Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't Show 0-Energy Dragons for Random
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-08-22 01:40:06" ] Do dragons suddenly turn ugly the moment their fed-ness drops to 0?... No support. [/quote] This sums up my feeling perfectly. I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-08-22 01:40:06:
Do dragons suddenly turn ugly the moment their fed-ness drops to 0?... No support.
This sums up my feeling perfectly.

I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
No, I don't agree with this. The random dragon feature shows visitors examples of player's creativity and what can be done with our dragons. Just because someone hasn't fed their dragons doesn't mean they should be excluded, you'd be removing some great sources of project inspiration from the public eye.
No, I don't agree with this. The random dragon feature shows visitors examples of player's creativity and what can be done with our dragons. Just because someone hasn't fed their dragons doesn't mean they should be excluded, you'd be removing some great sources of project inspiration from the public eye.
forumsig_by_plantfeathers-datch91.png
I can't support getting rid of them entirely, but I do support gradually skewing the random dergs towards active players. Open reg is a thing now, and no matter how popular the site is, the number of inactive accounts will absolutely overwhelm the number of active accounts. Inactive players don't care whether their dergs are shown or not, but for active players, it can make them quite happy.

I know that random = random, but the purpose of this game is ultimately to have fun. And being recognized is fun.
I can't support getting rid of them entirely, but I do support gradually skewing the random dergs towards active players. Open reg is a thing now, and no matter how popular the site is, the number of inactive accounts will absolutely overwhelm the number of active accounts. Inactive players don't care whether their dergs are shown or not, but for active players, it can make them quite happy.

I know that random = random, but the purpose of this game is ultimately to have fun. And being recognized is fun.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I see two different issues that are being brought up in this suggestion: you click the random dragon and see that it's hungry, or, you click the random dragon and see the player hasn't been on in months. And "hungry dragon" doesn't necessarily mean "inactive".

I don't think there should be any punishment or exclusion for active players who decide not to feed their dragons. The site doesn't *require* daily feedings.

I'm divided on whether the site should only show dragons from active accounts or not, because while it would better highlight people who are actively playing, some of the prettiest dragons I've seen on the front page were from people who had finished designing an entire lair of gorgeous dragons and then gone inactive so that their lairs were left as these gorgeous trophy cases of all their pretty dragons, and I wouldn't want to exclude those dragons either.
I see two different issues that are being brought up in this suggestion: you click the random dragon and see that it's hungry, or, you click the random dragon and see the player hasn't been on in months. And "hungry dragon" doesn't necessarily mean "inactive".

I don't think there should be any punishment or exclusion for active players who decide not to feed their dragons. The site doesn't *require* daily feedings.

I'm divided on whether the site should only show dragons from active accounts or not, because while it would better highlight people who are actively playing, some of the prettiest dragons I've seen on the front page were from people who had finished designing an entire lair of gorgeous dragons and then gone inactive so that their lairs were left as these gorgeous trophy cases of all their pretty dragons, and I wouldn't want to exclude those dragons either.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Even if the lair isn’t active, it could be a very special dragon that somebody worked hard on that could be worth showing off. Maybe it has rare apparel or an interesting skin or a rare familiar. It could also just be a cool gen one, or be a really old dragon. I don’t see why dragons like that should be hidden just because the account isn’t currently active.
Even if the lair isn’t active, it could be a very special dragon that somebody worked hard on that could be worth showing off. Maybe it has rare apparel or an interesting skin or a rare familiar. It could also just be a cool gen one, or be a really old dragon. I don’t see why dragons like that should be hidden just because the account isn’t currently active.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="Rowdy" date="2019-08-22 02:50:41" ] Support, always a waste of time to click on the random dragon and 95% of the time find one in a dead lair. I don't really have any pity for those active who want to min-max mechanics by not feeding their dragons. Let this just be another downside to not feeding your dergs. [/quote] How is it a waste of time? If you are looking to buy that dragon, then yes, I can see it, but the random dragon isn't meant to a fashion show of dragons. I can also see if you want to pay a compliment to the owners, but even then, the random dragon isn't meant for that, that is something you want to do. You also never know when a user might come back and see compliments. The random dragon is meant as a showcase of what can be done with the dragons and the variety of dragons and apparel and skins that are on site. It isn't meant to be for older players, every 'random showcase' I have seen has been meant for new players or prospective players. I don't even support a skewing, because as others have said, just because those dragons are in inactive lairs, doesn't mean they turned ugly. There are three ways to see inactive dragons: 1. Random showcase - this is the easiest and simplest way to see them 2. Dragon search - This takes time and it requires a lot of time, and you can't search specifically for dragons that are in inactive accounts. 3. Going through the accounts one by one starting at the first user created account. However, if you want to see active dragons, to buy or compliment the owners, you have several ways 1. RAndom showcase- most of these are probably inactive, but there are still active ones shown 2. Dragon search - just like with above, it takes time, but it can be done 3. Going one by one through accounts, though this time starting at the latest user account 4. Dragon Share - this is what the forum was made for actually, sharing your dragons, discussing them, looking at what others have done with their dragons, giving compliments etc.. 5. Auction house. Every dragon in the AH is from an active account, so you can see plenty of dragons that are active. 6. Mosto f the other FR related forums on site. While not specifically for sharing dragons, you can often find players showing off their pretties in various threads to support what they have been saying.
Rowdy wrote on 2019-08-22 02:50:41:
Support, always a waste of time to click on the random dragon and 95% of the time find one in a dead lair. I don't really have any pity for those active who want to min-max mechanics by not feeding their dragons. Let this just be another downside to not feeding your dergs.
How is it a waste of time?

If you are looking to buy that dragon, then yes, I can see it, but the random dragon isn't meant to a fashion show of dragons.

I can also see if you want to pay a compliment to the owners, but even then, the random dragon isn't meant for that, that is something you want to do. You also never know when a user might come back and see compliments.

The random dragon is meant as a showcase of what can be done with the dragons and the variety of dragons and apparel and skins that are on site. It isn't meant to be for older players, every 'random showcase' I have seen has been meant for new players or prospective players.

I don't even support a skewing, because as others have said, just because those dragons are in inactive lairs, doesn't mean they turned ugly.

There are three ways to see inactive dragons:

1. Random showcase - this is the easiest and simplest way to see them

2. Dragon search - This takes time and it requires a lot of time, and you can't search specifically for dragons that are in inactive accounts.

3. Going through the accounts one by one starting at the first user created account.

However, if you want to see active dragons, to buy or compliment the owners, you have several ways

1. RAndom showcase- most of these are probably inactive, but there are still active ones shown

2. Dragon search - just like with above, it takes time, but it can be done

3. Going one by one through accounts, though this time starting at the latest user account

4. Dragon Share - this is what the forum was made for actually, sharing your dragons, discussing them, looking at what others have done with their dragons, giving compliments etc..

5. Auction house. Every dragon in the AH is from an active account, so you can see plenty of dragons that are active.

6. Mosto f the other FR related forums on site. While not specifically for sharing dragons, you can often find players showing off their pretties in various threads to support what they have been saying.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Pyronorm" date="2019-08-21 22:15:12" ] I realize that there are other reasons for a dragon to be at zero energy, @Corviknight, but it seems like the simplest way to separate them. Besides that, when I check the lair and see that all of their dragons are at zero I can't help but think they're being neglected. [/quote] Their playstyle isn't inferior to yours, so I don't see why you think they're neglected. Again, there are a lot of users who decide to just not feed their dragons - that's not an invalid way to play, as long as they know the consequences. ----------------------------------------- I do want a way to remove yourself from the featured dragon option, though, because I don't like when I'm on the front page. It brings me undesired PMs, where I have to be polite but I....I don't like the unwanted attention Just because I have dragons doesn't mean I love the "I love your dragons I saw on the front page" - my lair is a concept lair, it has to be taken as a whole, not as bits and pieces. I'd love the ability to not showcase my dragons there.
Pyronorm wrote on 2019-08-21 22:15:12:
I realize that there are other reasons for a dragon to be at zero energy, @Corviknight, but it seems like the simplest way to separate them. Besides that, when I check the lair and see that all of their dragons are at zero I can't help but think they're being neglected.
Their playstyle isn't inferior to yours, so I don't see why you think they're neglected. Again, there are a lot of users who decide to just not feed their dragons - that's not an invalid way to play, as long as they know the consequences.

I do want a way to remove yourself from the featured dragon option, though, because I don't like when I'm on the front page. It brings me undesired PMs, where I have to be polite but I....I don't like the unwanted attention

Just because I have dragons doesn't mean I love the "I love your dragons I saw on the front page" - my lair is a concept lair, it has to be taken as a whole, not as bits and pieces.

I'd love the ability to not showcase my dragons there.
[quote name="hat17" date="2019-08-22 03:23:37" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-08-22 01:40:06" ] Do dragons suddenly turn ugly the moment their fed-ness drops to 0?... No support. [/quote] This sums up my feeling perfectly. I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy. [/quote] This I would actually kind of support, honestly. I'd love to see more well-dressed random dragons, because I love looking at pretty outfits people have put a lot of effort into and I know only a small fraction of users actually use dragon share.
hat17 wrote on 2019-08-22 03:23:37:
RedWillia wrote on 2019-08-22 01:40:06:
Do dragons suddenly turn ugly the moment their fed-ness drops to 0?... No support.
This sums up my feeling perfectly.

I go to random dragons to see pretty dragons and inspirations, not fodders. For all I care (if I can make the decision) I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy.
This I would actually kind of support, honestly. I'd love to see more well-dressed random dragons, because I love looking at pretty outfits people have put a lot of effort into and I know only a small fraction of users actually use dragon share.
wq9PoXA.png
The random dragon is the best way to see just that: a random dragon. Be it a random dragon you'd like to use for gene, skin, accent, lore, etc. inspiration, or one that you just thought was pretty for the several seconds it stays on the home page.

As someone else mentioned, a dragon doesn't change its look because it has 0 energy. I've seen quite a few really lovely random dragons that had low energy.

I also don't think dragons should be excluded because they don't have apparel, or that the chance to appear there should be increased because the dragon does have apparel/accents. I'm personally not into dragons that are covered up by apparel/accents to the point that I can't tell what genes it has, let alone its colors. Just because a user doesn't put apparel and accents on a dragon does not mean they didn't spend a lot of time breeding or gening a dragon to get that look.

I'd prefer to keep it random as is, so we have a chance to see all types of dressed/non-dressed dragons, and dragons from all types of lairs.
The random dragon is the best way to see just that: a random dragon. Be it a random dragon you'd like to use for gene, skin, accent, lore, etc. inspiration, or one that you just thought was pretty for the several seconds it stays on the home page.

As someone else mentioned, a dragon doesn't change its look because it has 0 energy. I've seen quite a few really lovely random dragons that had low energy.

I also don't think dragons should be excluded because they don't have apparel, or that the chance to appear there should be increased because the dragon does have apparel/accents. I'm personally not into dragons that are covered up by apparel/accents to the point that I can't tell what genes it has, let alone its colors. Just because a user doesn't put apparel and accents on a dragon does not mean they didn't spend a lot of time breeding or gening a dragon to get that look.

I'd prefer to keep it random as is, so we have a chance to see all types of dressed/non-dressed dragons, and dragons from all types of lairs.
[quote name="hat17" date="2019-08-22 03:23:37" ] I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy. [/quote] I don't like this mentality. [emoji=guardian sad size=2] A naked or accentless dragon is not automatically fodder or less loved. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=634260] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/6343/634260_350.png[/img] [/url] My boy here is both naked and accentless, but thats only because im working on finding him the PERFECT accent, and I want all of his apparel in my inventory before I start to dress him. That's it. He's NOT fodder and he's very much loved. He's just naked, and deserves to be in the spotlight as much as any other dragon.
hat17 wrote on 2019-08-22 03:23:37:
I'd rather they don't show dragons without apparel/accent instead of 0 energy. I feel my time wasted when I see a naked fodder, even if they have 100% energy.

I don't like this mentality.

A naked or accentless dragon is not automatically fodder or less loved.

634260_350.png

My boy here is both naked and accentless, but thats only because im working on finding him the PERFECT accent, and I want all of his apparel in my inventory before I start to dress him. That's it. He's NOT fodder and he's very much loved. He's just naked, and deserves to be in the spotlight as much as any other dragon.
Nq0eoGi.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14