Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 109 110
This raffle seems fun, but I'm really sad to see the Trading Post art go away. Personally I never had a problem clicking anything there on my phone.

I can understand the arguments from the people who want a ticket cap but I believe it works better with no cap. My reasoning is:
- This is a treasure sink. No limit means more treasure disappears from the site, which is the purpose of this sink
- Some people mention it being more fair that way but I really don't see why a raffle should be fair. It's RNG, so it's inherently unfair. If anything, no limit just makes it more fair, because you have a better chance if you invested more.
- I believe being able to gamble away virtual money is a great way for kids to realize gambling is not to be taken as an investment. Better to learn this lesson here than with real money.
This raffle seems fun, but I'm really sad to see the Trading Post art go away. Personally I never had a problem clicking anything there on my phone.

I can understand the arguments from the people who want a ticket cap but I believe it works better with no cap. My reasoning is:
- This is a treasure sink. No limit means more treasure disappears from the site, which is the purpose of this sink
- Some people mention it being more fair that way but I really don't see why a raffle should be fair. It's RNG, so it's inherently unfair. If anything, no limit just makes it more fair, because you have a better chance if you invested more.
- I believe being able to gamble away virtual money is a great way for kids to realize gambling is not to be taken as an investment. Better to learn this lesson here than with real money.
ngw7WrY.png
[quote name="Dexianne" date="2018-08-22 13:21:14" ] Some people on this thread want a ticket limit, and I gotta agree. Why not give everyone an equal chance at this? [/quote] Then it wouldn't be a raffle, it would be a giveaway.
Dexianne wrote on 2018-08-22 13:21:14:
Some people on this thread want a ticket limit, and I gotta agree. Why not give everyone an equal chance at this?

Then it wouldn't be a raffle, it would be a giveaway.
th72tUi.png tumblr_ojpzfkodsb1u8m70ho5_r1_100.pngtumblr_njw2bk1eZi1unlpe2o1_100.pngnV0BWDQ.gif
nice
nice
23518.png17370.png13413.png17371.png15119.png
Wow, theres a lot more discourse than I thought there would be.

I don't think many people realize this is a raffle, and that the winners are randomly generated. It's gambling, really. No matter if you buy one ticket or 10000 tickets, you could still win, you could still loose. It's just the more tickets you buy, the higher chance you have of winning. If you're really that invested in it, then maybe you should focus on earning more treasure to ever so slightly heighten the chances of winning.

And people are really upset over 5 more Speedy being added to the game? I have no way of knowing, but i'm positive there's many, many more than 5 in the hoards of locked or inactive accounts. There are thousands of Speedy out there, I have one, some people have multiple- this is just a chance for someone who may never have the opportunity to buy or receive one to get one. The market is not going to crash, but people are so worried that they are rushing to get theirs on the AH. 5, its only 5. Sure, there will be more in the future as this is a weekly raffle, but over time its still never going to amount to what is already on the site in circulation. Think before you get so stressed out and upset over a pet game.

The devs cant please everyone, just remember that.
Wow, theres a lot more discourse than I thought there would be.

I don't think many people realize this is a raffle, and that the winners are randomly generated. It's gambling, really. No matter if you buy one ticket or 10000 tickets, you could still win, you could still loose. It's just the more tickets you buy, the higher chance you have of winning. If you're really that invested in it, then maybe you should focus on earning more treasure to ever so slightly heighten the chances of winning.

And people are really upset over 5 more Speedy being added to the game? I have no way of knowing, but i'm positive there's many, many more than 5 in the hoards of locked or inactive accounts. There are thousands of Speedy out there, I have one, some people have multiple- this is just a chance for someone who may never have the opportunity to buy or receive one to get one. The market is not going to crash, but people are so worried that they are rushing to get theirs on the AH. 5, its only 5. Sure, there will be more in the future as this is a weekly raffle, but over time its still never going to amount to what is already on the site in circulation. Think before you get so stressed out and upset over a pet game.

The devs cant please everyone, just remember that.
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
So, mods... Questions.

- Will the raffle dragons be tradeable, or treated more as if they were progens; they cannot leave the lair they were placed into?
- What happens when the ticket count (inevitably) goes over 1 million? Roundsey's count only goes up to 6 digits...
So, mods... Questions.

- Will the raffle dragons be tradeable, or treated more as if they were progens; they cannot leave the lair they were placed into?
- What happens when the ticket count (inevitably) goes over 1 million? Roundsey's count only goes up to 6 digits...
[quote name="valarauka" date="2018-08-22 14:47:37" ] Perhaps instead of the previous winners, it could display some stats on the previous raffle? Like most tickets bought by one person (but without the person's name, obviously - only the number), mean and median tickets bought, and total number of participants. As far as i can think of, this would be less likely to lead to harassment, and perhaps help people evaluate the need for a cap. (Let's be real though, I'm only suggesting it because I'd be interested to see the numbers) [/quote] I'd love to see this
valarauka wrote on 2018-08-22 14:47:37:
Perhaps instead of the previous winners, it could display some stats on the previous raffle? Like most tickets bought by one person (but without the person's name, obviously - only the number), mean and median tickets bought, and total number of participants. As far as i can think of, this would be less likely to lead to harassment, and perhaps help people evaluate the need for a cap.
(Let's be real though, I'm only suggesting it because I'd be interested to see the numbers)

I'd love to see this
ngw7WrY.png
[quote name="Rainbeetle" date="2018-08-22 14:51:58" ] [snip] Personally, 100kt is a ton for me. Yes, just 100kt. That's how broke you are when you're not well off. All I can afford at the moment is 10 tickets, and I'm not wasting any more of my hard earned treasure that I had to grind for. I just think a cap is fairer for everyone- so it's not a "the richest always win" kind of situation. That just makes the whole thing not fun. [/quote] @Rainbeetle Hope you don't mind some friendly advice, but (and this is when I come back from my hiatuses) I can make up to 100tk a day just by selling adult fodder that I hatched myself for between 6,500-7,500. For a casual player like myself who only really needs the treasure for festival skins and the like, exalting just takes up too much time (unless your flight is pushing for dominance), and it's sometimes just quicker and more efficient to sell your babes once they grow up. Hope that helps! <:-)
Rainbeetle wrote on 2018-08-22 14:51:58:
[snip]

Personally, 100kt is a ton for me. Yes, just 100kt. That's how broke you are when you're not well off. All I can afford at the moment is 10 tickets, and I'm not wasting any more of my hard earned treasure that I had to grind for. I just think a cap is fairer for everyone- so it's not a "the richest always win" kind of situation. That just makes the whole thing not fun.

@Rainbeetle

Hope you don't mind some friendly advice, but (and this is when I come back from my hiatuses) I can make up to 100tk a day just by selling adult fodder that I hatched myself for between 6,500-7,500. For a casual player like myself who only really needs the treasure for festival skins and the like, exalting just takes up too much time (unless your flight is pushing for dominance), and it's sometimes just quicker and more efficient to sell your babes once they grow up. Hope that helps! <:-)
w7Z8MA5.png
Oooh, nifty! I'm liking it!
For the dragons' elements, are those going to cycle through all the flights?
Edit: Aww I miss seeing the Trading Post map. :C
Oooh, nifty! I'm liking it!
For the dragons' elements, are those going to cycle through all the flights?
Edit: Aww I miss seeing the Trading Post map. :C
q7HgQ8F.png wzPU58E.gif
vX0xPiV.png
BxA4nRL.png
H0J6qM9.png PsLdVej.pngLISYKlK.png
Nice job adding a huge treasure dump for people who can't do math. In the week this will run, I could easily earn enough to buy a SPeedy or a couple of Starmap genes and not have it be a matter of incredible luck
Nice job adding a huge treasure dump for people who can't do math. In the week this will run, I could easily earn enough to buy a SPeedy or a couple of Starmap genes and not have it be a matter of incredible luck
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
What a lovely Arcane lady! Can't wait to see how chaotic this gets lol
What a lovely Arcane lady! Can't wait to see how chaotic this gets lol
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 109 110