Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does the map work?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@TehuMertt This is great! I'd like to consider, though... are there three phylums of chordata? [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/25404.png[/img] Or, are the legs simply vestigial/de-evolved? In which case, are four-legged creatures ones with vestigial/de-evolved sixth limbs and there's only a single evolutionary line with wacky branches? [i]The mystery deepens And is stuff I'd never even considered until your post A++ theorising[/i] Also, what even [i]are[/i] buttersnakes?
@TehuMertt
This is great!
I'd like to consider, though... are there three phylums of chordata?
25404.png
Or, are the legs simply vestigial/de-evolved?

In which case, are four-legged creatures ones with vestigial/de-evolved sixth limbs and there's only a single evolutionary line with wacky branches?

The mystery deepens
And is stuff I'd never even considered until your post A++ theorising

Also, what even are buttersnakes?
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-02-19 11:40:18" ] I have no life besides obsessing over other realities :^) [/quote] Me exactly X')
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-02-19 11:40:18:
I have no life besides obsessing over other realities :^)

Me exactly X')
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
omg i love this! thanks for the work of writing all this out <3
omg i love this! thanks for the work of writing all this out <3
0hXKHxZ.png Art Shop
Character Portraits [Hiatus]
Accent Shop
Mythology, Nature, Gold
Please tell me the new map is going to be extremely similar to this
Please tell me the new map is going to be extremely similar to this
waywind_banner.png

Waywind Wanderers

We will wander wherever the wind takes us.
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2019-02-19 14:47:42" ] Also, what even [i]are[/i] buttersnakes? [/quote] The true rulers of Sornieth
Vendrus wrote on 2019-02-19 14:47:42:
Also, what even are buttersnakes?
The true rulers of Sornieth
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
@TehuMertt

You're assuming Sorneith is a globe. What if it was flat? :)

But seriously, awesome work.
@TehuMertt

But seriously, awesome work.
QiRqFyd.gif
This is really cool! I love super in depth things!
This is really cool! I love super in depth things!
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
mark since this is awesome!
mark since this is awesome!
Q11qPxO.png Formerly TheFamily
In posession of Savior, our one true leader
Feel free to PM me!
@vendrus since we don't have a direct and detailed layout of that cockatrice's anatomy, I cannot know if they belong to the first or second phylum, but it does look like they only have one whole sternum and two scapulas (unlike four-armed beings with four scapulas and a possibly segmented sternum) [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/340.png[/img] If we take a look at this cockatrice, however, we can see clearly that they don't have another pair of arms and, assuming both cockatrices are related, the first one belongs to the first phylum. It appears they just lost their two legs. Also, we don't have any four-legged vertebrates, only ones with two arms and two legs. We do have quadrupedal vertebrates aka the ones who use four limbs for walking :^) @/khayria AHJGF thank you so much omg @galacticexplorer HAH I WISH. Sadly, the Staff stuck to a more simplified map with artistic liberties, they weren't planning on making the map geographically accurate :^( [quote name="Thiedo" date="2019-02-19 17:21:58" ] You're assuming Sorneith is a globe. What if it was flat? :) [/quote] @thiedo [b]cursed[/b] @/inkedmyths AJFDKLJFG thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it ♥
@vendrus since we don't have a direct and detailed layout of that cockatrice's anatomy, I cannot know if they belong to the first or second phylum, but it does look like they only have one whole sternum and two scapulas (unlike four-armed beings with four scapulas and a possibly segmented sternum)

340.png

If we take a look at this cockatrice, however, we can see clearly that they don't have another pair of arms and, assuming both cockatrices are related, the first one belongs to the first phylum. It appears they just lost their two legs.
Also, we don't have any four-legged vertebrates, only ones with two arms and two legs. We do have quadrupedal vertebrates aka the ones who use four limbs for walking :^)

@/khayria AHJGF thank you so much omg

@galacticexplorer HAH I WISH. Sadly, the Staff stuck to a more simplified map with artistic liberties, they weren't planning on making the map geographically accurate :^(
Thiedo wrote on 2019-02-19 17:21:58:

@thiedo cursed

@/inkedmyths AJFDKLJFG thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it ♥
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@/thefamily OOPS i somehow missed that. Thank you so much, I'm very glad this rambling of mine interests you ♥
@/thefamily OOPS i somehow missed that. Thank you so much, I'm very glad this rambling of mine interests you ♥
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8