Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 158 159
Ancient breeds? That's INCREDIBLE! I love that concept, I'm so excited!! And the Tidelord..... oh my goodness.... [emoji=pearlcatcher scared]
Ancient breeds? That's INCREDIBLE! I love that concept, I'm so excited!!

And the Tidelord..... oh my goodness....
tumblr_ppyvge9FcJ1xbdaczo4_400.png
Not sure how I feel about ancient breeds. They're different enough in looks to regular breeds which will make them seem like customisation familiars, but similar enough to mechanics that might make them frustrating. I am concerned about comparison issues, if modern and ancient breeds get different genes it's really going to annoy people who think an ancient gene would look great on their modern dragon.

Here's a thought: How about a new colour wheel for ancient breeds? To further the gap and make 'gene envy' a little less.
Not sure how I feel about ancient breeds. They're different enough in looks to regular breeds which will make them seem like customisation familiars, but similar enough to mechanics that might make them frustrating. I am concerned about comparison issues, if modern and ancient breeds get different genes it's really going to annoy people who think an ancient gene would look great on their modern dragon.

Here's a thought: How about a new colour wheel for ancient breeds? To further the gap and make 'gene envy' a little less.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
thank you so much for this update! the transparency and detailed explanation is very refreshing and great. i knew the backlog was a big reason for the delays, but non-artists probably don't understand it very well. and knowing you treat your workers well and give a fair wage is wonderful to know. whenever i buy gems, i'm happy to know that money supports artists like this. i think ancient breeds are a fantastic idea, and a great compromise to meet the wants of the fanbase while still supplying regular updates and new modern breeds.
thank you so much for this update! the transparency and detailed explanation is very refreshing and great. i knew the backlog was a big reason for the delays, but non-artists probably don't understand it very well. and knowing you treat your workers well and give a fair wage is wonderful to know. whenever i buy gems, i'm happy to know that money supports artists like this. i think ancient breeds are a fantastic idea, and a great compromise to meet the wants of the fanbase while still supplying regular updates and new modern breeds.
Jay // they/he // +0 server time
Excited for the ancient breed!
Excited for the ancient breed!
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
Wait would changing a modern to an ancient reset the eye type too? Or just the genes?
Wait would changing a modern to an ancient reset the eye type too? Or just the genes?
tumblr_pf29z2QXuq1u9k2hto1_500.png
OOOHH This is super exciting! I love the idea of introducing these new dragons that will break the mold for what most dragons look like. I'm personally exited to see dragons with more than 4 legs or ones that look more monstrous!! I've always been a fan of lovecraftian designs so this could be a lot of fun!!
OOOHH This is super exciting! I love the idea of introducing these new dragons that will break the mold for what most dragons look like. I'm personally exited to see dragons with more than 4 legs or ones that look more monstrous!! I've always been a fan of lovecraftian designs so this could be a lot of fun!!
tumblr_pb3ykvEbdh1u4uvc6o1_500.png
AAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh maaaaan this Wavecrest is gonna be *wild*
Is Tidelord gonna bring back an Ancient Breed??
ANCIENT BREEDS IN GENERAL AAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh maaaaan this Wavecrest is gonna be *wild*
Is Tidelord gonna bring back an Ancient Breed??
ANCIENT BREEDS IN GENERAL AAAAA
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
NONO DAD CANT BE DEAD NOo
NONO DAD CANT BE DEAD NOo
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
Thanks for the update, mods! As always, I so appreciate your transparency and honesty! I'm SO hype to see what you have in store for ancient breeds [emoji=coatl love]
Thanks for the update, mods! As always, I so appreciate your transparency and honesty!

I'm SO hype to see what you have in store for ancient breeds
lZEZOSe.png
where tidelord go slkdjlsdkj aside, the ancient breeds sound really exciting, and i can't wait to see what you decide to make!! [emoji=ridgeback love]
where tidelord go

slkdjlsdkj aside, the ancient breeds sound really exciting, and i can't wait to see what you decide to make!!
pixeldelta.png

Untitled_Artwork.png
............pg_doll_small.png WvEXipG.png
hh5n4WA.png
mlHpBMC.png

6JTiqfF.png
fkWjutW.png
pg_doll2small.png
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 158 159