Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sewing!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I love sewing! I've recently moved into making my own clothes and bags (sustainable fashion and so on) and I'm curious if there are any others who like that on FR (there must be).

What do you like to sew? (doesn't have to be fashion). Got any current projects? Do you like to particpate in sewing challenges (like on social media)? Are you particpating in any challenges right now?

I'm currently working on two projects right now to enter into the #makethrifttry4 challenge on Instagram by Annika Victoria (a Austrilian YouTuber who has recently made these 2 monthly challenges with a theme for each one. This currently theme is gingham/plaid and mesh. Can be anything as long as it includes mesh and/or plaid/gingham).

I am working on making this triangle fringe bag/purse from this YouTube video (but I'm hacking a lining into it so it can count for the #makethrifttry4 challenge. And! I'm working on making a long, gingham ruffle wrap skirt as well.

I would like to hear what you guys are working on!

All caps title removed by @JCStitches
I love sewing! I've recently moved into making my own clothes and bags (sustainable fashion and so on) and I'm curious if there are any others who like that on FR (there must be).

What do you like to sew? (doesn't have to be fashion). Got any current projects? Do you like to particpate in sewing challenges (like on social media)? Are you particpating in any challenges right now?

I'm currently working on two projects right now to enter into the #makethrifttry4 challenge on Instagram by Annika Victoria (a Austrilian YouTuber who has recently made these 2 monthly challenges with a theme for each one. This currently theme is gingham/plaid and mesh. Can be anything as long as it includes mesh and/or plaid/gingham).

I am working on making this triangle fringe bag/purse from this YouTube video (but I'm hacking a lining into it so it can count for the #makethrifttry4 challenge. And! I'm working on making a long, gingham ruffle wrap skirt as well.

I would like to hear what you guys are working on!

All caps title removed by @JCStitches
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

I sew. :> I make my own clothes, and even make costumes! (Look at my Etsy or Deviantart to see all the odd things I've made.)

I'm currently making a backpack. Not a real challange, as I've already made two, but I'm making it to sell at a con, thus I must make it. =\ (It's a cute Mario one, so I'm good with it, the next one will be a Zelda one, and the next, a Pokemon.)

And in-between getting bored of making a backpack, I'm making some corsets. They only take a few hours to sew, what really takes time is the grometting.

I don't really do challenges, as I just don't have the time anymore. Just enough time to make stuff for cons. Or a random shirt or two.

But I L.O.V.E. sewing. It is my life. Literally. My job is sewing, and I teach kids how to sew (And adults) So that is me. :>
@BloodyAngel12

I sew. :> I make my own clothes, and even make costumes! (Look at my Etsy or Deviantart to see all the odd things I've made.)

I'm currently making a backpack. Not a real challange, as I've already made two, but I'm making it to sell at a con, thus I must make it. =\ (It's a cute Mario one, so I'm good with it, the next one will be a Zelda one, and the next, a Pokemon.)

And in-between getting bored of making a backpack, I'm making some corsets. They only take a few hours to sew, what really takes time is the grometting.

I don't really do challenges, as I just don't have the time anymore. Just enough time to make stuff for cons. Or a random shirt or two.

But I L.O.V.E. sewing. It is my life. Literally. My job is sewing, and I teach kids how to sew (And adults) So that is me. :>
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Ooh, neat — I’m a quilter but recently decided to try to learn to make clothes. I’m finding it kind of hard so far, but I think I just need more practice. I’ve made a couple of bags too- and that’s fun. I’ve never done an online challenge, but I work long hours so I kind of have to do stuff on my own time. Do you have a favorite sewing blog or insta?
Ooh, neat — I’m a quilter but recently decided to try to learn to make clothes. I’m finding it kind of hard so far, but I think I just need more practice. I’ve made a couple of bags too- and that’s fun. I’ve never done an online challenge, but I work long hours so I kind of have to do stuff on my own time. Do you have a favorite sewing blog or insta?
yoo i've never made clothes in my life but i really like to make plushies!! i'm by no means a professional, but it's a lot of fun to do.
yoo i've never made clothes in my life but i really like to make plushies!! i'm by no means a professional, but it's a lot of fun to do.
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
I had sew stuff like cosplay sometimes! Sewing is very fun!
I had sew stuff like cosplay sometimes! Sewing is very fun!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Amura Wow, that's so cool! Would you say most of your closet is handmade clothes? (That's a dream of mine. Sustainable fashion!) Your backpacks sound cool. What sort of style of backpack (and rough size?) are you going with? I checked out (I just quickly scrolled through but I'll take a longer look later) and your sewing skill is so good *o* I really liked this one (below). The pattern seems kind of familiar. Did you use (or use/hacked) the pattern Simplicity 1300 HH? (Just curious). Was it for a cosplay? I really love the details. [img]https://imgur.com/Jb0S5tl.png[/img] Also, the "Altered Kimono 2" one with the blue/purple color scheme is really nice as well! (I didn't add a pic since I think you may understand what I'm talking about since the previous one had a less obivious title and I doubt my 'describing skills' would have made any sense ^^;;) Also the Avengers shrug clothing piece is super cool too! I love the red binding tape (??) trim around the edges. Are these what you sell in your Etsy or are those a personal item? I love sewing too! I don't know if I love it enough to make it my life (since I tend to procastinate when I hit a bump in the road and if it's my job then that's not good. ;>.>) but it's super cool that's what you did! Edit: wait, you make corsets? How long do those take? (That's super cool) Are they historically accurate ones or styled like the historical ones but not accurately made or are they more like today's generation version of the corset? Sorry for the many questions!
@Amura

Wow, that's so cool! Would you say most of your closet is handmade clothes? (That's a dream of mine. Sustainable fashion!)

Your backpacks sound cool. What sort of style of backpack (and rough size?) are you going with?

I checked out (I just quickly scrolled through but I'll take a longer look later) and your sewing skill is so good *o*

I really liked this one (below). The pattern seems kind of familiar. Did you use (or use/hacked) the pattern Simplicity 1300 HH? (Just curious). Was it for a cosplay? I really love the details.

Jb0S5tl.png

Also, the "Altered Kimono 2" one with the blue/purple color scheme is really nice as well! (I didn't add a pic since I think you may understand what I'm talking about since the previous one had a less obivious title and I doubt my 'describing skills' would have made any sense ^^;;)

Also the Avengers shrug clothing piece is super cool too! I love the red binding tape (??) trim around the edges.

Are these what you sell in your Etsy or are those a personal item?

I love sewing too! I don't know if I love it enough to make it my life (since I tend to procastinate when I hit a bump in the road and if it's my job then that's not good. ;>.>) but it's super cool that's what you did!

Edit: wait, you make corsets? How long do those take? (That's super cool) Are they historically accurate ones or styled like the historical ones but not accurately made or are they more like today's generation version of the corset?

Sorry for the many questions!
SYJDX48.png
@JoLoki90

I'm self-taught so YouTube is my main teacher! If you are learning to make your own clothes (and learn well by videos), I suggest the YouTubers Annika Victoria, Yumi King (she kind of leans more on the 'cutesy' side of things but she teaches some very good skills. Just replace her 'cutesy' fabric for fabirc that you like or just chose particular skills to learn), Nava Rose, Madebyaya, Crafty Amy, Coolirpa (most of her videos aren't necessarily tutorials but she does have some good ones), WithWendy (i get a little confused on her videos but you may like them), Adam Atkins ( ignore his home page on his channel, he does have videos uploaded by not a introductory video so it says no content), sew&tell, TheSorryGirls.

Those are all the ones off the top of my head that I can recommend (if you don't have any interest, than just ignore).

I don't have a favorite blog but I tend to follow a lot of sewers on Instagram. (Actually my entire instagram is just stuff that I make/draw/craft/etc so...) but I also tend to check up on particular hashtags like #diyannika, #makethrifttry4 (and each challenge has its own number so...) #sorrygirlssquad #madewithwendy (I really like hashtags that people who use a youtuber's tutorial then share their makes using those hashtags).

What about you?
@JoLoki90

I'm self-taught so YouTube is my main teacher! If you are learning to make your own clothes (and learn well by videos), I suggest the YouTubers Annika Victoria, Yumi King (she kind of leans more on the 'cutesy' side of things but she teaches some very good skills. Just replace her 'cutesy' fabric for fabirc that you like or just chose particular skills to learn), Nava Rose, Madebyaya, Crafty Amy, Coolirpa (most of her videos aren't necessarily tutorials but she does have some good ones), WithWendy (i get a little confused on her videos but you may like them), Adam Atkins ( ignore his home page on his channel, he does have videos uploaded by not a introductory video so it says no content), sew&tell, TheSorryGirls.

Those are all the ones off the top of my head that I can recommend (if you don't have any interest, than just ignore).

I don't have a favorite blog but I tend to follow a lot of sewers on Instagram. (Actually my entire instagram is just stuff that I make/draw/craft/etc so...) but I also tend to check up on particular hashtags like #diyannika, #makethrifttry4 (and each challenge has its own number so...) #sorrygirlssquad #madewithwendy (I really like hashtags that people who use a youtuber's tutorial then share their makes using those hashtags).

What about you?
SYJDX48.png
@SalFisher

Plushies are cool! What kind of plushies do you like to make? Do you like to make big, medium or small plushies (or any/all sizes)? Freaky looking plushes or more on the sweet side?
@SalFisher

Plushies are cool! What kind of plushies do you like to make? Do you like to make big, medium or small plushies (or any/all sizes)? Freaky looking plushes or more on the sweet side?
SYJDX48.png
@ImpossibleJedi4

That's still cool. What do you cosplay as? (Or, I mean, what series of shows/movies/comics/etc do you like to cosplay as).

Got any pics? ;)
@ImpossibleJedi4

That's still cool. What do you cosplay as? (Or, I mean, what series of shows/movies/comics/etc do you like to cosplay as).

Got any pics? ;)
SYJDX48.png
I sew because of cosplay too! Except that’s now extended to fursuits as well because I’m a fairly impulsive crafty dude.

I have three ongoing projects due for the end of May :3
I sew because of cosplay too! Except that’s now extended to fursuits as well because I’m a fairly impulsive crafty dude.

I have three ongoing projects due for the end of May :3
tumblr_njudyjLtvJ1tfzajgo4_r1_500.png
FR/Art Tumblrtumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6l2uvrw1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png • Rook • He/They • FR+8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9