Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does the map work?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@kavryn AHHH thank you yes absolutely, variety is important, I just highly doubt an area of that size (eg. Fire territory) would be entirely volcanic. Yes, there are large volcanic areas but not thousands of square kilometers of lava

And AAAAAAA thank you so much, I'm glad you like it ♥

@thegodofstories THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND. Your very signature is the reason why I got myself a T-shirt with the exact same image printed on it.
@kavryn AHHH thank you yes absolutely, variety is important, I just highly doubt an area of that size (eg. Fire territory) would be entirely volcanic. Yes, there are large volcanic areas but not thousands of square kilometers of lava

And AAAAAAA thank you so much, I'm glad you like it ♥

@thegodofstories THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND. Your very signature is the reason why I got myself a T-shirt with the exact same image printed on it.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Zephara" date="2019-02-19 11:57:55" ] That globe looks messed up [/quote] Th-thank you for this very constructive criticism [emoji=comment]
Zephara wrote on 2019-02-19 11:57:55:
That globe looks messed up

Th-thank you for this very constructive criticism
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
It's definitely interesting to think about it with real-world comparisons.

Another possible thought about the geography is that the World Map might not be entirely accurate. If I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that it's rather difficult to scale our own planet for maps, and things can have their size/shape change just going from a globe to a flat map.
It's definitely interesting to think about it with real-world comparisons.

Another possible thought about the geography is that the World Map might not be entirely accurate. If I remember correctly, I think I read somewhere that it's rather difficult to scale our own planet for maps, and things can have their size/shape change just going from a globe to a flat map.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
@amillionzeros
pinging myself to read after school because this seems really cool

Just finished reading through it and I've got to say, you put a lot of thought and effort into it. The part about the gravitational pull especially interested me. Great job!
@amillionzeros
pinging myself to read after school because this seems really cool

Just finished reading through it and I've got to say, you put a lot of thought and effort into it. The part about the gravitational pull especially interested me. Great job!
silks.gif things are bound to get better
FR+2 || she/her || wishlist || yeehaw
Ok ok I read it and this is super cool!!! I LOVE the idea that Sornieth has a different gravitational pull than Earth does
Ok ok I read it and this is super cool!!! I LOVE the idea that Sornieth has a different gravitational pull than Earth does
Non-Fodder Available For Fodder Prices
Time to make a conspiracy theory, thanks for the info
Time to make a conspiracy theory, thanks for the info
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

@mistleaf yep! the World Map we have here is just a caricature anyway so it's not accurate but the world map we see of Earth was actually stretched so it could be put on a flat rectangular surface. Apparently, a Japanese team or architect made this new world map version and it's much more accurate than your mainstream map [img]https://media.wired.com/photos/5926a4158d4ebc5ab806afa0/master/pass/AuthMapHP3.jpg[/img]
@mistleaf yep! the World Map we have here is just a caricature anyway so it's not accurate but the world map we see of Earth was actually stretched so it could be put on a flat rectangular surface. Apparently, a Japanese team or architect made this new world map version and it's much more accurate than your mainstream map

AuthMapHP3.jpg
@sparkdust AHJKFG thank you so much!! I'm very glad you enjoyed it ♥

@/bathtubdoritos >:^))) conspiracy theorising? COMMENCE
@sparkdust AHJKFG thank you so much!! I'm very glad you enjoyed it ♥

@/bathtubdoritos >:^))) conspiracy theorising? COMMENCE
This...This is amazing
This...This is amazing
4xd1oW3.png
I love this!
I love this!
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8