Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 158 159
Wowwe! I love the new ancient breed thing!
Wowwe! I love the new ancient breed thing!
The band on the wound eventually falls
I’ve been on it in a hurry, but it’s not long before I get back on it

- stray kids ‘streetlight’
Oh my gosh, this is super exciting!
Oh my gosh, this is super exciting!
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
This sounds like a really creative way to deal with the problem of art and item backlog, while still introducing new breeding possibilities. Neat idea! I'm looking forward to this, especially to the new silhouettes and more complex gene types!
This sounds like a really creative way to deal with the problem of art and item backlog, while still introducing new breeding possibilities. Neat idea! I'm looking forward to this, especially to the new silhouettes and more complex gene types!
WOW! okay this is cool! Really really cool. Can’t wait to see what you guys will do with it! Good job, we love you guys [emoji=familiar heart]
WOW! okay this is cool! Really really cool. Can’t wait to see what you guys will do with it! Good job, we love you guys
Guys take as long as you need for the new breeds and such. I'm glad you're not doing a crunch, because I'd hate for you guys to be over stressed from the site. It's great as it is, and we are all happy to wait a long time for new updates <3

On the topic of new updates.....I'M SCREAMING FOR THOSE ANCIENTS OH MY GOD. I'm excited as hell to see the new ancient dragons, and can't wait to see them when they get released <3

and damn, i wonder what happened to the tidelord.
Guys take as long as you need for the new breeds and such. I'm glad you're not doing a crunch, because I'd hate for you guys to be over stressed from the site. It's great as it is, and we are all happy to wait a long time for new updates <3

On the topic of new updates.....I'M SCREAMING FOR THOSE ANCIENTS OH MY GOD. I'm excited as hell to see the new ancient dragons, and can't wait to see them when they get released <3

and damn, i wonder what happened to the tidelord.

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2019-04-15 20:18:47" ] [quote name="damaia" date="2019-04-15 19:49:08" ] So... back of the envelope math... Working days in a year (roughly): 260 Minus two weeks of vacation/sick time/what have you: 250 Per FR's numbers, one new breed takes: 5,200 pieces of art Years since last new breed: 3 (as of September 2019, doubt we'll see one before that) 5,200 / (250*3) = 6.93 pieces of apparel art a day, divided by the number of artists who draw apparel for FR [/quote] If it’s only about 6 or 7 pieces a day that makes me question a little bit but then again considering they probably have multiple “Modern” dragon designs being worked on at one time I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 21 or more pieces being done a day. [/quote] Though, gotta remember that doesn't count new apparel (which I am sure they're working on, plus revamps which might include new pieces), and genes as a whole :o Also, we're not getting Emperors as a new ancient breed. Emperors are undead, basically dead Imperials fused together. Not a different breed.
Mystiek wrote on 2019-04-15 20:18:47:
damaia wrote on 2019-04-15 19:49:08:
So... back of the envelope math...

Working days in a year (roughly): 260
Minus two weeks of vacation/sick time/what have you: 250
Per FR's numbers, one new breed takes: 5,200 pieces of art
Years since last new breed: 3 (as of September 2019, doubt we'll see one before that)

5,200 / (250*3) = 6.93 pieces of apparel art a day, divided by the number of artists who draw apparel for FR

If it’s only about 6 or 7 pieces a day that makes me question a little bit but then again considering they probably have multiple “Modern” dragon designs being worked on at one time I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 21 or more pieces being done a day.

Though, gotta remember that doesn't count new apparel (which I am sure they're working on, plus revamps which might include new pieces), and genes as a whole :o

Also, we're not getting Emperors as a new ancient breed.

Emperors are undead, basically dead Imperials fused together. Not a different breed.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I'm really interested in this ancient breed system. I for one don't mind them not having any apparel, plus I'm interested in these unrestricted tertiaries because I'm sure that solves recent complaints about some genes looking like stickers.
I'm really interested in this ancient breed system. I for one don't mind them not having any apparel, plus I'm interested in these unrestricted tertiaries because I'm sure that solves recent complaints about some genes looking like stickers.
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
Was kind of "meh" about ancient breeds until I read they can have multiple heads. Now I'm sold. :D I hope you all make the weirdest, creepiest dragons possible!

(and fluffiest, for those that don't like creepy dragons)
Was kind of "meh" about ancient breeds until I read they can have multiple heads. Now I'm sold. :D I hope you all make the weirdest, creepiest dragons possible!

(and fluffiest, for those that don't like creepy dragons)
Flight Rep Time:

Lightning|Water|Plague|Wind

Or browse some Old Oaks for sale?
You all are doing an amazing job, excited about the ancient breeds, I don't mind they can't wear apparel. But this is exciting! Can't wait to see what they look like!
You all are doing an amazing job, excited about the ancient breeds, I don't mind they can't wear apparel. But this is exciting! Can't wait to see what they look like!
I'm on various websites so here's where I'm at.
My LinkTr.ee
Ancient breeds are a really nice way to handle the issue of the backlog. I'm a little disappointed that we still won't be able to break the line rule on skins and accents with them, since they can't have apparel but I can deal with it. Looking forward to seeing some more creative genes with them.
Ancient breeds are a really nice way to handle the issue of the backlog. I'm a little disappointed that we still won't be able to break the line rule on skins and accents with them, since they can't have apparel but I can deal with it. Looking forward to seeing some more creative genes with them.
1 2 ... 119 120 121 122 123 ... 158 159