Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Some hatchery questions to you customers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@kyrin18

Q 1: Do you ever actually read the rules to each hatchery you visit?
A:Yes. If there are a lot of typos, comes off as rude, or that says "no exalting" I won't bother.

Q 2: When buying a hatchling from a hatchery, do you ever actually read the discounts before you purchase it, or do you just buy it off the Auction House?
A: Depends on whether I notice it from the hatchery. I do buy off the AH regularly.

Q 3: What gene mixes do you like to see in a hatchery when it comes to breeding pairs? (ones that you might find irresistible)
A: Poison/toxin, Lionfish/Noxtide, Bee, Glimmer

Q 4: What color/gene mixes would you like to see more of or ones you'll never get tired of?
A: Bright XYZs and unique pastels

Q 5: What color/gene mixes have you seen enough of, and dislike because you see it everywhere?
A: None really

Q 6: What breeds would you like to see more of in hatcheries?
A: Tundras, Imperials
@kyrin18

A:Yes. If there are a lot of typos, comes off as rude, or that says "no exalting" I won't bother.

Q 2: When buying a hatchling from a hatchery, do you ever actually read the discounts before you purchase it, or do you just buy it off the Auction House?
A: Depends on whether I notice it from the hatchery. I do buy off the AH regularly.

Q 3: What gene mixes do you like to see in a hatchery when it comes to breeding pairs? (ones that you might find irresistible)
A: Poison/toxin, Lionfish/Noxtide, Bee, Glimmer

Q 4: What color/gene mixes would you like to see more of or ones you'll never get tired of?
A: Bright XYZs and unique pastels

Q 5: What color/gene mixes have you seen enough of, and dislike because you see it everywhere?
A: None really

A: Tundras, Imperials
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
A: Usually I scroll down to where the actual dragons are, and if I find one that I like/really want, I go back up to the rules and read them over carefully out of fear I'll do something wrong haha

A: I usually read through everything before purchasing a dragon

A: Honestly, I can't say. I don't actually go to hatcheries often, but when I do it's usually me in a "surprise me with your creativity" mood.

A: I love it when there are genes that add colour accents to it, especially when it ties together 2 different colours. I'm not a fan of XYZ, XXY, XYY, etc., I prefer XYZ dragons, especially if there's some matching going on.

A: Obs/Obs/*colour* is really boring in my opinion. Actually, I just don't like dragons with 2 of the same colour usually. I don't have much else to say for that.

A: Mirrors, Guardians, Snappers (because I've yet to find one I like, but want one), Ridgebacks, Bogsneaks, aaand not gonna deny that I love Wildclaws.
A: Usually I scroll down to where the actual dragons are, and if I find one that I like/really want, I go back up to the rules and read them over carefully out of fear I'll do something wrong haha

A: I usually read through everything before purchasing a dragon

A: Honestly, I can't say. I don't actually go to hatcheries often, but when I do it's usually me in a "surprise me with your creativity" mood.

A: I love it when there are genes that add colour accents to it, especially when it ties together 2 different colours. I'm not a fan of XYZ, XXY, XYY, etc., I prefer XYZ dragons, especially if there's some matching going on.

A: Obs/Obs/*colour* is really boring in my opinion. Actually, I just don't like dragons with 2 of the same colour usually. I don't have much else to say for that.

A: Mirrors, Guardians, Snappers (because I've yet to find one I like, but want one), Ridgebacks, Bogsneaks, aaand not gonna deny that I love Wildclaws.
A: Yes, I read them, but sometimes a little less thoroughly than other times. Depends on how long they are.

A: Usually I just buy them, don't want to wait until the hatchery-holder responds, the hatchling might be gone by then.

A: I'm not sure. Used to like wasp/bee, but now everyone has them so they're not special anymore. I still like stained, and I love the combo of starmap/ghost. Also like matching eyes.

A: I like starmaps that have ghost gene in a much lighter shade of the same color. (For example, pink starmap, pearl ghost. c: But works with most colors.)

A: Wasp/bee is around too much on the expensive breeds. Still like it on the less popular breeds though. Iri/Shim is also overdone, but I still like them when they have ghost and nice colors. Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer is also mostly boring.

A: Spirals.
A: Yes, I read them, but sometimes a little less thoroughly than other times. Depends on how long they are.

A: Usually I just buy them, don't want to wait until the hatchery-holder responds, the hatchling might be gone by then.

A: I'm not sure. Used to like wasp/bee, but now everyone has them so they're not special anymore. I still like stained, and I love the combo of starmap/ghost. Also like matching eyes.

A: I like starmaps that have ghost gene in a much lighter shade of the same color. (For example, pink starmap, pearl ghost. c: But works with most colors.)

A: Wasp/bee is around too much on the expensive breeds. Still like it on the less popular breeds though. Iri/Shim is also overdone, but I still like them when they have ghost and nice colors. Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer is also mostly boring.

A: Spirals.
A: Usually I give a first check to the pairs and the dragons, see if I'm interested, if I am I read the rules before posting or buying

A: I often just buy it off the AH

A: Starmap and constellation, iridescent and shimmer, bee, stained, runes.

A: I can never get tired of light-ey dragons with colors like maize to antique, goldenrod to gold, light browns like sand, latte or beige. Sometimes some hints of robin to jade. Iridescent and shimmer never get old (when used well). I'd like to see more hatcheries daring to use less popular genes and show their potential. More basics! Basic is valid and deserves more love. More XYZs with cute combos.

A: XXX dragons, with some exceptions, are boring. Capsule can be good but it's everywhere. Petals and butterfly are to be used with moderation, and never together imo.

A: More cute snappers, pearlcatchers, tundras, guardians
A: Usually I give a first check to the pairs and the dragons, see if I'm interested, if I am I read the rules before posting or buying

A: I often just buy it off the AH

A: Starmap and constellation, iridescent and shimmer, bee, stained, runes.

A: I can never get tired of light-ey dragons with colors like maize to antique, goldenrod to gold, light browns like sand, latte or beige. Sometimes some hints of robin to jade. Iridescent and shimmer never get old (when used well). I'd like to see more hatcheries daring to use less popular genes and show their potential. More basics! Basic is valid and deserves more love. More XYZs with cute combos.

A: XXX dragons, with some exceptions, are boring. Capsule can be good but it's everywhere. Petals and butterfly are to be used with moderation, and never together imo.

A: More cute snappers, pearlcatchers, tundras, guardians
3p6kP58.pngIJwaU3N.pngyOwtToS.png
A: Not in depth. I don't join pinglists or anything like that so it's not really necessary.

A: I read them, but they never apply to me. I prefer the convenience of just buying off the AH.

A: Interesting and rare color combos (cool XYZs, doubles of uncommon colors like Algae) and unusual mixes of treasure and gem genes (ex: THIS or THIS vs generic Pet/Butt/Glim Iri/Shim Jag/Rose etc.)

A: I like interesting and unique mixes like THIS. I never get sick of Circuit over non-patterned genes like CryFace, MetAlloy, and IriFace. Gold tones + various colors.

A: Non-Stained pastels. Pet/Butt/Glim Coatls. "Aurora" and "Space" dragons in Obsidian or Midnight with various purple-blue-green range terts.

A: Wildclaws, Nocturnes, Snappers, Ridgebacks, Pearlcatchers, etc. Most hatcheries seem to just have Coatls, Imps, and Skydancers with maaaaybe a couple pairs that aren't those.
A: Not in depth. I don't join pinglists or anything like that so it's not really necessary.

A: I read them, but they never apply to me. I prefer the convenience of just buying off the AH.

A: Interesting and rare color combos (cool XYZs, doubles of uncommon colors like Algae) and unusual mixes of treasure and gem genes (ex: THIS or THIS vs generic Pet/Butt/Glim Iri/Shim Jag/Rose etc.)

A: I like interesting and unique mixes like THIS. I never get sick of Circuit over non-patterned genes like CryFace, MetAlloy, and IriFace. Gold tones + various colors.

A: Non-Stained pastels. Pet/Butt/Glim Coatls. "Aurora" and "Space" dragons in Obsidian or Midnight with various purple-blue-green range terts.

A: Wildclaws, Nocturnes, Snappers, Ridgebacks, Pearlcatchers, etc. Most hatcheries seem to just have Coatls, Imps, and Skydancers with maaaaybe a couple pairs that aren't those.
OVI5Wp2.gif
A: Yea!

A: yeah

A: Py/Mo/Cap | Skin/Spin/Cap | Py/Any/Cap/Glim

A: RADIOACTIVE.

A: MOAR SKYD. MOAR PCS. MOAR WCS
A: Yea!

A: yeah

A: Py/Mo/Cap | Skin/Spin/Cap | Py/Any/Cap/Glim

A: RADIOACTIVE.

A: MOAR SKYD. MOAR PCS. MOAR WCS
Sanidars_Sorrow.png[/left] FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png Most of my Permas are in my HibDen, please check there for Forum Games too please.
1. Every time I've bought from a hatchery (or any thread really) I've read the rules

2. AH.

3. the typical safe genes (iri/shim,pet/butt,star/cons,wasp/bee,met/alloy,etc.) will always catch my eye, but I also love seeing dergs that can work those less popular genes

4. browns/beiges/maize with really whatever genes look nice

5. tired of seein blues, any blues
they're everywhere and I've owned so many and I'm over it

6. Spirals and Wildclaws
1. Every time I've bought from a hatchery (or any thread really) I've read the rules

2. AH.

3. the typical safe genes (iri/shim,pet/butt,star/cons,wasp/bee,met/alloy,etc.) will always catch my eye, but I also love seeing dergs that can work those less popular genes

4. browns/beiges/maize with really whatever genes look nice

5. tired of seein blues, any blues
they're everywhere and I've owned so many and I'm over it

6. Spirals and Wildclaws
1V5lI2H.png
A: Yes, but only if i'm already considering buying or getting on a pinglist.

A: Depends on where i first see it. If i find it on the AH, i'll most likely just buy it straight out, but if i find it on the hatchery thread, i'll check the discounts.

A: I have a weakness for Metallic/Toxin-Trail-Morph-Seraph/Ringlets-Thylacine-Capsule-Ghost-Stained(but only in a color like fuchsia, ruby, or cyan)-Scales, provided the colors are interesting and well-coordinated. There's nothing quite like a good XYZ in these genes.

A: See above-I also generally like Python, Clown (only in certain colors), Jaguar (also color-specific), Lionfish, Butterfly (color specific again), Striation(color-specific), and Eyespots (still color-specific), but not nearly to the same level. Overall, i just really wanna see more creative applications of the "bad" treasure genes that no one uses (vipera, cherub, current, ect).

A: Pretty much anything in XXX, and/or genes that are all from the same set (especially if the tert is just glimmer) for example Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer or Poison/Toxin/Glimmer. I don't actually dislike glimmer, i just think it's overused and often something else would be better. Also, pink. I hate pink range. The only pink range i'll accept is pearl, wine, raspberry, fuchsia (only as a stained tert), and pink (only as capsule).

A: Ridgebacks, Nocturnes, Faes, Guardians, Mirrors, Snappers, Spirals, Tundras, basically anything at all that isn't the typical coatls/imps/skydancers only fare that's absolutely everywhere
A: Yes, but only if i'm already considering buying or getting on a pinglist.

A: Depends on where i first see it. If i find it on the AH, i'll most likely just buy it straight out, but if i find it on the hatchery thread, i'll check the discounts.

A: I have a weakness for Metallic/Toxin-Trail-Morph-Seraph/Ringlets-Thylacine-Capsule-Ghost-Stained(but only in a color like fuchsia, ruby, or cyan)-Scales, provided the colors are interesting and well-coordinated. There's nothing quite like a good XYZ in these genes.

A: See above-I also generally like Python, Clown (only in certain colors), Jaguar (also color-specific), Lionfish, Butterfly (color specific again), Striation(color-specific), and Eyespots (still color-specific), but not nearly to the same level. Overall, i just really wanna see more creative applications of the "bad" treasure genes that no one uses (vipera, cherub, current, ect).

A: Pretty much anything in XXX, and/or genes that are all from the same set (especially if the tert is just glimmer) for example Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer or Poison/Toxin/Glimmer. I don't actually dislike glimmer, i just think it's overused and often something else would be better. Also, pink. I hate pink range. The only pink range i'll accept is pearl, wine, raspberry, fuchsia (only as a stained tert), and pink (only as capsule).

A: Ridgebacks, Nocturnes, Faes, Guardians, Mirrors, Snappers, Spirals, Tundras, basically anything at all that isn't the typical coatls/imps/skydancers only fare that's absolutely everywhere
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread

A: Yes, but only after I decided that I want to buy a dragon OR if I ask to be put on the pinglist (and sometimes when I am bored too)

A: I usually read the discounts, sometimes I will buy it off the AH anyway if I really want it and am worried someone will grab it before me

A: Spinner and Striation, and other Treasure Genes because so many hatcheries mainly use Gem genes

A: XYZ, pink colors and cyan

A: XXX and XXY of all sorts

A: RIDGEBACKS for sure, those are super rare! Also Mirrors, or plentifuls in general

A: Yes, but only after I decided that I want to buy a dragon OR if I ask to be put on the pinglist (and sometimes when I am bored too)

A: I usually read the discounts, sometimes I will buy it off the AH anyway if I really want it and am worried someone will grab it before me

A: Spinner and Striation, and other Treasure Genes because so many hatcheries mainly use Gem genes

A: XYZ, pink colors and cyan

A: XXX and XXY of all sorts

A: RIDGEBACKS for sure, those are super rare! Also Mirrors, or plentifuls in general
qR6otwA.png
A: Only if I'm about to buy something. I usually only check the g/t ratio if I'd like to pay in another currency and if I'm eligible for any major discounts.

A: I do check them, but they almost never apply to me and usually they don't make any difference. I don't care about 10% off :D -50% would be something. I just buy off the AH

A: Atm lion/noxtide, pinstripe/trail, python/morph, bee, glimmer, starmap/constellation...

A: Good looking XYZs and XXYs with bright tertiary. I never buy XXXs

A: XXXs

A: Just anything else but WC and coatl
A: Only if I'm about to buy something. I usually only check the g/t ratio if I'd like to pay in another currency and if I'm eligible for any major discounts.

A: I do check them, but they almost never apply to me and usually they don't make any difference. I don't care about 10% off :D -50% would be something. I just buy off the AH

A: Atm lion/noxtide, pinstripe/trail, python/morph, bee, glimmer, starmap/constellation...

A: Good looking XYZs and XXYs with bright tertiary. I never buy XXXs

A: XXXs

A: Just anything else but WC and coatl
1 2 3 4 5 6 7