Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2018
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 88 89
No eggs yet

Edit: Never mind I literally just got one
No eggs yet

Edit: Never mind I literally just got one
fpoee.gif
NjXP8.gif
EtcsL.gif
zMeQd.gif
@Natakiro
Yeah as I said I really understand how you and others can like it. My intention is never to be purposely salty on it, every year I genuinely hope the event will be at the very least decent for a change instead of stressful or frustrating. Unfortunately the staff somehow doesn't seem to have a clue how to handle a big event and makes the exact same mistakes every.single.time. After so long watching this thing crash and burn only to be covered up with a rushed new announcement(watch it, they will release some new gene as soon as NotN is over) with little to no addressing the issues, I can't help but feel incredibly cynical and bitter about this festival's very existence. ¬¬

And ooh man, consider yourself lucky that you missed the first NotN. The site literally broke down on the first two days because the server couldn't handle the userbase's activity, specially in the coliseum. Then even after they got it running again the coliseum continued to struggle to function with the site lagging awfully for the rest of the festival. Also the drop rate for chests was overwhelming, with people finding literally hundreds per day. However, the chests only contained useless trinkets at a time Baldwin's Cauldron wasn't even a thing yet, nor were there swipp trades for chests. There were horror stories of people spending hours opening hundreds of chests one by one without getting a single item of value, and I myself had to go through that only to find four nocturne eggs in the whole event. It was such a perfect combination of tedious repetition and constant frustrating results, it's a wonder how nobody went insane from it.

I'd say the second NotN had the worst drop rates of them all, though. I remember clearly how after the fiasco that was the first year, the staff seemed to nerf the drop rate so badly people spent hours in the coliseum without getting a single chest. Then at the second week they seemed to have tweaked the drop rate and ended up unbalancing it even further by having half of the userbase win scrolls and eggs by the dozens, while the rest couldn't even find a single chest. From then on all events have been like this mess, and considering what I've observed from the comments it's happening again: many players are getting super lucky and finding lots of chests, while others like my friends and I can barely get a single one from gathering and coligrinding.
@Natakiro
Yeah as I said I really understand how you and others can like it. My intention is never to be purposely salty on it, every year I genuinely hope the event will be at the very least decent for a change instead of stressful or frustrating. Unfortunately the staff somehow doesn't seem to have a clue how to handle a big event and makes the exact same mistakes every.single.time. After so long watching this thing crash and burn only to be covered up with a rushed new announcement(watch it, they will release some new gene as soon as NotN is over) with little to no addressing the issues, I can't help but feel incredibly cynical and bitter about this festival's very existence. ¬¬

And ooh man, consider yourself lucky that you missed the first NotN. The site literally broke down on the first two days because the server couldn't handle the userbase's activity, specially in the coliseum. Then even after they got it running again the coliseum continued to struggle to function with the site lagging awfully for the rest of the festival. Also the drop rate for chests was overwhelming, with people finding literally hundreds per day. However, the chests only contained useless trinkets at a time Baldwin's Cauldron wasn't even a thing yet, nor were there swipp trades for chests. There were horror stories of people spending hours opening hundreds of chests one by one without getting a single item of value, and I myself had to go through that only to find four nocturne eggs in the whole event. It was such a perfect combination of tedious repetition and constant frustrating results, it's a wonder how nobody went insane from it.

I'd say the second NotN had the worst drop rates of them all, though. I remember clearly how after the fiasco that was the first year, the staff seemed to nerf the drop rate so badly people spent hours in the coliseum without getting a single chest. Then at the second week they seemed to have tweaked the drop rate and ended up unbalancing it even further by having half of the userbase win scrolls and eggs by the dozens, while the rest couldn't even find a single chest. From then on all events have been like this mess, and considering what I've observed from the comments it's happening again: many players are getting super lucky and finding lots of chests, while others like my friends and I can barely get a single one from gathering and coligrinding.
ssjS89N.png
Ahhh I already got 63 [s]Or more[/s] treasures in total, I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I put all those things in her bio to keep up the track. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27344456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/273445/27344456_350.png[/img] [/url] I wish I got less doubles though-
Ahhh I already got 63 Or more treasures in total, I think I'm doing pretty good so far.

I put all those things in her bio to keep up the track.

27344456_350.png

I wish I got less doubles though-
ROOZ1my.png
UMevL3r.png
dEe2UrM.png
MFxuEZc.png
[quote name="DeliriumDelight" date="2018-12-26 10:17:28" ] I am getting one chest a day and I think that is a problem a lot of people are also experiencing. It's really disappointing. Love the new items but not being able to get a chest is an issue. [/quote] New day and again, I only got one box. This is awful :c
DeliriumDelight wrote on 2018-12-26 10:17:28:
I am getting one chest a day and I think that is a problem a lot of people are also experiencing. It's really disappointing. Love the new items but not being able to get a chest is an issue.

New day and again, I only got one box. This is awful :c
Yeah!
Yeah!
[quote name="DeliriumDelight" date="2018-12-27 10:04:34" ] [quote name="DeliriumDelight" date="2018-12-26 10:17:28" ] I am getting one chest a day and I think that is a problem a lot of people are also experiencing. It's really disappointing. Love the new items but not being able to get a chest is an issue. [/quote] New day and again, I only got one box. This is awful :c [/quote] The only way I get chests now is colliseum.
DeliriumDelight wrote on 2018-12-27 10:04:34:
DeliriumDelight wrote on 2018-12-26 10:17:28:
I am getting one chest a day and I think that is a problem a lot of people are also experiencing. It's really disappointing. Love the new items but not being able to get a chest is an issue.

New day and again, I only got one box. This is awful :c

The only way I get chests now is colliseum.
ROOZ1my.png
UMevL3r.png
dEe2UrM.png
MFxuEZc.png
I've opened at least 10 chests thus far (not many but I'm hoarding) and Al I've gotten is jolly jester apparel and old familiars and ONE new apparel.

I really hope the admins do something about what's in the chests. Because even though it says the new stuff has a higher chance, that is obviously not so.
I've opened at least 10 chests thus far (not many but I'm hoarding) and Al I've gotten is jolly jester apparel and old familiars and ONE new apparel.

I really hope the admins do something about what's in the chests. Because even though it says the new stuff has a higher chance, that is obviously not so.
I really like this event
I really like this event
UZVTEBc.png
Will all items listed for the event be gone after notn, or will some be hanging around for awhile (including items than can be brewed at Baldwin’s)?
Will all items listed for the event be gone after notn, or will some be hanging around for awhile (including items than can be brewed at Baldwin’s)?
@rosablanca Items listed for NotN will cycle out (not retire) once the event is over January 6th, including Brews, Swipp trades, Coli drops, Gathering, etc. However, if next year will be like they have been, all of the items will return again via their original methods for 2019's NotN, albeit "lower rates" if from chests. If you have a NotN item brewing when the event ends, it will still keep cooking.

So in short, yes, all NotN will be gone once the event ends, though they will return next year. Also keep in mind that the Strange Chests will crumble at that time, too, so be sure to open them before then.
@rosablanca Items listed for NotN will cycle out (not retire) once the event is over January 6th, including Brews, Swipp trades, Coli drops, Gathering, etc. However, if next year will be like they have been, all of the items will return again via their original methods for 2019's NotN, albeit "lower rates" if from chests. If you have a NotN item brewing when the event ends, it will still keep cooking.

So in short, yes, all NotN will be gone once the event ends, though they will return next year. Also keep in mind that the Strange Chests will crumble at that time, too, so be sure to open them before then.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!