Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Upcoming Projects
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 116 117
You guys never stop to amaze me, Thanks for make the game better each time <3
You guys never stop to amaze me, Thanks for make the game better each time <3

Hatchery
Art Shop
Twitter
Toyhouse
arcaneanim3.gif YdXahFO.gif oDFWcfL.gif AO6x9Go.gif uh5MgPj.gif CY9XrXE.gif
This all looks so cool! Thanks so much for keeping FR fun and interesting <3
This all looks so cool! Thanks so much for keeping FR fun and interesting <3
Retired Items
Retired Items are items that are no longer available in-game. They are typically awarded for special events or promotions. After that event or promotion has passed, they are unavailable again. Players who own a retired item may sell or trade it.

You guys stated MANY times that sprites and Year 1 fest will not be uneretiring. You stuck to your guns with scatter scrolls which hinestly didnt effect players much with their very low value. But bringing back these items is really not fair to your user base that you promised would not come back.

I think you should only do 2014 retired fest and up. Do not include year 1 fest. I mean whats the point of having the retired fest page if everything is unretired?

There is very little to actually strive for in this gave and this only makes players have less to aim for.
I am that bored with the lack of things i can have as a goal its not funny. Make new items not rerelease old ones
Retired Items
Retired Items are items that are no longer available in-game. They are typically awarded for special events or promotions. After that event or promotion has passed, they are unavailable again. Players who own a retired item may sell or trade it.

You guys stated MANY times that sprites and Year 1 fest will not be uneretiring. You stuck to your guns with scatter scrolls which hinestly didnt effect players much with their very low value. But bringing back these items is really not fair to your user base that you promised would not come back.

I think you should only do 2014 retired fest and up. Do not include year 1 fest. I mean whats the point of having the retired fest page if everything is unretired?

There is very little to actually strive for in this gave and this only makes players have less to aim for.
I am that bored with the lack of things i can have as a goal its not funny. Make new items not rerelease old ones
jfLmvwf.jpg
Nifty
Nifty
okay but where cna I get Roundsey's hat
okay but where cna I get Roundsey's hat
Ooh! An official raffle! I'm hyped!
Ooh! An official raffle! I'm hyped!
custom_bi_genderfluid_snekboi.png
Okay, I saw this right before I headed out the door to go to work this morning and only had enough time to say that I'm not too impressed with the idea of un-retiring items, even if it's "only a few, won't affect anything" and I've had a bit of time to think about it some more and my thoughts are, in no particular order, and with no particular promise of coherence: [LIST=1][*]I like the idea of Roundsey. I'm so glad we get more NPC's, and more unique activites to participate in, and the idea is pretty neat! I'm not a big fan of RNG and I don't usually participate in raffles, but I can totally see how cool this would be-- raffle off newly added genes or items, or dragons [i]with[/i] new genes, or just any sort of item just for fun. It's a treasure sink and it keeps things exciting. I especially like that you're finally making a gameplay use for your magic dragon-generation powers, I definitely would participate in it if I saw a dragon on offer that matched my lair theme. (also, Roundsey's art is awesome) [*].... and then I scrolled down and saw the bit about imperial scrolls. I agree with you not to retire them. I don't agree with your reasons for not unretiring them. Imperial scrolls were kickstarter items, and people paid you real money with the understanding that the KS items would be exclusive, limited-time-only rewards. Re-releasing any of the KS items would be a huge violation of that trust, not just Imp scrolls, but I notice that you don't mention that fact in your post at all. Your only reason is an ambiguous mention of it "hurting the economy", and no mention of any of the [i]other kickstarter items[/i] not being on the table. [*]The announcement post is phrased as if you're expecting people to not be happy that you're not unretiring [i]everything[/i]. [quote]We understand this will likely be an unpopular decision for some and we expect there may be passionate disagreements voiced.[/quote] I think there would be way less mention of it (and worried posts like mine) if you'd defined what you mean by "retired items" from the start. I've read through the first post several times and checked every admin post in this thread and none of them are confirming or denying exactly what the limits if roundsey's item pool is. Kickstarter items? Festival items? What year? Retired marketplace items like the old gem MP skins? Yet to be defined, but you're checking the feedback in this thread to see what the playerbase agrees is appropriate? Limiting people's expectations (or their worries) from the start would have served you well here. [*]ALSO the number of an item in existence does not always equal the number of mobile items of that type-- there might be hundreds of light sprites, but there's only seven in the auction house. Adding one more can have more of an effect than simple addition, especially for familiars which tend to find permanent homes because people like to collect them.
Okay, I saw this right before I headed out the door to go to work this morning and only had enough time to say that I'm not too impressed with the idea of un-retiring items, even if it's "only a few, won't affect anything" and I've had a bit of time to think about it some more and my thoughts are, in no particular order, and with no particular promise of coherence:
  1. I like the idea of Roundsey. I'm so glad we get more NPC's, and more unique activites to participate in, and the idea is pretty neat! I'm not a big fan of RNG and I don't usually participate in raffles, but I can totally see how cool this would be-- raffle off newly added genes or items, or dragons with new genes, or just any sort of item just for fun. It's a treasure sink and it keeps things exciting. I especially like that you're finally making a gameplay use for your magic dragon-generation powers, I definitely would participate in it if I saw a dragon on offer that matched my lair theme. (also, Roundsey's art is awesome)
  2. .... and then I scrolled down and saw the bit about imperial scrolls. I agree with you not to retire them. I don't agree with your reasons for not unretiring them. Imperial scrolls were kickstarter items, and people paid you real money with the understanding that the KS items would be exclusive, limited-time-only rewards. Re-releasing any of the KS items would be a huge violation of that trust, not just Imp scrolls, but I notice that you don't mention that fact in your post at all. Your only reason is an ambiguous mention of it "hurting the economy", and no mention of any of the other kickstarter items not being on the table.
  3. The announcement post is phrased as if you're expecting people to not be happy that you're not unretiring everything.
    Quote:
    We understand this will likely be an unpopular decision for some and we expect there may be passionate disagreements voiced.
    I think there would be way less mention of it (and worried posts like mine) if you'd defined what you mean by "retired items" from the start. I've read through the first post several times and checked every admin post in this thread and none of them are confirming or denying exactly what the limits if roundsey's item pool is. Kickstarter items? Festival items? What year? Retired marketplace items like the old gem MP skins? Yet to be defined, but you're checking the feedback in this thread to see what the playerbase agrees is appropriate? Limiting people's expectations (or their worries) from the start would have served you well here.
  4. ALSO the number of an item in existence does not always equal the number of mobile items of that type-- there might be hundreds of light sprites, but there's only seven in the auction house. Adding one more can have more of an effect than simple addition, especially for familiars which tend to find permanent homes because people like to collect them.
ZT1GQLd.png
choo choo goes the hype train for Roundsey
can i smooch her
choo choo goes the hype train for Roundsey
can i smooch her
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo9_250.png
Quote:
There are no limits to how many tickets you can buy! Obviously, buying more will up your chances, but every player is limited to winning one (1) prize each week. Roundsey draws winners by highest value prizes first; once those prizes are determined, Roundsey will continue down the list until all prizes have been pulled for. When the raffle concludes, that week’s winners will receive a private message with their prize attached.

Okay.... how is this supposed to actually work? You can buy as many tickets as you want, but as of this moment *eyes Front Page* there are 2994 users online right now.
But an extremely casual glance at the "Region Populations" of the various flights gives us these numbers:

Earth 11141
Plague 40602
Wind 41159
Water 25524
Lightning 38506
Ice 37661
Shadow 56608
Light 35466
Arcane 52201
Nature 36554
Fire 23078

Total Residents of FR: 398,500

Let's make a reach and assume that half of those accounts are abandoned and the players aren't here anymore.

New Total: 199,250

Let's assume half of those people will have absolutely no interest in the random raffle thing

New Total: 99,625

Let's say only 10% of those people are those who would buy more than 1 ticket

1-Ticket Buyers: 89,663 Multi-Ticket Buyers: 9,962

Having watched the trends here, fest skins/fam coloring/infobox quotes... I'm guessing there's going to be what <20 prizes per week? And winning in one week does not preclude you winning again next week (as in, there is no "cooldown" for a raffle winner, someone can repeatedly win every week, ridiculous odds though those would be).

...... Assuming there's 20 prizes, even against the single-ticket buyers that would put individual odds at 1:4,483 at taking home any prize for that week. I would like to remind one that there are fewer than that amount of players even online right now.

Those are ludicrous odds. I'm more likely to die as a result of a natural freak accident (1:3,357) (heck, I recently dodged being one such statistic last September) than place in this raffle.

Quote:
There are no limits to how many tickets you can buy! Obviously, buying more will up your chances, but every player is limited to winning one (1) prize each week. Roundsey draws winners by highest value prizes first; once those prizes are determined, Roundsey will continue down the list until all prizes have been pulled for. When the raffle concludes, that week’s winners will receive a private message with their prize attached.

Okay.... how is this supposed to actually work? You can buy as many tickets as you want, but as of this moment *eyes Front Page* there are 2994 users online right now.
But an extremely casual glance at the "Region Populations" of the various flights gives us these numbers:

Earth 11141
Plague 40602
Wind 41159
Water 25524
Lightning 38506
Ice 37661
Shadow 56608
Light 35466
Arcane 52201
Nature 36554
Fire 23078

Total Residents of FR: 398,500

Let's make a reach and assume that half of those accounts are abandoned and the players aren't here anymore.

New Total: 199,250

Let's assume half of those people will have absolutely no interest in the random raffle thing

New Total: 99,625

Let's say only 10% of those people are those who would buy more than 1 ticket

1-Ticket Buyers: 89,663 Multi-Ticket Buyers: 9,962

Having watched the trends here, fest skins/fam coloring/infobox quotes... I'm guessing there's going to be what <20 prizes per week? And winning in one week does not preclude you winning again next week (as in, there is no "cooldown" for a raffle winner, someone can repeatedly win every week, ridiculous odds though those would be).

...... Assuming there's 20 prizes, even against the single-ticket buyers that would put individual odds at 1:4,483 at taking home any prize for that week. I would like to remind one that there are fewer than that amount of players even online right now.

Those are ludicrous odds. I'm more likely to die as a result of a natural freak accident (1:3,357) (heck, I recently dodged being one such statistic last September) than place in this raffle.

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I am soooo excited for the new map to come out!
I am soooo excited for the new map to come out!
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 116 117