Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 151 152
Thank you for the update so much!

I'm sad to see the scatters go, as it means that the old dragons will get the short end of the stick with the natural eye types, but I completely understand the reasoning of it being to make breeding exciting again. I'm glad you acknowledged that the scatter implementation was less than ideal, but I also understand that backing up on your word about retiring them could do way more harm than good in the end.

In the end, thank you so much again. This update might not have been perfect, but has a lot of future potential and I hope this ordeal won't sour everyone's enjoyment of something that is clearly going to bring so much to the game.

(also, while I haven't seen it myself, the fact that apparently people in the community thought that this was an okay thing to harras and attack the devs over, makes me dissapointed. We all need to remember that we're just people over here, m'kay? Let's be respectful to each other.)
Thank you for the update so much!

I'm sad to see the scatters go, as it means that the old dragons will get the short end of the stick with the natural eye types, but I completely understand the reasoning of it being to make breeding exciting again. I'm glad you acknowledged that the scatter implementation was less than ideal, but I also understand that backing up on your word about retiring them could do way more harm than good in the end.

In the end, thank you so much again. This update might not have been perfect, but has a lot of future potential and I hope this ordeal won't sour everyone's enjoyment of something that is clearly going to bring so much to the game.

(also, while I haven't seen it myself, the fact that apparently people in the community thought that this was an okay thing to harras and attack the devs over, makes me dissapointed. We all need to remember that we're just people over here, m'kay? Let's be respectful to each other.)
Lupik_Firebreak.pnglupik_pockets.pnglupik_kindling.pnglupik_razzmatazz.png
My permadragons are in first 3 tabs of lair + first 2 tabs of hibden :)
Some dragons have pronouns in their tagline! Please use those if that's the case, ty!
Thank you for listening to the constructive feedback! An on that note I'm also sorry some people reacted so badly.

And I'm super excited to see what other types of eyes the're will be in store :D
Having a random element in breeding also makes hatching so much more exciting!
Thank you for listening to the constructive feedback! An on that note I'm also sorry some people reacted so badly.

And I'm super excited to see what other types of eyes the're will be in store :D
Having a random element in breeding also makes hatching so much more exciting!
86ahOvg.png lB0mcsO.png +8 FR time
THANK YOU
This update makes me feel better.
So now eye am waiting for those market place things!
THANK YOU
This update makes me feel better.
So now eye am waiting for those market place things!
Lets_play_with_spirits.png
Thank you for the update on the 'revert to common' item, and the eye 'gene' implementation is wicked sweet.

Being a KS backer, extremely disappointed/upset about the vial news however. My lair is stock full of older dragons that mean the world to me, and have earned a lot of time and effort from the last five years. There's absolutely no possible way that I'd replace these dragons with 'new' ones for the new eye types. To me that'd be the same thing as quitting the site, as I'd be throwing away years of work (and suffice to say, actual money).

To longtime players, this is a shiny new feature that's been released that we'll never get to truly enjoy, nor have a chance to for the dragons we love. I'm sure most of the KS backers on here feel like the same, especially those with dragons that they used their Imp scrolls on, or collected low IDs, or collected masses of Gen1s, or even have spent hundreds of dollars on their dragons.

Make them hard to get/cycled in as a rare item for even a single day a year, something that the older players can work towards. Or even as an item in Joxar's spare inventory that you have to spend a token on. I can understand wanting to stay true to the lore but frankly this is too much.
Thank you for the update on the 'revert to common' item, and the eye 'gene' implementation is wicked sweet.

Being a KS backer, extremely disappointed/upset about the vial news however. My lair is stock full of older dragons that mean the world to me, and have earned a lot of time and effort from the last five years. There's absolutely no possible way that I'd replace these dragons with 'new' ones for the new eye types. To me that'd be the same thing as quitting the site, as I'd be throwing away years of work (and suffice to say, actual money).

To longtime players, this is a shiny new feature that's been released that we'll never get to truly enjoy, nor have a chance to for the dragons we love. I'm sure most of the KS backers on here feel like the same, especially those with dragons that they used their Imp scrolls on, or collected low IDs, or collected masses of Gen1s, or even have spent hundreds of dollars on their dragons.

Make them hard to get/cycled in as a rare item for even a single day a year, something that the older players can work towards. Or even as an item in Joxar's spare inventory that you have to spend a token on. I can understand wanting to stay true to the lore but frankly this is too much.
2isazph.png
Thanks for the update and explaining things! I do love the idea of eye types truly, just wasn't thrilled about leaving out the older dragons. But your explanation clears up concerns.
Thanks for the update and explaining things! I do love the idea of eye types truly, just wasn't thrilled about leaving out the older dragons. But your explanation clears up concerns.
Z7cgb70.png
I’m interested to see what other eye types you have planned but I do have to admit I am still a bit sad to see the scattersight scroll go. I do understand your thinking on it, I really do- but that doesn’t make the disappointment less really. I’m with others on thinking some way to bring it in a limited capacity somewhere would be a nice compromise. However, I suppose if the new eye types are neat enough, it just may not matter at all, eh? ;)

Thank you so much for the future implementation of something to revert the eyes to common. That allows for a sigh of relief for future breeding projects that could be destroyed by a RNG of multigaze lol. (I’d sell that baby but if I finally got the goal color combo, boy would it hurt!)
I’m interested to see what other eye types you have planned but I do have to admit I am still a bit sad to see the scattersight scroll go. I do understand your thinking on it, I really do- but that doesn’t make the disappointment less really. I’m with others on thinking some way to bring it in a limited capacity somewhere would be a nice compromise. However, I suppose if the new eye types are neat enough, it just may not matter at all, eh? ;)

Thank you so much for the future implementation of something to revert the eyes to common. That allows for a sigh of relief for future breeding projects that could be destroyed by a RNG of multigaze lol. (I’d sell that baby but if I finally got the goal color combo, boy would it hurt!)
light_banner.png
If you won't release the eye vials permanently, at least release them for a longer event period. I spent the couple of days we had around-the-clock in the coli, which was terrible for my personal life, exhausting, and still didn't come close to getting me even the lower-rarity eyes on most of my permanents (I've been around a long time, so I have about 4 pages of those!). I wish I hadn't wasted about 15 vials on a specific dragon until I found out how rare multi-eyes was and realized that if I kept on scattering here, no one would get eyes at all!

The truth is that as nice as getting eyes by breeding is, I'd prefer to get eyes for the dragons I already own. I don't keep any of the dragons I breed, but my permanents are sticking around.
If you won't release the eye vials permanently, at least release them for a longer event period. I spent the couple of days we had around-the-clock in the coli, which was terrible for my personal life, exhausting, and still didn't come close to getting me even the lower-rarity eyes on most of my permanents (I've been around a long time, so I have about 4 pages of those!). I wish I hadn't wasted about 15 vials on a specific dragon until I found out how rare multi-eyes was and realized that if I kept on scattering here, no one would get eyes at all!

The truth is that as nice as getting eyes by breeding is, I'd prefer to get eyes for the dragons I already own. I don't keep any of the dragons I breed, but my permanents are sticking around.
lumos_noxsig.png
Thank you for this updated announcement, at least now I know you've listened to some of the players' feedbacks :)

I was very negative during that weekend because of the dropping rate of those scatters, and the incredibly low chance of getting a faceted, multi-gaze or primal eye type. But I am sort of okay now after I calmed down looking at all my skydancers and their tiny eyes :')
BUT there is still one thing that annoys me.

K, here's what made me angry (or upset?) A LOT with this game. It's not something exclusive to this Anniversary, that you often change the looking of exisiting dragons because you staff think this change of color would looks awesome and players would love the new versions, which is not true for all players (myself for example).

I'm not sure if this is correct, it might be very wrong. But, Flight Rising makes money from gems purchased by players and ads, right? If someone have bought genes (using purchased gems) and spent a lot of time (which means ads will pay more to FR), do you really think it's fair to change what your customers have achieved, considering that you actually made money from them breeding/gene dragons?

During this update, the example would be you changed the default eye colors. If I am not interested in any of the new eye type because I am super satisfied with what I've got in my lair, then shouldn't my dragons stayed the same? The color change for common eyes are obvious and has a negative impact for some dragons (eg colors don't perfectly match anymore/look too dark). This change negatively impacted on at least 3 of my dragons. But since they are not my most most most favorite dragons, I guess I can cope with that later.

The other example is far behind from now, but I am still upset with it because that impacted on my most * 15 favorite dragon (who is also my progen). During the last updates of the colorwheel (when pearl and radioactive etc were the fancy new colors), you CHANGED some of the old colors That was way too obvious than changing eye colors! Some personal anecdote: I joined Flight Rising because I saw an image of a dragon with color Ice, I love this color so much. Which can explain why my progen is double ice. But then she turned BLUE like a lighter-toned Sky after that update. I still love her and she's still my favorite, but I was/am angry about it.

To my opinion, I have spent time and money into making my dragons to look the best for ME, and you cannot guarantee I will love the change you made. If I like your new stuff, I will go on AH or MP; if I don't, then my dragons should just stay as usual, shouldn't it?

Like what I've mentioned before, I have put effort into turning them to the best to me, can you please not change it into whatever you want? PLEASE. I have breeding goals and lore stories that related to their colors. My progen turned from white to blue, I am not too okay with that.

But I know there are a lot of players who love the new version! And they will be upset like me if you change everything back!
So what I am thinking is, would it be possible if you can have a switch or something, that players can choose which version to present? (A, And please, make it a switch that can be easily turned on and off, not like those scatters ;-;) I am willing to buy from the gem market for such a switch. I mean, that's a happy ending for everybody right?

:')
Thank you for this updated announcement, at least now I know you've listened to some of the players' feedbacks :)

I was very negative during that weekend because of the dropping rate of those scatters, and the incredibly low chance of getting a faceted, multi-gaze or primal eye type. But I am sort of okay now after I calmed down looking at all my skydancers and their tiny eyes :')
BUT there is still one thing that annoys me.

K, here's what made me angry (or upset?) A LOT with this game. It's not something exclusive to this Anniversary, that you often change the looking of exisiting dragons because you staff think this change of color would looks awesome and players would love the new versions, which is not true for all players (myself for example).

I'm not sure if this is correct, it might be very wrong. But, Flight Rising makes money from gems purchased by players and ads, right? If someone have bought genes (using purchased gems) and spent a lot of time (which means ads will pay more to FR), do you really think it's fair to change what your customers have achieved, considering that you actually made money from them breeding/gene dragons?

During this update, the example would be you changed the default eye colors. If I am not interested in any of the new eye type because I am super satisfied with what I've got in my lair, then shouldn't my dragons stayed the same? The color change for common eyes are obvious and has a negative impact for some dragons (eg colors don't perfectly match anymore/look too dark). This change negatively impacted on at least 3 of my dragons. But since they are not my most most most favorite dragons, I guess I can cope with that later.

The other example is far behind from now, but I am still upset with it because that impacted on my most * 15 favorite dragon (who is also my progen). During the last updates of the colorwheel (when pearl and radioactive etc were the fancy new colors), you CHANGED some of the old colors That was way too obvious than changing eye colors! Some personal anecdote: I joined Flight Rising because I saw an image of a dragon with color Ice, I love this color so much. Which can explain why my progen is double ice. But then she turned BLUE like a lighter-toned Sky after that update. I still love her and she's still my favorite, but I was/am angry about it.

To my opinion, I have spent time and money into making my dragons to look the best for ME, and you cannot guarantee I will love the change you made. If I like your new stuff, I will go on AH or MP; if I don't, then my dragons should just stay as usual, shouldn't it?

Like what I've mentioned before, I have put effort into turning them to the best to me, can you please not change it into whatever you want? PLEASE. I have breeding goals and lore stories that related to their colors. My progen turned from white to blue, I am not too okay with that.

But I know there are a lot of players who love the new version! And they will be upset like me if you change everything back!
So what I am thinking is, would it be possible if you can have a switch or something, that players can choose which version to present? (A, And please, make it a switch that can be easily turned on and off, not like those scatters ;-;) I am willing to buy from the gem market for such a switch. I mean, that's a happy ending for everybody right?

:')
tumblr_p17b0efkpB1tto8d0o1_400.png
Hopes and prays for primal and multi eye to be purchases I can make

So much money spent trying to get those, I will pay to get them if it’s a garuntee that I can 100% obtain them. The odds were so rough and I am someone who NEVER gets lucky with rng.

Thank you staff for the update I look forward to more weird eyes to stick on my poor dragons!
Hopes and prays for primal and multi eye to be purchases I can make

So much money spent trying to get those, I will pay to get them if it’s a garuntee that I can 100% obtain them. The odds were so rough and I am someone who NEVER gets lucky with rng.

Thank you staff for the update I look forward to more weird eyes to stick on my poor dragons!
I like the idea of some eye types being in the Marketplace.
I know breeding for some eyes will be a pain and i'm a little sad that Scattersight won't be coming back, but I think that makes it more fun in an odd way?
I like the idea of some eye types being in the Marketplace.
I know breeding for some eyes will be a pain and i'm a little sad that Scattersight won't be coming back, but I think that makes it more fun in an odd way?
smoll.png
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 151 152