Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sewing!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
*jaw drop*

WOW! THAT LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH WORK!

(masochist is right...)

That is amazing! How long does that take to make???

(Where did you get the eyes for the suits?) And by hand?

As a sewer, I know how long it takes to hand sew so I'm mind-boggled about that but it's also really good! Your skills are really good! I'm mind-boggled about everything.
*jaw drop*

WOW! THAT LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH WORK!

(masochist is right...)

That is amazing! How long does that take to make???

(Where did you get the eyes for the suits?) And by hand?

As a sewer, I know how long it takes to hand sew so I'm mind-boggled about that but it's also really good! Your skills are really good! I'm mind-boggled about everything.
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12 The porcupine took me exactly one month to finish, though I didn't work on it every single day. My other suits took longer. I'm never quilting feathers like this again. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6646526e3a90ad205695c4f38a3ce258/tumblr_pcjmthBssV1r25e3lo2_1280.jpg[/img] I make my own eyes out of plastic! The two examples you see here are made out of sunglasses, but I've also used thin plastic bowls from the dollar store. My first suit has that type of eye: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/28f9687a1524ac4f4cf2e7524757fa5f/tumblr_odxk2xE28t1r25e3lo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@BloodyAngel12 The porcupine took me exactly one month to finish, though I didn't work on it every single day. My other suits took longer. I'm never quilting feathers like this again.
tumblr_pcjmthBssV1r25e3lo2_1280.jpg

I make my own eyes out of plastic! The two examples you see here are made out of sunglasses, but I've also used thin plastic bowls from the dollar store. My first suit has that type of eye:
tumblr_odxk2xE28t1r25e3lo1_1280.jpg
@Cynictis

Wow, that's really cool. Did you use a tutorial for the eyes or did you just 'wing-it'?

Also, what do you do with the fursuits? Is it like a.......daily wear or like a festival thing or a cosplay thing?
@Cynictis

Wow, that's really cool. Did you use a tutorial for the eyes or did you just 'wing-it'?

Also, what do you do with the fursuits? Is it like a.......daily wear or like a festival thing or a cosplay thing?
SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

HOLY COW thank you so much for all these resources! I can't wait to get started! Do you have any personal recommendations for beginner projects?

Also @Cynictis those suits are rad!
@BloodyAngel12

HOLY COW thank you so much for all these resources! I can't wait to get started! Do you have any personal recommendations for beginner projects?

Also @Cynictis those suits are rad!
SORmH.gif xTVXP.gif F8Yyq.gif WEc1O.gif FgSlG.gif
@Shinxes

You're welcome! ^_^

As for a beginner project, what catergory are you most interested in? Depending on your answer would depend on mine. (Unless, you would rather have me give a few answers that covers the catergories you asked about?)

Also (if you don't mind me asking) assuming you chose custome-making/clothes, what is your preference of clothing? More 'masculine' or more 'feminine'? Or either both? (Like if you don't like 'feminine' clothing, then I wouldn't recommend a skirt tutorial, you know?)

@Shinxes

You're welcome! ^_^

As for a beginner project, what catergory are you most interested in? Depending on your answer would depend on mine. (Unless, you would rather have me give a few answers that covers the catergories you asked about?)

Also (if you don't mind me asking) assuming you chose custome-making/clothes, what is your preference of clothing? More 'masculine' or more 'feminine'? Or either both? (Like if you don't like 'feminine' clothing, then I wouldn't recommend a skirt tutorial, you know?)

SYJDX48.png
@BloodyAngel12

Hm, probably gonna start with clothes making. I also wear feminine clothing, so I was thinking something like a simple dress or skirt to start with :)
@BloodyAngel12

Hm, probably gonna start with clothes making. I also wear feminine clothing, so I was thinking something like a simple dress or skirt to start with :)
SORmH.gif xTVXP.gif F8Yyq.gif WEc1O.gif FgSlG.gif
Oh! I enjoy sewing but mainly just do plushies ^^
It is so relaxing tbh
Oh! I enjoy sewing but mainly just do plushies ^^
It is so relaxing tbh

PaI4dmB.png[/url]fSmWLup.png2Q8dVW5.gifrzCod3R.png[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/44b8ad475d96a36e750ebca0dbbf4700/34f084f58237559c-17/s500x750/a36d9e3331ce8486a4a92e9a48b7af9fc869d90f.gifv[/img]
@blacklakritz

That would make sense!
@blacklakritz

That would make sense!
SYJDX48.png
@Shinxes

Oh! I forgot to ask an important question!

Do you have a sewing machine?

You could technically hand sew everything but since you are new at this, I would adjust my suggestions. (Hand sewing can be long and tedious but can hold up just as well to a sewing machine's work if done correctly.)

@Shinxes

Oh! I forgot to ask an important question!

Do you have a sewing machine?

You could technically hand sew everything but since you are new at this, I would adjust my suggestions. (Hand sewing can be long and tedious but can hold up just as well to a sewing machine's work if done correctly.)

SYJDX48.png
I bought a sewing machine but I've never used it

for some reason the idea of sewing intimidates me

I have no idea what to do or how to do it :<
I bought a sewing machine but I've never used it

for some reason the idea of sewing intimidates me

I have no idea what to do or how to do it :<
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9