless it’s somebody I know, so it’d be nice to get eye colors I want without risking something happening to my dragons.
I support this but I do think it should come at a significant (but not outrageous) cost to balance the benefit it gives. 50,000t might be a good price? I think it’d make for a good treasure item because it would be a popular treasure sink people would buy again and again.

I really don’t want to send most of my dragons away unless it’s somebody I know, so it’d be nice to get eye colors I want without risking something happening to my dragons.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Suggestions:
  • Make a item where you could change one (1) nest to a random element for one (1) breeding. Cost: 500 gems (or a lot of treasure...).
  • Allow a system where players could rent their nests (maybe one or two) to other players for a treasure price (10,000t maybe?)
  • Have a sixth (maybe seventh) gem nest that could be rented out but the player can choose to keep for personal use. Cost: 300-500g for first one, 700-1000g for second one
Suggestions:
  • Make a item where you could change one (1) nest to a random element for one (1) breeding. Cost: 500 gems (or a lot of treasure...).
  • Allow a system where players could rent their nests (maybe one or two) to other players for a treasure price (10,000t maybe?)
  • Have a sixth (maybe seventh) gem nest that could be rented out but the player can choose to keep for personal use. Cost: 300-500g for first one, 700-1000g for second one
MV1Iakt.png Arcane Flight Alignment | Fae Enthusiast | Likes Red, Blue and Purple MV1Iakt.png
[quote name="nika" date="2019-10-28 20:23:18" ] If something like this was implemented I would come back to the site properly after a multi-year semi-hiatus and start breeding immediately. The main reason I keep drifting away from FR is that I enjoy breeding projects and care about eye colors but the process of constantly renting nests is tedious and makes the entire gameplay experience frustrating. Please let me breed different eye colors myself! [/quote] ^ this so much!! i have an ongoing breeding project where the result [i]needs[/i] to have fire eyes and renting out 6 nests every time for all the pairs is just painful to the point that the whole gang's just tucked in my den right now. Especially when I live in Australia and have to deal with timezone frustration - sometimes with multiple users since it's *six* nests. [size=5] [b]Another option of implementing this: [/b] [LIST] [*]A player can clear space for a [u]sixth nest in a flight of their choosing[/u]; maybe it costs gems, maybe more treasure than an extra nest would. They get to keep it [u]permanently[/u] and use the nest in the same way as any of their other nests. [*]However, they can only have this extra nest in [u]one flight at a time[/u], and to [u]change the flight of this extra nest they would have to pay the fee again[/u]. [*]i.e. If I have no extra nest, and I want to: buy a Fire nest, change it to Ice, and then change it to Fire again, I would have to pay the fee three times: once to unlock the nest, once to change my extra nest to Ice, and once to change it back to Fire. [/LIST] [size=4]I feel like this would be affordable enough to be practical without being 'OP' so to speak, since you can only have one flight at a time. You'd have to choose carefully what flight you [i]really[/i] wanted to make your bonus nest, but you don't have to fork out 50g every single time if you just want to keep one specific flight nest for your expensive [i](or fancily-dressed - undressing and redressing is a hassle!)[/i] breeding pair that you wouldn't want to send away every time you want to breed them. This could also be adjusted as needed depending on people's opinions, by adjusting the [u]fee[/u] (or making it a lower fee to change the nest's flight than it would be to unlock it), changing whether it costs [u]gems or treasure[/u], having a [u]cooldown[/u] for how often you can change the flight of the bonus nest, changing the [u]number of extra nests [/u]allowed, etc. IMO "You could just change flights if the eyes are that important to you" doesn't really apply for things like A) Breeding projects, B) Hatcheries where you might need different eye colours for different pairs, or C) people who just... really care about their lore. [LIST] [*][i]I personally only fit into category A here, but considering that these categories aren't even mutually exclusive, someone can have a lot of reasons that 'changing flights for the eye colour' isn't a viable solution in the same way something like this might be.[/i] [/LIST] PS. For people saying it wouldn't work lore wise (though those mostly seem to be old posts).... Roundsey gives out actual living dragons on a raffle basis, which from a purely lore based perspective is just kind of creepy. Game mechanics should always come before lore, IMO! ...this got kind of long.... anyway, what do people think? considering this thread is 23 pages long, the original post doesn't look like it's been updated in a while, and this is a pretty different suggestion than the original, I might make a thread for this if something similar hasn't been suggested already.
nika wrote on 2019-10-28 20:23:18:

^ this so much!! i have an ongoing breeding project where the result needs to have fire eyes and renting out 6 nests every time for all the pairs is just painful to the point that the whole gang's just tucked in my den right now. Especially when I live in Australia and have to deal with timezone frustration - sometimes with multiple users since it's *six* nests.

Another option of implementing this:
  • A player can clear space for a sixth nest in a flight of their choosing; maybe it costs gems, maybe more treasure than an extra nest would. They get to keep it permanently and use the nest in the same way as any of their other nests.
  • However, they can only have this extra nest in one flight at a time, and to change the flight of this extra nest they would have to pay the fee again.
  • i.e. If I have no extra nest, and I want to: buy a Fire nest, change it to Ice, and then change it to Fire again, I would have to pay the fee three times: once to unlock the nest, once to change my extra nest to Ice, and once to change it back to Fire.

I feel like this would be affordable enough to be practical without being 'OP' so to speak, since you can only have one flight at a time. You'd have to choose carefully what flight you really wanted to make your bonus nest, but you don't have to fork out 50g every single time if you just want to keep one specific flight nest for your expensive (or fancily-dressed - undressing and redressing is a hassle!) breeding pair that you wouldn't want to send away every time you want to breed them.

This could also be adjusted as needed depending on people's opinions, by adjusting the fee (or making it a lower fee to change the nest's flight than it would be to unlock it), changing whether it costs gems or treasure, having a cooldown for how often you can change the flight of the bonus nest, changing the number of extra nests allowed, etc.

IMO "You could just change flights if the eyes are that important to you" doesn't really apply for things like A) Breeding projects, B) Hatcheries where you might need different eye colours for different pairs, or C) people who just... really care about their lore.
  • I personally only fit into category A here, but considering that these categories aren't even mutually exclusive, someone can have a lot of reasons that 'changing flights for the eye colour' isn't a viable solution in the same way something like this might be.

PS. For people saying it wouldn't work lore wise (though those mostly seem to be old posts).... Roundsey gives out actual living dragons on a raffle basis, which from a purely lore based perspective is just kind of creepy. Game mechanics should always come before lore, IMO!

...this got kind of long.... anyway, what do people think? considering this thread is 23 pages long, the original post doesn't look like it's been updated in a while, and this is a pretty different suggestion than the original, I might make a thread for this if something similar hasn't been suggested already.

FR +16

they/them

dressing service
dragon search
fc1fc9b10602728524c3b0a326e2426b.png
@zedetta Being limited to only one flight at a time would leave me still doing a lot of unsupported nest rentals, since I tend to run a lot of breeding projects at the same time and they need many different eye colors... Basically the same problem as "just change your flight". If I could change each of my nests like in the OP, I'd get five colors, which should be mostly enough.

Re: lore, I've seen a few newer suggestions about lore-compatible one-time nests in a different flight that are basically "your dragons take a vacation", which would work pretty well.
@zedetta Being limited to only one flight at a time would leave me still doing a lot of unsupported nest rentals, since I tend to run a lot of breeding projects at the same time and they need many different eye colors... Basically the same problem as "just change your flight". If I could change each of my nests like in the OP, I'd get five colors, which should be mostly enough.

Re: lore, I've seen a few newer suggestions about lore-compatible one-time nests in a different flight that are basically "your dragons take a vacation", which would work pretty well.
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27 28