Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 122 123
@McAlli

If you have a 100 sided die and designate half of the sides to mean you get "A" eyes and the other half to mean "B" eyes, then change it so that a quarter of the rolls (25 sides) give you "A" eyes, a quarter give "AA" eyes, and half give "B" eyes, the odds of getting "B" eyes are the same as they were before and have not changed. The only things that have changed are that it is possible to get AA eyes and the odds of getting A eyes are lowered. It doesn't matter if the sides of the die labeled 1 through 50 can produce 50 different eye results (A, C, D, E,..... AA, BB, CC, etc.), the odds of getting B eyes are STILL half.
@McAlli

If you have a 100 sided die and designate half of the sides to mean you get "A" eyes and the other half to mean "B" eyes, then change it so that a quarter of the rolls (25 sides) give you "A" eyes, a quarter give "AA" eyes, and half give "B" eyes, the odds of getting "B" eyes are the same as they were before and have not changed. The only things that have changed are that it is possible to get AA eyes and the odds of getting A eyes are lowered. It doesn't matter if the sides of the die labeled 1 through 50 can produce 50 different eye results (A, C, D, E,..... AA, BB, CC, etc.), the odds of getting B eyes are STILL half.
2578316.pngNeko_infobox.gif2562874.png
[quote name="@MegaAbsol" date="2019-03-22 15:59:56" ] @/McAlli If you have a 100 sided die and designate half of the sides to mean you get "A" eyes and the other half to mean "B" eyes, then change it so that a quarter of the rolls (25 sides) give you "A" eyes, a quarter give "AA" eyes, and half give "B" eyes, the odds of getting "B" eyes are the same as they were before and have not changed. The only things that have changed are that it is possible to get AA eyes and the odds of getting A eyes are lowered. It doesn't matter if the sides of the die labeled 1 through 50 can produce 50 different eye results (A, C, D, E,..... AA, BB, CC, etc.), the odds of getting B eyes are STILL half. [/quote] Please refer to my post directly on top of yours, I wasn't making myself clear on my whole point, sorry.
@MegaAbsol wrote on 2019-03-22 15:59:56:
@/McAlli

Please refer to my post directly on top of yours, I wasn't making myself clear on my whole point, sorry.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2019-03-22 15:59:29" ] Yeah, sorry -- my point is that just because Goat didn't eat into Primal's chance this time, doesn't mean that Primal will always stay that 5%. I think they should definitely stop putting new eyes in that pool or eventually it's just going to be a clusterflop, iykwim. [/quote] Ah, makes sense now. I definitely agree that long-term could have some issues. Especially since staff hasn't really ever shown that they have good long term planning skills re: notn and joxar and gathering pools increasing constantly.
McAlli wrote on 2019-03-22 15:59:29:
Yeah, sorry -- my point is that just because Goat didn't eat into Primal's chance this time, doesn't mean that Primal will always stay that 5%. I think they should definitely stop putting new eyes in that pool or eventually it's just going to be a clusterflop, iykwim.

Ah, makes sense now. I definitely agree that long-term could have some issues. Especially since staff hasn't really ever shown that they have good long term planning skills re: notn and joxar and gathering pools increasing constantly.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
The goat eyes creep me out. I love it. And spiral eyes are super fun. After getting back into breeding projects since the Den's release I love the prospect of another special eye. A small part of me is sad it can't be retroactively applied, still a majority G1 lair, but overall I'm ready to hatch some goat babies.

Thank You~
The goat eyes creep me out. I love it. And spiral eyes are super fun. After getting back into breeding projects since the Den's release I love the prospect of another special eye. A small part of me is sad it can't be retroactively applied, still a majority G1 lair, but overall I'm ready to hatch some goat babies.

Thank You~
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
Literally just hatched a goat-eyed dragon. Didn't even know they were a thing yet :D
Literally just hatched a goat-eyed dragon. Didn't even know they were a thing yet :D
tumblr_inline_ohfczm4bEW1tfmvub_540.png
Very neat! Off to the Coli to train some more fodder. [emoji=eliminate]
Very neat! Off to the Coli to train some more fodder.
ZVpCPil.png
Loving the goat eyes~!
Loving the goat eyes~!
tumblr_lp0205MMDx1qltbsp.giffYghx9W.png
thanks for the update! I personally love more natural eye types for g1s and nests to hatch with, even if it's a little sad my existing dragons can't get it. rare breeding outcomes are fun [emoji=heart]
thanks for the update! I personally love more natural eye types for g1s and nests to hatch with, even if it's a little sad my existing dragons can't get it. rare breeding outcomes are fun
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Cool, a new natural!

Thanks for adding new eye types with a variety of ways to get them, some with vials and others with luck. I'm glad there's a widening range of options to consider breeding towards, but I'm most excited about the new-peeper-keepers I haven't even dreamed up yet, who'll look up from their eggshells and bleat at me!
Cool, a new natural!

Thanks for adding new eye types with a variety of ways to get them, some with vials and others with luck. I'm glad there's a widening range of options to consider breeding towards, but I'm most excited about the new-peeper-keepers I haven't even dreamed up yet, who'll look up from their eggshells and bleat at me!
This looks D O P E
This looks D O P E
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 122 123