Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sewing!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@despairpods

I learned young too (my dad taught me the absolute basics. I doubt either of my parents thought it would lead to this xD)

YOSH! Make a stuffed animal! I would love to see it when you are done if you don't mind sharing.

What type of sewing machine do you have? (Like the company? Singer, Brother, Bernina, etc?)

I dunno if you would find this helpful or not (feel free to completely ignore it) but WithWendy has a good tutorial on how to set up a sewing machine (and it's basic enough that I think it'll apply to most machines). Video but there are a ton more on YouTube! ^^;;;

(I offer this up because I definitely don't have the patience to hand sew a plushie...or really any project for long, so I feel you. Learn the machine, its has its pros and cons but at least its quicker)

@despairpods

I learned young too (my dad taught me the absolute basics. I doubt either of my parents thought it would lead to this xD)

YOSH! Make a stuffed animal! I would love to see it when you are done if you don't mind sharing.

What type of sewing machine do you have? (Like the company? Singer, Brother, Bernina, etc?)

I dunno if you would find this helpful or not (feel free to completely ignore it) but WithWendy has a good tutorial on how to set up a sewing machine (and it's basic enough that I think it'll apply to most machines). Video but there are a ton more on YouTube! ^^;;;

(I offer this up because I definitely don't have the patience to hand sew a plushie...or really any project for long, so I feel you. Learn the machine, its has its pros and cons but at least its quicker)

SYJDX48.png
@PrinceLulu

I see no mercy in that face. (He's so cute though *coos*)

Aww, he's gotten so big! He's just so adorable. *melts into a puddle of awww's*

Honestly, I probably couldn't feel too mad with a face like that.
@PrinceLulu

I see no mercy in that face. (He's so cute though *coos*)

Aww, he's gotten so big! He's just so adorable. *melts into a puddle of awww's*

Honestly, I probably couldn't feel too mad with a face like that.
SYJDX48.png
i dabble in clothes although i don't sew as much as i'd like!!
i dabble in clothes although i don't sew as much as i'd like!!
ZpRXP2Y.png
@constellatiion

That's still cool! What type of clothes?
@constellatiion

SYJDX48.png
@constellatiion

@constellatiion

SYJDX48.png
i've made two skirts and three shirts!
i've made two skirts and three shirts!
ZpRXP2Y.png
@constellatiion

What kind of skirts and shirts? :3

Like a pleated skirt, or an A-line skirt, maxi skirt, handkerchief skirt, etc, etc.

(Possible possibility of pictures? *hopeful look*)
@constellatiion

What kind of skirts and shirts? :3

Like a pleated skirt, or an A-line skirt, maxi skirt, handkerchief skirt, etc, etc.

(Possible possibility of pictures? *hopeful look*)
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12 ahaha I'm not really sure what you'd call them? I guess one shirt was sleeveless with a peter pan collar and the other was just?? it was pretty much a piece of fabric with two elastics and straps (i'm not very good at sewing but ITS FUN) both without patters, one skirt was tiered i think and the other was like similar to a skater skirt i think? again without patterns, I just like to experiment
(sadly i don't know where any of them are and i can't get photos ;-;)
@BloodyAngel12 ahaha I'm not really sure what you'd call them? I guess one shirt was sleeveless with a peter pan collar and the other was just?? it was pretty much a piece of fabric with two elastics and straps (i'm not very good at sewing but ITS FUN) both without patters, one skirt was tiered i think and the other was like similar to a skater skirt i think? again without patterns, I just like to experiment
(sadly i don't know where any of them are and i can't get photos ;-;)
ZpRXP2Y.png
I started sewing a couple years ago. I got into sewing because I love to cosplay, and decided I wanted to make my own cosplay from scratch. Definitely not the best but it is really fun (except when you accidentally stab your hand lol). I got a sewing machine for the bigger pieces,and projects, it really speeds up the process compared to hand sewing everything. Going to continue sewing so I can get better and try out some project ideas I have for the future.
I started sewing a couple years ago. I got into sewing because I love to cosplay, and decided I wanted to make my own cosplay from scratch. Definitely not the best but it is really fun (except when you accidentally stab your hand lol). I got a sewing machine for the bigger pieces,and projects, it really speeds up the process compared to hand sewing everything. Going to continue sewing so I can get better and try out some project ideas I have for the future.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@constellatiion

I think I get it. :P

(No pics? ;-; Ah, well)

@Skydragons

I have noticed that a lot of people do cosplay when they mention sewing. Stabbing yourself (which I keep doing, and getting little blood drops which, is horrifying to notice on my project more than actually...bleeding. Yeah, I'm a little surprised I haven't gotten callouses on my finger yet)

What are your project ideas for the future? (If you don't mind me asking.) I'll share if you share ;)
@constellatiion

I think I get it. :P

(No pics? ;-; Ah, well)

@Skydragons

I have noticed that a lot of people do cosplay when they mention sewing. Stabbing yourself (which I keep doing, and getting little blood drops which, is horrifying to notice on my project more than actually...bleeding. Yeah, I'm a little surprised I haven't gotten callouses on my finger yet)

What are your project ideas for the future? (If you don't mind me asking.) I'll share if you share ;)
SYJDX48.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9