Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 122 123
Personally? [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=21&tertgene=11&winggene=23&wings=11&auth=9af506f6ecf5a9edb0ce54216700e9745198ef22&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=21&tertgene=11&winggene=23&wings=11&auth=35bcc8de1d0c221b589f6db864c1d00189199f12&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I see a difference in the faceted eyes. As much as you can't see the actual faceted part, the eyes appear pupiless, which has a nice effect on my girl here, as shown. Goat and Swirling eyes probably'll appear similar- not much of a difference, but still a welcome change. I'm definitely going after getting a swirling vial or ten, that's for sure.
Personally?
dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=21&tertgene=11&winggene=23&wings=11&auth=9af506f6ecf5a9edb0ce54216700e9745198ef22&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=13&bodygene=23&breed=1&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=21&tertgene=11&winggene=23&wings=11&auth=35bcc8de1d0c221b589f6db864c1d00189199f12&dummyext=prev.png
I see a difference in the faceted eyes. As much as you can't see the actual faceted part, the eyes appear pupiless, which has a nice effect on my girl here, as shown.
Goat and Swirling eyes probably'll appear similar- not much of a difference, but still a welcome change. I'm definitely going after getting a swirling vial or ten, that's for sure.
Just a small player, but I love how the emojis finally display how the Fae feel. Since we know that they show their emotions by fin movement, that is a great detail to let us understand how they display their emotions better! I may be the only one who appreciates that ;w; [emoji=fae sad]
Just a small player, but I love how the emojis finally display how the Fae feel. Since we know that they show their emotions by fin movement, that is a great detail to let us understand how they display their emotions better! I may be the only one who appreciates that ;w;
sGxABHj.pngtumblr_ntvjrideNS1uclxu6o1_100.png
The new eye types look interesting and very cool! I honestly wasn’t expecting goat eyes, but these are amazing (and quite frankly, hilarious) nonetheless. [emoji=mirror love] Btw I just bought a vial of hypnosis from the auction house and used it on one of my Mirrors. The vials only cost around 30 gems if you wanna buy some from there. [emoji=mirror happy] Edit: To the people who are complaining about goat eyes not being available/passed down to dragons, [b]chill out. It’s no big deal.[/b] The team is just trying their best and I’m sure they’ll come up with a solution for the goat eye thing soon. But like, come on guys, why is this such a big deal? [emoji=coatl deadpan]
The new eye types look interesting and very cool! I honestly wasn’t expecting goat eyes, but these are amazing (and quite frankly, hilarious) nonetheless.

Btw I just bought a vial of hypnosis from the auction house and used it on one of my Mirrors. The vials only cost around 30 gems if you wanna buy some from there.

Edit: To the people who are complaining about goat eyes not being available/passed down to dragons, chill out. It’s no big deal. The team is just trying their best and I’m sure they’ll come up with a solution for the goat eye thing soon. But like, come on guys, why is this such a big deal?
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
[quote name="TheRedDragon13" date="2019-03-22 19:35:46" ] I'd really appreciate a way to breed for eye colors, instead of having them be randomly generated. i absolutely adore these eyes, honestly, but so many of them spawn onto the wrong dragons and then I feel like i have to get rid of them (esp with the rare eyes and stuff in the past) so that the dragon i wanted is the one i got. i'm not loving the idea that we'd only get them outside of choice. again, i think they're really cool, and a great idea. but i just think there should be a way to make them inherited, like a fourth gene set. [/quote] I second that!
TheRedDragon13 wrote on 2019-03-22 19:35:46:
I'd really appreciate a way to breed for eye colors, instead of having them be randomly generated.

i absolutely adore these eyes, honestly, but so many of them spawn onto the wrong dragons and then I feel like i have to get rid of them (esp with the rare eyes and stuff in the past) so that the dragon i wanted is the one i got. i'm not loving the idea that we'd only get them outside of choice.

again, i think they're really cool, and a great idea. but i just think there should be a way to make them inherited, like a fourth gene set.

I second that!
As tough as it is, you CAN get two identically coloured parents if you're breeding for a specific rare-eyed project- then again, my only ever Primal dragon was so ridiculously bad I had to get rid of him.

And unable to get Goat eyes on older dragons? Guess what, we can't get Faceted, Multi-Eye or Primal on them either if they don't already have them.
As tough as it is, you CAN get two identically coloured parents if you're breeding for a specific rare-eyed project- then again, my only ever Primal dragon was so ridiculously bad I had to get rid of him.

And unable to get Goat eyes on older dragons? Guess what, we can't get Faceted, Multi-Eye or Primal on them either if they don't already have them.
I love the swirl. Goat is okay. I wish you'd unretire the Vial of Scattersight once a year. It's a chance item that will never replenish, but is a feature we need to be affordable. As time progresses they will become unattainable and no where near worth the price.
I love the swirl. Goat is okay. I wish you'd unretire the Vial of Scattersight once a year. It's a chance item that will never replenish, but is a feature we need to be affordable. As time progresses they will become unattainable and no where near worth the price.
thDLJf3.pngmxk5Q9c.png
It’s another “eye types make the FR userbase whine about completely normal petgame mechanics” episode.

But I’ve already seen this one.
It’s another “eye types make the FR userbase whine about completely normal petgame mechanics” episode.

3727928785_f191ae63a3_b.jpg
[quote name="nikanika" date="2019-03-23 08:25:14" ] It’s another “eye types make the FR userbase whine about completely normal petgame mechanics” episode. But I’ve already seen this one. [/quote] ...I've literally [i]never [/i]seen an update wherein older pets are locked out of new content on any of the [i]multitude [/i]of petsites I've been part of over the years.
nikanika wrote on 2019-03-23 08:25:14:

...I've literally never seen an update wherein older pets are locked out of new content on any of the multitude of petsites I've been part of over the years.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Hmm. I feel like the application of Goat is just doubling down on the worst aspects of the whole concept of eye types to begin with. I continue to be disappointed that the eyes were ever changed, and I frankly dread hatching nests, lest I end up with a Multi-Gaze hatchie, which is an eye type I find triggering. I have to set up careful parameters when looking at dragons on the AH, because several of the Primal eye types are also triggering, and I'm just lucky I'm in a flight where my particular Primal isn't triggering to me, so if I have a hatchie with Primal, it's not a problem. Nonetheless, I would really much rather prefer it that I have some control over the eye types that show up in my lair. Swirl with its own vial is great, as is Dark Sclera. I wish they were all like that, with a super rare chance of being passed down.

In the meantime, Goat is another eye type I have to pray my hatchies don't get. ::shudders::
Hmm. I feel like the application of Goat is just doubling down on the worst aspects of the whole concept of eye types to begin with. I continue to be disappointed that the eyes were ever changed, and I frankly dread hatching nests, lest I end up with a Multi-Gaze hatchie, which is an eye type I find triggering. I have to set up careful parameters when looking at dragons on the AH, because several of the Primal eye types are also triggering, and I'm just lucky I'm in a flight where my particular Primal isn't triggering to me, so if I have a hatchie with Primal, it's not a problem. Nonetheless, I would really much rather prefer it that I have some control over the eye types that show up in my lair. Swirl with its own vial is great, as is Dark Sclera. I wish they were all like that, with a super rare chance of being passed down.

In the meantime, Goat is another eye type I have to pray my hatchies don't get. ::shudders::
2r1O20i.pngJzHR8yv.pngSeafoam_Sidekicks_1.png2XA7Pb0.pngcMCOBAh.pngkummiW9.png
Ooh, I love them! I also really like the new emoticons. Glad to finally see some Tundra [emoji=tundra love]
Ooh, I love them!

I also really like the new emoticons. Glad to finally see some Tundra
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 122 123