Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 122 123
[quote name="BlackKyurem" date="2019-03-23 05:29:39" ] The goat eyes are pretty nice. [/quote] [i]i want[/i]
BlackKyurem wrote on 2019-03-23 05:29:39:
The goat eyes are pretty nice.

i want
Cool, but I still wish eye-types could be passed down like the other genes. Maybe a couple of the super rare ones could still appear randomly regardless of what eyes the parents have, I don't know. I just prefer having a little more control, you feel?
Perhaps somewhere down the road something in the world will go POOF and suddenly the appearance of different eye-types won't be so random-wonky-donky anymore. Hey, I can dream.
Cool, but I still wish eye-types could be passed down like the other genes. Maybe a couple of the super rare ones could still appear randomly regardless of what eyes the parents have, I don't know. I just prefer having a little more control, you feel?
Perhaps somewhere down the road something in the world will go POOF and suddenly the appearance of different eye-types won't be so random-wonky-donky anymore. Hey, I can dream.
signed, The Me.
so... there's no way for a gen 1 to get the goat eyes, right?

eta: or any pre-existing dragon?
so... there's no way for a gen 1 to get the goat eyes, right?

eta: or any pre-existing dragon?
Can we at the very least get an acknowledgement or explanation as to why eye types like Goat are NOT being made into a vial? As countless users before have said: so many dragons are being barred off from these features moving forward.

Spiral eyes have already been made into a vial, and a random coli drop no-less. Surely then implementing a Goat eyes vial isn't an issue of difficulty. If it's with intent to create artificial value: why? We already have treasure sinks like Roundsey, the MP, and Baldwin-- not that Goat eyed dragons would even be a treasure sink, given they'd only be circulating from user-to-user, and there's no eye type exaltation bonus, so there's no incentive for exalting them specifically.

Again, as other users have stated before, these dragons will quickly drop to fodder price in no time. This eye-type cannot be made more "valuable" than it is, thus, why limit it in the first place? What is the purpose? I can't wrap my head around it, and neither can many other users buzzing about this thread.

At the very, very least, talk to us. Tell us what you're thinking and why. Communicate with the community. We're quickly losing faith in staff for continuously pulling stunts like this and then turning to radio silence when we express concern / upset. You're already losing people from the site due to this recurrent issue, and while yes, some others will stay no matter what (i.e. feel that nothing is wrong, don't know where else to go, have resigned to how things are), from a moral standpoint should you not at least try to make things right for the players in your game?
Can we at the very least get an acknowledgement or explanation as to why eye types like Goat are NOT being made into a vial? As countless users before have said: so many dragons are being barred off from these features moving forward.

Spiral eyes have already been made into a vial, and a random coli drop no-less. Surely then implementing a Goat eyes vial isn't an issue of difficulty. If it's with intent to create artificial value: why? We already have treasure sinks like Roundsey, the MP, and Baldwin-- not that Goat eyed dragons would even be a treasure sink, given they'd only be circulating from user-to-user, and there's no eye type exaltation bonus, so there's no incentive for exalting them specifically.

Again, as other users have stated before, these dragons will quickly drop to fodder price in no time. This eye-type cannot be made more "valuable" than it is, thus, why limit it in the first place? What is the purpose? I can't wrap my head around it, and neither can many other users buzzing about this thread.

At the very, very least, talk to us. Tell us what you're thinking and why. Communicate with the community. We're quickly losing faith in staff for continuously pulling stunts like this and then turning to radio silence when we express concern / upset. You're already losing people from the site due to this recurrent issue, and while yes, some others will stay no matter what (i.e. feel that nothing is wrong, don't know where else to go, have resigned to how things are), from a moral standpoint should you not at least try to make things right for the players in your game?
bun | she/they | FR +3
probably a horse
arcane_rune.png famicon.png arcane_rune.png famicon.png arcane_rune.png
looking for any XYZ combo of flaxen/cottoncandy/lavender!
yeehaw.gif
slurp.png
I’ve always been a firm believer that new features should be as backwards compatible to existing dragons as possible. I’ve been rather quiet about the eyepocalypse in general although I was quite disappointed in the fact they decided to restrict existing dragons from the update except for a limited item that relies heavily on the RNG. One of the reasons I haven’t been vocal was I was waiting to see how the admins handled the outlash. This new update feels like they ignored our concerns.

There are plenty of ways the backlash could be handled.
  • The simplest way that wouldwould have been to just keep the scatter-vials available (unretire them) so players could scatter until they got the results they desired and whenever new natural types were added they were also added to the vial
  • A more player friendly option would be that individual eye types would have individual vials that we could apply to existing dragons while still keeping the random chance while breeding
  • Another option, while more code heavy, could retain the desire for it to be a breedable only option which would be a way to strip or transfer eye types from one dragon to another dragon that way the only way to get it on an existing dragon is to transfer it from an existing dragon
  • Another method to retain the rarity would be to have a chance of getting a particular vial when exalting a dragon with that eye type. Perhaps a one in a hundred chance of getting a vial from exalted dragons

By introducing another natural eye type, and one that can’t even have a random chance from the scatter vials, it feels like the admins don’t care about backwards compatibility. It makes me dread what new features they might introduce that older dragons would be excluded from

That being said I do like the goat eyes and the swirl eyes. There are a few of my existing dragons I think would look amazing with goat eyes but I haven’t even looked at those dragons with the goat eyes since there’s no point since they cannot get them anyway. The swirl eyes are nice but I haven’t yet desired if it fits any of my existing dragons yet
I’ve always been a firm believer that new features should be as backwards compatible to existing dragons as possible. I’ve been rather quiet about the eyepocalypse in general although I was quite disappointed in the fact they decided to restrict existing dragons from the update except for a limited item that relies heavily on the RNG. One of the reasons I haven’t been vocal was I was waiting to see how the admins handled the outlash. This new update feels like they ignored our concerns.

There are plenty of ways the backlash could be handled.
  • The simplest way that wouldwould have been to just keep the scatter-vials available (unretire them) so players could scatter until they got the results they desired and whenever new natural types were added they were also added to the vial
  • A more player friendly option would be that individual eye types would have individual vials that we could apply to existing dragons while still keeping the random chance while breeding
  • Another option, while more code heavy, could retain the desire for it to be a breedable only option which would be a way to strip or transfer eye types from one dragon to another dragon that way the only way to get it on an existing dragon is to transfer it from an existing dragon
  • Another method to retain the rarity would be to have a chance of getting a particular vial when exalting a dragon with that eye type. Perhaps a one in a hundred chance of getting a vial from exalted dragons

By introducing another natural eye type, and one that can’t even have a random chance from the scatter vials, it feels like the admins don’t care about backwards compatibility. It makes me dread what new features they might introduce that older dragons would be excluded from

That being said I do like the goat eyes and the swirl eyes. There are a few of my existing dragons I think would look amazing with goat eyes but I haven’t even looked at those dragons with the goat eyes since there’s no point since they cannot get them anyway. The swirl eyes are nice but I haven’t yet desired if it fits any of my existing dragons yet
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Time to go breed and battle
Hi,I’m some artist
GOAT LOOKS SO COOL! I love those eyes and even though they aren't very reptile-ish they're still so beautiful.
GOAT LOOKS SO COOL! I love those eyes and even though they aren't very reptile-ish they're still so beautiful.
[quote name="MidnightWyvern" date="2019-03-23 06:21:31" ] Time to go breed and battle [/quote] Indeed!
MidnightWyvern wrote on 2019-03-23 06:21:31:
Indeed!
Amazing! I just wish swirl would show up better on eyes
Amazing! I just wish swirl would show up better on eyes
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
One last post to highlight just how much the entire eye change has ruined my fun with this site. Not exaggerating - I just log on, feed, and log off now. I really thought FR was careful enough not to shoot itself in the foot, but welp. All that's left for me is getting a few items every festival.
One last post to highlight just how much the entire eye change has ruined my fun with this site. Not exaggerating - I just log on, feed, and log off now. I really thought FR was careful enough not to shoot itself in the foot, but welp. All that's left for me is getting a few items every festival.
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 122 123