Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Happens During An Exalting?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
In my lore, it's just...well, normal? My Wind flight clan gets travelling dragons that pay to be trained in combat and/or healing, and once the training is over, they follow a mysterious Spiral to the Windsinger's lair. Or wherever he happens to be staying at. Sometimes exalted dragons are seen protecting the flight or acting as ambassadors if they don't like fighting, but they can't talk too much to non-exalted dragons since they're meant to be focused on carrying out their deity's orders.

Some dodgy clans and groups do sacrifice dragons to their deity and claim it's exaltation, but it's really not. It's just dodgy dragons killing 'enemies of the flight' to gain favour from the deities.

....I might have a few dragons doing that. You know, highly dodgy Nature druids sacrificing Plague dragons.
In my lore, it's just...well, normal? My Wind flight clan gets travelling dragons that pay to be trained in combat and/or healing, and once the training is over, they follow a mysterious Spiral to the Windsinger's lair. Or wherever he happens to be staying at. Sometimes exalted dragons are seen protecting the flight or acting as ambassadors if they don't like fighting, but they can't talk too much to non-exalted dragons since they're meant to be focused on carrying out their deity's orders.

Some dodgy clans and groups do sacrifice dragons to their deity and claim it's exaltation, but it's really not. It's just dodgy dragons killing 'enemies of the flight' to gain favour from the deities.

....I might have a few dragons doing that. You know, highly dodgy Nature druids sacrificing Plague dragons.
2LHRMay.png
@Rainbow814

My clan lore is that my lair became half undead after an undead prophet came to them out of the sea. They believe that by giving up their mortality, they serve Icewarden better since they no longer die while guarding shade monstrosities and emperors from ravaging the outside world.

Exalting is death, but not needless death. The dragons to be exalted shamelessly volunteer themselves for the process. Then a celebration is thrown, followed by a solemn ritual. The exalted dragon's spirit goes to help fortify the mystical bindings around each one of the frozen prisons. It's a selfless act that keeps everyone else safe.
@Rainbow814

My clan lore is that my lair became half undead after an undead prophet came to them out of the sea. They believe that by giving up their mortality, they serve Icewarden better since they no longer die while guarding shade monstrosities and emperors from ravaging the outside world.

Exalting is death, but not needless death. The dragons to be exalted shamelessly volunteer themselves for the process. Then a celebration is thrown, followed by a solemn ritual. The exalted dragon's spirit goes to help fortify the mystical bindings around each one of the frozen prisons. It's a selfless act that keeps everyone else safe.
tumblr_inline_o0idijyg7x1qg2i5p_540.png
There's a big ceremony for the honored dragon(s), during which they bid farewell to their clanmates.
Then they fly to their deity's lair, where the exaltees have their magic sucked out of them like they're colorful smoothies.
The deity then uses the tiny boost from the drained power to try to take over more territory as part of their realm.
Back at the clan, everyone talks about what a great honor it is helping their deity.
There's a big ceremony for the honored dragon(s), during which they bid farewell to their clanmates.
Then they fly to their deity's lair, where the exaltees have their magic sucked out of them like they're colorful smoothies.
The deity then uses the tiny boost from the drained power to try to take over more territory as part of their realm.
Back at the clan, everyone talks about what a great honor it is helping their deity.
Because my clan isn't really an 'exalt clan', so as to speak, I've yet to figure out the specifics. However, what I've got is quite similar to @Swiftfire289 's, except it only happens once the dragon has proven themselves to excel in some aspect. Perhaps they're good fighters, or they've got expertise in something. Either way, when a dragon is exalted, they're assigned to different departments depending on what the dragon is good at. The two most common roles are soldiers, and technicians. Some dragons are so good at channeling mana, they actually get to help with power production by way of conjuring thunderstorms (or simply generating electricity), and also act as backup electrical generators.
Because my clan isn't really an 'exalt clan', so as to speak, I've yet to figure out the specifics. However, what I've got is quite similar to @Swiftfire289 's, except it only happens once the dragon has proven themselves to excel in some aspect. Perhaps they're good fighters, or they've got expertise in something. Either way, when a dragon is exalted, they're assigned to different departments depending on what the dragon is good at. The two most common roles are soldiers, and technicians. Some dragons are so good at channeling mana, they actually get to help with power production by way of conjuring thunderstorms (or simply generating electricity), and also act as backup electrical generators.
nudX0O8.png

Please click these little guys, it takes way too long to hatch them.
"Hello and welcome to the Anemos Athenaeum, tours are 10kt :D" "Sign me up!" And then they tour my lair, give me treasure, and then leave. Where do they go? [emoji=left wing size=1][emoji=mirror size=1][emoji=right wing size=1] Not my clan!
"Hello and welcome to the Anemos Athenaeum, tours are 10kt :D"
"Sign me up!"
And then they tour my lair, give me treasure, and then leave.
Where do they go? Not my clan!
the kids just one day go "im gonna go work for the stormcatcher now bye" and theres a big ceremony where they stand on an altar, and then they just fly away
the kids just one day go "im gonna go work for the stormcatcher now bye" and theres a big ceremony where they stand on an altar, and then they just fly away
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
Let's just say these were and are still involved. [item=dead leaf mantis]
Let's just say these were and are still involved.

Dead Leaf Mantis
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Mine varies a bit! My clan in particular thinks that their own lives are somewhat boring because everyone knows the fun happens to the exalted dragons who get to explore the world in the service of Shadowbinder. They get letters sometimes and spend the day circled around them cooing in jealously about all the adventures being had. They also know that other clans, and some beastclans, misinterpret ‘exalting’ and actually mean killing, and that it somehow counts for dom due to weird energy transfer thingys.
So, my clan ends up being more refugee than clan because the standing orders from our matriarch are to not turn away anyone. Most of the refugees are beastclan, luckily, so in-game my dragon storage isn’t being constantly pushed to the limit. Beastclan are especially determined even though it hurts their numbers because dominance is one thing they know they stand a chance against the dragons at (even if they don’t in-game).
Mine varies a bit! My clan in particular thinks that their own lives are somewhat boring because everyone knows the fun happens to the exalted dragons who get to explore the world in the service of Shadowbinder. They get letters sometimes and spend the day circled around them cooing in jealously about all the adventures being had. They also know that other clans, and some beastclans, misinterpret ‘exalting’ and actually mean killing, and that it somehow counts for dom due to weird energy transfer thingys.
So, my clan ends up being more refugee than clan because the standing orders from our matriarch are to not turn away anyone. Most of the refugees are beastclan, luckily, so in-game my dragon storage isn’t being constantly pushed to the limit. Beastclan are especially determined even though it hurts their numbers because dominance is one thing they know they stand a chance against the dragons at (even if they don’t in-game).
dczn1qe-7ea5b2bc-c7a9-4a6a-8ea7-1777b6cff32a.png
that's a yikes from me dawg I just see it as ascending to a higher plane. :y Dragons make pilgrimage to the home of the Deity they wish to serve and their life force is subsumed into the sum total of that deity/element's magical energy. But they still get to keep their individuality and can appear as guiding spirits and stuff/manifest physically to help in battles? So it's sort of like death, but not really. [emoji=skull size=1]
that's a yikes from me dawg

I just see it as ascending to a higher plane. :y Dragons make pilgrimage to the home of the Deity they wish to serve and their life force is subsumed into the sum total of that deity/element's magical energy. But they still get to keep their individuality and can appear as guiding spirits and stuff/manifest physically to help in battles? So it's sort of like death, but not really.
honestly ya'll are SO much more creative than me like??? Lore all defined and excellent and i'm just like hmm what to write?
honestly ya'll are SO much more creative than me like??? Lore all defined and excellent and i'm just like hmm what to write?
I like books, the color yellow, and spaghetti. Starchild125 and o9catgirl are my sisters.

+2 Hours FR Time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9