Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Happens During An Exalting?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ignore all the fake news above. the deities just eat them.
Ignore all the fake news above. the deities just eat them.
Looking for some art for your dragons? click down below!

giphy.gif
I've always imagined some foreign dragons come into the clan and haul the dragon away, it's supposed to be an honorable thing
I've always imagined some foreign dragons come into the clan and haul the dragon away, it's supposed to be an honorable thing
In my lore, exalting is a journey to the Observitory, led by the trainers I use in the coliseum. The payout isn't involved in my lore, though, despite the fact that it's supposed to be a dragon's savings that they leave behind.
In my lore, exalting is a journey to the Observitory, led by the trainers I use in the coliseum. The payout isn't involved in my lore, though, despite the fact that it's supposed to be a dragon's savings that they leave behind.
Exalting for my lore is more of a shorthand for going off into the world to forge your own path. I don't really count fodder I get for exalting to be "canon" in my lore but I like to imagine whatever nests I hatch to be. My clan is pretty small, and I like to think a lot of the hatchlings just want to get out there. Some of them end up serving the Gladekeeper but others just wander around or find homes elsewhere. I like to think some of them drop by from time to time C: Less exciting than what other people do but I'm a simple gal with simple tastes [emoji=bogsneak happy size=1]
Exalting for my lore is more of a shorthand for going off into the world to forge your own path. I don't really count fodder I get for exalting to be "canon" in my lore but I like to imagine whatever nests I hatch to be.

My clan is pretty small, and I like to think a lot of the hatchlings just want to get out there. Some of them end up serving the Gladekeeper but others just wander around or find homes elsewhere. I like to think some of them drop by from time to time C:

Less exciting than what other people do but I'm a simple gal with simple tastes
Sharkie or Quill ~ She/her
I don't have any fancy links or pictures I just like to write lore about and get very attached to colorful pixels in the shapes of dragons
I imagine them just announcing that they're going to serve Droolmom, and then they leave, leaving behind money.
I imagine them just announcing that they're going to serve Droolmom, and then they leave, leaving behind money.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="eternalstar" date="2019-06-21 04:48:16" ] some mage dragon opens a portal and says "i exalt these dragons for the service of blahblahblah" and then when the exaltees step through they're at the deity's domain and get put to work doing whatever [/quote] something like this. especially as a lightning kid most of my exalted dragons likely go straight to work directly in the spire
eternalstar wrote on 2019-06-21 04:48:16:
some mage dragon opens a portal and says "i exalt these dragons for the service of blahblahblah" and then when the exaltees step through they're at the deity's domain and get put to work doing whatever

something like this. especially as a lightning kid most of my exalted dragons likely go straight to work directly in the spire
_ uJUjYix.png
welcome to
my kitchen__

· delta | 23
· he/him
· fr time +1

if you can see this, i'm using this text to right align my next colu-
mn lol
WBsJuD1.png
With most dragons of Crow Callers, a ceremony is held for the dragon being exalted. At the end of the ceremony, they will ascend into the sky (or, rocket into the sky.. especially if it's a Fae). The one notable exception to this was Grimsley, who was murdered by his brother instead.
In Deer's Death, yeah, they just kill the dragon being exalted.

Regardless of what happens, after the exaltation is done, the dragon becomes a servant to the Plaguebringer (and sometimes Shadowbinder, since my clans are fairly close to Shadow territory - or they take turns). Often this means serving in a war, but it can also just mean helping the deities with certain tasks (such as being a messenger, or writing things for them)
With most dragons of Crow Callers, a ceremony is held for the dragon being exalted. At the end of the ceremony, they will ascend into the sky (or, rocket into the sky.. especially if it's a Fae). The one notable exception to this was Grimsley, who was murdered by his brother instead.
In Deer's Death, yeah, they just kill the dragon being exalted.

Regardless of what happens, after the exaltation is done, the dragon becomes a servant to the Plaguebringer (and sometimes Shadowbinder, since my clans are fairly close to Shadow territory - or they take turns). Often this means serving in a war, but it can also just mean helping the deities with certain tasks (such as being a messenger, or writing things for them)
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
For me it's a very happy celebration of life! In my lore, exalting is the highest honor, and dragons that get exalted are respected and held in high regard. There is a big ceremony and celebration in their name, and then they journey off to the exalt pillar, where the Deity comes to take them under their wing as an honorable companion!
For me it's a very happy celebration of life! In my lore, exalting is the highest honor, and dragons that get exalted are respected and held in high regard. There is a big ceremony and celebration in their name, and then they journey off to the exalt pillar, where the Deity comes to take them under their wing as an honorable companion!
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
Dragons exalted to Shadowbinder are thrown into her drool pool
Dragons exalted to Shadowbinder are thrown into her drool pool
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
The exaltees are given a pat on the back, a knapsack with supplies, and then sent off to find their diety and serve them. It’s like a fun old journey to this grand utopia, in my mind.
The exaltees are given a pat on the back, a knapsack with supplies, and then sent off to find their diety and serve them. It’s like a fun old journey to this grand utopia, in my mind.
l9szmFh.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9