Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I am absolutely horrified
1 2
A while back I made a thread talking about my cats being afraid of going in my room. The problem seemed to have gone away after a while but something new and awful happened after. My room eventually started smelling odd. I thought it was maybe a litterbox, I changed it and nothing helped. I kept looking around and in one spot I noticed the smell was foul. Under my bed was the corpse of a cat I have never seen before. The scary part is I have looked under the bed it must have hid in a blind spot. I cleaned it to the best of my ability but the smell will probably linger a little for a while. I don’t think I’ll sleep in my room for a while.
A while back I made a thread talking about my cats being afraid of going in my room. The problem seemed to have gone away after a while but something new and awful happened after. My room eventually started smelling odd. I thought it was maybe a litterbox, I changed it and nothing helped. I kept looking around and in one spot I noticed the smell was foul. Under my bed was the corpse of a cat I have never seen before. The scary part is I have looked under the bed it must have hid in a blind spot. I cleaned it to the best of my ability but the smell will probably linger a little for a while. I don’t think I’ll sleep in my room for a while.
kEygMJz.png
oh. my. god. that’s terrible. I wonder how it got in there..
oh. my. god. that’s terrible. I wonder how it got in there..
Bug.png
That's absolutely terrifying oh my God
I feel incredibly bad for everyone involved in this situation
That's absolutely terrifying oh my God
I feel incredibly bad for everyone involved in this situation
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

@LordOmmadon

Oh no! Cats do like to find a safe, quiet, dark spot to pass away. It must have felt under your bed was a comfortable spot to be. I'm sorry you had to be the clean up crew. Use white vinegar and baking soda on the floor/furniture where the cat perished and then leave charcoal or coffee grounds open to the air to help eliminate the odor. There are other products you can use, those are just some common ones for DIY. I don't blame you for sleeping in a different room for a while. I hope you recover well.
@LordOmmadon

Oh no! Cats do like to find a safe, quiet, dark spot to pass away. It must have felt under your bed was a comfortable spot to be. I'm sorry you had to be the clean up crew. Use white vinegar and baking soda on the floor/furniture where the cat perished and then leave charcoal or coffee grounds open to the air to help eliminate the odor. There are other products you can use, those are just some common ones for DIY. I don't blame you for sleeping in a different room for a while. I hope you recover well.
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
Yikes, that's awful. I feel bad for your cats too. I agree with the above poster about changing your sheets, and if possible (depending on what your floor is made of) I would hit the area with a mixture of bleach and water (I think the corpse of an animal so large warrants something stronger than most DIY solutions).
Yikes, that's awful. I feel bad for your cats too. I agree with the above poster about changing your sheets, and if possible (depending on what your floor is made of) I would hit the area with a mixture of bleach and water (I think the corpse of an animal so large warrants something stronger than most DIY solutions).
NRlXH3b.pngIQNyZsx.png
3spoopy5me.

I wonder if this has anything to do with your cats not going into your room?
3spoopy5me.

I wonder if this has anything to do with your cats not going into your room?
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
@HeirofDoom Yes, I would expect that this was the reason they wouldn't go in there. But, it's also strange because I would think they would have hissed at the unusual cat and gotten @LordOmmadon 's attention, and they would have discovered the cat sooner. It's all very spooky and strange.
@HeirofDoom Yes, I would expect that this was the reason they wouldn't go in there. But, it's also strange because I would think they would have hissed at the unusual cat and gotten @LordOmmadon 's attention, and they would have discovered the cat sooner. It's all very spooky and strange.
Oh wow that IS horrifying!

I bet the strange cat snuck into your house and your cats didn't want to go near them because they were aggressive or your cats were just scared... then said cat died and so on.

If my pets ever start acting off in a certain place, this thread will come to mind and I will make sure to check thoroughly! Never would expect THAT, just my pets (usually cats) being their weird selves...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would've totally freaked out, that's literal nightmare fuel to me
Oh wow that IS horrifying!

I bet the strange cat snuck into your house and your cats didn't want to go near them because they were aggressive or your cats were just scared... then said cat died and so on.

If my pets ever start acting off in a certain place, this thread will come to mind and I will make sure to check thoroughly! Never would expect THAT, just my pets (usually cats) being their weird selves...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I would've totally freaked out, that's literal nightmare fuel to me
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@queenbee1722
It's an old house and my guess is maybe there is a loose board under the sink where the pipes lead outside, I'm going to seal it off asap.

@Bananyan
I used plenty of vinegar and disinfectant in the area. I will buy baking soda as soon as I can. The smell is like 99% gone thankfully and it seems to be safe now for my cats.

Thank you, while I am spooked I'm glad I found it before it decayed more and the fact that it died somewhere safe.

@218715
@CaptainTsundere
I will change the sheets and I have scrubbed that floor ridiculous amounts with vinegar and disinfectant but I will routinely clean it every once in a while to make sure.

@ImpossibleJedi4
The weird part is I thought I checked thoroughly, I even looked under the bed so I don't know if it was in a blind spot or what.
@queenbee1722
It's an old house and my guess is maybe there is a loose board under the sink where the pipes lead outside, I'm going to seal it off asap.

@Bananyan
I used plenty of vinegar and disinfectant in the area. I will buy baking soda as soon as I can. The smell is like 99% gone thankfully and it seems to be safe now for my cats.

Thank you, while I am spooked I'm glad I found it before it decayed more and the fact that it died somewhere safe.

@218715
@CaptainTsundere
I will change the sheets and I have scrubbed that floor ridiculous amounts with vinegar and disinfectant but I will routinely clean it every once in a while to make sure.

@ImpossibleJedi4
The weird part is I thought I checked thoroughly, I even looked under the bed so I don't know if it was in a blind spot or what.
kEygMJz.png
okay now that's scary
okay now that's scary
akueye3.png
1 2