Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 109 110
Ahhh! I was just playing in the fairgrounds then went to check trading post and saw this, I like raffles so I'm glad.
Ahhh! I was just playing in the fairgrounds then went to check trading post and saw this, I like raffles so I'm glad.
tumblr_o08xlsnkC01s6t6tko1_100.gif
After thinking it over, I'm fine with the lack of a cap, as it's an adequate treasure sink. I personally won't be buying very many (never liked raffles/gambling, and as someone already pointed out, I'm more likely to die by freak accident than win); you could get like 6 a day from what you earn from Tomo (42 tickets a week, if I did the math right and you get all the answers correct.) I'll just stick to saving up and buying the item myself instead of wasting my treasure on this.

but lol at there being almost 900k tickets sold already; they obviously weren't expecting it to reach almost 1mil so soon, as there isn't enough room on the counter XD

Also hoping that the new format for the trading post is just temporary, as it's very bland and lacks any sort of charm that the "map" before it had. Hoping it's just to tide over until they can get the new art for it finished (it was kinda of old looking and needed redone, anyway, imo), but whatever.

Not sure how I feel about previous winners being announced; sounds like a good way to suddenly get hounded/bothered by other players. I personally wouldn't be too thrilled by an influx of people posting on my page or sending PMs about anything I won, especially if it ends up being a dragon or a valuable retired item. Not trying to sound crabby, but I wish there was a way to make it kind of "anonymous", or maybe not include it.
After thinking it over, I'm fine with the lack of a cap, as it's an adequate treasure sink. I personally won't be buying very many (never liked raffles/gambling, and as someone already pointed out, I'm more likely to die by freak accident than win); you could get like 6 a day from what you earn from Tomo (42 tickets a week, if I did the math right and you get all the answers correct.) I'll just stick to saving up and buying the item myself instead of wasting my treasure on this.

but lol at there being almost 900k tickets sold already; they obviously weren't expecting it to reach almost 1mil so soon, as there isn't enough room on the counter XD

Also hoping that the new format for the trading post is just temporary, as it's very bland and lacks any sort of charm that the "map" before it had. Hoping it's just to tide over until they can get the new art for it finished (it was kinda of old looking and needed redone, anyway, imo), but whatever.

Not sure how I feel about previous winners being announced; sounds like a good way to suddenly get hounded/bothered by other players. I personally wouldn't be too thrilled by an influx of people posting on my page or sending PMs about anything I won, especially if it ends up being a dragon or a valuable retired item. Not trying to sound crabby, but I wish there was a way to make it kind of "anonymous", or maybe not include it.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Yaaaayyy Roundsey is here!!!
Yaaaayyy Roundsey is here!!!
KgVQIRc.png J5GZRc7.png wg8Hj9y.gif rD9Krdj.gif eVePoiw.gif
Roundsey is so adorable! And the raffle looks pretty cool too!
Roundsey is so adorable! And the raffle looks pretty cool too!
shadowshieldl.png StRQpZw.png shadowshieldr.png
Perhaps instead of the previous winners, it could display some stats on the previous raffle? Like most tickets bought by one person (but without the person's name, obviously - only the number), mean and median tickets bought, and total number of participants. As far as i can think of, this would be less likely to lead to harassment, and perhaps help people evaluate the need for a cap.
(Let's be real though, I'm only suggesting it because I'd be interested to see the numbers)
Perhaps instead of the previous winners, it could display some stats on the previous raffle? Like most tickets bought by one person (but without the person's name, obviously - only the number), mean and median tickets bought, and total number of participants. As far as i can think of, this would be less likely to lead to harassment, and perhaps help people evaluate the need for a cap.
(Let's be real though, I'm only suggesting it because I'd be interested to see the numbers)
2e2UMYR.png
With the rate tickets are selling they might have to implement a ticket cap per user lol.

And yeah I think listing the previous winners should be removed. I like to think the community are pretty nice but it gives these people a target for unnecessary backlash if it were to happen.
With the rate tickets are selling they might have to implement a ticket cap per user lol.

And yeah I think listing the previous winners should be removed. I like to think the community are pretty nice but it gives these people a target for unnecessary backlash if it were to happen.
wTOyoFv.pngED8lzEj.pngzjXFC3v.pngrSS3hQ0.png
Guess who's going to spend all their money on raffle tickets!?

That's right... Me!
Guess who's going to spend all their money on raffle tickets!?

That's right... Me!
jyQAC9y.png
MY WIF E
MY WIF E
bHeX9bv.png
What's this? OwO
What's this? OwO
Personally I would like a cap. As a very broke player I always appreciate fair game when it comes to these things. I don't necessarily mean a small limit- It can be a large sum of tickets allowed. However, it's still nice to know that multiple people can't drop 5 mil worth of treasure or more, thus practically ruining the chances for everyone else.

It makes sense for it to be a "pay more for a higher chance to win the expensive prize," I totally get that. But it's a site wide raffle. Meaning newer users can dump maybe what, 100k max? And that's a lot of money to them, potentially wasted, because a richer user put in their 3 mil pocket change in.

Personally, 100kt is a ton for me. Yes, just 100kt. That's how broke you are when you're not well off. All I can afford at the moment is 10 tickets, and I'm not wasting any more of my hard earned treasure that I had to grind for. I just think a cap is fairer for everyone- so it's not a "the richest always win" kind of situation. That just makes the whole thing not fun.
Personally I would like a cap. As a very broke player I always appreciate fair game when it comes to these things. I don't necessarily mean a small limit- It can be a large sum of tickets allowed. However, it's still nice to know that multiple people can't drop 5 mil worth of treasure or more, thus practically ruining the chances for everyone else.

It makes sense for it to be a "pay more for a higher chance to win the expensive prize," I totally get that. But it's a site wide raffle. Meaning newer users can dump maybe what, 100k max? And that's a lot of money to them, potentially wasted, because a richer user put in their 3 mil pocket change in.

Personally, 100kt is a ton for me. Yes, just 100kt. That's how broke you are when you're not well off. All I can afford at the moment is 10 tickets, and I'm not wasting any more of my hard earned treasure that I had to grind for. I just think a cap is fairer for everyone- so it's not a "the richest always win" kind of situation. That just makes the whole thing not fun.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 109 110