Sure thing!
@Cascarones

Sure thing!
ee9333790c154dc7b5444be8bdd03e43c8ba0a99.png
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
14f64c4d4a5f4348b07becb32e6c3c54eee40b8f.png
Just got Winny at random and didn't even see the lore part until now. This is awesome!
Just got Winny at random and didn't even see the lore part until now. This is awesome!
@seekermegs

Oh, nice! Good to know that some of my dragons are still circulating around. ^^
@seekermegs

Oh, nice! Good to know that some of my dragons are still circulating around. ^^
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
Ay, finally got around to some updates! I must deeply apologize for the wait; I hope you can forgive this, as well as the poor management I expressed earlier this year. I admit my life has been a bit of a roller coaster as of late, and I'm just trying to do my best to keep my head up at this point.
But you're not here for that stuff! Let's get on with what I updated:

EYE LORE:
Swirl:

A result of unchecked magic, dragons who attempt to restore their eyes may find that the magic is difficult to contain within their sockets. Further attempts to keep this magic under control, and to prevent it from escaping form their sockets may result in the magic constantly spiraling within the dragon's skull. For some this grows uncomfortable and they eventually release the magic, but for others it works just fine, and they keep this spiraling magic. It works well for intimidating purposes.

GENE LORE:

Added Python + Morph to the lore written out for Bar + Daub, since the genes are fairly similar.

Added Clown + Eyespots to the lore written out for Jaguar + Rosette, since the genes are somewhat similar with their spotty traits. Added some additional information to make up for the differences, but it's nothing major.

I haven't managed to come up with anything for Vipera or Hypnotic yet, sorry! I might be a little burned out too, considering how much else I've written today, haha.
Laced + Eged:
Early signs of scale loss can often be shown through a dragon's scales sticking up in a variety of ways, getting particularly bad when the dragon starts to scratch madly at their skin once the disease takes effect. These scales are clinging on for dear life, not yet ready to fall off, but threatening to each time the dragon's claws digs into its hide to relieve some of the itching. These scales will fall off in due time, but until then it leaves the afflicted with a ragged look.
The wings are still in tact within this phase, however patches of skin are coming loose, looking much like scales. These patches are prone to fall off during flight, but it doesn't cause much of a hindrance.

Starmap + Constellation:
A remarkably rare trait, only possible for Marorek dragons that are incredibly skilled with magic. This starry appearance is the result of a master magician attempting to restore their body, or at least, their visage. While they're incapable of creating a proper physical form to cover their bones, they are able to create a magical body that molds to their bones and gives them additional protection, much like armor. Their constantly shifting and glittering forms make them appear more light ghosts, or even celestial beings, and earn these powerful dragons some much-needed respect from dragons that are none the wiser.
As their wings have been replaced with magic, flight is not possible with them However, assisted by magic they may hover, or even fly short distances, depending on the dragon's prowess.

GAOLER GENES
Gaoler dragons are not resistant to the disease; Melanossien did not exist when they roamed the world, and thus they lack any defenses against it. While it took time many Gaolers were afflicted by the disease, however the virus takes a slower toll on these ancient beasts, allowing them to blend in with society a little longer before being ostracized back to their icy caves.
Their fur sheds at a much slower rate than a Tundra's, allowing them to retain their coat until their skin has shed away. Many try to grow their fur out more to cover the patches of missing fur and skin, however for some it's too little too late.
Many Gaolers theorize that the Melanossein virus is connected to the Shade in some way, but none have found any solid evidence for this fact. Due to this thought process a number of Gaolers that have contracted the virus relinquish their duties and hide themselves in shame, thinking they are unclean.
Phantom + Spirit || Shaggy + Streak:
As their old fur sheds, their body overcompensates in growing new fur until they are covered in a completely darkened coat. Much like any other Marorek dragon this process is horribly itchy, but many may not think much of it, as shedding and regrowing their fur coat is commonplace (however they will wonder why their fur is turning dark all of the sudden...). During this process the Gaoler in question will display an uneven coat, with a variety of colors--the dark coat layers over a lighter coat, which covers the original coat the dragon once possessed. A dragon like this may find relief when the new black coat finishes growing in, however this is short lived for it isn't long before their skin will start to shed underneath, taking clumps of fur along with it.

@Shadowfire1223 @CrazyassBat @ShadowedGardens @Yiqi @Azcazach @trubbish @FrightMaster @SuicideStorm @atomnik @KoenigVII @playerpichu @DigitalElf @starblaziing @ArtistDreams @JackSlap @Lunadream @Sanzuwu @saans @scar66 @Nivinti @ChaoticGlub @Twistedstripe @butcherbaby @lovebite @almelon @Juneun @Cvhruig @Cascarones @HeroesOfOlympus @ApostasiaAin @Siouxsie @Nelson @floralcipher @Bluemoonygirl @tomatohentai @Blightwyrm @RaptorFeathers @Liberosis @msmm @dotdedo @Felverus @xLightningCore @mnkn10 @Aetherstorm @Jalapenocat @AnnieFelis @StDuke @FelinaeFatale @ixonstalx @SerpentineClown @LadyDiscord @WolfishLion @charlimes @Ghoulcats @ElementMaster @MorganJoseph @Harana @Regenherz @SilverWinter @HoodieCat @Cascarones
Ay, finally got around to some updates! I must deeply apologize for the wait; I hope you can forgive this, as well as the poor management I expressed earlier this year. I admit my life has been a bit of a roller coaster as of late, and I'm just trying to do my best to keep my head up at this point.
But you're not here for that stuff! Let's get on with what I updated:

EYE LORE:
Swirl:

A result of unchecked magic, dragons who attempt to restore their eyes may find that the magic is difficult to contain within their sockets. Further attempts to keep this magic under control, and to prevent it from escaping form their sockets may result in the magic constantly spiraling within the dragon's skull. For some this grows uncomfortable and they eventually release the magic, but for others it works just fine, and they keep this spiraling magic. It works well for intimidating purposes.

GENE LORE:

Added Python + Morph to the lore written out for Bar + Daub, since the genes are fairly similar.

Added Clown + Eyespots to the lore written out for Jaguar + Rosette, since the genes are somewhat similar with their spotty traits. Added some additional information to make up for the differences, but it's nothing major.

I haven't managed to come up with anything for Vipera or Hypnotic yet, sorry! I might be a little burned out too, considering how much else I've written today, haha.
Laced + Eged:
Early signs of scale loss can often be shown through a dragon's scales sticking up in a variety of ways, getting particularly bad when the dragon starts to scratch madly at their skin once the disease takes effect. These scales are clinging on for dear life, not yet ready to fall off, but threatening to each time the dragon's claws digs into its hide to relieve some of the itching. These scales will fall off in due time, but until then it leaves the afflicted with a ragged look.
The wings are still in tact within this phase, however patches of skin are coming loose, looking much like scales. These patches are prone to fall off during flight, but it doesn't cause much of a hindrance.

Starmap + Constellation:
A remarkably rare trait, only possible for Marorek dragons that are incredibly skilled with magic. This starry appearance is the result of a master magician attempting to restore their body, or at least, their visage. While they're incapable of creating a proper physical form to cover their bones, they are able to create a magical body that molds to their bones and gives them additional protection, much like armor. Their constantly shifting and glittering forms make them appear more light ghosts, or even celestial beings, and earn these powerful dragons some much-needed respect from dragons that are none the wiser.
As their wings have been replaced with magic, flight is not possible with them However, assisted by magic they may hover, or even fly short distances, depending on the dragon's prowess.

GAOLER GENES
Gaoler dragons are not resistant to the disease; Melanossien did not exist when they roamed the world, and thus they lack any defenses against it. While it took time many Gaolers were afflicted by the disease, however the virus takes a slower toll on these ancient beasts, allowing them to blend in with society a little longer before being ostracized back to their icy caves.
Their fur sheds at a much slower rate than a Tundra's, allowing them to retain their coat until their skin has shed away. Many try to grow their fur out more to cover the patches of missing fur and skin, however for some it's too little too late.
Many Gaolers theorize that the Melanossein virus is connected to the Shade in some way, but none have found any solid evidence for this fact. Due to this thought process a number of Gaolers that have contracted the virus relinquish their duties and hide themselves in shame, thinking they are unclean.
Phantom + Spirit || Shaggy + Streak:
As their old fur sheds, their body overcompensates in growing new fur until they are covered in a completely darkened coat. Much like any other Marorek dragon this process is horribly itchy, but many may not think much of it, as shedding and regrowing their fur coat is commonplace (however they will wonder why their fur is turning dark all of the sudden...). During this process the Gaoler in question will display an uneven coat, with a variety of colors--the dark coat layers over a lighter coat, which covers the original coat the dragon once possessed. A dragon like this may find relief when the new black coat finishes growing in, however this is short lived for it isn't long before their skin will start to shed underneath, taking clumps of fur along with it.

@Shadowfire1223 @CrazyassBat @ShadowedGardens @Yiqi @Azcazach @trubbish @FrightMaster @SuicideStorm @atomnik @KoenigVII @playerpichu @DigitalElf @starblaziing @ArtistDreams @JackSlap @Lunadream @Sanzuwu @saans @scar66 @Nivinti @ChaoticGlub @Twistedstripe @butcherbaby @lovebite @almelon @Juneun @Cvhruig @Cascarones @HeroesOfOlympus @ApostasiaAin @Siouxsie @Nelson @floralcipher @Bluemoonygirl @tomatohentai @Blightwyrm @RaptorFeathers @Liberosis @msmm @dotdedo @Felverus @xLightningCore @mnkn10 @Aetherstorm @Jalapenocat @AnnieFelis @StDuke @FelinaeFatale @ixonstalx @SerpentineClown @LadyDiscord @WolfishLion @charlimes @Ghoulcats @ElementMaster @MorganJoseph @Harana @Regenherz @SilverWinter @HoodieCat @Cascarones
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
Thanks for the update! It's okay if real life got in the way of maintaining this subspecies hub. It happens. At least you're sticking with it. Too many cool subspecies have died because the creators don't feel like keeping up with the lore and hub. I'm glad phantom/spirit are acceptable gaoler genes and I want my pair to have them....I just don't want them to cost 650g each on the AH. I guess I'll stick with falcon/peregrine for now. I'm really interested in the star/con gene combo, too. I want to make this now: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=24&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=20&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=8bd740e512cd75d46092c82a0122e5e408ba6923&dummyext=prev.png[/img] As if I don't have enough projects on my plate. Edit: ooooh noooo I did the thing [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54037149] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/540372/54037149_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54149426] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/541495/54149426_350.png[/img] [/url]
Thanks for the update! It's okay if real life got in the way of maintaining this subspecies hub. It happens. At least you're sticking with it. Too many cool subspecies have died because the creators don't feel like keeping up with the lore and hub.

I'm glad phantom/spirit are acceptable gaoler genes and I want my pair to have them....I just don't want them to cost 650g each on the AH. I guess I'll stick with falcon/peregrine for now. I'm really interested in the star/con gene combo, too. I want to make this now:
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=24&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=20&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=8bd740e512cd75d46092c82a0122e5e408ba6923&dummyext=prev.png
As if I don't have enough projects on my plate.

Edit: ooooh noooo I did the thing

54037149_350.png

54149426_350.png
@AnnieFelis

Yeah, I've found it's been hard for me to find the inspiration to work on this, but I was suddenly hit with some motivation and energy to plow through some lore yesterday.

Oh man that pair is GORGEOUS!
@AnnieFelis

Yeah, I've found it's been hard for me to find the inspiration to work on this, but I was suddenly hit with some motivation and energy to plow through some lore yesterday.

Oh man that pair is GORGEOUS!
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
First nest of starry babies: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55114249] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/551143/55114249_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55114250] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/551143/55114250_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55114251] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/551143/55114251_350.png[/img] [/url] I think next time I'll rent an ice or water nest so the eyes match a bit better. I do like starmap with ghost, though. It looks fantastic.
First nest of starry babies:

55114249_350.png

55114250_350.png

55114251_350.png

I think next time I'll rent an ice or water nest so the eyes match a bit better. I do like starmap with ghost, though. It looks fantastic.
@AnnieFelis

HOO that is fantastic, and even tempting. Really lovely babies, there!!
@AnnieFelis

HOO that is fantastic, and even tempting. Really lovely babies, there!!
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
LORE PROPOSAL:
Goop dragons where the skeletons are visible inside of the dragon's goo.
Would this count for Marorek lore? Or should it be something else entirely? Honestly that idea could work well on its own as another subspecies.

But lore-wise Slime and Sludge could work like Starmap and Constellation, where the dragon tried rebuilding a body for themselves, but instead of through magic, it was through alchemy.
Tell me what you think, please!

LORE PROPOSAL:
Goop dragons where the skeletons are visible inside of the dragon's goo.
Would this count for Marorek lore? Or should it be something else entirely? Honestly that idea could work well on its own as another subspecies.

But lore-wise Slime and Sludge could work like Starmap and Constellation, where the dragon tried rebuilding a body for themselves, but instead of through magic, it was through alchemy.
Tell me what you think, please!

Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
@SilverStarSheep
oh definitely. i get vibes of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - the ancient warrior the baddies tried to resurrect but it just started melting or disintegrating before it could do anything.

trying to reconstitute their flesh through alchemy but ending up with gloop works just fine for me lore-wise.

(plus slime would look A+ on one of my maroreks)
@SilverStarSheep
oh definitely. i get vibes of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - the ancient warrior the baddies tried to resurrect but it just started melting or disintegrating before it could do anything.

trying to reconstitute their flesh through alchemy but ending up with gloop works just fine for me lore-wise.

(plus slime would look A+ on one of my maroreks)
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104