Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 399 400 401 402 403 ... 706 707
@mermaidlorelei I had something written here, but I wasn't happy with it at all. I was hit with inspiration, so I'm writing something different. This won't take nearly as long as the first story did

@mermaidlorelei I had something written here, but I wasn't happy with it at all. I was hit with inspiration, so I'm writing something different. This won't take nearly as long as the first story did

QFXpYkj.png
@Decaffeinated Claim! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51543764] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/515438/51543764_350.png[/img] [/url] For as long as she remembers,her parents had been constantly telling her how the eleven gods are sacret,with their own flight god being the most holly of all,how all Beastclans are pure evil and she should be the one to rid Sornienth of them forever. Yet what they've never told her,is that there were once other deities long before the current elements and that they lived in peaceful symbiosis with beasfolks. They never told her how the eleven sealed them deep into the world's magma core,forcing them into slumber and thus took over. They destroyed,burned and tore away at what was once a thriving land and banished the beasts from their lands,creating dragons to replace them with. One night however,the truth finally broke free as Deanerys fell asleep. She woke up slowly in another realm,unknown and vast with wisps of violet smoke here and there while the sky appeared to be coral pink with a golden sun and a mint colored lake surrounded by forests of Starwood trees and Sakura cherry blossoms. Their leaves were swaying gently in seemingly nonexistent winds. Everything was so soft and soothing,a low rumble echoing softly like snores of a sleeping Guardian,exempt few times louder. Many dragons and beasts can be seen roaming the place,somewhat airy and peaceful smiles on their faces. There were also Harpies and Talonoks who were carelessly soaring through the skies,huming jolly melodies. Curious Deanerys approached the lake and peered into the waters only to gasp and recoil at the sight of about six gigantic wyverns laying beneath the surface,all sleeping. The hatchling reached out a tentative hand and lightly touched the lake's surface,watching the beings underneath-none reacted or moved. "Hello? Who are you?“ She called out and flinched when one of the wyverns opened their eyes and swam up,out of the water-it was gigantic and with blush skin as well as soft fluffy mane. It was like a mixture between a Pearlcather,Imperial and a Tundra dragon,eyes blank and glowing. Its voice was feminine yet still rumbling and echoing as it spoke in a language that was foreign and ancient,yet the young dragon could very well understand. "I am Deraden,one of the eight ancients...What is little one doing in Realm of resting souls? Little one should not be here..." "I'm Deanerys! Also who are the Ancients?" The sage smiled and laid on the shore of the lake,tail curling around it. "I see little Deanerys does not know our story...Allow me to tell a long forgotten tale...." By the end of the story,the Bogsneak was nestled in the deity's lushious,soft and fluffy mane,looking around in awe and wonder. It's so calm and peaceful here,her mind was clear of worries,of lies and other issues. However now her heart burned with fury she had never known before-how could they do that to them? Why? Tidelord,Shadowbinder,Lightweaver,Gladekeeper,Plaguebringer,Earthshaker,Icewarden,Windsinger,Flamecaller and Arcanist-they were all supposed to be good and holly yet they have done horrible deeds. "Do not be angered young one...Sun is rising and night is fleeing,I am afraid it is time for little one to leave-go back.." Deanerys pouted in disappointment,not wanting to wake up,or go back. "But it's so peaceful here! I don't want to go back!"She whined and the sage gently lowered her to the ground then sat up,smiling. "Worry not little one,we shall meet again..now go." The young dragon woke up and looked around,hoping to see the deity but she was nowhere in sight,only a sweet heart swan was standing in front of her just a meter away. Suddenly Deanerys grinned happily and chripped "Deraden!" The bird spared one last promising look at her and flew off,leaving the hatchling to stare after it.
@Decaffeinated Claim!

51543764_350.png

For as long as she remembers,her parents had been constantly telling her how the eleven gods are sacret,with their own flight god being the most holly of all,how all Beastclans are pure evil and she should be the one to rid Sornienth of them forever.
Yet what they've never told her,is that there were once other deities long before the current elements and that they lived in peaceful symbiosis with beasfolks.

They never told her how the eleven sealed them deep into the world's magma core,forcing them into slumber and thus took over.
They destroyed,burned and tore away at what was once a thriving land and banished the beasts from their lands,creating dragons to replace them with.
One night however,the truth finally broke free as Deanerys fell asleep.

She woke up slowly in another realm,unknown and vast with wisps of violet smoke here and there while the sky appeared to be coral pink with a golden sun and a mint colored lake surrounded by forests of Starwood trees and Sakura cherry blossoms.
Their leaves were swaying gently in seemingly nonexistent winds.

Everything was so soft and soothing,a low rumble echoing softly like snores of a sleeping Guardian,exempt few times louder.
Many dragons and beasts can be seen roaming the place,somewhat airy and peaceful smiles on their faces.
There were also Harpies and Talonoks who were carelessly soaring through the skies,huming jolly melodies.

Curious Deanerys approached the lake and peered into the waters only to gasp and recoil at the sight of about six gigantic wyverns laying beneath the surface,all sleeping.
The hatchling reached out a tentative hand and lightly touched the lake's surface,watching the beings underneath-none reacted or moved.

"Hello? Who are you?“ She called out and flinched when one of the wyverns opened their eyes and swam up,out of the water-it was gigantic and with blush skin as well as soft fluffy mane.
It was like a mixture between a Pearlcather,Imperial and a Tundra dragon,eyes blank and glowing.
Its voice was feminine yet still rumbling and echoing as it spoke in a language that was foreign and ancient,yet the young dragon could very well understand.

"I am Deraden,one of the eight ancients...What is little one doing in Realm of resting souls? Little one should not be here..."
"I'm Deanerys! Also who are the Ancients?"
The sage smiled and laid on the shore of the lake,tail curling around it.

"I see little Deanerys does not know our story...Allow me to tell a long forgotten tale...."
By the end of the story,the Bogsneak was nestled in the deity's lushious,soft and fluffy mane,looking around in awe and wonder.
It's so calm and peaceful here,her mind was clear of worries,of lies and other issues.
However now her heart burned with fury she had never known before-how could they do that to them? Why?

Tidelord,Shadowbinder,Lightweaver,Gladekeeper,Plaguebringer,Earthshaker,Icewarden,Windsinger,Flamecaller and Arcanist-they were all supposed to be good and holly yet they have done horrible deeds.
"Do not be angered young one...Sun is rising and night is fleeing,I am afraid it is time for little one to leave-go back.."
Deanerys pouted in disappointment,not wanting to wake up,or go back.
"But it's so peaceful here! I don't want to go back!"She whined and the sage gently lowered her to the ground then sat up,smiling.
"Worry not little one,we shall meet again..now go."

The young dragon woke up and looked around,hoping to see the deity but she was nowhere in sight,only a sweet heart swan was standing in front of her just a meter away.
Suddenly Deanerys grinned happily and chripped "Deraden!"
The bird spared one last promising look at her and flew off,leaving the hatchling to stare after it.
1623183848670.png Clan Tainted shadows
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
"Don't forget to smile from time to time."
1617910529009-1.png Always interested in RPing!
Bio codes! (Free)
@Decaffeinated [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51569124] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/515692/51569124_350.png[/img] [/url] Daylight streamed through the heavy branches as Merem broke through the damp soil of his tomb. Birds sang high in the canopy and small things scuttered in the brush. A beautiful day. From below roots pushed him upwards and from above trees leaned heavy and full to offer support. After so long underground he lacked the raw strength to simply burst free. But, nature had always been his to call, just as all the other Golems controlled their particular elements. And if Merem had woken, so probably had the others. He didn't have much time. Not if he wanted to stop them. He and his kin had been born from Chaos long, long ago, meant only for conquest and destruction. But a small few had managed to find another way, sought something more than death. After all, entropy would consume the world without their help someday. The more impressive fight was delaying the inevitable as long as possible. Or so, once the Dream Golem had taught Merem. Back when the Dream Golem still recalled his own nature, back before he sacrificed everything to trap his brethen beneath the stone and dirt of the world. Merem hoped that Drop remained sane after all these eons wandering awake while his brothers and sisters slept. Because if the Dream Golem had gone mad there was no hope for any of them. With a sigh, Merem finished disinterring himself, loose soil and pebbles raining from his hide. He'd lost much in the fight-power, strength, size. But he had never lost his hope. It would have to be enough.
@Decaffeinated

51569124_350.png

Daylight streamed through the heavy branches as Merem broke through the damp soil of his tomb. Birds sang high in the canopy and small things scuttered in the brush. A beautiful day.

From below roots pushed him upwards and from above trees leaned heavy and full to offer support. After so long underground he lacked the raw strength to simply burst free.

But, nature had always been his to call, just as all the other Golems controlled their particular elements. And if Merem had woken, so probably had the others. He didn't have much time. Not if he wanted to stop them.

He and his kin had been born from Chaos long, long ago, meant only for conquest and destruction. But a small few had managed to find another way, sought something more than death. After all, entropy would consume the world without their help someday.

The more impressive fight was delaying the inevitable as long as possible. Or so, once the Dream Golem had taught Merem. Back when the Dream Golem still recalled his own nature, back before he sacrificed everything to trap his brethen beneath the stone and dirt of the world.

Merem hoped that Drop remained sane after all these eons wandering awake while his brothers and sisters slept. Because if the Dream Golem had gone mad there was no hope for any of them.

With a sigh, Merem finished disinterring himself, loose soil and pebbles raining from his hide. He'd lost much in the fight-power, strength, size. But he had never lost his hope.

It would have to be enough.
5uiycuK.pnglg4Dhjm.pngsk6EBUK.pngVdIvDLJ.pngKe9i9hi.pngsvyKPF9.png
@ShadowWyvern15 Interesting lore! I'll send the little dreamer your way (though I don't think it's fair to call her that seeing as she's woken up...) @LadyChipmunk One more golem heading your way! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@ShadowWyvern15 Interesting lore! I'll send the little dreamer your way (though I don't think it's fair to call her that seeing as she's woken up...)

@LadyChipmunk One more golem heading your way!
@decaffeinated Here's the lore! [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51328341&skin=0&apparel=5696,2959,2597,741,1254,2603,4005&xt=dressing.png[/img] ((Told from the point of view of Cloudrise, Spiral at the bottom!)) [i]Starjumper. A fitting name for a warrior.[/i] She thought to herself as she approached the guardian, a smile on her face. "Welcome Starjumper, to the Sacred Sanctuary. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you are settling in well?" The spiral bowed her head slightly, a mischievous gleam in her eye. "It's nice here. Cold. I like the cold. I'm a simple dragon." He chuckled. Cloudrise smiled and shared in the chuckle. "It would appear that you and I share a relative. Does the name "Whisper" mean anything to you?" She cocked her head to the side. Waiting. "Great Grandma Whisper. Yes. She was a wonderful pearl catcher. I don't remember her very well but I remember the stories my mother told me. She left us to go serve under the Stormcatcher." Cloudrise nodded. "That is correct. It would seem that you're looking to take after her. Be a warrior. Is that your wish Starjumper? To be a warrior? To help protect the Sacred Sanctuary in the upcoming war?" Starjumper ruffled his wings and stood up taller. "It is. It is my wish to carry on her legacy. To protect my family. To die trying if the need arises." "Then kneel. Kneel before me Starjumper." Cloudrise stated in a hushed tone. He obeyed, kneeling before her. Never breaking eye contact. Cloudrise laid the tip of her tail on his shoulders. "By the power vested in me by our Matriarch Winterdawn, rise. Rise as a newly made Knight of the Sanctuary. Sworn protector of the Northern Realms. Accept this gift as a sign of your new position within our ranks, and a companion for your travels." A small fae appeared, reaching out with a set of steel scale armor in her hands. A Cragward Custodian behind her, holding it's shield. "This is Calix, he will be your companion." Cloudrise stated, motioning towards the custodian. "Your training begins in the morning. You will need to report to Atheris. He is the captain of the guard. Do you have any questions Starjumper?" The guardian shook his head as he put the armor on. "No Ma'am. I'm ready." Cloudrise nodded once. She turned to the gathered dragons. "Welcome then, to our newest Knight of the Sanctuary! Starjumper!" The gathered dragons cheered and flapped their wings in welcome. -end- The custodian said nothing but nodded his head once. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39381383] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/393814/39381383_350.png[/img] [/url]
@decaffeinated Here's the lore!
dragon?did=51328341&skin=0&apparel=5696,2959,2597,741,1254,2603,4005&xt=dressing.png

((Told from the point of view of Cloudrise, Spiral at the bottom!))

Starjumper. A fitting name for a warrior. She thought to herself as she approached the guardian, a smile on her face.

"Welcome Starjumper, to the Sacred Sanctuary. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you are settling in well?" The spiral bowed her head slightly, a mischievous gleam in her eye.

"It's nice here. Cold. I like the cold. I'm a simple dragon." He chuckled.

Cloudrise smiled and shared in the chuckle.

"It would appear that you and I share a relative. Does the name "Whisper" mean anything to you?" She cocked her head to the side. Waiting.

"Great Grandma Whisper. Yes. She was a wonderful pearl catcher. I don't remember her very well but I remember the stories my mother told me. She left us to go serve under the Stormcatcher."

Cloudrise nodded. "That is correct. It would seem that you're looking to take after her. Be a warrior. Is that your wish Starjumper? To be a warrior? To help protect the Sacred Sanctuary in the upcoming war?"

Starjumper ruffled his wings and stood up taller. "It is. It is my wish to carry on her legacy. To protect my family. To die trying if the need arises."

"Then kneel. Kneel before me Starjumper." Cloudrise stated in a hushed tone.

He obeyed, kneeling before her. Never breaking eye contact.

Cloudrise laid the tip of her tail on his shoulders.

"By the power vested in me by our Matriarch Winterdawn, rise. Rise as a newly made Knight of the Sanctuary. Sworn protector of the Northern Realms. Accept this gift as a sign of your new position within our ranks, and a companion for your travels."

A small fae appeared, reaching out with a set of steel scale armor in her hands. A Cragward Custodian behind her, holding it's shield.

"This is Calix, he will be your companion." Cloudrise stated, motioning towards the custodian.

"Your training begins in the morning. You will need to report to Atheris. He is the captain of the guard. Do you have any questions Starjumper?"

The guardian shook his head as he put the armor on. "No Ma'am. I'm ready."

Cloudrise nodded once. She turned to the gathered dragons.

"Welcome then, to our newest Knight of the Sanctuary! Starjumper!"

The gathered dragons cheered and flapped their wings in welcome.

-end-
The custodian said nothing but nodded his head once.

39381383_350.png
3+ Hours |
ALWAYS Ping me!
YXIQUNz.gif
@Decaffeinated

Little Mist

Where the herd of water dragons love to linger the most, this young maiden loves to wander off on her own, her curiosity taking wing and for her solitude to bloom. It's not that she is shy, or afraid to be judged by the others in her lovely herd. They're hospitable, friendly and supportive to their kind and to others. But she adored the silence and peace. That's something not to be mistaken as to be in favor of the loneliness. That darkness swallows her whole. Solitude is when Little Mist can feel calm in the shadows with gleams of light showering around her, akin to the stars that glimmer across the fields of the night sky.

The one moment where she can be herself is when she takes a bath in the springs far deep in the forest. Her favorite spot is hidden in the little cove the waterfall makes, hiding her behind the falls. The moon's light always shines over top, making the water glow like liquid moonstone. Sometimes there are little fishes that come out to play, lightly brushing hellos across her scales that she giggles to herself. Whether warm or cold, the water is light a gentle blanket cushioning around her body. This was truly heaven if such a place exists. She hopes to have one for herself in that infamous spirit world.
She does stay too long, afraid her loved ones may worry for her missing presence. She bids farewell to the wonderful falls. Mist misses the mist of the little cold breeze of water droplets but she knows she can come back and greet it again. Like two old friends going on their own journeys, there will be another time that they shall meet and reconnect.

The little mist wanders back home having their final feast for the night. Her head is clear, and her complexion brightened. She is truly shining, just like the many little fireflies stuck in the sky. She adores the view, the gift of nature that surrounds them before curling herself up into a comfortable position. She visits her dreams again; her wonderful and endless swim.
@Decaffeinated

Little Mist

Where the herd of water dragons love to linger the most, this young maiden loves to wander off on her own, her curiosity taking wing and for her solitude to bloom. It's not that she is shy, or afraid to be judged by the others in her lovely herd. They're hospitable, friendly and supportive to their kind and to others. But she adored the silence and peace. That's something not to be mistaken as to be in favor of the loneliness. That darkness swallows her whole. Solitude is when Little Mist can feel calm in the shadows with gleams of light showering around her, akin to the stars that glimmer across the fields of the night sky.

The one moment where she can be herself is when she takes a bath in the springs far deep in the forest. Her favorite spot is hidden in the little cove the waterfall makes, hiding her behind the falls. The moon's light always shines over top, making the water glow like liquid moonstone. Sometimes there are little fishes that come out to play, lightly brushing hellos across her scales that she giggles to herself. Whether warm or cold, the water is light a gentle blanket cushioning around her body. This was truly heaven if such a place exists. She hopes to have one for herself in that infamous spirit world.
She does stay too long, afraid her loved ones may worry for her missing presence. She bids farewell to the wonderful falls. Mist misses the mist of the little cold breeze of water droplets but she knows she can come back and greet it again. Like two old friends going on their own journeys, there will be another time that they shall meet and reconnect.

The little mist wanders back home having their final feast for the night. Her head is clear, and her complexion brightened. She is truly shining, just like the many little fireflies stuck in the sky. She adores the view, the gift of nature that surrounds them before curling herself up into a comfortable position. She visits her dreams again; her wonderful and endless swim.
eUMpoZl.png‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
Gem Exchange
Toyhouse‎‎
DragCave
Wishlist
Projects
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ SrZlsqf.png
@Emberlight It does make you wonder, is she a queen because they told her so, or because she decided she was? Nicely done.

@LadyParagon I hope he (and his friend) enjoy their new home!

@FORSCIENCE I can, yes.

@Moonchild42 You have technically exceeded the time limit for your hold, but I will give you until rollover tonight to complete lore for him.
@Emberlight It does make you wonder, is she a queen because they told her so, or because she decided she was? Nicely done.

@LadyParagon I hope he (and his friend) enjoy their new home!

@FORSCIENCE I can, yes.

@Moonchild42 You have technically exceeded the time limit for your hold, but I will give you until rollover tonight to complete lore for him.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Shaddeh A great introduction to Starjumper ^-^ he's on his way to serve!

@Azurine Very peaceful piece, I love it!
@Shaddeh A great introduction to Starjumper ^-^ he's on his way to serve!

@Azurine Very peaceful piece, I love it!
@mermaidlorelei

Loyalty is a fascinating thing. Bees are so loyal to their queen they'll die for her.
I once knew a human man who was quite like a bee. He loved a woman, a queen, but so did every other man under her direction; she couldn't have loved all of them back. He was merely another soldier, as it had always been where he lived. He fought wars for her and defended his home and made honey and cared for the children.
In return, the queen was a good queen. She gave her soldiers and workers everything they could ever ask for. Just like bees, they only asked for a place to sleep and things to eat. It was a cheerful, thriving kingdom they kept.
But even good queens make mistakes.
The queen bee was known as a skeptic. She believed only in the material world; she laughed at mysterious forces and paranormal activity. Her workers came to her with tales of bizarre happenings outside the walls, and she told them there was nothing to worry about. The reports piled up over time, and finally she sent her bravest soldier--our human man I mentioned earlier--to disprove any notion of ghosts or monsters lurking outside.
He courageously strode right outside the boundaries of his hive, right to the thick woods that served as a border for the bee-like people, and entered it without a second thought. So strong was his faith in his queen that he was absolutely certain nothing could hurt him out here.
The spirit folk dwelling in those trees had never seen such an act of audacity. They were quite taken by surprise. "Human man!" they gasped. "What is this? You dare enter our realm without an invitation!"
The human man laughed. "I was invited by my queen, the lady of my hive kingdom! Silly spirits."
"You've never spoken one word to us, and now you enter our world and laugh at the intrusion?" The spirits hissed with indignant fury and began to boil. "You will pay for your arrogance!"
They bound the human man to a tree. He smiled to himself, waiting for his queen to come and find him.
Over the centuries, the tree grew around the man. He didn't notice. The only thing that occupied his mind was his lady, the glorious golden woman who directed his people.
As he became part of the tree, its leaves and bark turned to pure gold.
When the tree was struck by lightning a thousand years later, a dragon the color of the sun stepped out. He shook himself off and happily got back to work making honey.
He was a strange one, that Gladiolus.
@mermaidlorelei

Loyalty is a fascinating thing. Bees are so loyal to their queen they'll die for her.
I once knew a human man who was quite like a bee. He loved a woman, a queen, but so did every other man under her direction; she couldn't have loved all of them back. He was merely another soldier, as it had always been where he lived. He fought wars for her and defended his home and made honey and cared for the children.
In return, the queen was a good queen. She gave her soldiers and workers everything they could ever ask for. Just like bees, they only asked for a place to sleep and things to eat. It was a cheerful, thriving kingdom they kept.
But even good queens make mistakes.
The queen bee was known as a skeptic. She believed only in the material world; she laughed at mysterious forces and paranormal activity. Her workers came to her with tales of bizarre happenings outside the walls, and she told them there was nothing to worry about. The reports piled up over time, and finally she sent her bravest soldier--our human man I mentioned earlier--to disprove any notion of ghosts or monsters lurking outside.
He courageously strode right outside the boundaries of his hive, right to the thick woods that served as a border for the bee-like people, and entered it without a second thought. So strong was his faith in his queen that he was absolutely certain nothing could hurt him out here.
The spirit folk dwelling in those trees had never seen such an act of audacity. They were quite taken by surprise. "Human man!" they gasped. "What is this? You dare enter our realm without an invitation!"
The human man laughed. "I was invited by my queen, the lady of my hive kingdom! Silly spirits."
"You've never spoken one word to us, and now you enter our world and laugh at the intrusion?" The spirits hissed with indignant fury and began to boil. "You will pay for your arrogance!"
They bound the human man to a tree. He smiled to himself, waiting for his queen to come and find him.
Over the centuries, the tree grew around the man. He didn't notice. The only thing that occupied his mind was his lady, the glorious golden woman who directed his people.
As he became part of the tree, its leaves and bark turned to pure gold.
When the tree was struck by lightning a thousand years later, a dragon the color of the sun stepped out. He shook himself off and happily got back to work making honey.
He was a strange one, that Gladiolus.
QFXpYkj.png
@mermaidlorelei [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51544372] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/515444/51544372_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]. . . . . .[nextcol][quote]Featuring: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50578075] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/505781/50578075.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51668667] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/516687/51668667.png[/img] [/url] [/quote][/columns] [size=3]The automaton had been trapped in the ice for years, the spirit guessed, but it had only had life inside it for days. Electra had been bouncing between hosts for as long as the deities had created the earth, roaming where she pleased and often causing havoc more often than not. Now, it seemed, she was stuck: she felt no pain at all, only annoyance at whatever creator had left their machines to rot in a frozen wasteland. She was unable to make time pass any faster - sleep had evaded Electra for as long as she could remember, and this lifetime seemed to be no different. A miserable fate, she thought to herself, to be trapped in the ice for eternity. Forever awake, forever thinking, but unmoving and unable to claw her way through the cold prison. She stayed like that for weeks, her mind plagued by the thought of spending her life as a dragon popsicle, until she heard a gentle tapping on the ice above her head. She wanted to call out, to kick and fight her way to the surface, but she could only listen and hope that the gods above would hear her prayers. And so, it seemed they had, as a torch lit up above her and was pressed against the ice. It look agonizingly long to melt through, but finally two clawed hands reached in and started pulling off chunks of ice with brute strength, seemingly fervent with need to get the metal dragon out. She herself could feel the sun, and it was already having an effect - the heat of it, along with the still burning torch, were making quick work of thawing the dragon out, and she could hear the mechanics beginning to whir and spin with the magic that accompanied her presence. First, a claw moved, then a wing twitched, and finally she punched her way through the remaining ice, bursting out of the frozen ice and snow and tumbling onto the ground with heaving breaths. She couldn't catch a break, however, as a wildclaw was buzzing around her, chattering about how she had picked up the magic, that she knew the machines weren't a bust, that she had a million questions for the automaton - the spirit could only take so much and flexed her wing out, knocking the wildclaw to the ground with a low snarl. "The next time you make something so fragile, don't leave it outside." She had no time for a dragon playing inventor, for she was closer to the gods than any mere mortal could even fathom. The smaller dragon was still getting to her feet, her expression almost offended that her own invention had berated her, but the guardian was already starting off in the direction she could sense the nearest clan, presumably the inventor's home. "I have no time for your silly games - take me to your workshop," she demanded, not even looking back to make sure that the other dragon was following the stiffly moving beast. While the limbs had thawn out, blue tinges still clung to the metal, likely the effects clinging to the machine even after escaping the frozen block. "This form has much to improve, and I would not advise to test my patience further than you already have." She had much work to do, and nothing would stop her this lifetime. -- No one was sure what had happened to Hypatia in the weeks following. They all had their thoughts, of course - the invention that had taken over her workshop and tirelessly tinkered was suspicious at best, obvious at worth. When probed, the machine only stated with a bright smile that Hypatia had found a higher calling with the Icewarden, and must have failed to inform the rest of the clan. Still, many didn't dare question her - she was more than earthly, that much was obvious, and she rarely left the lab long enough to be interrogated. After all, she had done much since arriving - peeling apart the shell of her form until it was smaller, more suitable for her work, and more preferred - she had always had a soft spot for pearlcatchers, after all. Her next project was even grander, and the glowing orb she kept on the table next to the still lifeless machine was a constant reminder - she would be reunited with her love, even if they were both no longer flesh, but metal instead. [this is a small intro for her lore: I have much planned for her! In case I didn't mention it, the planned name is [b]Electra[/b].]
@mermaidlorelei

51544372_350.png
. . . . . .
Quote:
Featuring:
The automaton had been trapped in the ice for years, the spirit guessed, but it had only had life inside it for days. Electra had been bouncing between hosts for as long as the deities had created the earth, roaming where she pleased and often causing havoc more often than not. Now, it seemed, she was stuck: she felt no pain at all, only annoyance at whatever creator had left their machines to rot in a frozen wasteland. She was unable to make time pass any faster - sleep had evaded Electra for as long as she could remember, and this lifetime seemed to be no different. A miserable fate, she thought to herself, to be trapped in the ice for eternity. Forever awake, forever thinking, but unmoving and unable to claw her way through the cold prison.

She stayed like that for weeks, her mind plagued by the thought of spending her life as a dragon popsicle, until she heard a gentle tapping on the ice above her head. She wanted to call out, to kick and fight her way to the surface, but she could only listen and hope that the gods above would hear her prayers.

And so, it seemed they had, as a torch lit up above her and was pressed against the ice. It look agonizingly long to melt through, but finally two clawed hands reached in and started pulling off chunks of ice with brute strength, seemingly fervent with need to get the metal dragon out. She herself could feel the sun, and it was already having an effect - the heat of it, along with the still burning torch, were making quick work of thawing the dragon out, and she could hear the mechanics beginning to whir and spin with the magic that accompanied her presence. First, a claw moved, then a wing twitched, and finally she punched her way through the remaining ice, bursting out of the frozen ice and snow and tumbling onto the ground with heaving breaths.

She couldn't catch a break, however, as a wildclaw was buzzing around her, chattering about how she had picked up the magic, that she knew the machines weren't a bust, that she had a million questions for the automaton - the spirit could only take so much and flexed her wing out, knocking the wildclaw to the ground with a low snarl. "The next time you make something so fragile, don't leave it outside." She had no time for a dragon playing inventor, for she was closer to the gods than any mere mortal could even fathom.

The smaller dragon was still getting to her feet, her expression almost offended that her own invention had berated her, but the guardian was already starting off in the direction she could sense the nearest clan, presumably the inventor's home. "I have no time for your silly games - take me to your workshop," she demanded, not even looking back to make sure that the other dragon was following the stiffly moving beast. While the limbs had thawn out, blue tinges still clung to the metal, likely the effects clinging to the machine even after escaping the frozen block. "This form has much to improve, and I would not advise to test my patience further than you already have."

She had much work to do, and nothing would stop her this lifetime.

--

No one was sure what had happened to Hypatia in the weeks following. They all had their thoughts, of course - the invention that had taken over her workshop and tirelessly tinkered was suspicious at best, obvious at worth. When probed, the machine only stated with a bright smile that Hypatia had found a higher calling with the Icewarden, and must have failed to inform the rest of the clan.

Still, many didn't dare question her - she was more than earthly, that much was obvious, and she rarely left the lab long enough to be interrogated. After all, she had done much since arriving - peeling apart the shell of her form until it was smaller, more suitable for her work, and more preferred - she had always had a soft spot for pearlcatchers, after all. Her next project was even grander, and the glowing orb she kept on the table next to the still lifeless machine was a constant reminder - she would be reunited with her love, even if they were both no longer flesh, but metal instead.

[this is a small intro for her lore: I have much planned for her! In case I didn't mention it, the planned name is Electra.]
vendi - fr+4 - they/them

tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
1 2 ... 399 400 401 402 403 ... 706 707