Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't Show 0-Energy Dragons for Random
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
[quote name=DragonSage]The only compromise I see is to slant the odds for active dragons, that way players who want active dragons will see more active dragons and players who like seeing inactive random dragons will still be able to see them.[/quote] Currently, we see more inactive Random Dragons than not, because there are more of them. So this would be an okay compromise.
DragonSage wrote:
The only compromise I see is to slant the odds for active dragons, that way players who want active dragons will see more active dragons and players who like seeing inactive random dragons will still be able to see them.

Currently, we see more inactive Random Dragons than not, because there are more of them. So this would be an okay compromise.
I just told you it's not about anxiety - I just don't like strangers commenting on my profile only to tell me "X was on the front page"

Dragons stay on the front page for one whole minute, I won't have the time to see them myself and really, if you're communicating with me just to tell me that....I'd rather you didn't.

Not everyone likes superficial chit-chat. I know I don't. It doesn't stress me out, I just...don't like it.
I just told you it's not about anxiety - I just don't like strangers commenting on my profile only to tell me "X was on the front page"

Dragons stay on the front page for one whole minute, I won't have the time to see them myself and really, if you're communicating with me just to tell me that....I'd rather you didn't.

Not everyone likes superficial chit-chat. I know I don't. It doesn't stress me out, I just...don't like it.
That comment wasn't directed at you. Anyway, I take screenshots of random dragons so the owner gets the chance to see them.
That comment wasn't directed at you. Anyway, I take screenshots of random dragons so the owner gets the chance to see them.
I don't see this as an issue. The front page dragon stays there for... what 30 seconds? Why does it matter? The whole point is to show case a [i][b]random[/i][/b] dragon. Pretty, ugly, perma, fodder, fed, unfed, etc. It doesn't matter it's meant to showcase any given dragon on-site. If it was meant for specific dragons it wouldn't be called 'random' and it would have already been implemented to showcase those specific dragons. Edit: [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-08-22 00:39:52" ] They're an arrangement of pixels, they can't actually be "neglected" and it's really a [b]choice you make to see it that way. [/b] -snip- And as someone who likes seeing those dragons just as much as the ones who are fed. I'd be really sad if they all got swept under the rug, because [b]some people choose to see them as something shameful and negative that should be hidden away.[/b] [/quote] Bolded for emphasis. We shouldn't be changing aspects of the site because of things that boil down to "personal preference" and nothing else. If you view something as negative or bad or shameful even, don't try to force that view onto others because [i]you don't like it.[/i] It's no different than the unnamed exalts drama. People trying to force their veiws and ways of playing onto others by suggesting theirs is somehow better and the thing that they think is bad needs to be "fixed" for them. And need i remind that this is a relatively insignificant part of the site? There's no reward for getting a dragon on the front page, there's nothing being earned and there's effort put into it. It's an RNG for dragons, that's it.
I don't see this as an issue. The front page dragon stays there for... what 30 seconds? Why does it matter? The whole point is to show case a random dragon. Pretty, ugly, perma, fodder, fed, unfed, etc. It doesn't matter it's meant to showcase any given dragon on-site. If it was meant for specific dragons it wouldn't be called 'random' and it would have already been implemented to showcase those specific dragons.

Edit:
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-08-22 00:39:52:
They're an arrangement of pixels, they can't actually be "neglected" and it's really a choice you make to see it that way.

-snip-

And as someone who likes seeing those dragons just as much as the ones who are fed. I'd be really sad if they all got swept under the rug, because some people choose to see them as something shameful and negative that should be hidden away.
Bolded for emphasis.

We shouldn't be changing aspects of the site because of things that boil down to "personal preference" and nothing else. If you view something as negative or bad or shameful even, don't try to force that view onto others because you don't like it.

It's no different than the unnamed exalts drama. People trying to force their veiws and ways of playing onto others by suggesting theirs is somehow better and the thing that they think is bad needs to be "fixed" for them.

And need i remind that this is a relatively insignificant part of the site? There's no reward for getting a dragon on the front page, there's nothing being earned and there's effort put into it. It's an RNG for dragons, that's it.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
No support.
I actually have more of an issue with fodder being featured and then someone leaves a comment on my profile and I'm just.. "ok.. |: I'm very flattered you find TheSoup pretty, you wanna buy 'em?". That's kind of what runs through my head.

I enjoy seeing the different dragons and sometimes I see dragons with very interesting colour/apparel combos or super pretty umas, and while the owner might not be active anymore or has given no indication that they're active, I can still enjoy looking at their dragon for a moment. Just because the owner might not be active anymore, I don't think the dragons should be left out of the system c:
No support.
I actually have more of an issue with fodder being featured and then someone leaves a comment on my profile and I'm just.. "ok.. |: I'm very flattered you find TheSoup pretty, you wanna buy 'em?". That's kind of what runs through my head.

I enjoy seeing the different dragons and sometimes I see dragons with very interesting colour/apparel combos or super pretty umas, and while the owner might not be active anymore or has given no indication that they're active, I can still enjoy looking at their dragon for a moment. Just because the owner might not be active anymore, I don't think the dragons should be left out of the system c:
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
Okay, now. At least all of us can agree that the random dragon feature is for the active players to see, because inactive ones won't see them anyway. So, our differences boils down to how we're using this feature, and that where we can't agree.

People who want this feature to only show active dragons because they use this as a way to start a conversation; to compliment others of their pretty dragons. That's a valid way of using this feature.

People who rather have both active and inactive dragons shown are using it for inspiration. They don't care whether the dragons are in active lair or not. All they want to see is whether they can find inspiration for a new breeding project; a new way of dressing-up; a gene combo that they'd never use otherwise. It is also a valid way of playing.

So, which playstyle is better? Nope, actually they are equally valid playstyles and one is not better than the other.

In other words, a feature that can cater to both groups is actually the best feature, and the current way of how random dragons work look into both. For those who want interaction, they find enough active lairs to compliment on and start a conversation amongst all the inactive ones; while those who seek inspirations finds gems that they can use amongst all the fodder-looking ones. Since right now both groups can find what they want in a very similar intervals, why do we need to change/fix it?
Okay, now. At least all of us can agree that the random dragon feature is for the active players to see, because inactive ones won't see them anyway. So, our differences boils down to how we're using this feature, and that where we can't agree.

People who want this feature to only show active dragons because they use this as a way to start a conversation; to compliment others of their pretty dragons. That's a valid way of using this feature.

People who rather have both active and inactive dragons shown are using it for inspiration. They don't care whether the dragons are in active lair or not. All they want to see is whether they can find inspiration for a new breeding project; a new way of dressing-up; a gene combo that they'd never use otherwise. It is also a valid way of playing.

So, which playstyle is better? Nope, actually they are equally valid playstyles and one is not better than the other.

In other words, a feature that can cater to both groups is actually the best feature, and the current way of how random dragons work look into both. For those who want interaction, they find enough active lairs to compliment on and start a conversation amongst all the inactive ones; while those who seek inspirations finds gems that they can use amongst all the fodder-looking ones. Since right now both groups can find what they want in a very similar intervals, why do we need to change/fix it?
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@pfvupl
The way I see how you're posting, it boils down to "You're WRONG, I'm RIGHT. PERIOD" this is a suggestions forum, not a 'if i want this feature then it's gonna happen' bratty forum. You're being unreasonable and lashing out. That's not how things work around here.

Also, why do you think FR has these rules about vulgarity, harassment, etc.? So people feel SAFE.
@pfvupl
The way I see how you're posting, it boils down to "You're WRONG, I'm RIGHT. PERIOD" this is a suggestions forum, not a 'if i want this feature then it's gonna happen' bratty forum. You're being unreasonable and lashing out. That's not how things work around here.

Also, why do you think FR has these rules about vulgarity, harassment, etc.? So people feel SAFE.
[quote name="hat17" date="2019-08-24 22:27:17" ] Of course, all of these would be mute if they go 'active dragons' route. But personally I feel it'd be too small a pool to pull from. It may not, we'll just have to see. Also how much energy is active? Dragons need 80% to breed but only 40% (or is it 60%?) to fight, so which one to use? And the way I feed my dragons (as an example) makes some at 100% and some at 20%, does that make some of my dragons less active than others? The harassment point is still valid to some point, going from players with anxiety. If this change is accompanied with the ability to turn off profile comments or friend-only option, that'd solve the situation. As of it is now, I do worry about harassment. [/quote] I suppose, but if we assume 50% of active users feed their dragons, and that people don't make a suggestion thread after they see a single dragon in the random dragon unfed (and I think both are reasonable assumptions), then it will at least cut down on the suggestions. There are far more inactive users than active. And I'm also only referring to active dragons as being from active users. Energy level had nothing to do with it, it's just about how the site counts for dominance. As far as I understand, that doesn't take into account how often dragons are fed, but whether or not a user visits the site in some way or another. That's to say: all lines are arbitrary in this case. Lines we don't currently use only seem more arbitrary. For example, why not show exalted dragons if the point is just to show the range of dragons we could make and provide inspiration? If it's "100% random, no limits" as some say, then exalted dragons ought to be included. And I guess harassment could be considered a valid concern as well. I just don't think it is a valid point to do or not do something in cases like this. People are harassed now the way things are. Any change would yield the same result, so it's almost a pointless critique. EDIT: for typo-thing
hat17 wrote on 2019-08-24 22:27:17:
Of course, all of these would be mute if they go 'active dragons' route. But personally I feel it'd be too small a pool to pull from. It may not, we'll just have to see. Also how much energy is active? Dragons need 80% to breed but only 40% (or is it 60%?) to fight, so which one to use? And the way I feed my dragons (as an example) makes some at 100% and some at 20%, does that make some of my dragons less active than others?

The harassment point is still valid to some point, going from players with anxiety. If this change is accompanied with the ability to turn off profile comments or friend-only option, that'd solve the situation. As of it is now, I do worry about harassment.
I suppose, but if we assume 50% of active users feed their dragons, and that people don't make a suggestion thread after they see a single dragon in the random dragon unfed (and I think both are reasonable assumptions), then it will at least cut down on the suggestions. There are far more inactive users than active.

And I'm also only referring to active dragons as being from active users. Energy level had nothing to do with it, it's just about how the site counts for dominance. As far as I understand, that doesn't take into account how often dragons are fed, but whether or not a user visits the site in some way or another.

That's to say: all lines are arbitrary in this case. Lines we don't currently use only seem more arbitrary. For example, why not show exalted dragons if the point is just to show the range of dragons we could make and provide inspiration? If it's "100% random, no limits" as some say, then exalted dragons ought to be included.

And I guess harassment could be considered a valid concern as well. I just don't think it is a valid point to do or not do something in cases like this. People are harassed now the way things are. Any change would yield the same result, so it's almost a pointless critique.

EDIT: for typo-thing
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2019-08-25 09:21:09" ] That's to say: all lines are arbitrary in this case. Lines we don't currently use only seem more arbitrary. For example, why not show non-exalted dragons if the point is just to show the range of dragons we could make and provide inspiration? If it's "100% random, no limits" as some say, then exalted dragons ought to be included. [/quote] You mispoke I think. You said show non-exalted dragons, which is how it currently is (you probably were going to say something like why only show non-exalted dragons and then changed it to why not show exalted dragons? I do that all the time..) In answer, I would say because exalted dragons can't show off the entire thing: they can only show off the colors and genes. Non-exalted show off colors and genes and breeds, at a first glance, but at a deeper glance, they also show off what can be done with biographies, what types of familiars are available, various skins and accents, and basically anything that can be gotten from the dragon page itself. Exalted dragons only show themselves and that they were exalted, they don't show any statistics about the dragon, nor what users can do WITH the dragon beyond giving it genes etc..
Almedha wrote on 2019-08-25 09:21:09:
That's to say: all lines are arbitrary in this case. Lines we don't currently use only seem more arbitrary. For example, why not show non-exalted dragons if the point is just to show the range of dragons we could make and provide inspiration? If it's "100% random, no limits" as some say, then exalted dragons ought to be included.
You mispoke I think. You said show non-exalted dragons, which is how it currently is (you probably were going to say something like why only show non-exalted dragons and then changed it to why not show exalted dragons? I do that all the time..)

In answer, I would say because exalted dragons can't show off the entire thing: they can only show off the colors and genes. Non-exalted show off colors and genes and breeds, at a first glance, but at a deeper glance, they also show off what can be done with biographies, what types of familiars are available, various skins and accents, and basically anything that can be gotten from the dragon page itself.

Exalted dragons only show themselves and that they were exalted, they don't show any statistics about the dragon, nor what users can do WITH the dragon beyond giving it genes etc..

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Doesn't FR already have a thing in place where, if a user doesn't log in for an extended period of time, once they log back in their dragons will be fed and the user pointed in the direction of the Which Waystone?

If this suggestion need be implemented, wouldn't it be better to filter out dragons in lairs which trip this system?
Doesn't FR already have a thing in place where, if a user doesn't log in for an extended period of time, once they log back in their dragons will be fed and the user pointed in the direction of the Which Waystone?

If this suggestion need be implemented, wouldn't it be better to filter out dragons in lairs which trip this system?
Tn4aWhc.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14