Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't Show 0-Energy Dragons for Random
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Owlynx [quote name= Owlynx]The way I see how you're posting, it boils down to "You're WRONG, I'm RIGHT. PERIOD"[/quote] No it doesn't. I'm sorry but you don't get to make the rules. Commenting on someone's profile isn't harassment, period. FR is not a Safe Space for people to be coddled.
@Owlynx
Owlynx wrote:
The way I see how you're posting, it boils down to "You're WRONG, I'm RIGHT. PERIOD"

No it doesn't. I'm sorry but you don't get to make the rules. Commenting on someone's profile isn't harassment, period. FR is not a Safe Space for people to be coddled.
Random Dragon shows only non-exalted, named dragons, most of which have 0-energy.

If active clans = Region Population, yes even those active with unfed dragons, that would be fine. People could delete/report/block unwanted criticism (feed your dragons, etc.) if that really did become a problem.

I think the user being active, not "reachable" in the sense that they are guaranteed to reply, but "reachable" in the sense that they are pretty much guaranteed to log in again, is important for different reasons (e.g. active users are more relevant to FR) and non-active users should not have their dragons featured.
Random Dragon shows only non-exalted, named dragons, most of which have 0-energy.

If active clans = Region Population, yes even those active with unfed dragons, that would be fine. People could delete/report/block unwanted criticism (feed your dragons, etc.) if that really did become a problem.

I think the user being active, not "reachable" in the sense that they are guaranteed to reply, but "reachable" in the sense that they are pretty much guaranteed to log in again, is important for different reasons (e.g. active users are more relevant to FR) and non-active users should not have their dragons featured.
@pfvupl
Who said I was making the rules?

Never said commenting on someone's profile was harassment... Do you even read people's posts before charging in head first?

Some people treat FR as a safe space, you don't get to decide how people play. If FR isn't a 'safe space for people to be coddled' then screw it, remove all the forum rules. Let people attack others; let vulgarity run wild; remove the word censor. It's not a 'safe space' anyway!
@pfvupl
Who said I was making the rules?

Never said commenting on someone's profile was harassment... Do you even read people's posts before charging in head first?

Some people treat FR as a safe space, you don't get to decide how people play. If FR isn't a 'safe space for people to be coddled' then screw it, remove all the forum rules. Let people attack others; let vulgarity run wild; remove the word censor. It's not a 'safe space' anyway!
@Owlynx

You're trying to tell me how to play, so you're making the rules. I don't have to treat FR as a safe space if that's not how I play. Forum rules are here for a reason and shouldn't be removed.

EDIT: 2nd forum star!
@Owlynx

You're trying to tell me how to play, so you're making the rules. I don't have to treat FR as a safe space if that's not how I play. Forum rules are here for a reason and shouldn't be removed.

EDIT: 2nd forum star!
@pfvupl
H-how am I telling you how to play, exactly? Also, 'I don't have to treat FR as a safe space if that's not how I play' is basically like saying you shouldn't respect handicapped people because you're not handicapped o_o

It's now about how you play; it's about how you respect others like any normal human being.
@pfvupl
H-how am I telling you how to play, exactly? Also, 'I don't have to treat FR as a safe space if that's not how I play' is basically like saying you shouldn't respect handicapped people because you're not handicapped o_o

It's now about how you play; it's about how you respect others like any normal human being.
@Owlynx

I respect others, and I follow the rules.

I suffer from anxiety and dropped out of school because of it; I'm no stranger to those feelings. However, it's totally unreasonable for people with anxiety to expect others to know not to comment on their profile. They're not entitled to having their special rules met. It shows a lack of respect for other people and the way they play.
@Owlynx

I respect others, and I follow the rules.

I suffer from anxiety and dropped out of school because of it; I'm no stranger to those feelings. However, it's totally unreasonable for people with anxiety to expect others to know not to comment on their profile. They're not entitled to having their special rules met. It shows a lack of respect for other people and the way they play.
oh my god
this thread is out of control.

anyway, support because i LOVE seeing the random dragon, click on to see if it has lore/maybe write a profile comment about it.

i appreciate the time inactive users put into dragons; i would just rather see active users time/effort.

dont ping me please
oh my god
this thread is out of control.

anyway, support because i LOVE seeing the random dragon, click on to see if it has lore/maybe write a profile comment about it.

i appreciate the time inactive users put into dragons; i would just rather see active users time/effort.

dont ping me please
she/her
I don't agree with taking out 0% energy dragons out of the random dragon feature. [quote name="hat17" date="2019-08-22 03:23:37" ] I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy. [/quote] I don't agree with this either. Some people don't like apparels on their dragon. They shouldn't be punished for a feature they don't like and don't want to participate in.
I don't agree with taking out 0% energy dragons out of the random dragon feature.
hat17 wrote on 2019-08-22 03:23:37:
I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy.

I don't agree with this either. Some people don't like apparels on their dragon. They shouldn't be punished for a feature they don't like and don't want to participate in.
Dua Set! Lord of Chaos! He whose voice is like thunder!
[quote name="Nezra" date="2019-08-25 16:59:00" ] I don't agree with taking out 0% energy dragons out of the random dragon feature. [quote name="hat17" date="2019-08-22 03:23:37" ] I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy. [/quote] I don't agree with this either. Some people don't like apparels on their dragon. They shouldn't be punished for a feature they don't like and don't want to participate in. [/quote] Please read the whole discussion. I've since been corrected and I agree some dragons are perfect without any apparels or skin/accent, and should not be barred from showing up.
Nezra wrote on 2019-08-25 16:59:00:
I don't agree with taking out 0% energy dragons out of the random dragon feature.
hat17 wrote on 2019-08-22 03:23:37:
I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy.

I don't agree with this either. Some people don't like apparels on their dragon. They shouldn't be punished for a feature they don't like and don't want to participate in.
Please read the whole discussion. I've since been corrected and I agree some dragons are perfect without any apparels or skin/accent, and should not be barred from showing up.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-08-25 09:33:58" ] You mispoke I think. You said show non-exalted dragons, which is how it currently is (you probably were going to say something like why only show non-exalted dragons and then changed it to why not show exalted dragons? I do that all the time..) In answer, I would say because exalted dragons can't show off the entire thing: they can only show off the colors and genes. Non-exalted show off colors and genes and breeds, at a first glance, but at a deeper glance, they also show off what can be done with biographies, what types of familiars are available, various skins and accents, and basically anything that can be gotten from the dragon page itself. Exalted dragons only show themselves and that they were exalted, they don't show any statistics about the dragon, nor what users can do WITH the dragon beyond giving it genes etc.. [/quote] You're right, of course; thanks for the correction. I'll edit my post. Suffered from that whole "[i]I[/i] knew what I was saying" thing that thwarts any attempt at editing. I don't think it really matters why we're limiting the pool: the fact is, it's already limited. And, really, as is said earlier in this thread I think, dragons can be gorgeous without skins. Without clothes. There are gobs of active people who don't dress, feed, give familiars to, or fill bios for their dragon's. We aren't ruling them out, though their dragons function virtually identically to an exalted dragon [i]except[/i] you can't buy them. Like you can't buy the dragon of an inactive person.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-08-25 09:33:58:
You mispoke I think. You said show non-exalted dragons, which is how it currently is (you probably were going to say something like why only show non-exalted dragons and then changed it to why not show exalted dragons? I do that all the time..)

In answer, I would say because exalted dragons can't show off the entire thing: they can only show off the colors and genes. Non-exalted show off colors and genes and breeds, at a first glance, but at a deeper glance, they also show off what can be done with biographies, what types of familiars are available, various skins and accents, and basically anything that can be gotten from the dragon page itself.

Exalted dragons only show themselves and that they were exalted, they don't show any statistics about the dragon, nor what users can do WITH the dragon beyond giving it genes etc..
You're right, of course; thanks for the correction. I'll edit my post. Suffered from that whole "I knew what I was saying" thing that thwarts any attempt at editing.

I don't think it really matters why we're limiting the pool: the fact is, it's already limited. And, really, as is said earlier in this thread I think, dragons can be gorgeous without skins. Without clothes. There are gobs of active people who don't dress, feed, give familiars to, or fill bios for their dragon's. We aren't ruling them out, though their dragons function virtually identically to an exalted dragon except you can't buy them. Like you can't buy the dragon of an inactive person.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14