Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 63
Thank you for the gift! I can't wait to get my hands on some crab familiars too.
Thank you for the gift! I can't wait to get my hands on some crab familiars too.
Not to fond of this update, the wing pieces do not look right. Have had some on a few of my dragons for years, I now will be removing it. Sorry
Not to fond of this update, the wing pieces do not look right. Have had some on a few of my dragons for years, I now will be removing it. Sorry
aqLwpCP.png
i like this new look!
i like this new look!
23821.png they/them | fr +3
aroace
perpetually in coli hell

(main) oc tab
og oc tab
please use pronouns
listed in my dragons'
bios, thank you

buying OC art
hoard cleanout
ooo,, i was getting the steam punk brass set for one of my dragonz and i think it would fit her more now aa??
ooo,, i was getting the steam punk brass set for one of my dragonz and i think it would fit her more now aa??
hi. im dumb frog#6853
It's a shame, the old wings look great.
It's a shame, the old wings look great.
FooterAds.gif
...what is even...
Do not want. I agree with everyone else. These look manufactured.

Not winning any favors with these surprise updates either imo.
Do not want. I agree with everyone else. These look manufactured.

Not winning any favors with these surprise updates either imo.
Hey yeah, hey yeah
You're a wanderer just like me
Hey yeah, hey yeah
Yeah, you better know where you're going
:o
:o
w33CcwM.pngEfr5bPb.pngv2WpsKj.pngoNi4OTA.png8r7mgXQ.png
Honestly - (and I didn't think I would actually find the need to comment a second time), but seeing the mass amount of griping has just left me entirely on edge. First off, I get exactly why they are updating the old apparel. It's necessary as the site grows and changes while there is a demand for consistency. Considering the continuous growth of the site, there is always going to be a need for things to alter and meet that flow. With new additions to the site, incoming dragon breeds, different styles in apparel, genes, and addons, this inconsistency is going to happen. Especially where improvement is prevalent. I have been on the site from almost from its inception and truthfully, while there have been additions made I wasn't entirely thrilled on, I do understand the /need/ for this. [quote]I get that we need updates to the art. Though I have my own personal gripes with the stylistic direction the site has taken over the past four years (when I joined), consistency and cleaner artwork are necessary to appeal to newer members. This has already proven to work, since many of the supporters of this "refresh" are newer. But when I hear the term "update", I expect a piece of apparel to be updated (fix errors, clean up lines, adjust colors), not completely redesigned.[/quote] Now, this was mentioned by someone a bit back, however, this is /not/ entirely true. Again, I am a much, much older member than even the person who made this comment, and I thoroughly support the updates. [i]Even this one[/i]. That said, I will even admit the change has caused a drastic improvement to a lot of my dragons who sport either partial or full steampunk garb. On some, I thought it made the dragon look ten times better, while on others it didn't look any different than prior. Because I am not unimpressed with the changes, that statement is definitely inaccurate. Moreover, does anyone understand the difficulties of creating new apparel sets? Do you comprehend how much time it takes to even create ONE SET on just ONE DRAGON? It's incomprehensible and that is x times fourteen breeds x two genders while also making several color variants and this takes a LOT of effort and is VERY time-consuming. It is also [b]NOT[/b] easy. Granted, I am sure a redesign of pre-existing apparel sets can be easier than creating a new set from scratch, yet, why create a secondary set, which incorporates all the above points, when the artists are focused on trying to make new clothes for the dragons? Also, why is there a need for a second set of the same apparel just for people to focus on 'aesthetics', - which can be seen as completely unnecessary - when they have new content to focus on? Do you even realize that the FR team are limited on artists and only have so many? And that these people work around the clock as is to try and please the mass amounts of demanding people on this site? Why does it sound like the majority of FR citizens are ridiculously ungrateful? It's one example of why I tend to lose faith in online communities. Now, I won't deny that I do have my own qualms with FR as there are a few aspects of it which could be improved to make the quality of the site ten times better, but this doesn't have anything to do with the creative department and I surely do not believe every bloody update is 'terribly done'. I also realize exactly how taxing it can be to keep up with such a highly popular game. But there are limits and it just vexes while also disheartening me to see just how unappreciative people can be. Be a little more thankful that we are getting updates, that new content does get released and there IS an active, enjoyable game for us to play as opposed to kicking up strife every time something is either added or changed. It's really gone past the point of ludicrous. I think the staff works very hard as is and I do believe it's a VERY thankless job. [b]Especially[/b] by this community. SMH.
Honestly - (and I didn't think I would actually find the need to comment a second time), but seeing the mass amount of griping has just left me entirely on edge.

First off, I get exactly why they are updating the old apparel. It's necessary as the site grows and changes while there is a demand for consistency. Considering the continuous growth of the site, there is always going to be a need for things to alter and meet that flow. With new additions to the site, incoming dragon breeds, different styles in apparel, genes, and addons, this inconsistency is going to happen. Especially where improvement is prevalent.

I have been on the site from almost from its inception and truthfully, while there have been additions made I wasn't entirely thrilled on, I do understand the /need/ for this.
Quote:
I get that we need updates to the art. Though I have my own personal gripes with the stylistic direction the site has taken over the past four years (when I joined), consistency and cleaner artwork are necessary to appeal to newer members. This has already proven to work, since many of the supporters of this "refresh" are newer. But when I hear the term "update", I expect a piece of apparel to be updated (fix errors, clean up lines, adjust colors), not completely redesigned.

Now, this was mentioned by someone a bit back, however, this is /not/ entirely true. Again, I am a much, much older member than even the person who made this comment, and I thoroughly support the updates. Even this one.

That said, I will even admit the change has caused a drastic improvement to a lot of my dragons who sport either partial or full steampunk garb. On some, I thought it made the dragon look ten times better, while on others it didn't look any different than prior. Because I am not unimpressed with the changes, that statement is definitely inaccurate.

Moreover, does anyone understand the difficulties of creating new apparel sets? Do you comprehend how much time it takes to even create ONE SET on just ONE DRAGON? It's incomprehensible and that is x times fourteen breeds x two genders while also making several color variants and this takes a LOT of effort and is VERY time-consuming. It is also NOT easy.

Granted, I am sure a redesign of pre-existing apparel sets can be easier than creating a new set from scratch, yet, why create a secondary set, which incorporates all the above points, when the artists are focused on trying to make new clothes for the dragons? Also, why is there a need for a second set of the same apparel just for people to focus on 'aesthetics', - which can be seen as completely unnecessary - when they have new content to focus on? Do you even realize that the FR team are limited on artists and only have so many? And that these people work around the clock as is to try and please the mass amounts of demanding people on this site? Why does it sound like the majority of FR citizens are ridiculously ungrateful?

It's one example of why I tend to lose faith in online communities.

Now, I won't deny that I do have my own qualms with FR as there are a few aspects of it which could be improved to make the quality of the site ten times better, but this doesn't have anything to do with the creative department and I surely do not believe every bloody update is 'terribly done'. I also realize exactly how taxing it can be to keep up with such a highly popular game. But there are limits and it just vexes while also disheartening me to see just how unappreciative people can be.

Be a little more thankful that we are getting updates, that new content does get released and there IS an active, enjoyable game for us to play as opposed to kicking up strife every time something is either added or changed. It's really gone past the point of ludicrous. I think the staff works very hard as is and I do believe it's a VERY thankless job. Especially by this community. SMH.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
*sobs* I just finished selling all of my Steampunk attire! *headdesk*
*sobs* I just finished selling all of my Steampunk attire! *headdesk*
BJIX60z.png Hi1MA9W.png
I suppose not everyone will be happy, but I'm glad they've been updated.
My steampunk dragons are still rocking it!
I suppose not everyone will be happy, but I'm glad they've been updated.
My steampunk dragons are still rocking it!
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 63