Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 151 152
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-06-11 17:16:49" ] And furthermore this brings up a big question, with all this new focus being put on dragon eyes will there be any consideration towards perma baby avatars? At present, the hatchling art is where the new eyes look the best since hatchling eyes are much bigger. [/quote] THIS. We need and DESERVE permababy avatars. Everyone puts so much work and money into their perma babies, and cannot even display them. Please staff, [i]let perma babies be avatars[/i].
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-06-11 17:16:49:
And furthermore this brings up a big question, with all this new focus being put on dragon eyes will there be any consideration towards perma baby avatars? At present, the hatchling art is where the new eyes look the best since hatchling eyes are much bigger.

THIS. We need and DESERVE permababy avatars. Everyone puts so much work and money into their perma babies, and cannot even display them.

Please staff, let perma babies be avatars.
@Julijohn99 @Valentined Yes, Primal eyes sit above skins/accents as shown by my WC here - for those who were wondering. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32873380] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=32873380&skin=20318&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url]
@Julijohn99 @Valentined

Yes, Primal eyes sit above skins/accents as shown by my WC here - for those who were wondering.

dragon?did=32873380&skin=20318&apparel=&xt=dressing.png
icefull2.png
aaa sweet !! thank you for acknowledging the community's concerns.
aaa sweet !! thank you for acknowledging the community's concerns.
fO3c3Bn.png oouioVf.png
mlHpBMC.png
EhlmcQh.png
@Valentined
I'm not sure, to be honest. My best guess would be that it's to prevent skin-creators from thinking that they can create custom eye colors using skins, due to them being laid under the eyes? That way they're not upset when they eye color changer they just spent 500+ gems on didn't actually work on any dragons.
@Valentined
I'm not sure, to be honest. My best guess would be that it's to prevent skin-creators from thinking that they can create custom eye colors using skins, due to them being laid under the eyes? That way they're not upset when they eye color changer they just spent 500+ gems on didn't actually work on any dragons.
I'm glad to hear there'll be an item to return to common eyes (and yay, additional eye types to be seen!)

Want to state (again and again) that I'm still hoping we'll see a feature or item in the future to return to the old/legacy eyes but hopefully sometime in the future we'll hear from the staff if that's something they're willing to consider

Happy 5 years FR!
I'm glad to hear there'll be an item to return to common eyes (and yay, additional eye types to be seen!)

Want to state (again and again) that I'm still hoping we'll see a feature or item in the future to return to the old/legacy eyes but hopefully sometime in the future we'll hear from the staff if that's something they're willing to consider

Happy 5 years FR!
[quote name="Alight" date="2018-06-11 17:19:01" ] Thank you for acknowledging our concerns, @Aequorin, it really does mean a lot. I do have one teensy question, although I’m afraid I might know the answer already. Is there ANY chance that Common eyes may be restored to their original colour in the future, or at least modified to more closely resemble the original? I understand that the change was for the sake of consistency, but others have noted there are actually more inconsistencies now than there were before (odd scleras, lack of pupils, lack of definition, reversed gradients, etc. etc.). The vast, VAST majority of us would like the old colours back. banana light eyes make me sad. Nonetheless, thank you so much for your response. We never doubted you guys had good intentions, we were all just frustrated with the execution. But hey, life happens. Thanks for keeping your cool. I know a lot of us didn’t. [/quote] Literally all the same questions as here. This was pretty much ignored in the response. Also is multi-gaze going to be fixed? It has so many issues! What about the anime primal eyes of light? Will any of the primals be edited that people are concerned about? Will a free flight change be given out? So many questions were just ignored with only one addressed which was super disappointing. I really wish there was more feedback from you guys and more of an explanation.
Alight wrote on 2018-06-11 17:19:01:
Thank you for acknowledging our concerns, @Aequorin, it really does mean a lot.

I do have one teensy question, although I’m afraid I might know the answer already.
Is there ANY chance that Common eyes may be restored to their original colour in the future, or at least modified to more closely resemble the original? I understand that the change was for the sake of consistency, but others have noted there are actually more inconsistencies now than there were before (odd scleras, lack of pupils, lack of definition, reversed gradients, etc. etc.). The vast, VAST majority of us would like the old colours back.
banana light eyes make me sad.

Nonetheless, thank you so much for your response. We never doubted you guys had good intentions, we were all just frustrated with the execution. But hey, life happens. Thanks for keeping your cool. I know a lot of us didn’t.

Literally all the same questions as here. This was pretty much ignored in the response. Also is multi-gaze going to be fixed? It has so many issues! What about the anime primal eyes of light? Will any of the primals be edited that people are concerned about? Will a free flight change be given out? So many questions were just ignored with only one addressed which was super disappointing. I really wish there was more feedback from you guys and more of an explanation.
knhLXgs.png
...and it feels as though a weight has been lifted off my chest.

Thank you so, so, soooo much for giving us a formal response. Hopefully we won't have a controversy this toxic for a long time; when it eventually arrives, I also hope that it will be handled appropriately by both the staff and the community to minimize the impact.

I can't wait to see what new eyetypes are going to be released. I smell festival eyes...

Edit: I'd like to add that I still think retiring vials is a mistake. Sure, we'll be getting new eyetypes for all our permas, but to think that I'll never be able to get Fire and Wind primals on my respective reps, or Arcane primal on my mages...

It's also unfair to those who don't breed (g1 lairs, oldie collectors, etc) but desire giving one of their dragons eyetypes only available to new hatchlings. I hope that one of the new eyetypes can match, if not surpass, the natural eyetypes we can't obtain for our older permas.

...and it feels as though a weight has been lifted off my chest.

Thank you so, so, soooo much for giving us a formal response. Hopefully we won't have a controversy this toxic for a long time; when it eventually arrives, I also hope that it will be handled appropriately by both the staff and the community to minimize the impact.

I can't wait to see what new eyetypes are going to be released. I smell festival eyes...

Edit: I'd like to add that I still think retiring vials is a mistake. Sure, we'll be getting new eyetypes for all our permas, but to think that I'll never be able to get Fire and Wind primals on my respective reps, or Arcane primal on my mages...

It's also unfair to those who don't breed (g1 lairs, oldie collectors, etc) but desire giving one of their dragons eyetypes only available to new hatchlings. I hope that one of the new eyetypes can match, if not surpass, the natural eyetypes we can't obtain for our older permas.

3 hours ahead of FR time
[quote name="Misha" date="2018-06-11 17:23:50" ] Yes, Primal eyes sit above skins/accents as shown by my WC here - for those who were wondering. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32873380] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328734/32873380_350.png[/img] [/url] [/quote] That's great to know. :) Thanks for confirming! edit: whoops, didn't know that quotes would re-ping.
Misha wrote on 2018-06-11 17:23:50:
Yes, Primal eyes sit above skins/accents as shown by my WC here - for those who were wondering.

32873380_350.png

That's great to know. :) Thanks for confirming!

edit: whoops, didn't know that quotes would re-ping.
Well, this sucks :/ Honestly I understand the reasoning, but I still would have loved to give some of my dragons new eyes. I really hope that later on, the vials might be released again, but I shouldn't get my hopes up. I really hope you reconsider.
Well, this sucks :/ Honestly I understand the reasoning, but I still would have loved to give some of my dragons new eyes. I really hope that later on, the vials might be released again, but I shouldn't get my hopes up. I really hope you reconsider.
venusaur-mega.gif
im glad its not radio silence anymore, but there are still quite a few things im displeased with. ill try to take this apart piece by piece

--originally no plans to have a vial at all/make it breedable rng only
interesting. not as cool as it sounds, though. if i got a dragon with an eye i didnt like after months and months of trying--thats it. there would have been no way at all, ever, to change it. thank you so much for NOT doing that. that would have been even worse.
--vials never coming back, breedable rng only
this... is exactly half of the problem as the previous bullet point. or, well, it will be ALL of the problem once we collectively run out of vials or money to buy them with. i understand the intent, but not even being able to pass it down as a gene? fun rng element--until it doesnt come out right. then its not fun. and the older dragons i wanted a specific eye on? i cant have that now. or ever.
--future, unreleased eyetypes in the market and other places
cool! i love new things. but why are you letting us add new eyes like we add genes, if you want "natural" eyes (like multi is natural?) to be breedable only? how do "unnatural" eyes come about like this? it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me, but i am curious to see what comes next. the fact that theres no indication of being able to apply these "natural" eyes manually besides scattersight (which is gone for good now) is disappointing
--revert to common item is a good idea and will be added
thank you. like so much. this is a step in the right direction!
--common eyes were "standardized" to be consistent
this really didnt seem necessary. i understand how old art looks once you improve, but changing some eyes by more than a single shade on the color wheel? changing the physical size of eyes on some dragons, or coloring in different parts entirely? these are all different breeds of dragons. different kinds of creatures have different eyes, and different breeds have different levels of elemental affinity. the fact that we choose our flight based on eye color, only to have it change now without any prior notification at all, seems like a very very odd move.

the last issue is that it does feel punishing to older users, whose older dragons have now been altered without notification. they look different. many people, me included, liked what we had. now ice eyes are blue, wind has a yellowy tint, and light is practically neon, among others. we breed dragons to match their eyes. a lot of these dragons are now different, and some elements have no new close second.

i could get into my whole other issue with multi-eyes and how the art does not feel up to par for many reasons, but i'll leave it at this for now. thanks for listening and finally weighing in on things, but many people are still dissatisfied with things as they stand.
im glad its not radio silence anymore, but there are still quite a few things im displeased with. ill try to take this apart piece by piece

--originally no plans to have a vial at all/make it breedable rng only
interesting. not as cool as it sounds, though. if i got a dragon with an eye i didnt like after months and months of trying--thats it. there would have been no way at all, ever, to change it. thank you so much for NOT doing that. that would have been even worse.
--vials never coming back, breedable rng only
this... is exactly half of the problem as the previous bullet point. or, well, it will be ALL of the problem once we collectively run out of vials or money to buy them with. i understand the intent, but not even being able to pass it down as a gene? fun rng element--until it doesnt come out right. then its not fun. and the older dragons i wanted a specific eye on? i cant have that now. or ever.
--future, unreleased eyetypes in the market and other places
cool! i love new things. but why are you letting us add new eyes like we add genes, if you want "natural" eyes (like multi is natural?) to be breedable only? how do "unnatural" eyes come about like this? it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me, but i am curious to see what comes next. the fact that theres no indication of being able to apply these "natural" eyes manually besides scattersight (which is gone for good now) is disappointing
--revert to common item is a good idea and will be added
thank you. like so much. this is a step in the right direction!
--common eyes were "standardized" to be consistent
this really didnt seem necessary. i understand how old art looks once you improve, but changing some eyes by more than a single shade on the color wheel? changing the physical size of eyes on some dragons, or coloring in different parts entirely? these are all different breeds of dragons. different kinds of creatures have different eyes, and different breeds have different levels of elemental affinity. the fact that we choose our flight based on eye color, only to have it change now without any prior notification at all, seems like a very very odd move.

the last issue is that it does feel punishing to older users, whose older dragons have now been altered without notification. they look different. many people, me included, liked what we had. now ice eyes are blue, wind has a yellowy tint, and light is practically neon, among others. we breed dragons to match their eyes. a lot of these dragons are now different, and some elements have no new close second.

i could get into my whole other issue with multi-eyes and how the art does not feel up to par for many reasons, but i'll leave it at this for now. thanks for listening and finally weighing in on things, but many people are still dissatisfied with things as they stand.
deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif
[ kinvi | 21 | they/them | fr+3 (est) ]
[ hatchery | commission me | wishlist/projects | clan lore ]
[ fr tumblr ]

trick_small.pngfood_miniature_potash_fruit_by_dogi_crimson-daejr0n.giffood_wisp_fruit_by_dogi_crimson-dadu8mc.giftrick_small.png
19082321_deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e_otherway.gif
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 151 152