Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I Summon Yugioh Fans in Discuss Mode!
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 69 70
@suesue @Yugi @Eiira @PharaohAtem @NigiriFan [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sExBv0bvEWg/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
@suesue
@Yugi
@Eiira
@PharaohAtem
@NigiriFan

maxresdefault.jpg
bleakpaw_logo_by_crimson__cat-dbhhpgf.png
Since I might as well attempt discussion, who all here wishes we'd get shows about the stories presented in the cards as opposed to another 2-4 seasons of "card games are real and check out this cool new extra-deck card type"?
I would kill for the Gagigo saga to be animated, and would not mind if they showed us more of the World Legacy story in cartoon form.
Since I might as well attempt discussion, who all here wishes we'd get shows about the stories presented in the cards as opposed to another 2-4 seasons of "card games are real and check out this cool new extra-deck card type"?
I would kill for the Gagigo saga to be animated, and would not mind if they showed us more of the World Legacy story in cartoon form.
@suesue
@Yugi
@Eiira
@PharaohAtem
@NigiriFan

@tyrantares

That is an interesting idea. I mean, it is canon that duelmonsters have their own spirits and ergo are real characters technically, but have very little dialogue percentage-wise.

After the latest movie, there could be an arc or entire season that gives duelmonsters more emphasis.
@suesue
@Yugi
@Eiira
@PharaohAtem
@NigiriFan

@tyrantares

That is an interesting idea. I mean, it is canon that duelmonsters have their own spirits and ergo are real characters technically, but have very little dialogue percentage-wise.

After the latest movie, there could be an arc or entire season that gives duelmonsters more emphasis.
bleakpaw_logo_by_crimson__cat-dbhhpgf.png
I'd like to see that too. Man, capsule monsters had that potential, but they screwed it over for doing something like that, and man, I'm one of the few people who seems to LIKE capsule monsters... F.
I'd like to see that too. Man, capsule monsters had that potential, but they screwed it over for doing something like that, and man, I'm one of the few people who seems to LIKE capsule monsters... F.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
A World Legacy series would certainly be cool. I mean, you don't see many lores in Yu-Gi-Oh! spanning over 7 different archetypes.

And how about a Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord season? Imagine how much can be told about those, considering that True Draco, True King, Amorphage, Dinomist, Igknight, Majespecter, Metalfoes, Zoodiac and Crystron are also related to them. Quite some material for a separate series.
A World Legacy series would certainly be cool. I mean, you don't see many lores in Yu-Gi-Oh! spanning over 7 different archetypes.

And how about a Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord season? Imagine how much can be told about those, considering that True Draco, True King, Amorphage, Dinomist, Igknight, Majespecter, Metalfoes, Zoodiac and Crystron are also related to them. Quite some material for a separate series.
Honestly, the Duel Terminal saga (and possibly the dracoslayer saga, since that new zefra card suggests they're connected) would probably be the best to adapt. It's the longest running as an official story, and has the most information explicitly stated about its setting, characters and plot. I would personally prefer if they kept it separate from the main yugioh "setting", but there is a lot of reference to Ra in the duel terminal deeplore, and it wouldn't be too shocking if they justified the duel terminal setting as a parallel universe or one of the spirit monster worlds.
Honestly, the Duel Terminal saga (and possibly the dracoslayer saga, since that new zefra card suggests they're connected) would probably be the best to adapt. It's the longest running as an official story, and has the most information explicitly stated about its setting, characters and plot. I would personally prefer if they kept it separate from the main yugioh "setting", but there is a lot of reference to Ra in the duel terminal deeplore, and it wouldn't be too shocking if they justified the duel terminal setting as a parallel universe or one of the spirit monster worlds.
Just got pinged here and OMG I LOVE YUGIOH

I still have all the cards I had as a kid. I also have a curtain made of cards in my room. Yugioh is honestly the BOMB.
Just got pinged here and OMG I LOVE YUGIOH

I still have all the cards I had as a kid. I also have a curtain made of cards in my room. Yugioh is honestly the BOMB.
9uAAn0f.png
There are actual stories of the duel monsters stuff that doesn't just stay on archtypes I believe?

If you actually look on the YGO Wiki, there is a few canon stories of the duel monster cards within their world that pertain to them.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_storylines

A lot of them get stories usually at the end of YGO seasons in Master Guide books that are released in Japan.

Edit: The wiki actually links the cards to which their referring to. If anybody hasn't noticed that some cards depict certain duel monsters multiple times or certain cards 'evolve', these usually have a story to them. Its explained in the wiki better than I can explain them, but please read them if you are interested in the stories of the Duel Monsters.
There are actual stories of the duel monsters stuff that doesn't just stay on archtypes I believe?

If you actually look on the YGO Wiki, there is a few canon stories of the duel monster cards within their world that pertain to them.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_storylines

A lot of them get stories usually at the end of YGO seasons in Master Guide books that are released in Japan.

Edit: The wiki actually links the cards to which their referring to. If anybody hasn't noticed that some cards depict certain duel monsters multiple times or certain cards 'evolve', these usually have a story to them. Its explained in the wiki better than I can explain them, but please read them if you are interested in the stories of the Duel Monsters.
Hap6WV9.gif
Yes, those are the storylines I'm talking about. I want those but in anime form, or at least in easily accessed book form, rather than more of the same story of half life games with full life consequences. The Master Guide books don't find their way here as often or as completely translated, and anime as it stands I feel just repeats over and over the same storyline that its had since 5ds, so something new and wildly different, while not actually being an unfamiliar story to the brand as a whole, would be refreshing I think.
Yes, those are the storylines I'm talking about. I want those but in anime form, or at least in easily accessed book form, rather than more of the same story of half life games with full life consequences. The Master Guide books don't find their way here as often or as completely translated, and anime as it stands I feel just repeats over and over the same storyline that its had since 5ds, so something new and wildly different, while not actually being an unfamiliar story to the brand as a whole, would be refreshing I think.
Genius idea:

Convince Netflix to get Vrains episodes (I haven't seen any and it's killing me)
Genius idea:

Convince Netflix to get Vrains episodes (I haven't seen any and it's killing me)
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 69 70