Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | LORE CONNECTIONS;; [lore dragons search]
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78 79
Thanks for getting back to me, you guys! :D

@ShadowPiper Could you elaborate more on Lemonlord's and Manix's research on Ancients? I'm mostly interested in what they studied (Gaoler customs, magic, etc.) and how they conducted their research. Like, did they travel somewhere by themselves, or was Warden their intermediary?

@lechatnoir Those are some nice ideas! I like the thought of him staying in the Inn; it'd be convenient for my clan to find him there before he moved in. As for Minaden and Liadlaw, could you describe how they would get and record their information on Ancients?
Thanks for getting back to me, you guys! :D

@ShadowPiper Could you elaborate more on Lemonlord's and Manix's research on Ancients? I'm mostly interested in what they studied (Gaoler customs, magic, etc.) and how they conducted their research. Like, did they travel somewhere by themselves, or was Warden their intermediary?

@lechatnoir Those are some nice ideas! I like the thought of him staying in the Inn; it'd be convenient for my clan to find him there before he moved in. As for Minaden and Liadlaw, could you describe how they would get and record their information on Ancients?
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

The Depot gathers its information by, essentially, collecting rumors and hearsay, whether from Inn guests or from the members of the clan who've been traveling around Sornieth, and then rigorously filtering out the dross to leave decent information behind. The information comes in via reports, or letters, or just good ol' word of mouth whenever a clanmember who's been away finally comes home and gets to sit down and tell stories about their adventures. That information is recorded and stored in an archive, which lies underneath the Depot itself and is maintained by Minaden, certain dragons, and members of the Longneck tribe that joined her and her sister those many years ago, and who now reside with the Lost and Found.

For those looking to access that information, here's what happens:

1. A visitor who comes in looking for information approaches whoever's managing the front of the house that day. Usually it's one of the Longneck scholars who've attached themselves to the clan since Minaden and Amihan moved in, or one of the traveling dragons who's taking a break. Either way, these front-of-house folks usually have a short list of topics that, if the visitor comes in looking for info pertaining to that topic, they're bumped up to Liadlaw. Top priority on that list are the Shade and cult activity, but since the events of Bounty, they've also put elemental anomalies, strange ruins, and Ancients as second place.

2. If the visitor pings any of the topics on the shortlist, Liadlaw will be called to conduct a brief interview with the visitor: usually this is to check if their claims/requests are legitimate. If so, Liadlaw leads the visitor into the archives, where Minaden assists the visitor in accessing the scrolls and books that may pertain to whatever information they need, and/or taking down the info they're sharing - sometimes Liadlaw assists, especially if it's something pertaining to the Ice Field since he was hatched there. They'll usually assist in narrowing down focus, or in leading into other avenues for research, if they thinks it'll help. This is a lengthy process, and can take weeks; in such cases the visitor is lodged at the Inn for a discount.

3. If the visitor still can't find what they're looking for, or the visitor has an item or artifact related to their search, Minaden will call Amihan in. Amihan can use her gifts to get clearer answers - or, not necessarily clearer, but at least a direction. Using Amihan's insight, Minaden can help refine the search and point the visitor down a course of action that's at least not as vague or cloudy as what they had formerly.

4. Fees are discussed afterwards, before the visitor leaves. Charges tend to vary, and can be offset by trading information in return or by performing a service/s for the clan.

I hope that makes sense. I haven't really fleshed out my other dragons so I'm kind of stalling on that front, but that is more or less how the Depot works where Minaden and Liadlaw are concerned.
@Disillusionist

The Depot gathers its information by, essentially, collecting rumors and hearsay, whether from Inn guests or from the members of the clan who've been traveling around Sornieth, and then rigorously filtering out the dross to leave decent information behind. The information comes in via reports, or letters, or just good ol' word of mouth whenever a clanmember who's been away finally comes home and gets to sit down and tell stories about their adventures. That information is recorded and stored in an archive, which lies underneath the Depot itself and is maintained by Minaden, certain dragons, and members of the Longneck tribe that joined her and her sister those many years ago, and who now reside with the Lost and Found.

For those looking to access that information, here's what happens:

1. A visitor who comes in looking for information approaches whoever's managing the front of the house that day. Usually it's one of the Longneck scholars who've attached themselves to the clan since Minaden and Amihan moved in, or one of the traveling dragons who's taking a break. Either way, these front-of-house folks usually have a short list of topics that, if the visitor comes in looking for info pertaining to that topic, they're bumped up to Liadlaw. Top priority on that list are the Shade and cult activity, but since the events of Bounty, they've also put elemental anomalies, strange ruins, and Ancients as second place.

2. If the visitor pings any of the topics on the shortlist, Liadlaw will be called to conduct a brief interview with the visitor: usually this is to check if their claims/requests are legitimate. If so, Liadlaw leads the visitor into the archives, where Minaden assists the visitor in accessing the scrolls and books that may pertain to whatever information they need, and/or taking down the info they're sharing - sometimes Liadlaw assists, especially if it's something pertaining to the Ice Field since he was hatched there. They'll usually assist in narrowing down focus, or in leading into other avenues for research, if they thinks it'll help. This is a lengthy process, and can take weeks; in such cases the visitor is lodged at the Inn for a discount.

3. If the visitor still can't find what they're looking for, or the visitor has an item or artifact related to their search, Minaden will call Amihan in. Amihan can use her gifts to get clearer answers - or, not necessarily clearer, but at least a direction. Using Amihan's insight, Minaden can help refine the search and point the visitor down a course of action that's at least not as vague or cloudy as what they had formerly.

4. Fees are discussed afterwards, before the visitor leaves. Charges tend to vary, and can be offset by trading information in return or by performing a service/s for the clan.

I hope that makes sense. I haven't really fleshed out my other dragons so I'm kind of stalling on that front, but that is more or less how the Depot works where Minaden and Liadlaw are concerned.
Hatchery_Signature.png
i would like to join.
i would like to join.
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
@lechatnoir Thanks for explaining so carefully! I really like that system; it's well-organized and logical and will also make plenty of sense in a story. I've got your post bookmarked in Vincent's bio and will definitely use it in his lore -- plus I think it might be useful in future interactions our clans may have.
@lechatnoir Thanks for explaining so carefully! I really like that system; it's well-organized and logical and will also make plenty of sense in a story. I've got your post bookmarked in Vincent's bio and will definitely use it in his lore -- plus I think it might be useful in future interactions our clans may have.
@Disillusionist

Lemonlord was raised by swift wings, and could understand ancient symbols and texts. Manix stole a bunch of stuff from the Arcanist, and it was through that that Lemon learned of other Ancient breeds, and came into contact with Warden, who fed him more information. While he doesn't actively study them, he knows quite a bit and on occations seeks out more knowledge if it's related to his current interests.

Sp I guess you could say he has a general knowledge about them, but an Indepth knowledge about their culture, lifestyle, and growth patterns.
@Disillusionist

Lemonlord was raised by swift wings, and could understand ancient symbols and texts. Manix stole a bunch of stuff from the Arcanist, and it was through that that Lemon learned of other Ancient breeds, and came into contact with Warden, who fed him more information. While he doesn't actively study them, he knows quite a bit and on occations seeks out more knowledge if it's related to his current interests.

Sp I guess you could say he has a general knowledge about them, but an Indepth knowledge about their culture, lifestyle, and growth patterns.
Untitled_Artwork.png
@ShadowPiper Awesome, I think I might be able to make use of this! I've noted your post down in Vince's bio as well. Thanks again for the offer and explanation!
@ShadowPiper Awesome, I think I might be able to make use of this! I've noted your post down in Vince's bio as well. Thanks again for the offer and explanation!
[columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7g81ucxbureqyrs/windvs1.png[/img][nextcol][b][font="Century Gothic"]Clan name[/font][/b]: [font="Century Gothic"]Zephyr Rose[/font] [b][font="Century Gothic"]Looking for[/font][/b]: [font="Century Gothic"]friends and allies[/font] [b][font="Century Gothic"]Specific flight[/font][/b]: [font="Century Gothic"]any! plague would be neat; a good share of the clan has plague origins.[/font] [/columns] [indent][b][font="Century Gothic"]About[/font][/b]: [font="Century Gothic"]a (mostly) peaceful crew, Aldrydi's band has made their home on the Windswept Plateau. they welcome any to join them who find themselves needing a home or place to stay. they hope to find some friends out there to interact or correspond with. they are neighbored by affiliated group 'starrcrew', who keep mostly exclusively to themselves - cult??[/font] [b][font="Century Gothic"]Notes[/font][/b]: [font="Century Gothic"]lore so far is very incomplete, but in progress; highest chance of a dragon having anything to them yet is if they're one of the 15 front pagers. ask about others if wanted, though! [/font] [/indent]
windvs1.png Clan name: Zephyr Rose

Looking for: friends and allies

Specific flight: any! plague would be neat; a good share of the clan has plague origins.
About: a (mostly) peaceful crew, Aldrydi's band has made their home on the Windswept Plateau. they welcome any to join them who find themselves needing a home or place to stay. they hope to find some friends out there to interact or correspond with.
they are neighbored by affiliated group 'starrcrew', who keep mostly exclusively to themselves - cult??

Notes: lore so far is very incomplete, but in progress; highest chance of a dragon having anything to them yet is if they're one of the 15 front pagers. ask about others if wanted, though!
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
@Disillusionist If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
@Disillusionist If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Untitled_Artwork.png
@Disillusionist Glad you like the system! I've been thinking about it a lot since I decided that the Information Depot as actually a thing; it was fun thinking of a system that would be both fair and profitable without being scummy XD. And yeah, it definitely opens a lot of storytelling opportunities for both our clans :D.
@Disillusionist Glad you like the system! I've been thinking about it a lot since I decided that the Information Depot as actually a thing; it was fun thinking of a system that would be both fair and profitable without being scummy XD. And yeah, it definitely opens a lot of storytelling opportunities for both our clans :D.
Hatchery_Signature.png
how do i join?
how do i join?
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78 79