Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hit me with all your clan/lair lore!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
[quote name="CirrusAscending" date="2019-06-17 04:04:44" ] @TwinMoon That's a good approach to take! I adopted an Earth Ridgeback recently, so that she can serve as the clan's builder (the Phrontistery is carved in the side of a mesa, and with it being a laboratory, as well as quite a few members being Spiral Dragons, there'd definitely be a need for an Earth dragon who could reinforce the lair and expand it as needed). I also adopted a bunch of dragons for lore purposes (The Phrontistery is said to be diverse, and has lots of dragons from different flights living there - but it's not very convincing when half the elements are missing from said lair!) Also, maybe we could consider an alliance RP-wise? I think Sternbilt would get along well with them (provided that he can be convinced to perform!). [/quote] I need to get some more Ridgeys myself, they're my favorite of the Common level breeds. (If I sell my XXY Gaoler Ghostie for as much as I'm hoping for the lair's getting an expansion so I can bring in more perma's that don't breed.) I need to do more thinking about what the physical lair of my clan looks like too, I like the thought of dragon labs. I always love the dichotomy between the dragons that have hands or hand-like paws and those that do not, and the size different between the different species tickles me as well, so I'm always trying to think of how that affects the architecture and design... As for an alliance I'm definitely into it! I was thinking of moving my clan to the coast and switching to Water for a clan storyline too, so that's something I'm going to work on my thoughts for...
CirrusAscending wrote on 2019-06-17 04:04:44:
@TwinMoon That's a good approach to take! I adopted an Earth Ridgeback recently, so that she can serve as the clan's builder (the Phrontistery is carved in the side of a mesa, and with it being a laboratory, as well as quite a few members being Spiral Dragons, there'd definitely be a need for an Earth dragon who could reinforce the lair and expand it as needed). I also adopted a bunch of dragons for lore purposes (The Phrontistery is said to be diverse, and has lots of dragons from different flights living there - but it's not very convincing when half the elements are missing from said lair!)

Also, maybe we could consider an alliance RP-wise? I think Sternbilt would get along well with them (provided that he can be convinced to perform!).

I need to get some more Ridgeys myself, they're my favorite of the Common level breeds. (If I sell my XXY Gaoler Ghostie for as much as I'm hoping for the lair's getting an expansion so I can bring in more perma's that don't breed.)

I need to do more thinking about what the physical lair of my clan looks like too, I like the thought of dragon labs. I always love the dichotomy between the dragons that have hands or hand-like paws and those that do not, and the size different between the different species tickles me as well, so I'm always trying to think of how that affects the architecture and design...

As for an alliance I'm definitely into it!

I was thinking of moving my clan to the coast and switching to Water for a clan storyline too, so that's something I'm going to work on my thoughts for...
So I’m purging and it’s really cool for my lore!

Basically, my ‘old’ clan Heatherscope used to be tons of faes, then they were attacked, only two dragons survived (my progenitors) and from there lots of breed variation came. Soon royals, (gen1s) came who became the superior part of the clan and then this is where most of my lore currently is.

This clan lived underground in tunnels going through all of sornieth. The reason these tunnels were never found is because there’s the big main clan cave, and the other tunnels are extremely small and only a fae, (from the original clan) would be able to squeeze through.

Since both of my progenitors ended up with Obsidian, “a shadowy color” that’s why my clan settled in the tangled woods.

Trying to summarize here so I don’t kill you of boredom.

Anyway, I’m lair purging and moving to earth so I’m thinking that Pearlwing (the current leader) decided to give up his position ending up with Marissa and Kero (who are going to be the new earth leaders becoming leaders. Their son Chalek, who is not very earthy is going to be kept secret and hidden behind a waterfall, where a ton of lore will happen.

So I’m purging and it’s really cool for my lore!

Basically, my ‘old’ clan Heatherscope used to be tons of faes, then they were attacked, only two dragons survived (my progenitors) and from there lots of breed variation came. Soon royals, (gen1s) came who became the superior part of the clan and then this is where most of my lore currently is.

This clan lived underground in tunnels going through all of sornieth. The reason these tunnels were never found is because there’s the big main clan cave, and the other tunnels are extremely small and only a fae, (from the original clan) would be able to squeeze through.

Since both of my progenitors ended up with Obsidian, “a shadowy color” that’s why my clan settled in the tangled woods.

Trying to summarize here so I don’t kill you of boredom.

Anyway, I’m lair purging and moving to earth so I’m thinking that Pearlwing (the current leader) decided to give up his position ending up with Marissa and Kero (who are going to be the new earth leaders becoming leaders. Their son Chalek, who is not very earthy is going to be kept secret and hidden behind a waterfall, where a ton of lore will happen.

hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
@Rabigrace I like how 'real-world events' (e.g. lair purges, inactivity, flight changes, etc.) can change how the lore goes. And that's a very good explanation as to how your clan was never discovered!

Hmm, why would Chalek be hidden behind a waterfall?
@Rabigrace I like how 'real-world events' (e.g. lair purges, inactivity, flight changes, etc.) can change how the lore goes. And that's a very good explanation as to how your clan was never discovered!

Hmm, why would Chalek be hidden behind a waterfall?
nudX0O8.png

Please click these little guys, it takes way too long to hatch them.
@twinMoon Yeah, one of the first things that I thought about was what my lair looked like physically. I went with a lair carved into the side of a mesa that had been expanded from a cavate, as it made the most sense (Stormsurge could fit into the tiny space as a fae, then when Zoroark came around, he could've helped to expand it via his strength).

I've never really thought about the difference between dragons with hands/hand-like paws and dragons that don't! That'll definitely be fun to take into consideration, and it could make for a nice little side story!

Yay! Be sure to let me know when the flight moves!
@twinMoon Yeah, one of the first things that I thought about was what my lair looked like physically. I went with a lair carved into the side of a mesa that had been expanded from a cavate, as it made the most sense (Stormsurge could fit into the tiny space as a fae, then when Zoroark came around, he could've helped to expand it via his strength).

I've never really thought about the difference between dragons with hands/hand-like paws and dragons that don't! That'll definitely be fun to take into consideration, and it could make for a nice little side story!

Yay! Be sure to let me know when the flight moves!
nudX0O8.png

Ok, some more random clan lore that's actually lair-related for once:
The Phrontistery was developed from a cavate in the side of a mesa that Stormsurge found. Zoroark helped to expand the lair, until there was enough room for several dragons to live in it comfortably. The arrival of two Water Dragons sped up the process significantly, but because they didn't really know what they were doing, it gradually messed up the structural integrity of the surrounding rock, a process exacerbated by the arrival and antics of two certain Spirals, and there was a risk of the entire lair collapsing. To combat this, a geokinetic earth dragon by the name of Sedimentary was hired to undo the damage and reinforce the lair, and Sedimentary ended up staying, so the situation's pretty much resolved now.

TL;DR: This is why it's not a good idea to go digging willy-nilly into the side of a mountain/mesa/cliff without regard for structural integrity, or: reality ensues.
Ok, some more random clan lore that's actually lair-related for once:
The Phrontistery was developed from a cavate in the side of a mesa that Stormsurge found. Zoroark helped to expand the lair, until there was enough room for several dragons to live in it comfortably. The arrival of two Water Dragons sped up the process significantly, but because they didn't really know what they were doing, it gradually messed up the structural integrity of the surrounding rock, a process exacerbated by the arrival and antics of two certain Spirals, and there was a risk of the entire lair collapsing. To combat this, a geokinetic earth dragon by the name of Sedimentary was hired to undo the damage and reinforce the lair, and Sedimentary ended up staying, so the situation's pretty much resolved now.

TL;DR: This is why it's not a good idea to go digging willy-nilly into the side of a mountain/mesa/cliff without regard for structural integrity, or: reality ensues.
nudX0O8.png

Random lore: Although the Phrontistery is a research lab/workshop, most of the dragons there don't really know what 'proper lab protocol' is. Resheph is the biggest offender: Asclepius has had to remind him multiple times that even if he is a Plague Dragon, it's not good form to dispose of pathogenic cultures by drinking them.
Random lore: Although the Phrontistery is a research lab/workshop, most of the dragons there don't really know what 'proper lab protocol' is. Resheph is the biggest offender: Asclepius has had to remind him multiple times that even if he is a Plague Dragon, it's not good form to dispose of pathogenic cultures by drinking them.
nudX0O8.png

//casually puts this here because it's too much lore for one post

i like how thought out your lore is :0 it's really cool!
//casually puts this here because it's too much lore for one post

i like how thought out your lore is :0 it's really cool!
I have a link to my lore thread in my signature, but it's like... an eternal wip tbh. ^^;;

The basics are that my clan is actually a den of monsters and other creatures that are masquerading as dragons via rune-based illusions! Some of them are Beastclan, some of them various mythical creatures, others monsters I made up or that are loosely based on a creature from stories. Some of them look enough like dragons without an illusion, but others are the furthest thing from one. Sylvus is the only real dragon of the bunch and dearly beloved by the clan leader.

Anathema is the founder, with Sylvus as her second. The clan was founded half because Sylvus just kept bringing strays back home and half because they wanted to give a home to those that couldn't find one. They're borderline isolationist, but won't become hostile unless given reason and actually love to entertain (polite) guests. A lot of them are vain or prideful little things, so having guests' attention always puts them in a good (if offputting) mood. They really only scavange ruins for treasures, induldge in their hobbies and vices, and party, honestly. They're just here to have a good time (for the most part). Sadly things Just Keep Happening.
I have a link to my lore thread in my signature, but it's like... an eternal wip tbh. ^^;;

The basics are that my clan is actually a den of monsters and other creatures that are masquerading as dragons via rune-based illusions! Some of them are Beastclan, some of them various mythical creatures, others monsters I made up or that are loosely based on a creature from stories. Some of them look enough like dragons without an illusion, but others are the furthest thing from one. Sylvus is the only real dragon of the bunch and dearly beloved by the clan leader.

Anathema is the founder, with Sylvus as her second. The clan was founded half because Sylvus just kept bringing strays back home and half because they wanted to give a home to those that couldn't find one. They're borderline isolationist, but won't become hostile unless given reason and actually love to entertain (polite) guests. A lot of them are vain or prideful little things, so having guests' attention always puts them in a good (if offputting) mood. They really only scavange ruins for treasures, induldge in their hobbies and vices, and party, honestly. They're just here to have a good time (for the most part). Sadly things Just Keep Happening.
.............ZRFPHFU.png
Amri/Abyss || FR+3 || They/Them
zu5O19Q.png
Lore Thread || Tumblr || Toyhouse
zu5O19Q.png
Wish List || Goal List
DaxXxIb.png
@Dynami If my clan's lore's thought-out, your clan's blows mine right out of the water. Also, I love the characterisation, especially of the leaders - lots of people give their dragons personalities that aren't reflected in their dragon's actions, or end up giving them flat, static, two-dimensional personalities in an attempt to avert this, so to avert all of this successfully is really rather impressive!
@Dynami If my clan's lore's thought-out, your clan's blows mine right out of the water. Also, I love the characterisation, especially of the leaders - lots of people give their dragons personalities that aren't reflected in their dragon's actions, or end up giving them flat, static, two-dimensional personalities in an attempt to avert this, so to avert all of this successfully is really rather impressive!
nudX0O8.png

@CirrusAscending

Short Description: Demons here, exorcists there, gays everywhere

Ok, ok for real though. Hallow basically founded Dokk Galdur (I'm too lazy to put the dots above the 'o' tbh) after her mother was possessed by an arch demon and killed. So, she read up on how to perform exorcisms (thanks to NightWeaver helping her get started) and began practicing on lesser demons. She often had NightWeaver help her with these exorcisms and with the more powerful demons, she had to transfer the demon into a corpse or into the body of a terminally ill dragon. After much practice, they finally worked their way up to arch demons and would travel across each flight's territory in order to investigate claims of possession. All of them turned out to be false alarms until Kaiyo (Hallow's newly elected apprentice) brought her a message. Long story short, they found an arch demon Leviathan in the Fortress of Ends before subduing her and bringing her back to the lair. Skipping ahead by a year, Leviathan had free reign of the lair (as long as she wore shackles that inhibited her power), and was currently dating Nightweaver. The two got in an argument one night and NightWeaver's humanity (dragonity?) was burned away. And somehow the two are now married.

So yea, that's a long summary, but I got a lot more to write but I'm lazy as heck
@CirrusAscending

Short Description: Demons here, exorcists there, gays everywhere

Ok, ok for real though. Hallow basically founded Dokk Galdur (I'm too lazy to put the dots above the 'o' tbh) after her mother was possessed by an arch demon and killed. So, she read up on how to perform exorcisms (thanks to NightWeaver helping her get started) and began practicing on lesser demons. She often had NightWeaver help her with these exorcisms and with the more powerful demons, she had to transfer the demon into a corpse or into the body of a terminally ill dragon. After much practice, they finally worked their way up to arch demons and would travel across each flight's territory in order to investigate claims of possession. All of them turned out to be false alarms until Kaiyo (Hallow's newly elected apprentice) brought her a message. Long story short, they found an arch demon Leviathan in the Fortress of Ends before subduing her and bringing her back to the lair. Skipping ahead by a year, Leviathan had free reign of the lair (as long as she wore shackles that inhibited her power), and was currently dating Nightweaver. The two got in an argument one night and NightWeaver's humanity (dragonity?) was burned away. And somehow the two are now married.

So yea, that's a long summary, but I got a lot more to write but I'm lazy as heck
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31